Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/27/2017 7:04:30 PM EDT
My flash hider (Griffin Armament) is bottomimg out on the muzzle of my 14" Ballistic Advantage barrel.  Even with a crush washer it bottoms out about 1/4 turn from being correctly positioned to be pinned.  Do they make a spacer for this or will I need to stack spacers?
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 7:13:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Peel washers ?
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 7:30:37 PM EDT
[#2]
https://precisionarmament.com/product/accu-washer-system/

Would this work?  Could I stack them?
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 8:07:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I would say better than peel washers, based on the description.  Timing sizing covering 0-360 degrees.

I would not stack them, personally.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 8:21:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Weapons outfitters sells a spacer to be used for just such a case between a crush washer and a BE 249.  I had the same issue with a 249 and a BA 16" barrel.  It worked perfectly.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 8:32:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My flash hider (Griffin Armament) is bottoming out on the muzzle of my 14" Ballistic DisAdvantage barrel.  Even with a crush washer it bottoms out about 1/4 turn from being correctly positioned to be pinned.  Do they make a spacer for this or will I need to stack spacers?
View Quote
Sounds like the barrel wasn't threaded properly.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 10:26:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I would just use peel washers, they're easy
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 10:32:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Well I own a lot of their barrels and I have not had any problems with any of them., but if there is a problem, get a hold of them and let them know what is going on.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 1:31:32 AM EDT
[#8]
I have 3 aac blackout fh, non suppressor mount. All will seat against the muzzle without shims. A few thou worth of shims gets it to seat on the shoulder. I believe the shims i used were from Griffin armament iirc.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 9:40:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
You corrected his n/ m mistake, wow!  You also added a few extra letters.

If anything, the BA barrels have short threads compared to a Larue or other barrels.  I don't see how the muzzle device could be bottoming out on a BA barrel unless the muzzle device is used and has crud on the threads, is cross threaded or the muzzle device was not threaded deep enough.  I have quite a few BA barrels along with Larue and Faxon.  The BA barrels have the shortest threads.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 12:13:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Are you using the overtravel stop that was included with your muzzle device along with the peel washers?
Found here if you don't have it https://www.griffinarmament.com/M4SD-silencer-shim-set-and-overtravel-stop-p/gam4sdsk.htm
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 12:17:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Are you using the overtravel stop that was included with your muzzle device along with the peel washers?
Found here if you don't have it https://www.griffinarmament.com/M4SD-silencer-shim-set-and-overtravel-stop-p/gam4sdsk.htm
View Quote
I'm not using the over travel stop because I don't plan on suppressing it.  I did order the Precision Armament accu-washer kit to use with a crush washer.  It will work fine that way.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 3:58:06 PM EDT
[#12]
I have seen used flash hiders bottom out on a new barrel from carbon build up in the thread where it was spaced further out on the previous barrel.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top