Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/26/2017 1:43:31 PM EDT
I have an extra Anderson AM-15 sitting on my bench and I'm building a range beater.  Something that will run true but can be thrown in the bed of the truck and take some mild abuse.  I was looking at the M4E1 (granite ridge combo) with a gen 1 or 2 handguard; and wanted to know if anyone is running this setup.  Is there any excessive slop or wiggle or is it pretty tight?  Thanks
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 4:49:36 PM EDT
[#1]
The aero precision M4E1 had three samples selected without solicitation by Crane for testing and comparison of mlok vs keymod strength and return to zero.

One of the samples of the three exhibited the greatest strength before failure of all rails tested in both keymod and Mlok strength.

Sample A3/A6 was a aero precision M4E1

Having direct experience with this rail, once it is bolted to the integrated receiver extension it has tight lockup and has not exhibited loosening of hardware. I utilize rock set for the hardware and have not had a product failure to date.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 5:27:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the response and great information.  Are you running an Aero lower?  I'm gonna be running an Anderson and was wondering how snug it will be.

Thanks again
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 7:37:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Im running a palmetto state armory lower. Fit is typical between them. Nothing special.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:28:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I think fit is hit or miss no matter what brand. Matching or not matching brands. I have had the best luck when buying match sets.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 9:20:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think fit is hit or miss no matter what brand. Matching or not matching brands. I have had the best luck when buying match sets.
View Quote
What I figured. I think I'll just see what happens.  Worst that happens should be just a standard fit

Thanks guys
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 9:47:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I have 2 m4e1s and a third on the way.  They're tight no slop, and a 9 year old with a torque wrench can assemble the upper in 15 min. I'm a big fan.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 11:44:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I have two, one on an Aero(gen 2) and one on an Anderson(gen 1). The fit with the Anderson is actually better. No slop while the Aero has some play. Aero does have a tension screw I didn't use.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:45:16 AM EDT
[#8]
I have a few aeros and they are awesome. One is a COP and another is a m4e1. The m4e1 is a great rifle and the fit and finish is great. The rifle has not let me down yet and is my rifle that takes the most abuse. The COP is one of my oldest rifles and is awesome, but not mlok and its a bit short.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:45:39 AM EDT
[#9]
My only complaint about the aero system is that the HG diameter is on the larger side.  Other than that, the one I have is great.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 7:03:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
My only complaint about the aero system is that the HG diameter is on the larger side.  Other than that, the one I have is great.
View Quote
That's really the only complaint most people have.  I like the handguard diameter and it's really close the the plastic clamshell type handguards.  Plus if you plan on going suppressed SBR they're great for shrouding the can.  I have a friend that bought one because he liked the design and another might be picking one up because the ID will shroud his can nicely.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 9:27:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I have two, one on an Aero(gen 2) and one on an Anderson(gen 1). The fit with the Anderson is actually better. No slop while the Aero has some play. Aero does have a tension screw I didn't use.
View Quote
Thank you.  I'll post some pictures when I finalize the build.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 10:52:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Love my M4E1 upper. Im running mine on an Aero gen 2 lower with the tension screw in the base so slop between upper and lower is a non issue. My rifle has never had an issue and shoots sub moa. Im actually thinking about replacing the 556 barrel with a BA 6.5 grendel

Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:49:38 PM EDT
[#13]
I have two M4E1 uppers. One on a BRO billet lower and another on a Seekins precision ambi lower. Excellent fit and zero slop on either.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 3:08:14 PM EDT
[#14]
I have an M4E1 upper on my precision rifle and love it. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 5:03:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Great looking rifles guys

Thanks for the input
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 9:01:44 PM EDT
[#16]

Here are my two Gen 1 uppers, I have a gen 2 on the way with a 12" handguard for another 5.56 upper.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 3:42:06 AM EDT
[#17]
I have two; one on an Anderson and one on an AP lower. They fit, same as any other upper/lower combo, easy to fit together no excessive wobble.  As to how tight or loose that depends on the tolerance of those particular items.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top