Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 7:17:24 AM EDT
[#1]
My duty rifle is an M4A1 (Auto/10.3" Barrel) and it has the following:
B5 SOPMOD Stock
Tango Down Pistol Grip
Tango Down MK46 Forward Grip (Surefire Version)
Geissele SSF
LaRue LT15-7 Rail
LMT Fixed Rear Sight
Aimpoint T1 in LaRue Mount
Surefire M600

The setup works great for general usage.  I'd leave the barrel alone for now until it wears out.  I'm a huge Noveske fan, but save the money until you need to replace it.  When the time comes, get a 14.5" and permanently attach a Muzzle device.  I love SOPMOD stocks and Geissele Triggers, probably the first upgrade I make to any rifle.  IM me if you want
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 10:27:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Honestly brother I went the same route 12-14 years ago, you may want to consider returning your colt to the almost stock condition you have in the first photo and keep your aim point & rear sight.

If you really want to modify a carbine, just get another rifle to modify and have fun with it.  for a duty weapon the less is better. You probably already know our chiefs & administrative types don't know crap about weapons on average. If you're unfortunate enough to ventilate a bad guy with your rifle remember it'll be on display in front of 12 people not smart enough to get out of jury duty. I wouldn't want mine looking like a Star Wars blaster.  

But times are good for buying a second rifle and mod it all you want, shoot some two gun matches or whatever.
If your close to Jackson or Corinth I'm teaching a carbine class in the next couple weeks. IM me if your interested.
I promise you'll be ready to ditch that rail.

These guys are offering some well meaning advice, but keep in mind we live in a different world now days.
View Quote
I live in Selmer,Tn. Halfway in between Corinth and Jackson, Tn....I would love to take a carbine class!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top