Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/28/2017 1:34:22 PM EDT
Does anybody manufacture custom buffer tubes?  I want an A2 tube with extended threads to use the carbine castle nut.  I'm using a Medesha plate and want to use a Magpul ASAP sling mount.

I've contacted a pistol tube supplier with no response so far.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:45:43 PM EDT
[#1]
How are you going to get the castle nut past the shoulder on which the rifle-length tube indexes?

So you want a rifle-length tube with no shoulder, milled for a lockplate, but no carbine stock stop boss, and milled for screw hardware attachment of a fixed stock?

Probably gonna have to have that modified custom from a rifle buffer extension, with the shoulder cut down on a lathe, threads extended further, and the lockplate raceway milled. Since the stock body already extends right up to the receiver, you'll likely have to modify the stock to add your sling doohickey, as well. Or use a shorter A1 style stock body but still use the A2 stock spacer, in order to free up some room between the stock body and the receiver/doohickey/lockplate.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 2:43:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Are you using the whole Medesha adjustable stock assembly thing?  So, like you just want to use the ASAP with that Medesha precision stock right?  If so it sounds like it'd be easier to find a suitable pistol buffer tube and have it modified with those 4 holes or dimples or whatever come on the Medesha receiver extensions, so it'll accept the Medesha stock.  

That sounds almost like something you could try yourself at home with a drill press (or even just a bench vise, cordless drill, big balls, and a steady hand).  If you screw up you're only out ~$50 on the pistol buffer tube/receiver extension.

Can I ask because curiosity is getting the better of me: why do you want to use a 1-point sling on a bench rifle? (assuming based on th Medesha thing).  I mean, use whatever you want, I'm just wondering if there's not a simpler way to get to whatever your ultimate goal may be, is why I ask
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 1:24:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, A2 tube without the shoulder, extended threads to use carbine castle nut.  

Turns out Scott at Medesha makes tubes.  So I'll have him make what I want.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top