BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 12:40:02 AM EDT
[#1]
That's a damn nice rifle.  I hardly ever say this, but I don't know if I could bring myself to shoot it.  I totally understand those who would shoot it tho.  Tough call.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:20:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll display it for you
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:28:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Congrats on the win!

Too many unknowns to determine whether or not I would shoot it if I were you.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:03:19 AM EDT
[#4]
The rifle is not a virgin.
It must have been test fired at the factory.
Put a couple of mags through it then decide what you want to do with it.

It's not like your rifle will be competing with other non fired rifles if you were ever to sell it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:27:05 AM EDT
[#5]
I would fire it what is the point of having a nice rifle like that and never using it.  I shoot my Stg-44 and my grandfathers Luger he was issued and carried during the war.  Guns are made to be shot not never used.  I would not take a training class or run the ever loving piss out of the rifle but I would for sure use and shoot it.  Unless you plan on keeping it and selling it someday for some huge amount of money their is no reason not to shoot and use it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:55:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Personally, I would part it out.  Surely not the most popular opinion.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 12:46:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Because of what it is.....I would put it in a shadow box and display it. Making a shadow box to replicate the image on the page would be cool! Idk how hard it would be to source all the team coins but even the patches knives would be cool. Congrats on winning that!
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 2:51:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I would just display it and not shoot it. I have other rifles.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 2:57:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Shoot it and zero it, youre not going to hurt it.

Fire off 21 rounds to honor those in the Naval Special Warfare brotherhood.
Then after that, display it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 3:01:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Would you be opposed to donating it to the United States Naval Special Warfare Command as a tribute piece?
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:52:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Shoot it and zero it, youre not going to hurt it.

Fire off 21 rounds to honor those in the Naval Special Warfare brotherhood.
Then after that, display it.
View Quote
Yea that's not a bad idea either.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:52:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Would you be opposed to donating it to the United States Naval Special Warfare Command as a tribute piece?
View Quote
That thought crossed my mind, but if anything like that happened, it would be way down the road.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 1:54:38 AM EDT
[#13]
I would zero it, then leave it as an art piece.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 5:02:25 AM EDT
[#14]
I think it defiantly deserves to be shot. Especially what that rifle/raffle represents.

I'd shoot it, but, I'd also treat that rifle better than my others. I'd also never sell it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 8:15:37 AM EDT
[#15]
OP, can you take some pictures when you get it?  The ones on the site are kinda dark to me.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 6:08:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
OP, can you take some pictures when you get it?  The ones on the site are kinda dark to me.
View Quote
I plan to once I get it. I'm hoping sometime next week as they told me it wouldn't ship out for a week or so.

On another note, I did contact Noveske for more info on the rifle and they confirmed what was stated in the raffle as far as limited production, John Noveske's involvement in the project and that it was a "unicorn" as far as limited availability.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 8:15:52 PM EDT
[#17]
In maybe 50 years, after you're gone, maybe it will be worth a little more. In the meanwhile, the beautiful thing just sat there looking good for all your life while you wished you could shoot it. WAKE UP! The nightmare is over - it was just a bad dream! You open your eyes and there's this beautiful AR sitting there just waiting to be taken out and used for what it was meant to do.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 8:19:25 PM EDT
[#18]
I think it's awesome, I'd shoot it once at least! I saw one of those rifles on ballistic radios Facebook off and on. Such a cool piece, congrats op!!!
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 11:12:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Very cool. Congadulations.

Many here will tell you to shoot it, if you don't I understand. I would.
View Quote
I agree. I personally would run a few hundred rounds through it to ensure it actually runs as good it looks. The white glove clean it and display it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 11:24:09 AM EDT
[#20]
I would beat it like a red-headed step-child.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 11:46:36 AM EDT
[#21]
It was made in honor of navy seals. It would be a disgrace NOT to shoot it.

Shoot it, shoot it alot. Run it hard. Scratch it up, ding it, beat it up.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 11:47:08 AM EDT
[#22]
I would shoot it.

I would also Krylon it, but that's probably not going to be a popular opinion.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 7:34:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Very Nice.  Congrats on the win.  I personally do not have any safe queens.  I would shoot it.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 1:48:13 PM EDT
[#24]
It's a gun.  Shoot it.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 4:38:16 PM EDT
[#25]
If you want to display it go ahead and do so, it's your rifle. But if you think by displaying it your somehow preserving it's value I think that is questionable. This isn't an antique, rare or one of a kind firearm. It's a Noveske AR15 with a fancy paint job and a few cool features. The value of the gun isn't going to be much more than that of a standard Noveske (if that). If you want to get the most value out of the gun then sell it now to someone who desires the rifle and it willing to pay a premium for it. Having it sit in your house will not enhance the value.

BTW, you can shoot it and still display it. Take it out and run it and then clean it and hang it up on the wall. Personally, I would shoot the hell out of the gun and enjoy it. Congrats on winning a nice rifle.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 8:07:14 PM EDT
[#26]
It took a while, but I finally received it. I didn't realize they were going to do this, but they included all of the Seal/NSW patches, challenge coins and even the SOG Sealpup and Benchmade auto Presidio knives. Hard to explain how lucky, grateful and in shock I feel. I wasn't sure whether or not it had been fired a lot or just factory test fired and it looks basically like it was fired at the factory and that's it.

Link Posted: 5/4/2017 12:33:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Man, that is amazing...I love the logo.  I would shoot that and shoot it often - it'll be on "display" when you shoot it!!!
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 2:47:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
That thought crossed my mind, but if anything like that happened, it would be way down the road.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Or Noveske can make another? Serialized one of one
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 2:48:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
It took a while, but I finally received it. I didn't realize they were going to do this, but they included all of the Seal/NSW patches, challenge coins and even the SOG Sealpup and Benchmade auto Presidio knives. Hard to explain how lucky, grateful and in shock I feel. I wasn't sure whether or not it had been fired a lot or just factory test fired and it looks basically like it was fired at the factory and that's it.

http://i1064.photobucket.com/albums/u370/bubbasuwannee/Noveske%20NSW%20Special%20Edition/IMG_3221.jpg
View Quote
That thing is so sexy
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 9:08:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
If you want to display it go ahead and do so, it's your rifle. But if you think by displaying it your somehow preserving it's value I think that is questionable. This isn't an antique, rare or one of a kind firearm. It's a Noveske AR15 with a fancy paint job and a few cool features. The value of the gun isn't going to be much more than that of a standard Noveske (if that). If you want to get the most value out of the gun then sell it now to someone who desires the rifle and it willing to pay a premium for it. Having it sit in your house will not enhance the value.

BTW, you can shoot it and still display it. Take it out and run it and then clean it and hang it up on the wall. Personally, I would shoot the hell out of the gun and enjoy it. Congrats on winning a nice rifle.
View Quote
Agreed. Not to burst your bubble, but it's a Noveske AR15. Now you have one just like the rest of us. I see no reason not to shoot it. If I won that gun, I'd be shooting the piss out of it. Honestly, I highly doubt you'd get much, if anymore, by selling it versus any other. Shoot it and enjoy it.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 9:49:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Congratulations!

First, I'd mount a NXS 2.5-10x24 and zero it.

Second, I'd build (have made) a wood display cabinet with a glass framed door.  Engrave a plate to attach to the door:  Navy Special Warfare Edition Rifle #75 of 77.  An oak cabinet about the size of a discreet case with locks and mounting hardware for rifle and accessories.   I'd mount the Foundation letter in a picture frame.

You have the Ultimate Barbecue Gun!  

We can't take our toys with us, so we should enjoy them a little bit.  Shoot it to remember John and the War Fighters that never came home.  Shoot it on special occasions with close friends at 800-900-1000 yards.  
Proudly Displayed and only driven on Sundays.
View Quote
This guy has the right idea!
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 9:53:40 PM EDT
[#32]
That's awesome man. Congratulations!  

I disagree with those believing it's worth no more than any other Noveske rifle of a comparable build.

-Limited run
-Ties to one of the most elite military units in the world
-Ties to a legend in the AR industry and community
-With the way they did the etching, literally no two are exactly the same
-Those who own the other examples are all of considerable prestige and achievement
-The complimentary memorabilia adds to the collectabilty

The bottom line, the components might be worth $2,500. But, someone with $2,500 to spend can't just go out and buy one.

My initial thought was to vote for display. But, I'm now thinking you should shoot it. Here's why. John Noveske is almost like the Carol Shelby of the AR world. Shelby designed some beautiful cars, but he meant for them to be driven. Noveske definitely fits that same mold.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 5:05:50 AM EDT
[#33]
I would never run the risk of owning something very nice and never using it just to sell it, lose it to theft, or have it become someone's possession after my death. In all of which cases the rifle would get neglected, abused, unappreciated. Fuck that! I'm not saying run mag dumps through it. But I would definitely put 2-3 mags through it. Besides, even as a decoration on the wall, I would like to know that in the most dire situation, if I grab it and rack the CH, that rifle is G2G.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 9:06:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
That's awesome man. Congratulations!  

I disagree with those believing it's worth no more than any other Noveske rifle of a comparable build.

-Limited run
-Ties to one of the most elite military units in the world
-Ties to a legend in the AR industry and community
-With the way they did the etching, literally no two are exactly the same
-Those who own the other examples are all of considerable prestige and achievement
-The complimentary memorabilia adds to the collectabilty

The bottom line, the components might be worth $2,500. But, someone with $2,500 to spend can't just go out and buy one.

My initial thought was to vote for display. But, I'm now thinking you should shoot it. Here's why. John Noveske is almost like the Carol Shelby of the AR world. Shelby designed some beautiful cars, but he meant for them to be driven. Noveske definitely fits that same mold.
View Quote
Yea, anyone saying it's just worth the sum of its parts don't get what this is. I plan on shooting it some...I've come to that realization. I never intend to sell it and shooting it just a small amount isn't going to affect the value of the package so long as I do proper cleaning etc... and don't get crazy. Being a car/mustang guy, I agree with your Shelby/Noveske comparision, that's about the best way to describe it.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 9:07:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I would never run the risk of owning something very nice and never using it just to sell it, lose it to theft, or have it become someone's possession after my death. In all of which cases the rifle would get neglected, abused, unappreciated. Fuck that! I'm not saying run mag dumps through it. But I would definitely put 2-3 mags through it. Besides, even as a decoration on the wall, I would like to know that in the most dire situation, if I grab it and rack the CH, that rifle is G2G.
View Quote
Yea, I'm gonna shoot it some. Maybe a mag or 2 every now and again.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 9:13:46 AM EDT
[#36]
Congrats!

I would say that's a bad ass looking rifle, but the pics they took of it are HORRIBLE  Who takes pics of a black rifle on a black background in the fucking dark????

Anyways, congrats again for winning!
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 9:57:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Christian,
As far as shooting this amazing and unique rifle....Did I read that this gun was owned by a seal and donated by him for this raffle? Did that seal shoot this rifle when he owned it? If he did I would consider occasionally and carefully shooting it on special occasions since it has already been used. If the seal that owned it did not shoot it, who among us would is going to criticize the seal for not shooting this rare piece. In that case I would not shoot this very rare firearm.
As far as display....There is the rifle and all of the other items that should be displayed together. I am in Morehead. One of my retired partners is an orthopedic surgeon who does incredible wood work in his retirement. This rifle deserves a proper display case for it and the other items together. PM me if you want to talk about a high quality display case. It is what these items deserve IMHO.
You are one lucky son-of-a-gun !!
Mike
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 10:19:22 AM EDT
[#38]
Very cool!! Put in a display case!
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 10:20:09 AM EDT
[#39]
As the owner of a Louder Than Words raffle 1911 that I shoot the shit out of, I was initially inclined to admonish you for not shooting it.  However, after seeing the pictures, I have to say I think I would hold off on shooting it.  That looks like a pretty unique piece.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 10:48:33 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Christian,
As far as shooting this amazing and unique rifle....Did I read that this gun was owned by a seal and donated by him for this raffle? Did that seal shoot this rifle when he owned it? If he did I would consider occasionally and carefully shooting it on special occasions since it has already been used. If the seal that owned it did not shoot it, who among us would is going to criticize the seal for not shooting this rare piece. In that case I would not shoot this very rare firearm.
As far as display....There is the rifle and all of the other items that should be displayed together. I am in Morehead. One of my retired partners is an orthopedic surgeon who does incredible wood work in his retirement. This rifle deserves a proper display case for it and the other items together. PM me if you want to talk about a high quality display case. It is what these items deserve IMHO.
You are one lucky son-of-a-gun !!
Mike
View Quote

After inspecting it, it appears only factory test fired and that's it. I'm thinking of jus displaying the included items and certificate and keeping the rifle locked up in my safe.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 10:49:24 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Congrats!

I would say that's a bad ass looking rifle, but the pics they took of it are HORRIBLE  Who takes pics of a black rifle on a black background in the fucking dark????

Anyways, congrats again for winning!
View Quote
Thanks! Yea I wished the pictures were on a different background.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 11:19:47 AM EDT
[#42]
Keeping the rifle locked up in a safe seems like a waste. I would sell everything they sent and buy a thermal.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 11:37:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Nice looking rifle, congratulations. I would either sell it, or shoot it.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 1:44:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Honestly, as much as a part of me would want to display it... I would make that my go-to rifle. I look at the quality of the Noveske rifle to begin with, and know that it is a very worthy rifle of that status. I then look at the fact that every other one like it is owned by a Navy Seal, and the fact that the one you now own previously belonged to a Navy Seal.

Not one of us here can run out and buy one of these. That makes it unique. I'd be so proud to own that rifle that I can guarantee I would use it. It would be something that I would take my son out to shoot, and he would always know the importance of the rifle in my eyes. One day, it would be his and I would hope that having grown up shooting it with me, he would value it as highly as I would.

In the end, it is your rifle. Let your heart guide what you do with it. I have my dads old Winchester model 55 that is priceless to me because it was his. I shoot it because it will never be sold. Some folks in the same position might display it as a family heirloom. I see it as a memorial to one of my dads most prized possessions every time I take it out. Either option is a tribute to the meaning behind the rifle. I'm just saying what I'd do with it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 11:24:48 AM EDT
[#45]
For those that are curious or care, I'm going to shoot a few rounds through it this weekend at the Mrgunsandgear TWANGnBANG benefit shoot this Saturday. The other items, chellenge coins, patches etc... I am going to have a display case made and display those, the certificate and a picture of the rifle. The rifle will stay locked up. I would have a hard time forgiving myself if something happened to it.

Thanks for all of the suggestions and comments! Much appreciated. Very fortunate to have won something like this....never have I had this kind of luck.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 12:23:40 AM EDT
[#46]
I'd shoot it!
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 9:06:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
For those that are curious or care, I'm going to shoot a few rounds through it this weekend at the Mrgunsandgear TWANGnBANG benefit shoot this Saturday. The other items, chellenge coins, patches etc... I am going to have a display case made and display those, the certificate and a picture of the rifle. The rifle will stay locked up. I would have a hard time forgiving myself if something happened to it.

Thanks for all of the suggestions and comments! Much appreciated. Very fortunate to have won something like this....never have I had this kind of luck.
View Quote
Soooo...how'd that shoot go????  Did MrGnG or T&B have an opportunity to drool over it?
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 9:52:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Soooo...how'd that shoot go????  Did MrGnG or T&B have an opportunity to drool over it?
View Quote
Rifle shot awesome! Was only able to shoot to 25 yards, so not much of a test, but it functioned smooth and the trigger was pretty nice. Not sure if they saw it or not...left it and some other rifle where we were set up, but didn't take it down to where they were at. Spent most of my day topping off mags so my wife could run through the shoot house.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 11:31:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I'm just glad to see that someone actually verified that there are real winners in these giveaways......always had this feeling in the back of my mind that the winners list was rigged in some way. Congrats!
View Quote
I'm pretty sure by law someone has to win. I think Pepsi in the 90's had a situation where if a guy turned in enough caps or something he'd win a Harrier jet. Well, some guy actually did it and wanted his Harrier jet. They ended up sending him a paper cutout one.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 12:50:29 AM EDT
[#50]
I would absolutely shoot that thing.
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top