Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2017 11:33:30 AM EDT
I want a Sig brace for my AR pistol.  Do I need to buy the buffer tube castle nut etc also or can I just buy the brace and put it on my existing buffer.
I've goggled and still unclear.  If someone on ARFCOM had one for sale, would it be in the lower parts used forum? Thanks all.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 11:43:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Have you checked into the several other options? The Sig are known as being heavy. Eitherway, you will need a buffer tube assy for whatever you get. A traditional buffer tube is not used for this application.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 12:10:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have you checked into the several other options? The Sig are known as being heavy. Eitherway, you will need a buffer tube assy for whatever you get. A traditional buffer tube is not used for this application.
View Quote
this is what I have. What else do I need for the Sig brace? I appreciate your help.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 12:53:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I believe you need a pistol tube or basically any tube that does not feature the slots for a collapsible stock. If your tube is a perfect circle you should be good to go. Seems like the sig brace may be held in by just friction and a tight fit. I have the KAK Shockwave (better and cheaper imo) and it is secured by a hex key.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:14:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got a KAK Shockwave on mine, but I believe it does need the proprietary buffer tube with detents for the set screw.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:18:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
this is what I have. What else do I need for the Sig brace? I appreciate your help.https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/13038/image-155226.JPG
View Quote

Just the brace. It's slides on and is held by friction.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:32:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Had one on my 7.5 build uses standard pistol buffer tube with end plate and castle nut. Was very solid
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 7:08:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Shockwave does not "need" a proprietary tube.I would go that route because it's cheaper and lighter.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 10:41:32 PM EDT
[#8]
This KAK tube I have does not use a castle nut just like the tube you have on doesn't.  Brace just slides on with some force and stays put for the most part.

Attachment Attached File

My other KAK tube does use a castle nut.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 11:04:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Also believe it or not Walmart has the best prices for Sig braces.  Just google or search Wallyworld itself.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 12:07:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I've got a KAK Shockwave on mine, but I believe it does need the proprietary buffer tube with detents for the set screw.
View Quote

You can use any pistol tube, it just isn't that best because they dont have detents and the KAK brace does not secure as tight/it may dimple the buffer tube if you over torque it. The KAK tube just has set screws to help with those problems. Still only barely $100 for the tube, buffer, and shockwave.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 9:00:58 AM EDT
[#11]
I've got an SB brace on an AK pistol, good cheek feel but the friction alone will still allow the brace to rotate slightly, some pin or glue theirs in place. It's a heavy sucker.

I'd look at one of the longer braces unless you shoot nose to charge handle.

I also have an AR and a Scorpion Evo with a shockwave brace, IMHO works better and lighter. I like the adjustability as well, and does not need the KAK dimpled tube although for $20 it's a nice upgrade.

Personally if I had $200 to blow on a brace I'd give the Tailhook mod2 a hard look when it comes out. I may drop one of these on a 9mm AR pistol build later this year.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top