User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 10
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 11:44:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That is exactly what he said. He is saying 'four months at battlefield vegas, and all that broke is one part? I don't hold that against the design."
View Quote

My bad. Quoted the wrong person

My apologies
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 3:21:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I hate to say it but we finally suffered a failure with the upper. The plastic hand guard at the gas block finally cracked. The upper is still functional and I myself would feel safe using it but because of liability issues, I had the armorers pull it.

The hand guards attach to the gas block and after continuous running, it's my opinion that the heat not going into the upper receiver/bolt carrier group is  caused the plastic to crack. It has been very low-maintenance unit and will definitely add more to the left when a rail is available. I'm not knocking the quality of the rail but most customers want the look of a rail with cover and forwards pistol grip.

V/R
Ron
Edit: dyslexia and a cocktail while on the flight
View Quote

Ron, any update on the round count as you approach 5 months? Are you over the 10,000 round count already?
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 4:03:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Yeah I been checking that site once a week, it went from no webpage to a place holder webpage.

Obviously they can slap a website together behind the scenes and put it up at any min. But changing to a place holder tell me someone is working on it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anybody else try to go to the web sight on the box? It gos to some other sight for me. Where can you buy these?

Yeah I been checking that site once a week, it went from no webpage to a place holder webpage.

Obviously they can slap a website together behind the scenes and put it up at any min. But changing to a place holder tell me someone is working on it.

This is really weird. Wolf's web site is "wolfammo.com" when I just tried to go to the address on the box, "wolf-arms.com" I get automatically redirected to "prize o rama" and a pop up that says "congratulations Android user, you just won a $1000 Wal Mart gift card" looks like I may have gotten a virus. Had to close the window asap.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 11:11:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

This is really weird. Wolf's web site is "wolfammo.com" when I just tried to go to the address on the box, "wolf-arms.com" I get automatically redirected to "prize o rama" and a pop up that says "congratulations Android user, you just won a $1000 Wal Mart gift card" looks like I may have gotten a virus. Had to close the window asap.
View Quote

I dont know what you do on your free time :D

I wish they would open up wolf-arms.com or better yet aimsurplus needs to get some in stock, I got monies...why you no want?
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 9:10:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Do you think the Russians are trying to find the next AK47, and having us Americans do all the T&E? I do.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 9:46:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Sooo you took a rifle many collect for it's uniqueness and history and tried to turn it into an oper8or mall ninja rifle. I kinda get why you're not into this upper. It's not "regular kit" that can be messed with. It's not about that.

This upper clearly isn't for you. That's cool. No problem with how you want to collect and use your firearms. But also realize there isn't anything wrong with how other people like to collect and use their firearms. And FYI butting into and shitting on a thread where people ARE excited about something you're not is a dickass thing to do, so maybe cut that out.
View Quote

Once you pull off the Daewoo Butthole stock, (You of course do realize the DR200 was a Ban Era rifle, right?) which nobody collects for it's "uniqueness", you have no choice but to do a full 922R on the gun....unless you like prison?

I think the Wolf will be a good upper, but it won't do anything a standard DI AR from any decent company won't do and unless it's mated with a Taiwanese type lower it's not even a "collectible" so it just seems goofy to me... To each their own.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 11:03:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
To each their own.
View Quote

yet you keep returning here to post about how "it won't do anything a standard DI AR won't".

"BYE Felicia!"
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 12:03:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Do you think the Russians are trying to find the next AK47, and having us Americans do all the T&E? I do.
View Quote

Russia has nothing to do with this product
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 12:47:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeeeaaahhh... I'm just going to pretend I didn't see something that ridiculous on here.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 1:50:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Ok, I'll pile on.

The next AK 47?  Like the AK 74, or the AN 94 or the AK 107?  Probably a few others I'm forgetting.

This T91 was designed in the 70's IIRC by Taiwan and has been in use for decades.  I doubt the Russians give a crap.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 9:08:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

1. The Wolf A1 upper is based off the T91, which is Taiwanese designed and made and replaced their T-65 rifle in the early 2000s. Many countries use the T-91, especially a few in hot and sandy areas, like Jordan/Kuwait/UAE + India. Also used in the hot jungles of Indonesia. So has been used successfully in a variety of climates.

2. Russians already have their AK-12 vs. A-545 for their new AK. Both of those have passed the Russian state "Ratnik trials" and were supposedly accepted into service with operational units for evaluation. I have not heard about them picking a "winner" about which rifle they will use for their combat rifle.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 1:03:13 AM EDT
[#12]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0psT6Q-v9AY

This guy says they're available now and to "check wolf's website" but there's no info.

So there are around 250 of them being imported for the first batch before they mess up the front sight block.  They are "available now" but nobody has them.  AIM Surplus is rumored to be getting some, but doesn't have them and doesn't know when they'll get them.

Are these things vaporware?  Where do you get one?
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 1:22:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

This guy says they're available now and to "check wolf's website" but there's no info.

So there are around 250 of them being imported for the first batch before they mess up the front sight block.  They are "available now" but nobody has them.  AIM Surplus is rumored to be getting some, but doesn't have them and doesn't know when they'll get them.

View Quote

Mess up the front sight block? I thought they were only making a small change to the front sight post so that it is taller and would then work with standard AR-15 rear sights?
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 5:18:01 AM EDT
[#14]
It's looking like they won't have enough supply to keep up with the demand which kinda explains the hush-hush from Wolf and the distributors.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 8:50:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sounds like the first ones are supposed to be hitting in the next couple weeks
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 9:21:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Most of my gun funds for the next few months are going into a 1911 and bullet casting setup. Very good chance I won't be able to swing one of these while they are available. Have fun with them, fellas.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 5:46:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wolf is based out of Russia, so I'm not too sure you're right.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 5:52:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

You mean California. So still commies.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 5:55:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
No they are not, Wolf is a name brand not a manufacturer.
A simple Google search will tell you this.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 2:12:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why do you talk about things you obviously know ZERO about?

Wolf Performance Ammunition is an American business employing American workers.

It imports ammunition for the US commercial market from many countries including
Russia, Germany, Spain, Serbia, Taiwan, etc. and other products from even more.

The Wolf Gold brass case .223 Rem is produced in Taiwan at a very respected arsenal
which also developed this upper receiver assembly for the Taiwanese military and LE.

Their 12 gauge buckshot and slug loads are produced by SK of Germany.

Their .22 LR Match ammunition is produced by SK of Germany, which also produces
Lapua's .22 LR Match ammunition.

Their shotshells are produced in Spain.

Most of the brass case ammunition line is produced in Serbia.

Much of the steel case centerfire line is produced in Russia.

Their brass case 7.62x54mmR EXTRA Match load is produced by
LVE in Novosibirsk which is known for high quality match and sniper loads.

The company is American, they source products for the US market
just like many others do, such as Colt with their .223 ammo imported
from.......OMG.......Russia......

http://www.sgammo.com/product/223-556mm-ammo/20-round-box-223-rem-62-grain-fmj-colt-branded-made-russia-barnaul-zinc-plate

Link Posted: 3/11/2017 2:19:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Dude, just stop. Stop. Please.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 2:25:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Derptastic post.......

The next AK47? You mean like the AKM which was adopted in 1959 to replace the AK47?
Or the AK74 which was adopted in 1974 to replace the AKM? Or the AK74M which replaced
the AK74 or the AK100 series.............or the.......

You do realize the Arsenal responsible for these was IZHMASH, now Concern Kalashnikov, and they
are not allowed to export firearms to the US and that Wolf Performance Ammunition has ZERO relations
with them.

Or even that Taiwan is.........a Republic.........and anti-Communist and fought a war with Communist China.
That they are a staunch US ally. Or that the Wolf gas piston upper receiver was developed by the Taiwanese
Arsenal 205 for the Taiwanese Army and the series dates back to the
Type 65 Assault Rifle

Type 86 Assault Rifle

and the current
Type 91 Assault Rifle

Link Posted: 3/11/2017 2:36:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

ikr
He posted in the video comments 1 day ago "Should be available now on Wolf's website"  is there another wolf website other than wolfammo.com ?
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 6:44:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 6:57:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The ROC desgn in proven. They've been running it for a VERY LONG TIME. This isn't just some fad upper. It is a proven military design.
View Quote

At the same time the AR has been in service with the US for 60 years yet every day all across the internet we read how crappy it is.

Slight rant, but being used for a long time by a Military does not mean it's a super awesome proven design.

Plenty of countries use crap weapons.

/Endrant.

That said, this does appear to be a decent upper at a good price.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 7:19:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

At the same time the AR has been in service with the US for 60 years yet every day all across the internet we read how crappy it is.

Slight rant, but being used for a long time by a Military does not mean it's a super awesome proven design.

Plenty of countries use crap weapons.

/Endrant.

That said, this does appear to be a decent upper at a good price.
View Quote
We already explained to the other troll who was shitposting in this thread. WE KNOW. We know that the AR is great. This can be great too, it's hardly a pair of mutually exclusive conditions.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 7:40:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

....wait.... the Russian's hacked the Wolf Upper ?......

Sorry, but after 5 full pages... a little humor, was better then the still not available...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeeeaaahhh... I'm just going to pretend I didn't see something that ridiculous on here.

....wait.... the Russian's hacked the Wolf Upper ?......

Sorry, but after 5 full pages... a little humor, was better then the still not available...

I meant it's ridiculous that the Russians would have anything to do with Taiwanese rifle parts being imported and finished in the US for the civilian market, nevermind that Wolf is an American importer. The day the Russians adopt a rifle based on the M16 is the same day Hugh Hefner chops his dick off, puts on a bunny outfit and fake titties and publishes the pictures in playboy.

In other news... Your joke is the actual reason I am absolutely against "smart guns," though I am less concerned about the Russians than my own government.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 7:48:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
We already explained to the other troll who was shitposting in this thread. WE KNOW. We know that the AR is great. This can be great too, it's hardly a pair of mutually exclusive conditions.
View Quote

I wansnt saying the AR is great.

Just pointing out that just because a country uses it, does not mean it's amazing.

However Ron's testing is showing it to be a good upper for the money. That's what matters.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 8:04:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 8:14:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Edited. Didn't see mod before posting g.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 9:27:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Patiently waiting..to build a Type 65 clone.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 12:28:17 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The day the Russians adopt a rifle based on the M16.... http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/2016/tinfoilhatsmile.gif[/img]
View Quote

To be fair certain units have HK 416 and 417

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/06/29/russian-special-forces-using-hk417-ai-aw-in-dagestan/
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 9:15:34 AM EDT
[#33]
I have built up a lower with a BCM enhanced trigger group, Vltor A5 Emod stock set up , waiting for one of these. I realize things like this may never come. We all seen it before. But just in case it flops , I'm going to drop an A4 20" on it and call it good.  Cheers WarDawg
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 4:23:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Mess up the front sight block? I thought they were only making a small change to the front sight post so that it is taller and would then work with standard AR-15 rear sights?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

In my eyes that's messing it up, I want one of these to attempt to build a T91 clone and raising the front sight block, therby forcing the use of a normal AR rear sight (instead of the T91 carry handle they said would come with it--which apparently they didn't) would wreck my build!

Quoted:
ikr
He posted in the video comments 1 day ago "Should be available now on Wolf's website"  is there another wolf website other than wolfammo.com ?

Yessir, wolf-arms.com is printed on the box the test uppers came in, but the site is defunct and some people report virus warnings from the redirects, so be very careful if you actually try to view that site.

Why are new guns so hard to find?!  I've been trying to find a Ruger Precision Rifle in 6.5 for over a year, been trying to find a Bergara B14 for 2 months and still can't get a list of distributors out of Hudson so I can buy their H9!  Holy cow manufacturers TAKE MY MONEY PLEASE, just tell me how to throw it at you!
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 4:34:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Not raising the front sight block, but simply adding a taller front sight.
If you want to make a repro spend two minutes with a file to shorten the front sight, if it even needs it.

Looks like Wolf is consolidating their optics and arms web info onto their main site, but haven't launched it yet.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 11:52:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Yessir, wolf-arms.com is printed on the box the test uppers came in, but the site is defunct and some people report virus warnings from the redirects, so be very careful if you actually try to view that site.

Why are new guns so hard to find?!  I've been trying to find a Ruger Precision Rifle in 6.5 for over a year, been trying to find a Bergara B14 for 2 months and still can't get a list of distributors out of Hudson so I can buy their H9!  Holy cow manufacturers TAKE MY MONEY PLEASE, just tell me how to throw it at you!
View Quote

I cant get to that website, it automatically puts  http://ww2 or  http://ww12  in front of the url and takes me to a dead sight.  
I think I am done checking for these every day, as soon as I say I'm not buying one they will pop up at several venders.
So... yep I changed my mind not buying one ; /
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 9:34:21 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Patiently waiting..to build a Type 65 clone.
View Quote
I still wish we can get Howa to export the Type 89
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 3:11:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
In for one if they pass the abuse test
View Quote

Battlefield Vegas' torture tests mean very little in terms of real world performance.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 5:30:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Battlefield Vegas' torture tests mean very little in terms of real world performance.
View Quote
Their usage is very relevant for determining parts durability more so than field reliability. Both are important; no test can determine both.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 4:53:40 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
I've never said that I'm trying to provide "real world performance". I am just providing the results that I get from MY range and how MY weapons handle it. My whole point in starting this to help the guy/gal that's on a limited budget to decide what's best for them.

V/R
Ron
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 1:59:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I've never said that I'm trying to provide "real world performance". I am just providing the results that I get from MY range and how MY weapons handle it. My whole point in starting this to help the guy/gal that's on a limited budget to decide what's best for them.

V/R
Ron
View Quote
And I do thank you for that. I know it takes a lot of time to come here and give us these details. Honestly I know I can't even afford the ammo to wear out one gun in my lifetime.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 2:23:36 PM EDT
[#42]
These still vaporware I take it?
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 3:42:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 6:00:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
Possibly.
Something doesn't seem right. Why isn't there any advertising for these? I'd expect advertising 6mo to a year before they become available to the public. It doesn't add up.
Normally a company intends to make a profit, maybe Wolf just decided to bring these to market at cost for fun.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 12:06:34 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Possibly.
Something doesn't seem right. Why isn't there any advertising for these? I'd expect advertising 6mo to a year before they become available to the public. It doesn't add up.
Normally a company intends to make a profit, maybe Wolf just decided to bring these to market at cost for fun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Possibly.
They are not vaporware.
They ARE advertising them, they are running full page ads in print publications which is not cheap.

They will be out shortly, Wolf has very close ties to the Taiwanese and they just want to make sure
everything is right so customers are happy.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 7:41:38 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
Sure but keep in mind that tons of guns out there wouldnt survive one week even in those "not so extreme" conditions.
And with that volume of rounds fired daily they are putting a significant amount of stress on those weapons.

Ive seen low quality AR failing during a simple 300 rounds competition.. And those guns were safe queen well lubed etc..
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 9:49:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

They are not vaporware.
They ARE advertising them, they are running full page ads in print publications which is not cheap.

They will be out shortly, Wolf has very close ties to the Taiwanese and they just want to make sure
everything is right so customers are happy.
View Quote
I stand corrected, what magazines do they have adds in?
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 9:13:08 AM EDT
[#49]
Any idea or news if Wolf will be importing the correct rear sight or carry handle for these?  If Wolf is listening, these will sell best if they are an exact copy of the military version.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 4:42:53 PM EDT
[#50]
i think these would sell well if they are compatible with AR15 sight heights.  i'm just looking for a quality piston upper at a nice price, compatible with my existing AR15 eqpt (which also includes Adams Arms already).  not a militaria collector.
Page / 10
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top