BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 31
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 4:13:53 PM EDT
[#1]
FYI - she said they will call & email each of us for full invoice payment when our place in line comes up. If they don't get a response within 24 hours that buyer gets bumped to the next batch to ship.
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 4:44:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I hope a lot of you pre-order guys canceled.  I place mine on 7/31.  
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 4:56:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
FYI - she said they will call & email each of us for full invoice payment when our place in line comes up. If they don't get a response within 24 hours that buyer gets bumped to the next batch to ship.
View Quote

Thanks, I will keep a lookout and update the thread when I get the email.
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 5:10:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Called Fostech this morning for an update - the first Echo shipped last week to the patent holder the design was based on. They are currently building triggers & setting them aside, 200 are assembled & ready to ship... the hold-up is they are waiting for the clam-shell packaging to arrive. I neglected to ask when this packaging was scheduled to be delivered but was told my pre-order from 03/30 will be in my hands in December. I specifically asked if their ATF letter covers the final design & was told it does. A copy of the letter will be included w/ each trigger. The rep I spoke w/ was very polite, quick to answer all of my questions & was in no rush to get off the phone... seemed like she was shooting straight w/ me. She assured me there are no lingering quality control issues to delay production & that each unit is being tested before shipping.
View Quote

She did not tell me about the package problems. Maybe that is what they were waiting to arrive last week for shipment this week. I was told this week is when shipping would begin. I wonder if they backed off and are saying December due to the packaging? I did not ask about the ATF letter but that's great it covers the current design. I still have not received an email for my final payment. I am paid in full. I think I might call them tomorrow.
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 5:25:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
She did not tell me about the package problems. Maybe that is what they were waiting to arrive last week for shipment this week. I was told this week is when shipping would begin. I wonder if they backed off and are saying December due to the packaging? I did not ask about the ATF letter but that's great it covers the current design. I still have not received an email for my final payment. I am paid in full. I think I might call them tomorrow.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Called Fostech this morning for an update - the first Echo shipped last week to the patent holder the design was based on. They are currently building triggers & setting them aside, 200 are assembled & ready to ship... the hold-up is they are waiting for the clam-shell packaging to arrive. I neglected to ask when this packaging was scheduled to be delivered but was told my pre-order from 03/30 will be in my hands in December. I specifically asked if their ATF letter covers the final design & was told it does. A copy of the letter will be included w/ each trigger. The rep I spoke w/ was very polite, quick to answer all of my questions & was in no rush to get off the phone... seemed like she was shooting straight w/ me. She assured me there are no lingering quality control issues to delay production & that each unit is being tested before shipping.

If you get any new info please report back. Better just a few of us checking in w/ them, getting detailed info & posting updates vs many calling & inundating them w/ repeat questions. She said they were ramping up production personnel numbers as well so they are definitely shorthanded at this time. The more folks they have assembling & packaging vs answering phones, the better.

Link Posted: 11/15/2016 10:13:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You could put the trigger pack in, but you will need to mod your 9mm carrier to use the trip/catch function of the echo.

The Franklin binary trigger should work pretty well in your 9mm.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Haven't been following this, but you think I could drop this in my PSA AR-9?
You could put the trigger pack in, but you will need to mod your 9mm carrier to use the trip/catch function of the echo.

Didn't see anything in this thread about bolt modifications. Sorry if I'm doubling back, could anyone point me in the direction for some more info on this? I take it Fostech offers a proprietary bolt with the trigger?
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 10:20:37 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Didn't see anything in this thread about bolt modifications. Sorry if I'm doubling back, could anyone point me in the direction for some more info on this? I take it Fostech offers a proprietary bolt with the trigger?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes. Originally fostech had them set up to work with m16 carriers. Somewhere along the line they changed it to a custom carrier with an angled face slightly to the rear of the M16 trip interface. From pictures it looks like a little dremel work would bring an m16 type carrier to the same dimensions.

Link Posted: 11/15/2016 10:22:17 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes. Comes with bolt carrier. Some standard carriers might work, some need to be modified.

Echo Trigger: Everything you need to know

Carrier talk starts at 4:25

Link Posted: 11/21/2016 12:45:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

If you get any new info please report back. Better just a few of us checking in w/ them, getting detailed info & posting updates vs many calling & inundating them w/ repeat questions. She said they were ramping up production personnel numbers as well so they are definitely shorthanded at this time. The more folks they have assembling & packaging vs answering phones, the better.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

On there Facebook someone saying it won't be ship until January or February
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 1:40:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did not read that. I was told last week they would ship but now who knows. I'm just waiting
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 8:01:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I did not read that. I was told last week they would ship but now who knows. I'm just waiting
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Scroll down to the echo trigger read the comments a couple guys says they got an email from fostech about the release time not sure if it's true or not
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 2:29:15 PM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 11/24/2016 1:19:23 PM EDT
[#13]

They finally got back with me and said I should expect to be contacted in Dec/Jan for my order placed on March 27.
Link Posted: 11/25/2016 11:31:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Order #13708
Order Date: 2/14/2016

Still haven't hard anything for a factual shipping date. I think I'm one of the first in line? or should be?
Link Posted: 11/25/2016 11:39:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Order #13708

Still haven't hard anything for a factual shipping date. I think I'm one of the first in line? or should be?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Order #13708

I ordere on 1/31/2016.  I emailed them last week and they said
We will contact you before we ship to confirm shipping address and for balance for the deposit shortly

Your order should ship November / December
Link Posted: 11/25/2016 11:46:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Order #13708

We will contact you before we ship to confirm shipping address and for balance for the deposit shortly

Your order should ship November / December

OK, keeping fingers crossed! :) thanks!
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 3:42:34 AM EDT
[#17]
So... as is usual with Fostech.... they are (yet again, for the Umth time) moving the release date? How unusual
IMHO, this company has lost ALL credibility. They do not update purchasers (and remain "dark" here), they NOW punish cancellations (per 20% fee. Glad I cancelled mine long ago), and have changed their release date no less than 5 times already. If that's a company you want to do business with, all the more power to you. I'll NEVER order anything of theirs again (as I don't respect THEM, nor their actions, nor their lack of honesty/integrity after all this). I'll add again, that I had to send multiple emails to them to cancel, and the only reason they finally did, was because I threatened legal action against them.
While it may wind up being a great product (if actually/eventually released), their final product (IMHO) means nothing since they took the shady/deceptive road to get there. I'll not do business with them EVER.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 8:07:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
So... as is usual with Fostech.... they are (yet again, for the Umth time) moving the release date? How unusual
IMHO, this company has lost ALL credibility. They do not update purchasers (and remain "dark" here), they NOW punish cancellations (per 20% fee. Glad I cancelled mine long ago), and have changed their release date no less than 5 times already. If that's a company you want to do business with, all the more power to you. I'll NEVER order anything of theirs again (as I don't respect THEM, nor their actions, nor their lack of honesty/integrity after all this). I'll add again, that I had to send multiple emails to them to cancel, and the only reason they finally did, was because I threatened legal action against them.
While it may wind up being a great product (if actually/eventually released), their final product (IMHO) means nothing since they took the shady/deceptive road to get there. I'll not do business with them EVER.
View Quote

They didn't respond to my email and message too. I was on a conference call with my credit card company and fostech got it cancel with out any fee got the check in less then a week
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 12:14:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Yikes.

Franklin armory it is.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 12:53:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Yikes.

Franklin armory it is.
View Quote

I've been following this thread from the beginning, same with Franklin Armory.
I bought the BFS III a few weeks ago.
I have been holding out for the Fostech, but I just can't find it in me to buy one of their triggers with all of the release date changes.
Oh, the cancellation policy change didn't help their cause either in my book.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 1:33:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I have been holding out for the Fostech, but I just can't find it in me to buy one of their triggers with all of the release date changes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yikes.

Franklin armory it is.

I haven't put any money down, and won't until a shippable product is available.  I really like this trigger as designed, and would love to buy one , as long as I can pay now, and receive it in 4 days.  Hell, not even an early bird discount to entice.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 1:42:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Yikes.

Franklin armory it is.
View Quote

Franklin armory has 10% off code cyber
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 12:31:30 PM EDT
[#23]
I too canceled my order for the ECHO, for all the reasons previously stated by other members, and I received all of my money back, ALL of it, by going through my credit card company.  It took sending in some electronic information, printed from Fostech's own web page and FB page, as well as copies of all of the complaints from this particular thread, but in the end, the issue has been resolved, and I am out nothing, but learned a valuable lesson, and like others on this forum, Fostech will never receive any of my business in the future.  The thing that irritates me the most is the endorsement of all the youtube stars for this product, and they are still endorsing the product.  That takes a little more respect and credibility away from these folks for their lack of due diligence before so publicly claiming that this company is worth doing business with over this particular product.  Anyway........enough griping about this, it is over for me.  I wish everyone else the best of luck getting your product.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 9:19:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Oh but wait, it gets better. Fostech just blocked me from sending them messages for asking a single question about my order. I tried sending them a second message about the order, which they have already taken my money for, and I got this...  

This is the worst company I have ever dealt with.  Their business practices are deplorable.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 9:55:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Oh but wait, it gets better. Fostech just blocked me from sending them messages for asking a single question about my order. I tried sending them a second message about the order, which they have already taken my money for, and I got this...  

http://imageshack.com/a/img921/2808/Kgnlaq.png

This is the worst company I have ever dealt with.  Their business practices are deplorable.
View Quote

Damn, that's pretty bad. I'd be contacting my CC company after that.

All I'll add to this thread is that the guys over at Franklin Armory were great people. I ordered a gen II trigger from them right when they first came out, and sent them my lower to do the install. Every time I called their phone number someone answered, I was updated at every step of the process, and wasn't fed BS answers about wait/ship times.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 10:04:50 PM EDT
[#26]
I ordered my Fostech on 8/7 and I just ordered a Franklin Armory... we'll see which one gets here first

- AG
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 10:10:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

All I'll add to this thread is that the guys over at Franklin Armory were great people. I ordered a gen II trigger from them right when they first came out, and sent them my lower to do the install. Every time I called their phone number someone answered, I was updated at every step of the process, and wasn't fed BS answers about wait/ship times.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's funny. I ordered a binary trigger and an echo trigger at the same time in July.  One trigger I have in hand, and the other is vaporware.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 10:18:03 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View Quote

Wow, that's.... well deplorable sums it up accurately. I'm holding out hope that I will have mine in December/January as I have been assured. If Feb gets here & I still don't have it.... I'll likely eject as well.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 11:48:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'd do like robsguns did, call the CC company and cancel the charge before it's to late.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 5:33:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Just got an reply from Judd Foster!

Link Posted: 11/30/2016 10:57:07 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/bamSOey.jpg
View Quote

If that's the case, we should start seeing user reports anytime now.

Link Posted: 11/30/2016 11:34:18 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View Quote
nice

Link Posted: 11/30/2016 11:39:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We'll see.  They also confirmed they were shipping 2 weeks ago.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 1:28:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm still skeptical about this just because they have reported this before. I'm also skeptical because the email was sent to someone under the name of "Big Popa" haha
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 1:42:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

I was told by Judd they were headed out the door today. Once I have it I'll post pics and start the reviews.. yes reviews..
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 2:02:28 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I was told by Judd they were headed out the door today. Once I have it I'll post pics and start the reviews.. yes reviews..
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I hope so.  I ordered in March, so hopefully it won't take too long to hit me as well.

Link Posted: 11/30/2016 3:00:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Judd sent me an email a few minutes ago saying he would call me shortly.

I put my deposit down January 21.

(I'm hoping shortly means today).

G.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 3:20:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Sounds like good news.  Checking emails now.......................
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 3:26:02 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Sounds like good news.  Checking emails now.......................
View Quote
What date did you order?

Link Posted: 11/30/2016 3:46:14 PM EDT
[#40]

I wonder how many they are going to be able to pump out. With as long as we've had to wait, you'd think they'd have a ton of these made up.

Order on 4/11/16.

Link Posted: 11/30/2016 4:36:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Ordered 4/10/16 here

I was told December or January for ship date.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 5:38:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Let's hope they're actually shipping and not just putting out "we're shipping now" to shut us up.  I received this email yesterday when inquiring about an update:

We are in the process of shipping the Echo Trigger initial orders.

We are releasing the orders via order by date.

You will be contacted before shipment to confirm shipping address and to collect balance of payment.

FOSTECH
P: 812-445-4028
F: 812-445-4019
[email protected]

We'll see....
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 7:23:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Ordered 6/17.. I'm in till I get my paws on one. Wasn't expecting one till Dec at the earliest. Unhappy with lack of updates though and certainly understand the frustration of those who ordered much earlier.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 8:54:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I'm still skeptical about this just because they have reported this before. I'm also skeptical because the email was sent to someone under the name of "Big Popa" haha
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I love it when you call me big papa Siri
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 6:50:26 AM EDT
[#45]

Lots of responses on their Facebook page as of this morning, look at comments on various posts..
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 7:40:55 AM EDT
[#46]
That looks promising.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 8:00:02 AM EDT
[#47]
After approval letter

Link Posted: 12/1/2016 11:11:43 AM EDT
[#48]

3 year old letter.  No mention of the trip for the carrier.  That letter sounds like the approval for a BFS without trip, like the Franklin.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 11:18:58 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

3 year old letter.  No mention of the trip for the carrier.  That letter sounds like the approval for a BFS without trip, like the Franklin.
View Quote

Yeah, that letter describes the function of the franklin very well.

I sent an email to Fostech yesterday and got a reply this morning.  They stated they are shipping the first units out now and will contact me when my order comes up for final payment.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 4:02:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

If you look inside the packaging with the selector there is something is that is similar to the the "trip sear" (called the trigger locking mechanism) we saw on the video images that were released.

If I am reading this correctly the letter is for the Hawbaker design but on facebook fostech has an opinion letter from someone that  worked with the ATF techonlogies branch saying that the "trigger locking mechanism" mod to prevent hammer follow does not make it a MG.  No real ATF letter on the new version, which is just like Franklin armory BFS gen II and gen III trigger. That is if I am reading it correctly. At lest there is a real ATF letter for the Hawbaker original design.

Page / 31
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top