Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 31
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 6:21:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
any updates on where they are with shipping?
View Quote
Mid to late April is what I was told. 

If you ordered in April, call them. 
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 6:23:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I got mine today, my order was place on 5/10/16
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 7:04:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn... looks like it'll still be waiting a while for August.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 2:43:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Does a full-auto or semi bcg come with the trigger?

I am thinking about putting one in a LMT 12 inch piston upper. How easy is it to mill the bcg to make it work or will Fostech mill one out for me if I sent the bcg to them?
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 2:48:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I am thinking about putting one in a LMT 12 inch piston upper. How easy is it to mill the bcg to make it work or will Fostech mill one out for me if I sent the bcg to them?
View Quote
It's pretty close to an M16 carrier. Takes about 15 minutes with a file to make an M16 carrier work with the echo. My cut carrier is on the bottom. The echo carrier is on top.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 3:18:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It's pretty close to an M16 carrier. Takes about 15 minutes with a file to make an M16 carrier work with the echo. My cut carrier is on the bottom. The echo carrier is on top.https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/57761/20170119-214738-129674.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's pretty close to an M16 carrier. Takes about 15 minutes with a file to make an M16 carrier work with the echo. My cut carrier is on the bottom. The echo carrier is on top.https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/57761/20170119-214738-129674.jpg

Cool. That doesn't seem to involve much removal of metal. All it take to make it work is to remove enough metal so the upper can close and the bcg is pushing that sear so the trigger would fire the second shot on echo mode?
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 3:34:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes. You need to remove enough material such that the carrier can fully close and doesn't just get stopped by the trigger block.

A light cut has the added benefit of more fully compressing the trigger block which lowers the required pressure to activate the echo shot. 
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 3:51:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yes. You need to remove enough material such that the carrier can fully close and doesn't just get stopped by the trigger block.

A light cut has the added benefit of more fully compressing the trigger block which lowers the required pressure to activate the echo shot. 
View Quote

Thanks. Going to order one today.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 7:04:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
i just did this the other night to my lmt carrier , it's out of a 12" piston upper. 

like jaqufrost said , it only took about 15 mins with a hand file.

Link Posted: 2/2/2017 5:14:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Green toggle springs seemed to just effect the first shots pull weight and didn't change the extra pull to set the echo shot off.  I mainly put them in because I wanted a harder strike and I'm hoping they will have enough extra strength to shoot the 6,000rds of cheap ammo I bought  To set off the echo shot it takes 6lb of pressure when using my cut carrier and about 10lb with the provided carrier.  I think it's a bit shorter to activate with my cut carrier as well, but I haven't come up with a good way to measure it yet.
View Quote

So I bought the green hyperfire spring kit as well after you posted the above. Once installed the pull weights with the green springs installed seem way lighter than with the stock echo springs. The green springs are noticeably stronger than the stock echo hyperfire springs on the bench; seems like a no brainer to use them, stronger hit and lighter trigger. Weird stuff but my trigger is now friggin awesome.

BTW shipping you a bushing with the correct id this time. Just made a few more.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 9:54:15 AM EDT
[#11]
can you post a pic of this bushing and where it goes i may want to buy one from you or try to make one
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 11:19:14 AM EDT
[#12]
I won't ever sell these. I have been using some old 22cal rangemaxx bore brushes that I cut down and drill out to make them. Takes away the sharp 90* turn that the post has to take at the end of travel in echo mode. The bushing makes the post move "back" at the end of travel instead of "up and back". Nice smooth echo activation.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 12:05:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I won't ever sell these. I have been using some old 22cal rangemaxx bore brushes that I cut down and drill out to make them. Takes away the sharp 90* turn that the post has to take at the end of travel in echo mode. The bushing makes the post move "back" at the end of travel instead of "up and back". Nice smooth echo activation.
View Quote

Can you post a pic of your trigger setup? thanks
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 1:27:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Here u go. Pic of bushing as well as where the bushing sits on the post below the trigger lock lever.

http://s1002.photobucket.com/user/matthewjbooth/library/first%20attempt%20door%20photos
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 3:10:35 PM EDT
[#15]
If that is all the material needed to be removed it would be nice if Fostech would have an option to get the trigger without their carrier for a lower price. Maybe that is in the works once the initial orders are filled?
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 3:54:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Here u go. Pic of bushing as well as where the bushing sits on the post below the trigger lock lever.

http://s1002.photobucket.com/user/matthewjbooth/library/first%20attempt%20door%20photos
View Quote

Can't get that to post.  Is link correct?

Aaah, not a pic, but a page.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 3:59:42 PM EDT
[#17]
I got my Echo trigger on Tuesday, installed it on Wednesday and fired it for the first time today.  Works as advertised, slicker that cat shit on a linoleum floor!  My only beef is the it does not play well with JP silent capture spring units.  I have 9mm and 5.56mm uppers for my SBR and have a capture spring unit for each upper, however once the Echo trigger is installed the only way to change out the capture spring is to remove the buffer tube!  I'm thinking that I might be able to mill or grind a flat on the leading edge of the front piece, I should be able to work it over the trigger lock in the forward position.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 4:18:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I got my Echo trigger on Tuesday, installed it on Wednesday and fired it for the first time today.  Works as advertised, slicker that cat shit on a linoleum floor!  My only beef is the it does not play well with JP silent capture spring units.  I have 9mm and 5.56mm uppers for my SBR and have a capture spring unit for each upper, however once the Echo trigger is installed the only way to change out the capture spring is to remove the buffer tube!  I'm thinking that I might be able to mill or grind a flat on the leading edge of the front piece, I should be able to work it over the trigger lock in the forward position.
View Quote
Just be aware the JP SCS is not much of a buffer and you may experience bolt bounce because of it.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/708988_JP-captive-buffer-carrier-bunce-.html
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 4:41:42 PM EDT
[#19]
ok now going to order a set of kns gen 2 mod 2's go to the hardware store and get some flat head cap screws that fit so they are easily serviceable in the foeld w/o 2 allen keys to fix the pin walking some of you have experienced but my question now is should i go with the .1555 pins to tighten this setup up will they fit and does someone have a mic or set of the oversized ones they can or have tried
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 2:05:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thanks! What diameter and thickness is the bushing? I'm thinking about making one to try
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 2:15:55 AM EDT
[#21]
I finally got Dubtap's bushing installed. It dropped the echo activation weight to 6lb with the included echo carrier and 5.5lb with my newly cut carrier. Seems to work really well, now I need some range time. Great ingenuity @dubtap

Here is the carrier I cut today. I will be sending this one to mbell for him to review against the BFS III.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 11:09:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Gunsafe - I will get some measurements for u. I also sent u an IM.

Jaqufrost - Glad to hear it's working for you. I sent another aluminum one your way yesterday via snail mail.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 12:33:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Gunsafe - I will get some measurements for u. I also sent u an IM.

Jaqufrost - Glad to hear it's working for you. I sent another aluminum one your way yesterday via snail mail.
View Quote

Got it and thanks!
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 12:40:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Semi auto pull weight with green springs.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 12:40:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Echo activation weight with stock carrier.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 12:41:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Echo activation with my M16 cut carrier.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 1:24:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Echo activation with my M16 cut carrier.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/57761/20170202-220637-139249.jpg
View Quote

That's a YUGE change in pull weight. 

I haven't installed mine yet. I'm in the middle of moving, and won't be able to until this next week. 
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 1:30:24 PM EDT
[#28]
jaqufrost. Did u try the cut trigger lock spring I sent? May drop the echo activation pull a little more.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 1:47:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Bushing specs.

ID .109 inch
OD .190 inch
Width .117 inch

I would not make the OD any larger. I tried and it made the trigger unsafe. With this size bushing it looks like you still get full engagement of all sear surfaces.
As I said before I have just been using cheap rangemaxx 22 bore brushes. If you cut around the aluminum of the crimp you can then unscrew the wire bore
brush out of the base and there is a nice hole left to align for drilling and then just a little file work to get the width correct. I have been using the back end
of the drill bit to hold the bushing while filling down to size.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 3:32:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Bushing specs.

ID .109 inch
OD .190 inch
Width .117 inch

I would not make the OD any larger. I tried and it made the trigger unsafe. With this size bushing it looks like you still get full engagement of all sear surfaces.
As I said before I have just been using cheap rangemaxx 22 bore brushes. If you cut around the aluminum of the crimp you can then unscrew the wire bore
brush out of the base and there is a nice hole left to align for drilling and then just a little file work to get the width correct. I have been using the back end
of the drill bit to hold the bushing while filling down to size.
View Quote

Thanks! When you say unsafe can you tell me what the trigger did with the larger dia bushing?  I have the other type springs from my Hiperfire trigger and I might try them on the fostech echo.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 3:50:03 PM EDT
[#31]
I tried .250" OD bushing and it cause the trigger to hammer follow and not to be caught fully on the sear surface on the end of the hammer. Never shot it that way. I still wanted it to work as designed just be smoother and lighter. Hopefully fostech will *tune up* the echo over time.

Green springs made it a little lighter pull. And of course use a slighly trimmed full auto carrier to keep the trigger saftey fully closed.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 6:45:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Anyone have any information on this trigger system?

echo trigger
View Quote

Had mine for a bit now, I've really taken a shine to it.  A lot of fun for dumping lead quickly but there is a slight learning curve, for me anyway, if you want to make your double taps quick AND have them land close together.

Link Posted: 2/4/2017 7:54:25 PM EDT
[#33]
just an update guy`s on the shipping progress:

i called Fostech. asked where they were shipping on dates ordered. i said i ordered in Aug. 2016.  i was expecting an answer on the lines of june or july...
they said possibly this April-May. i`m hoping
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 9:01:56 PM EDT
[#34]
I finally had a chance to put the extra power recoil spring in my 22 upper and test it with dry firing. If the "extra power" spring is any stronger than the stock one, I couldn't tell it. Cycling it feels the same, and it is still not powerful enough to overcome the stock sear spring. I did not test it with the reduced power sear springs since I know my stock setup will already cycle with those. I also purchased the enhanced firing pin. I'm not sure when I'll be able to live fire test.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 11:28:16 PM EDT
[#35]
I saw the picture of the light weight bolt carrier that was altered to activate the trigger lock. Has anyone used the lighter bolt carrier and carrier spring combination to speed up the cycling of the action and try to improve on the 650 RPM cyclic rate?

I'm thinking that (for those with super fast trigger fingers) this should allow a faster cyclic rate??
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 11:40:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I finally had a chance to put the extra power recoil spring in my 22 upper and test it with dry firing. If the "extra power" spring is any stronger than the stock one, I couldn't tell it. Cycling it feels the same, and it is still not powerful enough to overcome the stock sear spring. I did not test it with the reduced power sear springs since I know my stock setup will already cycle with those. I also purchased the enhanced firing pin. I'm not sure when I'll be able to live fire test.
View Quote

I have some reduced power trigger lock springs that will reset the trigger but are way lighter than the stock trigger lock spring. May or may not work if this is your issue. Shoot me an IM and I will send you a few, you will have to trim their length to size though.

Over the next few months I was planning on picking up a 22 conversion kit. Hopefully you have it figured out before then.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 5:43:06 PM EDT
[#37]
The hype won me over, I modified the old carrier.... should have done this sooner, wow!

Echo Carrier 
Pull 5lbs 4oz
Release activation 11lbs 1oz

Modified Carrier
Pull 4lbs 13oz
Release activation 5lbs 13oz

Link Posted: 2/6/2017 7:56:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I have some reduced power trigger lock springs that will reset the trigger but are way lighter than the stock trigger lock spring. May or may not work if this is your issue. Shoot me an IM and I will send you a few, you will have to trim their length to size though.

Over the next few months I was planning on picking up a 22 conversion kit. Hopefully you have it figured out before then.
View Quote

Thanks. IM sent.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 9:24:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The hype won me over, I modified the old carrier.... should have done this sooner, wow!

Echo Carrier 
Pull 5lbs 4oz
Release activation 11lbs 1oz

Modified Carrier
Pull 4lbs 13oz
Release activation 5lbs 13oz

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f160/HDHNTER/IMG_20170206_165331_zpsduumxngr.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f160/HDHNTER/IMG_20170206_161917_zpsfz1ifv0c.jpg
View Quote
nice
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 11:06:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Could the echo trigger with the ares shrike?  Modded bolt carrier?
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 11:10:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Could the echo trigger with the ares shrike?  Modded bolt carrier?
View Quote
Just make sure you get the M16 bolt so you can mod it to fit.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:39:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Posted some more videos. One regular speed, one slow mo. Sorry about the poor quality. Could someone embed and make cool for me please.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eO2-ERLZHA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLL1HUQdFfA
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:43:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Posted some more videos. One regular speed, one slow mo. Sorry about the poor quality. Could someone embed and make cool for me please.

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/9/2017 5:41:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/10/2017 3:32:50 AM EDT
[#45]
Did the bolt mod and although I am happy to have my bolt carrier working with this trigger system it didn't make a positive change to the trigger pull weight. It seems to have taking away most of the take-up to engage the release shot but it may have also made the release shot stiffer to engage.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 8:54:22 AM EDT
[#46]
Interesting. I guess you don't have a gauge to check before and after weight. I'm thinking your echo carrier was already pushing the trigger lock all the way forward.

I wonder how a small bushing like dubtap makes would affect it.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 11:53:51 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Did the bolt mod and although I am happy to have my bolt carrier working with this trigger system it didn't make a positive change to the trigger pull weight. It seems to have taking away most of the take-up to engage the release shot but it may have also made the release shot stiffer to engage.
View Quote

I think you may have filed a little too much off your carrier. If you do this you end up with an echo mode that will stack up in pull weight right at the end of the trigger travel. In echo, the trigger pulls the trigger lock fully against the trigger housing right before it activates the echo release shot. The extra pull weight your feeling is the heavy ass trigger lock spring u are fighting against. A correctly trimmed carrier will hold the trigger lock completely against the trigger housing when your bcg is fully in battery but not hold the bcg out of battery. Thus you will never feel the extra pull weight because the bcg is compressing the spring fully for you.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 12:47:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Any more range info on the .22LR mods? Anyone getting close to getting it to work on a dedicated .22 LR upper?
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 5:36:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Any more range info on the .22LR mods? Anyone getting close to getting it to work on a dedicated .22 LR upper?
View Quote
I haven't had time to do any additional work on this. I believe one of the bushings similar to dubtaps would assist greatly with reducing the complications I am having. That is the next thing I will work on.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 2:22:17 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Interesting. I guess you don't have a gauge to check before and after weight. I'm thinking your echo carrier was already pushing the trigger lock all the way forward.

I wonder how a small bushing like dubtap makes would affect it.
View Quote

Yes checked weight before and after with the same result.

How would I go about getting one of these small bushings to test out?
Page / 31
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top