Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2016 12:45:38 PM EDT
is anyone using one? if so how do you like it? pros? cons? any information would be great. I'm putting together a complete Aero before the election. thanks in advance.

the upper would be goin on this lower
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 6:33:29 PM EDT
[#1]
If you like the handguard choices offered by Aero (or the BAR handguards offered by Seekins Precision) then this is an excellent upper.  Rock solid, and the fit is superb.  
It's basically as close to having monolithic upper as you can get without having to pay a monolithic upper price.  They include the barrel wrench with the upper, so installation is easy, too.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 6:56:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one and I like it.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 7:42:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I have 2 Aero builds using them. The fit is great and as RJ stated, its like having a monolithic upper without the price. The Aero handguard is a bit large though when compared to BCM kmr.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 7:56:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Do they ever go on sale?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 7:59:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do they ever go on sale?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Keep an eye on EE, you see them there from time top time.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 8:21:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Schuyler Arms used to have them in stock pretty regularly (upper and handguard combo) but I'm not sure about lately. Also check Granite Ridge
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 8:34:59 PM EDT
[#7]
During the holidays they put them on sale.  They also have blems from time to time.

I have 2 of the .308 equivalent  (M5E1) and they are good to go.

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 10:07:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have one and I like it.
View Quote

Same here.

I built my 3-Gun stick on one and I love it.  It's the most accurate AR I own
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 10:10:15 PM EDT
[#9]
I used that Aero setup up for the first AR that I built as my take on SPR. It fit great and went together almost too easy

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 10:22:13 PM EDT
[#10]
I have one. It's a rock solid setup. I'm sure that you could bridge the gap between the upper and handguard with scope rings and not have any issues, at least with a soft-recoiling 5.56mm build. My biggest complaint is that none of the companies that have compatible handguards (Aero, Seekins, Spikes, Radical, Ergo, Rainier?, Black Rain?) make one that's a smaller diameter.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 7:39:00 AM EDT
[#11]
I have one and love it.  Capable of sub moa with match ammo but I suck so it's more like 1moa  average

Link Posted: 10/22/2016 8:24:59 AM EDT
[#12]
One of the best uppers I have ever owned. The E1 system is solid.  

I have the MLOK hand guard and find it to be very comfortable.

Link Posted: 10/22/2016 9:46:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Schuyler Arms used to have them in stock pretty regularly (upper and handguard combo) but I'm not sure about lately. Also check Granite Ridge
View Quote

In stock at Granite Ridge: Aero M4E1 Upper  Looks like a good deal on it, too.  I almost fo'ed on one, but went with the standard Aero instead.  I felt that gave me more options for the as-yet-undecided handguard I'll be buying.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 10:45:46 AM EDT
[#14]
I ordered one with the handguard combo from Schuyler last week for another spr build. It was by far the cheapest around.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 11:41:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Super solid M4E1 FDE Upper in 15" with a 16" Barrel purchased as a completed upper from AP on sale for just under $400.  Only change I'm considering is replacing the barrel with an 18" GUNNER from Faxon.  But I would definitely use this barrel for a different build as it is much more accurate than I am.  The handguard has a subjectively large I.D. of 1.8", so it screems for a suppressor build or larger muzzle device tucked inside.  

Highly recommend the M4E1 Complete upper from AeroPrecision

Link Posted: 10/22/2016 11:46:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Replace the standard dust cover with one from strike industries.  It fits the upper so much better.   Look at my pic above and you can see
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 2:52:51 PM EDT
[#17]
+1 on the M4E1 uppers.   Paired it with the Gen 2 Aero lowers and fits rock solid.  Super high quality all around.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 4:47:21 PM EDT
[#18]
I've got the M4E1 in FDE with the 12" M-LOK handguard. I bought the parts separately because they were on sale, and the build process was a breeze. The built in barrel nut on the upper receiver makes it very straight forward, and your gas tube is guaranteed to line up. I like that their handguards line up so well with the upper, making it appear to be monolithic. The only con that I can think of is being limited to BAR style handguards, due to the design.

http://imgur.com/a/DqnRT
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top