Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2016 9:02:50 PM EDT
Besides the lack of bayonet lug and coming with a carry handle, is any other differences between the 6720 the 6720ch?  What was the angle for ditching the bayo lug?
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 9:09:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Besides the lack of bayonet lug and coming with a carry handle, is any other differences between the 6720 the 6720ch?  What was the angle for ditching the bayo lug?
View Quote

I think the ditched because of weight.  I don't miss it on my 6720.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 10:15:14 PM EDT
[#2]
The Colt 6720 I bought last year has a bayonet lug. When did it change?
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 11:46:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Mine had one also an I got it about 6 months ago.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 12:19:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Some states don't allow a bayo lug. That may be a reason for deleting it (because you know... a bayo is way more dangerous than a rifle round, right? )
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 9:58:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

The OP is asking, are their any other differences between the 6720CH which has no bayonet lug and comes with a carry handle, and a standard 6720.  Since you didn't buy the 6720CH, you say you bought the 6720, your rifle should have the bayonet lug.  So nothing has changed, they are different models.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 10:05:19 AM EDT
[#6]
I have one of each and other than the bayonet lug they are identical.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 10:15:04 AM EDT
[#7]
The new CH models come with the same F-Marked front sight base as the 6933, no bayo lug.  For all intents and purposes the 6720CH is a 6933 with a 16" barrel.

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 10:25:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The new CH models come with the same F-Marked front sight base as the 6933, no bayo lug.  For all intents and purposes the 6720CH is a 6933 with a 16" barrel...  
View Quote

For all intents and purposes, why isn't it just a 6720 with a different FSB and a carry handle?  The 6933 doesn't come standard with a carry handle.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 10:29:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

For all intents and purposes, why isn't it just a 6720 with a different FSB and a carry handle?  The 6933 doesn't come standard with a carry handle.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The new CH models come with the same F-Marked front sight base as the 6933, no bayo lug.  For all intents and purposes the 6720CH is a 6933 with a 16" barrel...  

It used to come with one.  The FSB on earlier 6720's with bayo lug was likely from the casting tooling used on the 6520.  In many cases it required a taller front sight post to be able to zero properly.  There's someone in the Colt Industry forum who was having issues with their rifle shooting high before the FSP was replaced.  Call it whatever you will, but they have a F marked FSB which has been standard on the 6933.  If you were to chop the barrel to 11.5" you'd have a 6933.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 8:25:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I think the ditched because of weight.  I don't miss it on my 6720.
View Quote

I wouldn't miss it either.

Quoted:
Some states don't allow a bayo lug. That may be a reason for deleting it (because you know... a bayo is way more dangerous than a rifle round, right? )
View Quote

Are there states that ban only the bayo lug and not the other "evil" features?  I always thought if the lug was a no-no the collapsible stock and flash hider would also be.

Quoted:
The new CH models come with the same F-Marked front sight base as the 6933, no bayo lug.  For all intents and purposes the 6720CH is a 6933 with a 16" barrel.
]
View Quote

Thanks, I didn't realize the ch got a "F" sight base.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 8:42:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted: same F-Marked front sight base as the 6933, no bayo lug
View Quote

Any complete 6933's come with a bayo lug?  Pictured below is an upper that shows a bayo lug?  It was stated in the description as an upper conversion kit so I am assuming factory colt.  

Picture of complete 6933, no bayo lug

Picture of 6933 upper ck, has bayo lug.

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 9:34:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Any complete 6933's come with a bayo lug?  Pictured below is an upper that shows a bayo lug?  It was stated in the description as an upper conversion kit so I am assuming factory colt.  

http://www.gandrtactical.com/PDGImages/LE6933a.jpg

http://www.gandrtactical.com/PDGImages/6933Ck_Upper.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted: same F-Marked front sight base as the 6933, no bayo lug

http://www.gandrtactical.com/PDGImages/LE6933a.jpg

http://www.gandrtactical.com/PDGImages/6933Ck_Upper.jpg

Cant say either way. Colt plays mix and match with parts a lot.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 9:35:06 PM EDT
[#13]
I bought a 6720 last week.  I live in Texas so I intentionally bought the one with the bayonet lug because I can - and it pisses off so many people who think I shouldn't.  Besides, sometimes I actually put bayonets on the carbines just so I can stand them up in the racks in the safe..
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 11:10:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Understand, its too bad they don't stay a least a little consistent on the same model numbers.  I think the upper ck kits may be worse.  I got a 6921 upper which should have came with a side sling mount but had a standard 6920 sling mount instead.  Not a big deal, but still.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 12:00:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Understand, its too bad they don't stay a least a little consistent on the same model numbers.  I think the upper ck kits may be worse.  I got a 6921 upper which should have came with a side sling mount but had a standard 6920 sling mount instead.  Not a big deal, but still.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I bought a couple side sling swivels and drilled the rivers off of the standard sling swivels on my newer Colt uppers.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top