Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/19/2016 12:51:44 AM EDT
I have been wanting to get an AR for a few months now, and since they will be banned in CA at the beginning on 2017 I figured I should get one. So, since I know very little about AR's I was just going to buy an M&P Sport 2 just to have one. Then my friend was telling me about the one that he is building, and it got me looking around the internet for a little while. I decided to make one now. So far I have only found two that I really like:

http://daytonatactical.com/collections/ar15-rifle-kits-223-5-56/products/tungsten-grey-16-kit-5-56-with-lower
and
http://daytonatactical.com/collections/ar15-rifle-kits-223-5-56/products/flat-dark-earth-fde-rifle-kit-magpul-lower-furniture-upper-assembled-with-fde-80-lower

I think they both look good, and it all the parts seem to be good quality... Especially for the price.
I plan on putting some Magpul flip up sights, bi-pod, and a black scope.

I was just curious about Daytona Tacticals reputation, and if you own one how do you like it?

Link Posted: 10/19/2016 10:29:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I have tried to order from DT.  I liked the prices on somethings I was looking for, Could not get a response to either phone or email on questions.  You are better off using either the industry partners in the tabs above or Palmetto State Armory.  PSA has good prices and reasonable shipping.   The best thing is to look for companies that will ship to your area with no hassles.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 11:58:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 4:36:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Bump. Looking for more input on these guys.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 5:50:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Not the first, first post "how is daytona tactical" thread.  Notice this was moved.  Shocked it wasn't locked.  

Link Posted: 10/19/2016 6:20:54 PM EDT
[#5]
There needs to be a sticky on DT me thinks.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 6:26:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Last year I bought an spiral fluted 18" stainless upper with floating hand guard no BCG or CH for a decent price. I added an AIM BCG and Dynacomp II and dropped on a lower and it works just fine and seems to be very accurate. I am actually trying to trade it off now in the EE with a few other rifles, not because there is anything wrong with it, but because I just don't use them. I think others have had issues with DT but I had none and would buy this upper again if I needed it.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 6:54:26 PM EDT
[#7]
It was moved, because I reported it and requested it to be. Trust me, I have been looking for a very long time online and can't find much input on them. I am not new to forums.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 11:21:03 PM EDT
[#8]
My buddy ordered a pistol kit from them recently. Took about 3 weeks for delivery. First 200 rounds fired the gas block worked its way forward making the pistol a bolt action for the day. Wouldn't recommend
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 5:27:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Bump: Still looking for more input. Hopefully someone who has a full gun from these guys. :) Thank you.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 9:15:20 PM EDT
[#10]
I purchased some 80% lowers from them. They took about a week to ship. They were a great price and better than described. I would trust them as a vendor, since I can survive without next day shipping. I cannot comment on their other rifle parts since I did not buy any. My order was great though.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top