BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 115
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 5:52:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Is anyone using the Criterion chrome moly barrel available CLE?
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 6:01:32 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Dobs013:

All you guys are killing my wallet! I tried really hard to stay out of here but couldn't do it. I haven't even finished my mod 0 yet and I have already started collecting my spare parts to put a holland together. At least I can get some use out of that vltor now....haha
View Quote
Lol - it only gets worse. I've got five different clone projects in various stages of progression...really seven, just two of them are in firing condition and have an optic mounted
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 6:57:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By CloneDiseased:
Lol - it only gets worse. I've got five different clone projects in various stages of progression...really seven, just two of them are in firing condition and have an optic mounted
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
All you guys are killing my wallet! I tried really hard to stay out of here but couldn't do it. I haven't even finished my mod 0 yet and I have already started collecting my spare parts to put a holland together. At least I can get some use out of that vltor now....haha

Yeah I'm starting to realize that...haha. My only saving grace from mk18 land is that its a PIA to sbr rifles where I am. On the plus side at least the mod 0 and mod h can share a can. I have a feeling that won't last long though...
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 7:31:16 PM EDT
[#4]

Yeah I'm starting to realize that...haha. My only saving grace from mk18 land is that its a PIA to sbr rifles where I am. On the plus side at least the mod 0 and mod h can share a can. I have a feeling that won't last long though...
View All Quotes

im glad i did the H before any others; it makes me not want a heavier longer variant. my 10.5 semi mk18 block 0 is good enough. im happy with one good clone. im not one to want 5 $3,000 rifles of the same type. the H is the latest greatest and still in use, so thats all i need :)
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 1:28:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By HaveBlue83:

im glad i did the H before any others; it makes me not want a heavier longer variant. my 10.5 semi mk18 block 0 is good enough. im happy with one good clone. im not one to want 5 $3,000 rifles of the same type. the H is the latest greatest and still in use, so thats all i need :)
View All Quotes

Well put.  Would've been my thoughts exactly but I'm to far down the clone hole.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 6:14:58 AM EDT
[#6]

View All Quotes

Yeah, I think I would have to agree with you. At this point I am kind of wishing I started with the mod h. But there is entirely too much money into the mod 0 to turn back now....although I think I gotta stop after this one.....haha
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 9:59:51 AM EDT
[#7]

Yeah, I think I would have to agree with you. At this point I am kind of wishing I started with the mod h. But there is entirely too much money into the mod 0 to turn back now....although I think I gotta stop after this one.....haha
View All Quotes

" />
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 10:13:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dobs013] [#8]
I just meant while I am living on student funds while I take advantage of my gi bill...I never said forever
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 1:29:53 PM EDT
[#9]

I just meant while I am living on student funds while I take advantage of my gi bill...I never said forever
View Quote

thats where im at. and i have 2 fun cars to support as well. they get more funds thab my rifles do. 2280lbs and 350whp wins over a pew stick most of the time lol
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 1:34:48 PM EDT
[#10]

thats where im at. and i have 2 fun cars to support as well. they get more funds thab my rifles do. 2280lbs and 350whp wins over a pew stick most of the time lol
View All Quotes

Then you have kids and when a 500hp Mustang used to be your gig a Subaru Outback is the bees knees.  Life changes fast, I'd rather you have one clone and know how to shoot the shit out of it than 5 and have to find your zero every time you go to the range, which seems to be my life these days.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 2:45:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8NAK4] [#11]
Originally Posted By chenault:

Then you have kids and when a 500hp Mustang used to be your gig a Subaru Outback is the bees knees.  Life changes fast, I'd rather you have one clone and know how to shoot the shit out of it than 5 and have to find your zero every time you go to the range, which seems to be my life these days.
View All Quotes

Then you have kids a kid and when a 500hp Mustang 110hp Triumph used to be your gig a Subaru Outback Volvo V70R is the bees knees Kitty's Titties.  Life changes fast, I'd rather you have one clone and know how to shoot the shit out of it than 5 and have to find your zero every time the one time you go to the range, which seems to be my life these days. LOL

ETA: Pic Thread
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 3:54:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Kids pretty much deprived me of really getting into the clone game.  Not enough extra dough.  Well, they're a big reason.  I guess I should be thanking them.    My big clone score lately was a 150 round box of XM855 for 56 dollars.  That was a pretty good price.  Stuff is dirty on the outside though.   Hopefully it shoots good.  I thought it was a decent price and I actually counted them and it came to 152.  It's the little things in life.......

Now if I could just afford a PRI rail, and the right glass.  I have the right barrel (the WOA one and it does shoot nice)  I could ship to ADCO and have them put the OPs collar on it.  If I could afford that too, I'd be in Holland land.  

Link Posted: 10/19/2016 6:00:38 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm with all of you guys...as if not working wasn't bad enough I have 3 kids and house. If it wasn't for the wife I wouldn't be playing with guns at all until I graduated.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 7:10:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By 8NAK4:
<a href="http://s968.photobucket.com/user/8NAK4/media/2CEE3613-A31E-4857-AD33-5E6D85B8F14B_zpsur6afrzv.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i968.photobucket.com/albums/ae163/8NAK4/2CEE3613-A31E-4857-AD33-5E6D85B8F14B_zpsur6afrzv.jpg</a>
View Quote

I like that setup, looks awesome.

Link Posted: 10/19/2016 7:26:03 PM EDT
[#15]
I love clones. All clones. My braceman lowers will be back home next week. CLONE AS FUCK!!!    And Chenault what you lack in funds you make up for in creativity. Those SBR's you did are the tits.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 9:32:48 PM EDT
[#16]

Then you have kids a kid and when a 500hp Mustang 110hp Triumph used to be your gig a Subaru Outback Volvo V70R is the bees knees Kitty's Titties.  Life changes fast, I'd rather you have one clone and know how to shoot the shit out of it than 5 and have to find your zero every time the one time you go to the range, which seems to be my life these days. LOL

<a href="http://s968.photobucket.com/user/8NAK4/media/2CEE3613-A31E-4857-AD33-5E6D85B8F14B_zpsur6afrzv.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i968.photobucket.com/albums/ae163/8NAK4/2CEE3613-A31E-4857-AD33-5E6D85B8F14B_zpsur6afrzv.jpg</a>
View All Quotes

Nice!!!
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 11:23:05 PM EDT
[#17]
lol damn guys. im early 30's and single with 2 fun cars and a clone and some rc crawlers. im lonely, and HAPPY LOL. im almost where everyone wishes they were it seems!

i have been to the range twice this week. 13rnds fired. i missed once. it is nice to have ONE clone and just know it through and through. its mine, its zeroed and its setup with 300rnds of match. that is the main reason i only want ONE SPR. i just want to grab this guy and know it. so far so good!
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 11:54:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Guess my invite got lost in the mail...
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 7:13:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By outlaw7:
Guess my invite got lost in the mail...
<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/mrwhite182/media/20160925_135850_zpszydre0ro.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v633/mrwhite182/20160925_135850_zpszydre0ro.jpg</a>
View Quote

Sweet build ! Glad you finally made it to the party. Thumbs up!
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 8:14:03 AM EDT
[#20]

lol damn guys. im early 30's and single with 2 fun cars and a clone and some rc crawlers. im lonely, and HAPPY LOL. im almost where everyone wishes they were it seems!

i have been to the range twice this week. 13rnds fired. i missed once. it is nice to have ONE clone and just know it through and through. its mine, its zeroed and its setup with 300rnds of match. that is the main reason i only want ONE SPR. i just want to grab this guy and know it. so far so good!

View Quote
This reasoning - at least the one SPR thing - makes sense to me. I'm considering more and more selling off my Mod1 so I can finish the ModH and have a single precision rig. The decision is killing me, but I really don't think I can justify two rifles that fit the same SPR bill. If I end up selling off one to finish the other, the Mod1 will likely go....ModH seems the more flexible and practical option to me.

Damn this disease!
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 8:38:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: chenault] [#21]
This reasoning - at least the one SPR thing - makes sense to me. I'm considering more and more selling off my Mod1 so I can finish the ModH and have a single precision rig. The decision is killing me, but I really don't think I can justify two rifles that fit the same SPR bill. If I end up selling off one to finish the other, the Mod1 will likely go....ModH seems the more flexible and practical option to me.

Damn this disease!
View All Quotes

Damn this disease!

Don't sell a clone to make another clone, just build it slowly, that's how clones are made. Cloning isn't practical, they are never the best parts or the cheapest, we clone for collecting and to experience a part of history.

Everyone needs to stop thinking that they have to build all their clones at once.  I've seen a trend over the last couple of years of people that have gone all in on clones then sold them a month or two later because they are in financial straits, that's crazy.  Set aside $50 every two weeks or month and build it up, it will get there and we have fun watching it come together.  My Mod 1 took me a couple of years to build, but she's the last rifle I'd sell.  My Mod H came along faster but by then I had learned how to build rifles and how to gather money then wait for deals to pop up.  It's a process, enjoy the ride.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 9:59:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Don't sell a clone to make another clone, just build it slowly, that's how clones are made. Cloning isn't practical, they are never the best parts or the cheapest, we clone for collecting and to experience a part of history.

Everyone needs to stop thinking that they have to build all their clones at once.  I've seen a trend over the last couple of years of people that have gone all in on clones then sold them a month or two later because they are in financial straits, that's crazy.  Set aside $50 every two weeks or month and build it up, it will get there and we have fun watching it come together.  My Mod 1 took me a couple of years to build, but she's the last rifle I'd sell.  My Mod H came along faster but by then I had learned how to build rifles and how to gather money then wait for deals to pop up.  It's a process, enjoy the ride.
View Quote

Great advice right there.  I was going to just stick with the Mod H but my wife asked me what happened to her favorite gun (the Mod 0) so I told her it turned into the H.  She was kinda bummed.  I still had the barrel, scope and A1 stock so I told her I'll build it up again and now it's the Mod 1.  In a way I just have one SPR since the Mod 1 is claimed by her
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 12:39:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By prskiller:

Great advice right there.  I was going to just stick with the Mod H but my wife asked me what happened to her favorite gun (the Mod 0) so I told her it turned into the H.  She was kinda bummed.  I still had the barrel, scope and A1 stock so I told her I'll build it up again and now it's the Mod 1.  In a way I just have one SPR since the Mod 1 is claimed by her
View All Quotes

Smart woman.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 12:43:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8NAK4] [#24]
Cloning is slow, painful, and expensive, but I can't see selling one to build one. I've been tempted in the past, but I never followed through (thankfully). I build them as a collection, a functional collection, but a collection nonetheless.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 1:51:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By JJREA:

Smart woman.
View All Quotes

Smart woman.

I'll never sell mine.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 2:02:01 PM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

Damn this disease!

This... CloneDis, I was a little disappointed when I saw that WMX pop up in the EE. You have a fine example of a CQBR and are working on a great collection of them. Keep the family together sir.... and I mean the gun family
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 2:03:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Samson-Dogg:
I'll never sell mine.
View Quote

You mean " I'll never sell mines"
Don't you have a shit load being built??
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 2:10:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chenault] [#28]

View All Quotes
I'll never sell mine.

Nope, when you have as many as he does it becomes one huge badass pile.

Putting the MOD-H back together this weekend, got the new barrel for the barrel comparison thing I'm doing; hope to have some new pics up.  Till then enjoy some retro Chenault Mod-H 2014 photos.

Obviously there have been changes since then, but the memories are still good ones.  

" />

" />
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 3:52:05 PM EDT
[#29]
How it started 2 years ago...

And now...

Pretty sure only the barrel, tube, mrds, are from the original form.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 4:34:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Samson-Dogg] [#30]

View All Quotes
I'll never sell mine.

All 4 mk12's,SAM-R,SDM-R,MK18,CQBR. All the uppers are done and i have all the stocks,grips and lower parts. my lowers ship back from braceman tomorrow. i sent him 13. ill need to finish out the 80% recievers and have them anodized before everything will be completely done. i expect the AEM5's any day. the m110 has been finished but the m110 can and my NT4 can god knows when ill see those. form 4's were not done until late june on those two.im doing an m110 in 5.56 clone that braceman cooked up something special for the lower. also working on a block 1 with a kac fsgb and carbine urx ii that i think will be pretty cool. by the way compass lake charges 25.00 to do the flats for the wheeled front sight.i sent them 3 uppers to do but all in seperate boxes. i got worried about something being lost in the mail and i would have a heart attack if i lost all those gas blocks and rails at the same time.ive always been impressed with CLE's work. they did my SDM-R barrel and it looked very good. i actually ended up with two SDM-R's just by chance.</a>" />
</a>" />
</a>" />
</a>" />
</a>" />
SDM-R's
" />
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 5:15:08 PM EDT
[#31]

All 4 mk12's,SAM-R,SDM-R,MK18,CQBR. All the uppers are done and i have all the stocks,grips and lower parts. my lowers ship back from braceman tomorrow. i sent him 13. ill need to finish out the 80% recievers and have them anodized before everything will be completely done. i expect the AEM5's any day. the m110 has been finished but the m110 can and my NT4 can god knows when ill see those. form 4's were not done until late june on those two.im doing an m110 in 5.56 clone that braceman cooked up something special for the lower. also working on a block 1 with a kac fsgb and carbine urx ii that i think will be pretty cool. by the way compass lake charges 25.00 to do the flats for the wheeled front sight.i sent them 3 uppers to do but all in seperate boxes. i got worried about something being lost in the mail and i would have a heart attack if i lost all those gas blocks and rails at the same time.ive always been impressed with CLE's work. they did my SDM-R barrel and it looked very good. i actually ended up with two SDM-R's just by chance.http://<a href=http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag406/Kseevers1127/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpspplfwivx.jpeg</a>" />
http://<a href=http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag406/Kseevers1127/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsmgkh6vly.jpeg</a>" />
http://<a href=http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag406/Kseevers1127/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsglfvifl5.jpeg</a>" />
http://<a href=http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag406/Kseevers1127/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_2375_zpspuqhx3ct.jpg</a>" />
http://<a href=http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag406/Kseevers1127/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_2374_zpskri6jlyd.jpg</a>" />
SDM-R's
http://<a href=http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag406/Kseevers1127/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_2367_zps3sk3dyce.jpg</a>" />
View All Quotes
I'll never sell mine.

All 4 mk12's,SAM-R,SDM-R,MK18,CQBR. All the uppers are done and i have all the stocks,grips and lower parts. my lowers ship back from braceman tomorrow. i sent him 13. ill need to finish out the 80% recievers and have them anodized before everything will be completely done. i expect the AEM5's any day. the m110 has been finished but the m110 can and my NT4 can god knows when ill see those. form 4's were not done until late june on those two.im doing an m110 in 5.56 clone that braceman cooked up something special for the lower. also working on a block 1 with a kac fsgb and carbine urx ii that i think will be pretty cool. by the way compass lake charges 25.00 to do the flats for the wheeled front sight.i sent them 3 uppers to do but all in seperate boxes. i got worried about something being lost in the mail and i would have a heart attack if i lost all those gas blocks and rails at the same time.ive always been impressed with CLE's work. they did my SDM-R barrel and it looked very good. i actually ended up with two SDM-R's just by chance.http://<a href=http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag406/Kseevers1127/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpspplfwivx.jpeg</a>" />
http://<a href=http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag406/Kseevers1127/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsmgkh6vly.jpeg</a>" />
http://<a href=http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag406/Kseevers1127/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsglfvifl5.jpeg</a>" />
http://<a href=http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag406/Kseevers1127/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_2375_zpspuqhx3ct.jpg</a>" />
http://<a href=http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag406/Kseevers1127/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_2374_zpskri6jlyd.jpg</a>" />
SDM-R's
http://<a href=http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag406/Kseevers1127/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_2367_zps3sk3dyce.jpg</a>" />

It is a pleasure to know you and your museum sir.  
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 5:47:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#32]
did some paper today. i wanted to see colt bore on bipod only. i had added in 1moa wind so the first 3 are left. POA was center of torso circle. cold bore looks like its favoring left this season. that and i suck lol.

second set is on bags, POA was the head of the target. so that 1-1.5moa standard is not acceptable in my eyes. this is just under 3/4 but i didnt caliper it.

Link Posted: 10/20/2016 7:19:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JJREA] [#33]
Originally Posted By Zakk101abn:
Word, lemme know how the buttpad works out.  
View All Quotes
Ok, you little bastards won me over, I put a wanted ad up for an ACE (AKA the crutch, see pic below), if that doesn't pan out I'll go ACS. Daddy needs one, and what Daddy needs, Daddy gets.  

http://<a href=http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d23/pcrunnels/307_small_Adult_Elbow_Crutch__7760p_zpsplmtsnpm.jpg</a>" />

Lol.

Fuck ACE's. CAR or bust... I paid $7.95 for mine.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e21/zakk101abn/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpszgoaac2z.jpeg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e21/zakk101abn/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_8183_zpsatcdgfec.jpg

Werd.  I like things cheap.  

My next precision shooting range session I'm gonna try the CAR.  But I may throw the rubber buttpad on there.  Seems like it transforms it and gives it more real estate for a rear bag.  And doesn't dig into the shoulder as much.  Although now that it's getting colder out, that's not that big of a deal.
Word, lemme know how the buttpad works out.  

I used the CAR on my M4gery today and I benched it with some glass.  But I didn't actually use the rubber buttpad.  I didn't really feel like I needed to.  It probably would give a bit more real estate to work with, but it worked just fine without it.  Please excuse my Non H kosher pic but I'm just showing the set up I used with the CAR stock.  Now, I'm not sure how good it would be with just a bipod and using your left arm to hold it up, but it's got that little bit of flat spot on there that makes it nice.  

Oh yeah, it did collapse on my one time while I was getting it situated.  But just once and I just had to move it a bit and reseat it.  I kind of go from hot to cold about the CAR.  But I think overall it's the best stock for the money......  I think I paid 20 bucks for mine.  

Link Posted: 10/20/2016 8:48:34 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

Now THIS I can get behind!!
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 7:22:05 AM EDT
[#35]
Hey guys, is anyone running a bison armory barrel on their mod h? If you are what do you think about it? I am contemplating between that and dropping the coin on the Douglas from pri.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 9:16:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: chenault] [#36]
Hey guys, is anyone running a bison armory barrel on their mod h? If you are what do you think about it? I am contemplating between that and dropping the coin on the Douglas from pri.
View Quote

I've owned a couple of Bison Armory barrels, still own an 18" barrel.  They are a company that kind of seems to fly under the radar for the reason that they don't advertise, nor do they put out large volume of barrels on sale prices.  In fact, last year I called around Christmas time to see if they were going to run any sales, the response was a kind chuckle and the response "no, we don't need the money that bad".  He wasn't arrogant or rude about it, he was just implying that they make barrels because they like making barrels and are not trying to get rich doing it, and I respect that.  

Personally, I think they are the best bang for the buck out there, I'll likely order a 6.8 barrel from them next year.  Douglass is also a fantastic barrel, but I'm not sure you would see much performance difference between the two; I say that as someone who runs a Douglass on my Mod-H, and that's not a shot against Douglass, but a compliment to Bison.

On a side note, if you are going to buy a Douglass I would give High Caliber Sales a call.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 9:41:24 AM EDT
[#37]

I've owned a couple of Bison Armory barrels, still own an 18" barrel.  They are a company that kind of seems to fly under the radar for the reason that they don't advertise, nor do they put out large volume of barrels on sale prices.  In fact, last year I called around Christmas time to see if they were going to run any sales, the response was a kind chuckle and the response "no, we don't need the money that bad".  He wasn't arrogant or rude about it, he was just implying that they make barrels because they like making barrels and are not trying to get rich doing it, and I respect that.  

Personally, I think they are the best bang for the buck out there, I'll likely order a 6.8 barrel from them next year.  Douglass is also a fantastic barrel, but I'm not sure you would see much performance difference between the two; I say that as someone who runs a Douglass on my Mod-H, and that's not a shot against Douglass, but a compliment to Bison.

On a side note, if you are going to buy a Douglass I would give High Caliber Sales a call.
View All Quotes

Yeah I liked everything I saw with bison armory. I could get a bead blasted barrel with a pinned gas block for $300. I ordered the Douglas for my mod 0 from Kevin at HCS and it is a great barrel and he was awesome to deal with. Just wanted to see if there was a little cheaper alternative out there. I think I'm gonna give the bison armory a try.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 11:54:07 AM EDT
[#38]

Yeah I liked everything I saw with bison armory. I could get a bead blasted barrel with a pinned gas block for $300. I ordered the Douglas for my mod 0 from Kevin at HCS and it is a great barrel and he was awesome to deal with. Just wanted to see if there was a little cheaper alternative out there. I think I'm gonna give the bison armory a try.

View All Quotes

id say the woa ba and bison all fit into tho "affordable sub moa bin" and the pri and douglas are in the "if you have the scratch" bin. i wish woa had the H in stock. IF i were to do the H again with whats available now, id do a BA hheavier profile first, then maybe a PRI.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:35:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Neat thread.  Didn't know the "Holland" was a thing.

Surprised to see ACE collapsible stocks.  Hands down the worst stock I've ever owned in 15 years.  Sold mine to somebody else who thought it looked cool.  Ill-designed and doesn't do anything well at all.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 3:18:26 PM EDT
[#40]
So I just grabbed a new old stock gen 1 ace socom off gunbroker, it was being listed by doublestar. So it may be worth sending them an email for those that are looking. It was a rifle length but it was a new gen 1 and wasn't obsurdly priced either.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 3:28:45 PM EDT
[#41]

id say the woa ba and bison all fit into tho "affordable sub moa bin" and the pri and douglas are in the "if you have the scratch" bin. i wish woa had the H in stock. IF i were to do the H again with whats available now, id do a BA hheavier profile first, then maybe a PRI.
View All Quotes

I used Ballistic Advantage for both my mod 1 and mod H. I haven't shot the H yet but so far the Mod 1 shoots really well with just cheap 55 gr Walmart ammo. I've got some match 69gr on the way and am hoping to stretch both guns out soon!
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 3:37:01 PM EDT
[#42]
So I just grabbed a new old stock gen 1 ace socom off gunbroker, it was being listed by doublestar. So it may be worth sending them an email for those that are looking. It was a rifle length but it was a new gen 1 and wasn't obsurdly priced either.
View Quote

I only see the Gen 3 stocks.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 3:45:27 PM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

http://www.gunbroker.com/Item/591558821
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 4:38:25 PM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes

Good find!

Sorry I should have said I only see Gen 3 stocks left.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 4:42:03 PM EDT
[#45]

Good find!

View All Quotes

Good find!

No worries...I forgot what I searched when I found it but it was like M4 socom or something. It was hidden. I had my eyes glued to that thing for three days incase I got competition....haha
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 4:45:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stukas87] [#46]
Having been in the unit (5th SFG) when the SPR (MK12 came out.)
The history overview on page 1 is correct
I never heard of that set up being called the Holland. But I can understand the name.
And Ace stocks were popular at the time because of the different lengths you could buy for your Post ban AR's.
Now Steve was instrumental in the development SPR, it was really a 5th SFG initiative.
He and a few other 5th SFG guys really developed it.
Only reason it has a MK12 name (Navy) is our connection to Crane for all our small arms.
SF side of the house its really a SPR Special Purpose Rifle
I remember shooting 5 early prototypes he brought out to the range in circa 1999.
Now It was very common to shit can the full length A2 butt stock put a collapsible on it.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 6:24:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JJREA] [#47]
Thanks for the History Lesson Stukas87!!!!!   I'm sure everyone appreciates the real deal perspective and info!  I remember reading about the "SPR" in Soldier of Fortune Magazine around that time.  Maybe a little bit after that.  And I was all oogling. I should probably try and dig that issue up.  I got too many in a pile in my basement.  Actually I can't remember if I actually bought that issue.  Anyways.  I remember it had the ARMS rails on it, the one pictured.  The one that attaches to the top of the receiver.

I think that one had an ACE stock too.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 2:29:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Davey_Sickboy] [#48]
Originally Posted By minion42:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By minion42:

I think it's nice to have A BUNCH of clones and know them through and through. I built all of mine piece by piece over time, they are all zeroed and all have loads specifically developed for each of them, through 1000's of rounds being fired, chrono'd, documented ect. It's nice to have variety lol. Don't get me wrong, the Holland is great for most situations....but a bunch of guns is better for every situation lol
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 2:33:14 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Stukas87:
Having been in the unit (5th SFG) when the SPR (MK12 came out.)
The history overview on page 1 is correct
I never heard of that set up being called the Holland. But I can understand the name.
And Ace stocks were popular at the time because of the different lengths you could buy for your Post ban AR's.
Now Steve was instrumental in the development SPR, it was really a 5th SFG initiative.
He and a few other 5th SFG guys really developed it.
Only reason it has a MK12 name (Navy) is our connection to Crane for all our small arms.
SF side of the house its really a SPR Special Purpose Rifle
I remember shooting 5 early prototypes he brought out to the range in circa 1999.
Now It was very common to shit can the full length A2 butt stock put a collapsible on it.
View Quote

Awesome!  Thanks for sharing
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 12:13:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#50]

Page / 115
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top