Yep KHSC is awful!

Debating on a clone-isa build.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 11:01:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 8NAK4:
That's my boy boy, Blue!!

Ahh, shit! Page ownership!

http://i968.photobucket.com/albums/ae163/8NAK4/676B50B8-CD90-40AC-81ED-7EEC453061C8_zps28zoo3bl.jpg
View Quote
I love how each holland is so unique, which I think actually in some ways is more appropriate, within limits.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 11:03:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Received a care package today containing several of the upper bits for my next Holland build. Just waiting to receive my Grendel bolt from the group buy and figure out an adjustable gas block that I'm certain I can access under the PRi handguard. (Hey, I never do anything exact. )   No tools or vise to put it together with since they're all in storage post fire, though.   Here's the glass and mount that's going on it.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 7:50:00 AM EDT
[#5]
What range is this sir?
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 3:23:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Muggs13:
What range is this sir?
View Quote
oh i guess u meant me lol. 

the 1k range is the original pa 1000 yd benchrest club. the 1-600yd one is consolidated sportsmans of  lycoming county. both are very nice. 
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 6:49:13 PM EDT
[#7]
i know some folks have done a Mod-H in 6.5 grendel, what is the preferred barrel for these?
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 7:44:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By drago6:
i know some folks have done a Mod-H in 6.5 grendel, what is the preferred barrel for these?
View Quote
this is a 5.56 rifle tho. im just keepin it 100. 
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 8:21:37 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote
6.5 Holland seems like a lot of hassle. The barrel would have to be cut for the collar and the suppressor would have to be opened up.  Plus it's not clone correct

In all seriousness, I have no problem hitting an 8" plate at 600 meters with mine and Blue seems to do well out to 1000.  If I'm going really long distance, which I don't really have access to, I have a Creedmoor, the real 6.5.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 8:37:05 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote
I found a great deal on a 18" Lilja and had it cut and profiled for the ops by ADCO.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 8:48:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 9:13:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Mblades:

I found a great deal on a 18" Lilja and had it cut and profiled for the ops by ADCO.
View Quote
I cheaped out and bought a BCA 16 M4 and will have the step moved back.

5.56 is fine for fighting and paper punching, but I like more available energy for hunting.  Though I don't discredit 5.56 in the role.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 1:59:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mblades] [#13]
Originally Posted By Hunterex:

I cheaped out and bought a BCA 16 M4 and will have the step moved back.

5.56 is fine for fighting and paper punching, but I like more available energy for hunting.  Though I don't discredit 5.56 in the role.
View Quote
I haven't hunted with the 6.5 but I think it's a better choice than 5.56 and hopefully I'll be able to take a deer and pronghorn with it eventually. My range has small steel plates and a lot of wind, the 5.56 really starts to show its limitations in this environment. Reloading cost are only slightly higher with the 6.5g so for me there is no reason not to.  As far as being clone correct, I've been down that path before and if I was able to find PRI mod 0 bring back upper in today's clone market I wouldn't want to spend the $10k it would probably sell for.

Link Posted: 5/23/2017 9:45:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Man I miss that Holland...
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 10:39:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Mblades:

I haven't hunted with the 6.5 but I think it's a better choice than 5.56 and hopefully I'll be able to take a deer and pronghorn with it eventually. My range has small steel plates and a lot of wind, the 5.56 really starts to show its limitations in this environment. Reloading cost are only slightly higher with the 6.5g so for me there is no reason not to.  As far as being clone correct, I've been down that path before and if I was able to find PRI mod 0 bring back upper in today's clone market I wouldn't want to spend the $10k it would probably sell for.

http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww232/Kyle_OA/Mobile%20Uploads/7C8BA990-542B-4FD8-BFA3-34816DE50448_zpssegrgdog.jpg
View Quote
Agreed all the way. What bolt did you use?
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 11:40:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Hunterex:

Agreed all the way. What bolt did you use?
View Quote
I bought one of the Maximum Firearms bolts Lilja recommends.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 2:20:37 PM EDT
[#17]
that NF looks purdy up there
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 11:47:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: rbgonoles] [#18]

Link Posted: 5/28/2017 1:17:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 2:11:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Really nice!! Well done!! Other than the atlas that's one of my favorite looks
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 2:47:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Thanks! The BA barrel specials and PRI having 15% off makes me want to do another!
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 4:16:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By rbgonoles:
Thanks! The BA barrel specials and PRI having 15% off makes me want to do another!
View Quote
Yea me too, I've had to practice a lot of self control.  I think when my barrel goes tits up I'm going to get a bison armory one
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 8:25:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Looks good, now shake those rattle cans and get to spraying!!!
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 10:18:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: blkrmycs] [#24]
" />   Recce rail mounted and scope re-zeroed, Mod H good to go.  " />
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 2:25:26 PM EDT
[#25]
hoping to get this out to the range soon, need to zero the glass and test some reloads.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 10:52:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Trying out the magpul hand stop. Not really a fan. Not enough room for
Your hand with the bipod in the way

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 11:01:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Wichert187:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/434238/image-220236.JPG
View Quote
I have mine for when I shoot with the bipod off.  If I'm shooting with the bipod I throw down a leg and use that
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 8:15:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By chenault:
I have mine for when I shoot with the bipod off.  If I'm shooting with the bipod I throw down a leg and use that
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By chenault:
Originally Posted By Wichert187:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/434238/image-220236.JPG
Yea you're right it does feel great without the bipod. I'm gonna run it awhile and see if it grows on me. I just wish the bottom
Rail was like 1-2 inches longer. (That's what she said haha)
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 4:08:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#29]
i love my hand stop for off bipod shots. it also allows me to use a bag and shoot prone because its small. mine is never coming off. i run my front slig loop in front of it so i have a repeatable reference point and anti-slip point. bipod goes in front of the sling loop with clearane for my finger. last time i was out shooting with no bipod off my bag. 

heres a pic:

Link Posted: 6/1/2017 6:03:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Need to stay out of this thread. Don't even have the minor details of my Mod1 worked out and the H is pulling me in.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 6:26:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By revottuneda4:
Need to stay out of this thread. Don't even have the minor details of my Mod1 worked out and the H is pulling me in.
View Quote
To late now, just do it
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 7:09:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By prskiller:

To late now, just do it
View Quote
Have to let the gun fund recuperate
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 7:35:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Pri parts an my cerro fde upper coming tomorrow! Too bad my barrel is on b/o, and its the LAST part i need for my holland
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 10:11:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Hello, not new to the clone game. Done a Mk12 Mod 1, Mk18/CQBR, M4A1 SOPMOD and just started on the Mod H, procured about 85% of the parts. Have couple questions, appreciate it if anyone can help clarify.

Which gas block is used, is it the PRI low profile or the Badger (Mk12)?
The safety selector, is the Colt ambi (short lever) kosher?
What about the A1 grip?
As for optics...is the NF 2-10x24 now acceptable? Lol
I have the Bushnell SMRS 1-8.5x probably be using it.

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 11:57:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By DTapping-Zombies:
Hello, not new to the clone game. Done a Mk12 Mod 1, Mk18/CQBR, M4A1 SOPMOD and just started on the Mod H, procured about 85% of the parts. Have couple questions, appreciate it if anyone can help clarify.

Which gas block is used, is it the PRI low profile or the Badger (Mk12)?
The safety selector, is the Colt ambi (short lever) kosher?
What about the A1 grip?
As for optics...is the NF 2-10x24 now acceptable? Lol
I have the Bushnell SMRS 1-8.5x probably be using it.

Thanks
View Quote
Badger and dd mk 12 gas blocks would be correct but you could use any low pro block and nobody would
Ever know. And most are virtually identical anyways

Colt short lever I don't believe was ever issued. But I wouldn't hesitate to run it. And I would say yes
On the nightforce. I believe we've seen a pic with a 24 . Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 12:02:13 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By HaveBlue83:
i love my hand stop for off bipod shots. it also allows me to use a bag and shoot prone because its small. mine is never coming off. i run my front slig loop in front of it so i have a repeatable reference point and anti-slip point. bipod goes in front of the sling loop with clearane for my finger. last time i was out shooting with no bipod off my bag. 

heres a pic:

https://s29.postimg.org/5x3lqfgfb/20170601_160644.jpg
View Quote
With the grip stop up towards the end of the rifle so far is it still useable with the bipod on?
You run an atlas right? You probably have more room up front than I do with Harris and arms #32
Basically my only issue is my pod lock kinda being in the way. And I have my grip stop at the back end of the rail
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 8:36:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Wichert187... thanks
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 10:20:03 AM EDT
[#38]
pri lpgb is correct.....run an adjustable tho if u like proper gassing. 

NEVER seen any NF on an H ever. people keep wanting it but no pic = no good. 
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 10:25:44 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By HaveBlue83:
pri lpgb is correct.....run an adjustable tho if u like proper gassing. 

NEVER seen any NF on an H ever. people keep wanting it but no pic = no good. 
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 10:38:50 AM EDT
[#40]
View Quote
People typically discount that photo because of the A2 lower.

However, we've had plenty of discussions with guys in 5th that the NF x24s were used on them. I have pictures of the model and it's even marked "army-spec" on the bottom vs the "nav-spec" and "recon-spec" the ones the SEALs have. They're definitely correct. But has to be the x24 model, not x32s were ever used on them.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 12:00:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:

However, we've had plenty of discussions with guys in 5th that the NF x24s were used on them. I have pictures of the model and it's even marked "army-spec" on the bottom vs the "nav-spec" and "recon-spec" the ones the SEALs have. They're definitely correct. But has to be the x24 model, not x32s were ever used on them.
View Quote
I still think that's a holland.  Knowing the durability issues of the ace it wouldn't surprise me at all to see someone throw a holland upper on another lower.  As far as the nightforce I'm sure it has been used.  Keep in mind the number of photos we have is actually pretty small
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 1:32:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Thabk you all. Question for HaveBlue...I've seen on your other thread about the SLR gas block. Can you please explain what you mean by the modification you did to the rail screw? Maybe pics to show?

Appreciate it all
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 1:49:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mblades] [#43]
If you look back through the Mk12 thread Glass1 (who broke the holland story) said the x24 was in use.

Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:

View Quote
I was trying to work a trade, my Mk6 3-18x for the army-spec x24 on the EE but it looks like he got more than his asking price on eBay.  From my understanding the only difference between the three "military" models is the Navy scopes are 1/2MOA and the Army is 1MOA elevation adjustment.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 4:31:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#44]
View Quote
oh mylanta not this again. this is the pic we removed from page 1 because its a bastard gun. its a holland upper (we assume) on some m4 lower. its a nothing. u could clone it but its not what this thread embodies. its a pure recce now. 

ps: STOP WANTING A NF SO BAD. lol. i shoot my holland to 1000yds with a $620 used nf. its a good optic. everyone chill on forcing the nf lol. if 5th has nf on app their stuff, tell nik to take pics of it. then we have proof. then its fine.

-yes the atlas bipod gives me lots of room at 1 notch back from the front. ditch your harris! they are icky once u fondle atlas.

-my adjustable gas block was touching my top rail screws and the metal pieces inside. i shortened the screws to be flush with the metal tabs and i milled off the top of the gas block a bit. id assume anything but a pri block could need massaging. idc tho. i got tools for that custom stuffs 

-Glass1........LOLOLOLOL 
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 5:09:40 PM EDT
[#45]
I have the pics in my possession. I'm not allowed to share them online. I shared a low resolution copy of the one with the Bushnell on it and people had it reposted all over other threads by the end of the day. Not to mention the army-spec model that got posted on the EE a few months back literally came from 5th … from a Holland lol.

This is quite possibly the dumbest discussion on the internet today. Your 24s are kosher. Run them well.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 5:14:33 PM EDT
[#46]
feels like the original Mk12 lounge in here today. 

i cant believe we just got the OPSEC answer, yet nik sends us fresh pics of his setup twice a year *lol*
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 5:18:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 5:43:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chenault] [#48]
I was going to post a smart ass reply but I'll let sleeping dogs lie.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 7:29:15 PM EDT
[#49]
i called up Doublestar and spoke to one of their techs to find out if a Gen 2/3 tube will work with a Gen 1 butt stock, turns out it wont -_-

so if anyone has a Gen 1 tube they feel like selling let me know!
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 7:40:59 PM EDT
[#50]
For those of you installing the long bottom rail on the pri tube, did you take the heat shield out for the bigger screw mount? Or just smash it and make it work?
Page / 115
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top