Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 115
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 12:21:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote
What scope is this? This rifle is really appealing to me.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 10:31:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By medic343:

I wanted to build a mod 1 but the scarcity and price tag on the parts turned me off of it.
View Quote
I would say the Mod 1 is the easiest to find parts for. The KAC rails will be back soon and beyond that, everything is still pretty attainable, maybe besides the scope.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 10:31:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Chincy:

What scope is this? This rifle is really appealing to me.
View Quote
Bushnell SMRS 1-8.5x
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 11:40:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: medic343] [#4]
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:
I would say the Mod 1 is the easiest to find parts for. The KAC rails will be back soon and beyond that, everything is still pretty attainable, maybe besides the scope.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:

I wanted to build a mod 1 but the scarcity and price tag on the parts turned me off of it.
All the kac rails ive been able to find are $600 or more.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 11:47:33 AM EDT
[#5]

All the kak rails ive been able to find are $600 or more.
View Quote
There have been one, maybe two, that have sold in the EE in the last 10 days for under $400.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 11:49:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Engineer5:

There have been one, maybe two, that have sold in the EE in the last 10 days for under $400.
View Quote
Cloning is all about patience if you want to save money and get the correct parts.  Kac will do a run of these rails and the price will come down
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 12:07:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: medic343] [#7]
Originally Posted By chenault:

Cloning is all about patience if you want to save money and get the correct parts.  Kac will do a run of these rails and the price will come down
View Quote
Don't tell me that, im gonna end up building the Mod 1 and Holland at the same time.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 12:31:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Don't tell me that, im gonna end up building the Mod 1 and Holland at the same time.
View Quote
Really, the Holland is the easiest to find parts for since there are so many variations.  The ACE stock is the hardest to find but there are other stocks that can be used instead.  

Being on the lookout for deals for a couple of builds at once isn't a bad plan.  It's taken me several years to get my holland to where it is now.  The process has been an evolving one since my funds are limited
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 12:34:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Really, the Holland is the easiest to find parts for since there are so many variations.  The ACE stock is the hardest to find but there are other stocks that can be used instead.  

Being on the lookout for deals for a couple of builds at once isn't a bad plan.  It's taken me several years to get my holland to where it is now.  The process has been an evolving one since my funds are limited
View Quote
I've been torn between using the sopmod or ACE stock. For the scope mount i was gonna use the recce rail with rings, beyond that I'm not sure what scope i want or any of that. A lot of tough decisions.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 1:35:21 PM EDT
[#10]

All the kac rails ive been able to find are $600 or more.
View Quote
They'll be back. KAC will do another run of the rifle length ones. High Caliber Sales got some just a month or so ago
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 6:30:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Chenault, which bushnell scope were you looking for from that pic again?
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 6:45:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chenault] [#12]
Originally Posted By aaron580:
Chenault, which bushnell scope were you looking for from that pic again?
View Quote
Bushnell elite 1-8.5 34mm
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 7:17:18 PM EDT
[#13]

Bushnell elite 1-8.5 34mm
View Quote
Crap. Thought i found the right one but its a 1-6. Rawr.

Working to finish a block ii clone then ill finish the holland which a handguard....
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 10:06:23 PM EDT
[#14]
I just got a NF F1 for another rifle but wanted to put it in a KAC mount and set the eye relief for an AR-15 even though it will probably find a home on my SR-25.  I mocked it up on the Mod H and it's pretty sweet.

Link Posted: 5/2/2017 10:31:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Mblades:
I just got a NF F1 for another rifle but wanted to put it in a KAC mount and set the eye relief for an AR-15 even though it will probably find a home on my SR-25.  I mocked it up on the Mod H and it's pretty sweet.

http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww232/Kyle_OA/ModHfn01_zpsfxicygjj.jpeg
View Quote
The F1 is an amazing scope. It's meant to be on the Mod 1 imo.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 12:46:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By K_weez:

The F1 is an amazing scope. It's meant to be on the Mod 1 imo.
View Quote
I'm excited to see how it does going head to head with my Mk6 3-18x.  I think the Mod-H will keep the Leopold 3.5-10x for the foreseeable future, I just wanted to get the eye relief set right so I can swap it from the SR-25 to an AR-15 here and there to test loads, plus there is an outside chance it will end up on my recce if it doesn't beat out the Leopold for the SR-25 spot.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 10:16:26 PM EDT
[#17]
It may be a cobbled together mutt, but godamn if the Holland isn't a sexy ass rifle. Just sayin...

iPotato Pic:
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 10:48:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By 8NAK4:
It may be a cobbled together mutt, but godamn if the Holland isn't a sexy ass rifle. Just sayin...

iPotato Pic:
http://i968.photobucket.com/albums/ae163/8NAK4/889A3482-AAE2-4351-8FD5-0CC499D622E9_zpsgk3pisxq.jpg
View Quote
shit. I need to rock the suppressor-less life. that looks yes
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 11:56:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By HaveBlue83:

View Quote
What you just said is nonsense---but yea, that rifle was my background for a time and I know what you mean
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 12:27:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Borrowed the Mod 1 lower as I'm waiting on a lock ring nut for the H lower.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 4:44:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By prskiller:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/356129/Hcop-202478.JPG
View Quote
YES. 
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 6:57:52 PM EDT
[#22]

YES. 
View Quote
HB approved!

Went shooting today and this was the first time I used the Atlas bipod.  One thing I noticed is that I get more scope sway using the Atlas as compared to the Harris.  Not sure if this is normal or not and maybe it just takes some getting used to but it was a big difference between last shooting session (Harris) and today (Atlas).  I do like the fact I can preload the legs on the Atlas.  When I went from the H to the Mod 1 I caught myself trying to preload the Harris and I always try to push up on the Atlas legs when putting them away.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 4:45:44 PM EDT
[#23]
tighten the nut on the atlas. 

i guess imma head out and do some wind shooting today to 600. i got nuthin going on :)
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 10:29:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Posted this in the Mk12 thread.

Hhhh by Kyle Plante, on Flickr
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 9:19:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: chenault] [#25]
Originally Posted By plante74:
Posted this in the Mk12 thread.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4177/34414726801_c35f098c8c_b.jpgHhhh by Kyle Plante, on Flickr
View Quote
Awesome pic, I don't think I've seen that one before.  Different bipod and riser than I've seen before
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 10:43:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By prskiller:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/356129/Hcop-202478.JPG
View Quote
Like^

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 6:48:54 PM EDT
[#27]

i guess imma head out and do some wind shooting today to 600. i got nuthin going on :)
View All Quotes

Just checked and the nut was on the loose side.  Thx

Yours as well, awesome!
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 8:54:28 PM EDT
[#28]
RollmarkedA1MasterRace

Link Posted: 5/14/2017 12:27:43 PM EDT
[#29]
i currently have 2 Gen 1 ACE socom stocks, ive heard talk about the buffer tube adjustments scallops being a weak point of the system...can i use the Gen 1 buttstock on a newer gen buffer tube to eliminate this or am i stuck with Gen 1 tube?
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 4:06:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By drago6:
i currently have 2 Gen 1 ACE socom stocks, ive heard talk about the buffer tube adjustments scallops being a weak point of the system...can i use the Gen 1 buttstock on a newer gen buffer tube to eliminate this or am i stuck with Gen 1 tube?
View Quote
Feel free to sell me your extra stock
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 9:10:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#31]
Originally Posted By drago6:
View Quote
remove the adjuster bolt, cut a shell casing to the length of the spring when compressed OR use a pull type spring and cut coils off till it fits correctly, and install in place. then put on whatever scallop you want and lock it down. now its fixed and it wont ever wear the fragile dividers. 

mines been like that for awhile. its rock solid
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 9:40:35 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:
The H is newer, something like a TAB Gear, VTAC, Vickers, etc would pretty well be correct I'd think. I'm trying to think when 3 points really fell out of favor.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Samson-Dogg:
Is there a kosher sling for the 16" mod 0 other than the TAS-1 UMSS? I was able to round up 4 of those but was really hoping there was something else acceptable.
The H is newer, something like a TAB Gear, VTAC, Vickers, etc would pretty well be correct I'd think. I'm trying to think when 3 points really fell out of favor.
Were 3-points ever in favor?
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 12:48:35 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By KILLERB6:

View Quote
The PX Rangers seemed to love them.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 10:31:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#34]
I basically live here. 600yds is starting to get boring unless its real windy. 16min with a 1.5mil right hold for 600yds today :)

Link Posted: 5/17/2017 10:38:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KILLERB6:

We were issued them in 2005 @ infantry school, that was the school of thought at the time.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 1:46:29 AM EDT
[#36]

We were issued them in 2005 @ infantry school, that was the school of thought at the time.
View Quote
Marines gonna Marine.

Wasn't a grunt but in my interactions with them over the years, I rarely saw them use them. Mostly single points for a while then everyone went back to 2-points or none at all.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 4:50:48 AM EDT
[#37]
I basically live here. 600yds is starting to get boring unless its real windy. 16min with a 1.5mil right hold for 600yds today :)
http://s12.postimg.org/fbmzhzeul/20170517_175602.jpg
http://s12.postimg.org/gmq5cpl2l/20170517_180251_HDR.jpg
http://s12.postimg.org/cezyhp90t/20170517_180651.jpg
View Quote
Nice range.  Wish we had 600 where I shoot.  Ours only goes to 200
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 7:10:17 AM EDT
[#38]
Marines gonna Marine.

Wasn't a grunt but in my interactions with them over the years, I rarely saw them use them. Mostly single points for a while then everyone went back to 2-points or none at all.
View Quote
Everyone has one on their first deployment then dumps it at one point. My last "sling" was a single nylon stretchy strap hooked to a carabiner on my plate carrier/connected to the rear sling mount.

Wish I knew all of those PX slings would be in demand. Those were always in the "Spec Ops" PX brand section aka "I'm about to do a gear inspection and can't find my mag pouch" purchase.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:10:40 AM EDT
[#39]
screen shot

dralbreaker: huge dot in the center. i cant group with that dot. otherwise it was neat. trijicon 1-8 was nicer to me.  
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 10:31:36 AM EDT
[#40]
https://s24.postimg.org/7a5dcc7lx/20170517_165636.jpgscreen shot

dralbreaker: huge dot in the center. i cant group with that dot. otherwise it was neat. trijicon 1-8 was nicer to me.  
View Quote
How big is the dot?  looks pretty small on the website.

Link Posted: 5/19/2017 11:37:32 AM EDT
[#41]
.3mil. 

image free hosting

thats a lot for me. hell thats the drop from 100m to 200m for 5.56 lol
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 1:18:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chenault] [#42]
Originally Posted By SilkyJohnson:

How big is the dot?  looks pretty small on the website.

http://bushnell.com/getmedia/8a2a999c-e87e-4b54-893b-ccd0d2ab4eb1/btr-2.gif?width=800&height=800&ext=.gif
View Quote
It's not obserdly huge but on 10x it's big enough where blues right it covers up a big area.  If your making quick shots it's nice but the dot is my main complaint, luckily I use the drop marks past 100.

I'm known to run an el presidente drill with mine so it is nice for that setup.  I also only shoot steel plates and rarely shoot groups
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 4:46:02 PM EDT
[#43]

It's not obserdly huge but on 10x it's big enough where blues right it covers up a big area.  If your making quick shots it's nice but the dot is my main complaint, luckily I use the drop marks past 100.

I'm known to run an el presidente drill with mine so it is nice for that setup. I also only shoot steel plates and rarely shoot groups
View Quote
that's why the dot size doesn't really affect me.  I'm still looking for one.  I was thinking CQBSS but they're so huge.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 6:58:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By SilkyJohnson:

that's why the dot size doesn't really affect me.  I'm still looking for one.  I was thinking CQBSS but they're so huge.
View Quote
for combat and people, yeah itll face slap haji. oh yeah. it aint slow to pickup. eyebox is a lil tight on 8.5x. its not a khales or leuupy level for that. it also didnt FEEL heavy.  id put it on a recce all day. just not an SPR. feel meh?
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 11:36:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 44Echo10] [#45]

View All Quotes

for combat and people, yeah itll face slap haji. oh yeah. it aint slow to pickup. eyebox is a lil tight on 8.5x. its not a khales or leuupy level for that. it also didnt FEEL heavy.  id put it on a recce all day. just not an SPR. feel meh?
I love this thread but sometimes it seems like this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrZlWw8Di10

Link Posted: 5/20/2017 12:25:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By 44Echo10:

I love this thread but sometimes it seems like this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrZlWw8Di10

View Quote
bro if u aint high speed its cool we can just cut slingload on ur ass and Charlie Mike on down the line. Only dopes we need in here are for rounds out. you musta ate one too many grid squares if you think im gonna go easy on the verbage son!

LOL

side note: I'm joining the private 1000yd range today 

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

LOL
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 12:32:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Anyone try the Trijicon offset RMR rail? Looks like it might be good option to mount a red dot.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 12:57:18 PM EDT
[#48]

bro if u aint high speed its cool we can just cut slingload on ur ass and Charlie Mike on down the line. Only dopes we need in here are for rounds out. you musta ate one too many grid squares if you think im gonna go easy on the verbage son!

LOL

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

LOL
View Quote
I'm an old arthritic guy...haven't been high speed in twenty years LOL.

Hell, my MOS doesn't exist anymore .

I like the crunchy grid squares with salsa...sometimes chili. Wash 'em down with a cup of rotor wash.

I have a wish list made up for an H-ish  build. Thinking about 6.8...keep it in the Holland family...plus it's great for feral hogs.

Congrats on the range membership. You better post up some pics.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 1:33:11 PM EDT
[#49]

LOL

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

LOL
View Quote
I'm jelly.  You would think in a flat ass state like Oklahoma there would be a 1000yd range
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 5:11:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#50]
I got my membership today!

the head range guy vetted me hard after asking me what caliber I shoot. i said .223 and he said "you think you can hit targets at 1000yds with a .223?". he did 20 questions on my rifle/optic/bullet/load/if inhad a 20moa base, etc etc. once i ripped off my load data, optic and bullet and told him my dope for 1k, he handed me the patch. #rightofpassage #nailedtheinterview

I made a few hits on the 2 gongs at 1k. (target is sideways).  i actually prefer the clay pigeon sighters at 1050yds tho. i got 2 that were within 2" and a few others that were damn close like the distance on the steel target shows. only had a .5mil wind hold today. from 1k to 1050yds is 1.5 mil difference wuth the tmk. 

my 44min +1mil hold for 1k and new 44min + 2.5mil hold for 1050 worked all day. cold bore at 1050 was about 44min + 3mil. .5mil lower, as expected on this 60deg day. 

this rifle really makes me look good....then again i shoot it 3 times a week :)

then i took a nap! LOL.
Page / 115
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top