Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/29/2016 8:01:35 AM EDT
I tried searching for AR locks and couldn't find any on here

I found IC-13 lock and seems to be very well made, got one and it's much better than cable lock.  Shipped fast and I was informed with tracking via email, love that.

They were $34.99 and now $29.99.....will buy 2 more around Black Friday when they have sale on it....highly recommend it.

Has anyone bought one and their thoughts on it

Link Posted: 9/29/2016 8:06:39 AM EDT
[#1]
just put a pistol lock through the magwell/port door.

most places give them away free

unless you can explain how it cheaper than a cable lock
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 9:30:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
just put a pistol lock through the magwell/port door.

most places give them away free

View Quote

Same, I seem to get them for free.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 9:45:46 AM EDT
[#3]
my PD gives those cable locks out FREE at the station.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 11:03:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Great idea...
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 11:36:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 11:39:20 AM EDT
[#6]
KAC includes a pretty slick lock with their guns.  Obviously the answer is a new SR-15.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 11:59:12 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote

I never said it's cheaper than cable lock

Cable locks are good however the fact that I like this one is you can have a full mag inserted and ready, once you remove the lock and let the charging handle move forward you are in ready to fight mode.  Plus looks better than cable lock and you don't have to worry about having to place mag close to your rifle, especially when you are carrying it in your vehicle or wherever.

Definitely not for everyone!
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 12:16:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I found IC-13 lock and seems to be very well made, got one and it's much better than cable lock.  Shipped fast and I was informed with tracking via email, love that.

They were $34.99 and now $29.99.....will buy 2 more around Black Friday when they have sale on it....highly recommend it.

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0764/0989/products/IC-LOCK_AR10_large.jpg?v=1469819835

View Quote

Wow, the way you wrote this post sure looks like you are shilling for the manufacturer. You provided a link and listed the price. Even told us there would be a Black Friday sale. How convenient.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 12:23:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Wow, the way you wrote this post sure looks like you are shilling for the manufacturer. You provided a link and listed the price. Even told us there would be a Black Friday sale. How convenient.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0764/0989/products/IC-LOCK_AR10_large.jpg?v=1469819835

I provide as much info on my posts to help others from going that much extra steps to look for them......nothing wrong with that.    

I don't work for them and I don't get anything from them.....just letting others know about the product I found and used.  I have seen posts where there are very little info and people ask for more info so I am just saving time for others that might find it interesting.  Black Friday thing is I am CHEAP so I want to find better deals on it so I can buy two more......again I am not trying to sell anything for anyone, just sharing what I found with everyone.

Link Posted: 9/29/2016 3:56:42 PM EDT
[#10]
I appreciate your post and info.  I did not know this product existed until I read your post.  Thank you.

I once had my bolt close on a cable lock and it was a son of a gun to get the bolt pulled back and the cable extracted.  

Cable locks may be free, but this product does look like a decent alternative.  Thanks again, OP.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 4:35:02 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a arma15 lock on my ARs that arent in the safe.  No complaints at all except maybe the price.  It lets you use whatever padlock you want.

http://arma15.com/products
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 6:10:43 PM EDT
[#12]
I checked it out too.  Looks like a cool lock, essentially a flag safety that is secure and I like that a mag can be inserted.  

I still opted out, but will put it in my memory bank.  If it was Amazon prime, I would have put it in my list.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 10:51:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Very much welcome

I just wanted to share as I find this lock to be useful though it's kind of pricey for a lock but comparing to cable lock it's harder to break as it's inserted inside.  

I also have LOCKDOWN lock system for one of my AR, it's also pricey but this one can also just lock the mag well and transport or stationary lock to the wall.  And I like the part that they included a mag holder so if/when you need your AR you don't have to look for a mag, it's right there so they were thinking also.

Again, I don't work for Amazon and I am not getting paid for sharing my findings on these locks!

Link Posted: 9/30/2016 5:39:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Remove bolt. Rifle is now an evil black club.
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 4:18:56 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Very much welcome

I just wanted to share as I find this lock to be useful though it's kind of pricey for a lock but comparing to cable lock it's harder to break as it's inserted inside.  

I also have LOCKDOWN lock system for one of my AR, it's also pricey but this one can also just lock the mag well and transport or stationary lock to the wall.  And I like the part that they included a mag holder so if/when you need your AR you don't have to look for a mag, it's right there so they were thinking also.

https://media.midwayusa.com/productimages/880x660/alt2/416/416412.jpg

Again, I don't work for Amazon and I am not getting paid for sharing my findings on these locks!

View Quote
this one is pretty awesome... I don't have or need it, but im impressed.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top