Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 6:06:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I want a DD but can't swing it before the election, Wife is getting a Tavor at the end of the month instead.
View Quote

The Tavor is great, the best thing I have done to mine is adding a Geissele trigger pack and lighting bow.

Link Posted: 10/5/2016 6:18:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

The Tavor is great, the best thing I have done to mine is adding a Geissele trigger pack and lighting bow.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I want a DD but can't swing it before the election, Wife is getting a Tavor at the end of the month instead.

S he plans on getting the Geissele trigger pack  but 1st needs to buy a decent optic.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 6:19:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I would get the lighting bow as well. It's a pita to install but well worth it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 11:23:27 PM EDT
[#4]
The only thing I have added to the rifle is a set of DD sights and a Raptor charging handle. I'm not sure which optic I'm going to put on it.
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 12:08:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I am looking to get another factory built rifle. I have narrowed my choices between a Daniel Defense M4V11 and a Spike's Tactical PIPE HITTERS UNION Limited Edition SR15. Normally I would go with the Daniel Defense without a second thought but the Spikes has a great deal of features for the same price.

We all know of the reliability and quality of a DD so I'll just post the specs of the Spikes below.

Spike’s Tactical has teamed up with the Pipe Hitter’s Union to release a series of new Limited Edition Rifles. They went outside of Spike's Tactical normal offerings and used some of the leading aftermarket components. Some of the Key features include: 16" Cold Hammer Forged Barrel, MFT Minimalist Stock, MFT Grip, CMC Trigger, Adjustable Gas Block, Flip up sights, Spike's Tactical 13.2" MLOK Rail, KNS Anti-Rotation Pins and Spike's Tactical new R2 Muzzle Brake.

16" Cold Hammer Forged Barrel
MFT Minimalist Stock
MFT Grip
CMC Trigger
Spike's Tactical NiB BCG
Battle Arms Developement Ambi Safety
Spike's Tactical 13.2" MLOK Rail
R2 Muzzle Brake
Spikes Flip up Sights
Adjustable Gas block
Anti Rotation Pins

Edit: Picked up the new rifle this morning!

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e23/Big-R1ck/IMG_0059_zpsf1y5rw5d.jpg?1475699295848&1475699297588
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e23/Big-R1ck/IMG_0064_zpskmlnvxsc.jpg?1475699295847&1475699297588
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e23/Big-R1ck/IMG_0063_zpsfdy5gjgg.jpg?1475699295847&1475699297588
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e23/Big-R1ck/IMG_0067_zpscdzw23qr.jpg?1475699295847&1475699297587
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e23/Big-R1ck/IMG_0065_zpsk3evuuiz.jpg?1475699295847&1475699297587
View Quote

Excellent choice OP
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 9:55:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Excellent choice OP
View Quote

Thank you.... Are the pictures showing up for you guys or do you have to click the link? I'm not sure if I posted them correctly.
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 10:29:57 AM EDT
[#7]
excellent choice op, you made the right choice
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 10:58:59 AM EDT
[#8]
If you even planned on selling at a later time the DD would most likely be easier to sell to a larger buyers market. The fact that you can say agency X uses them is a big selling point. Having said that I have used Spikes lowers on 3 builds. I purchased the lowers locally and then used Primary Arms to order all the rest of the Spikes lower parts. Had a Spikes billet trigger guard come in with the logo off center and I just sent them an email not to get a new one but to just let them know they may have a batch with the same cosmetic problem. (I put that trigger guard on all three of my AR's and even put one on my SigM400 because I am that impressed with the ease of installation and comfort. In very short order they sent me an email including their communications with Spikes customer service. They sent me a new trigger guard in the mail and told me to keep the old one. I was so impressed with their customer service that I ordered a Spikes LE upper that I am also impressed with. My other uppers are BCM and they all fit nicely on the lowers.   That price on the Pipe Hitters AR from PA is much cheaper than building it yourself.  I like ordering Spikes through PA because it's in stock and their shipping is very reasonable and fast.   If the winds blow negatively in the upcoming election then it won't matter what name is branded on the side. You will either never sell either of them or get the asking price you want.
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 11:24:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Nice rifle OP. Now shoot the crap out of it.
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 12:00:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If you even planned on selling at a later time the DD would most likely be easier to sell to a larger buyers market. The fact that you can say agency X uses them is a big selling point. Having said that I have used Spikes lowers on 3 builds. I purchased the lowers locally and then used Primary Arms to order all the rest of the Spikes lower parts. Had a Spikes billet trigger guard come in with the logo off center and I just sent them an email not to get a new one but to just let them know they may have a batch with the same cosmetic problem. (I put that trigger guard on all three of my AR's and even put one on my SigM400 because I am that impressed with the ease of installation and comfort0 In very short order they sent me an email including their communications with Spikes customer service. They sent me a new trigger guard in the mail and told me to keep the old one. I was so impressed with their customer service that I ordered a Spikes LE upper that I am also impressed with. My other uppers are BCM and they all fit nicely on the lowers.   That price on the Pipe Hitters AR from PA is much cheaper than building it yourself.  I like ordering Spikes through PA because it's in stock and their shipping is very reasonable and fast.   If the winds blow negatively in the upcoming election then it won't matter what name is branded on the side. You will either never sell either of them or get the asking price you want.
View Quote

You made some good points brother.  Thanks for the reply.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top