Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2016 5:13:03 PM EDT
Has anyone purchased on recently?  As in past few weeks?  Do they still come with that white Palmetto logo on the upper itself?
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 5:27:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Hello,

In the past few weeks I have bought two premium uppers from PSA, an FN barreled 16" M4 without logo and FN barreled 20"m16A4 with logo.

Cheers,
W-W
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 6:21:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I picked up 4 freedom uppers a week and a half ago and all had logos. Pretty sure its random.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 6:26:08 PM EDT
[#3]
As a side note 3 of the uppers mentioned above receivers had the split A forge code that were smooth dark black finish with nice T marks. The 4th had a square forge mark and a pretty gray finish with hazy T marks.  Kinda sucked.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 11:32:38 AM EDT
[#4]
I bought a Freedom upper with SS 1:7 twist A-2 handguard, premium bolt carrier group and charging handle first of July.  The barrel had a badly canted front sight.  PSA sent me a RMA and sent out a different upper which is GTG.  Both had PSA logo and white T marks.  The bolt has the PSA Logo.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 11:57:36 AM EDT
[#5]
I've got two of their uppers, one with logo one without, like one of the posts above said, it's random. You could probably call them and tell them what you want.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 3:20:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bought a Freedom upper with SS 1:7 twist A-2 handguard, premium bolt carrier group and charging handle first of July.  The barrel had a badly canted front sight.  PSA sent me a RMA and sent out a different upper which is GTG.  Both had PSA logo and white T marks.  The bolt has the PSA Logo.
View Quote

I hear enough of these to scare me. I've got an upper in bound and hope I don't have to deal with shipping it back for replacement for an issue they obviously know about.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 5:25:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I just got an M16A4 kit and the upper has the PSA logo.  The BCG does not have any PSA logos though.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 6:00:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I just got a complete 8.5" .300 upper last week. It had the PSA logo on the upper as well as on the underside of the Keymod rail.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 6:50:07 PM EDT
[#9]
I will let you know if I ever get my orders.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 7:43:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I will let you know if I ever get my orders.
View Quote

When/ what did you order? I ordered 4  on the 17th and they were delivered on the 26th.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:43:33 PM EDT
[#11]
I have 2 PTAC M4 uppers and a Freedom SS mid length, none have a white rollmark on the upper.

I was wrong, the freedom SS upper does have a white PSA rollmark, and has white T marks.
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 11:31:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Ordered an 18" SS barrel upper on 8/25.
Arrived in exactly 2 weeks.
Upper does have the little white PSA mark.
Receiver is more dark gray than black, but everything looks great otherwise.
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 1:16:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Mine did not have logos. These are the first uppers I have bought from PSA and honestly don't know why you guys are gaga over these cheap uppers. CH is sticky and they just have an overall cheap feeling. The 7" pistol upper is much better but I have yet to shoot it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 9:16:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Bought 2 uppers about 8/20. 16" has the square mark, gray finish, blurry T marks and logo..

11.5" came with a black no logo split A. Much nicer.

The gray one darked up with oil and looks ok. Both had a few dings in the end of the rail. I would buy another in this pice range. Can get 3 for less that the cost of the BCM i just bought.
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 9:25:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Mine did not have logos. These are the first uppers I have bought from PSA and honestly don't know why you guys are gaga over these cheap uppers. CH is sticky and they just have an overall cheap feeling. The 7" pistol upper is much better but I have yet to shoot it.
View Quote

Cause this: From high round count thread, last page...

"Update on Palmetto State Arms upper....

This is pretty impressive as one of my armorers (Danny Boy) wanted me to know how long is lasted.

This was a Palmetto State upper with the FN barrel and here's the history from the repair log:
- Put on the line 21 MAR 15
- Replaced bolt on 01 AUG 15, headspace good
- Replaced bolt on 30 AUG 15, headspace good
- Replaced bolt on 05 OCT 15, headspace good
- Barrel is starting to keyhole, pulled off the line 10 SEP 16

This upper has been put through the ring for almost a year and half and is now starting to keyhole. Very impressive and definitely got more than I expected out of it.

V/R
Ron"
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 9:31:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

because I don't let feels get in the way

They are great value for the money.

They have some problems(which they will fix), but 90% of the problems are from newbis doing something wrong or just bithcing about regurgitated internet BS.

OP I have about 20 of them, It's been a mix match of what you get
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 10:26:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

They have some problems(which they will fix), but 90% of the problems are from newbis doing something wrong or just bithcing about regurgitated internet BS.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

20! That's like $500 worth of ARs.
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 2:55:53 PM EDT
[#18]
I Just got a freedom upper in on Thursday. It had the logo.
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 4:47:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's more like it. All is right in the world now. I feel it anyway.
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 7:04:09 PM EDT
[#20]
I just bought a PTAC upper from Palmetto... NO logo.
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 7:09:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
20! That's like $500 worth of ARs.
View Quote

I a PSA fanboy myself, but that was pretty funny.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 12:01:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Just got mine a few days ago.  No logo, but it came with a bonus canted front sight base.  Good thing I was planning on ditching the pinned sight base from the start.  
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 9:09:58 AM EDT
[#23]
I ordered a CHF kit a few weeks ago.  Shipped 8 days later.

I have a logo on my upper receiver.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top