Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2016 11:24:14 PM EDT

Lower:
McKay Enterprises
RRA small parts
Spikes Battle trigger
UTG tube, standard buffer/spring

Upper:
A2 upper Unknown receiver( from surplus site)
DPMS upper parts and sight
DD mid legnth barrel ( fsb installed by yours truly)
BCM BCG
Mod 4 CH

Furniture:
LGS $5 parts bin (Ruger stock, unknown hand guard, left over A2 grip)

Paint: unprofessionally sprayed by Me INC.

What do you think?
Advice?

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 1:33:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I like it! Actually had one close to this configuration awhile back and was among my favorite too shoot. But life got in the way, needed cash to buy my now wife's wedding ring cause I didn't want to finance it and the look on the salesladys face was priceless when I told her I was paying cash, finished my beer real quick (was at Diamonds direct and they give you free beer if you are looking to buy), and pulled out $2k. Sold it, got $100 more than what I had into the build, but I still kick myself for getting rid of it instead if something else.

This makes me want to go rebuild that rifle, after I get done with my 2 ongoing builds.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:06:44 AM EDT
[#2]
A sling.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 8:50:35 AM EDT
[#3]
A sling is all you need.   I just built my dad an AR using spare parts and PSA  Easter weekend sales.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 9:04:40 AM EDT
[#4]
What is the intended purpose?  I would say a sling and possibly a flashlight (it is dark every day part of each day of the year) but that is it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 9:11:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Stake your castle nut, and sling if you want one.   If this is a fighting rifle, I would upgrade to a 7075 buffer tube.   PSA  had them for $19.   Paint job is awesome.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 12:37:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:09:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks guys, means a lot coming from some of you.
The main purpose will just be range and plinking. Won't be putting a light on this one (have others that serve that role). It will be getting a 3 point sling though. I just forgot the side swivel when I assembled the barrel.
And a good stake on the nut when the DD receiver extension gets here from Primary Arms. (UTG was a take off for a reason) gonna have to dispose of it this time before it grows another receiver....
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 2:04:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

What do you think?
Advice?

View Quote

This is a good example of how to build a cheap rifle while not skimping on the important parts.

Sling and a light and you're done.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 8:19:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Looks good. Add sling. Be done.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 10:19:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks guys, means a lot coming from some of you.
The main purpose will just be range and plinking. Won't be putting a light on this one (have others that serve that role). It will be getting a 3 point sling though. I just forgot the side swivel when I assembled the barrel.
And a good stake on the nut when the DD receiver extension gets here from Primary Arms. (UTG was a take off for a reason) gonna have to dispose of it this time before it grows another receiver....
View Quote

Nice rifle!

I am currently going through the same problem with extra parts turning into more guns

I had 3 complete FCGs, a bunch of pistol grips, 3 buffer tube assemblies with stocks, several stripped uppers with CHs, and what did I start seeing?  Deals on barrels.  Deals on BCGs.

I know the problem of an extra part growing into another gun.

God bless my wife for allowing me to invest wisely now.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top