Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/28/2016 9:07:31 AM EDT
I have an old S&W M&P15 upper that has the picatinny gas block. I would like to install a FSB. Will the barrel notch that was made when the gas block was installed line up and work with a FSB?
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:16:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:23:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I've dealt with them on occasion, As stated, it most likely won't line up.

I've actually sworn off working on them, it can be a nightmare. If I need FSB work done, I just send it off now.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:46:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Easier to sell the existing barrel and buy a new one with a FSB.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 10:59:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Not trying to hijack, but I'm in a similar boat. Barrel is drilled for pins, but my FSB has set screws. Are my options basically just run the set screws or buy another one?
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 1:21:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Send it to forum member John Thomas.

He has a jig that aligns the FSB perfectly TDC as well.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 1:43:43 PM EDT
[#6]
ADCO is the answer here.  Do it right the first time they are not expensive, great quality work, and carry a good reputation around here for a reason.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 3:42:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Another option is to buy Armalite's National Match windage adjustable clamp on front sight base. It just slides on the barrel and you can tighten it exactly left/right to get a perfect mechanical zero on the rear sight.

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 6:20:03 PM EDT
[#8]
It's not going to work with the existing pin notch. Besides, a FSB requires two notches. ADCO is the answer.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:28:04 PM EDT
[#9]
You need a new undrilled FSB. ADCO installed one for me on a barrel that had already been drilled
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:28:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ADCO is the answer here.  Do it right the first time they are not expensive, great quality work, and carry a good reputation around here for a reason.
View Quote

correction: a GREAT reputation!
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 2:13:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Another option is to buy Armalite's National Match windage adjustable clamp on front sight base. It just slides on the barrel and you can tighten it exactly left/right to get a perfect mechanical zero on the rear sight.

View Quote

Discontinued
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 7:51:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Discontinued
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Discontinued

Love those things.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 8:55:26 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View Quote
That seems to never be in stock.

Edit: Discontinued would be a good reason it's never in stock.

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:46:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Send it to ADCO to have it done right and pinned to the barrel.

In a pinch you could use a WOA set screw FSB: https://www.whiteoakarmament.com/xcart/product.php?productid=17819&cat=256&page=6

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 1:10:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

I second this, ADCO does great work , they are fast and reasonable
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 1:59:58 PM EDT
[#16]
I posted in 'build it yourself' and above here. Here's my situation that's in this vein. I have a PSA barrel that was sold with a pinned FSB, but sold to me stripped. It's a new barrel, but the FSB I have has set screws. They seem to line up close with the pin holes and thread into them. Red loctite and be done or try and have it matched up and pinned?
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 6:45:40 PM EDT
[#17]
I bought a clamp-on FSB to finish a spare parts-build:
http://shop.deztacticalarms.com/A2-Fixed-Front-Sight-Clamp-on-750-w-Bayonet-Lug-DEZ-1035-GB.htm

Although if you already have a gas block, it might be cheaper to have a local gunsmith install it for you.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 7:33:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Easier to sell the existing barrel and buy a new one with a FSB.
View Quote

This, not worth messing with.  Sell the barrel and buy one with the FSB already installed.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 2:02:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Adco did one for me years back
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top