Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/27/2016 8:04:58 PM EDT
Anyone have one of these?

Always kind of wanted one .... Thought they were discontinued several years ago but a retailer has them in stock

Pic for reference

Link Posted: 4/27/2016 8:53:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 8:58:00 PM EDT
[#2]
It's probably a very good shooter, but I have no interest in a neutered AR.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 9:54:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Buds has them for $869

Seems like a decent buy

I've got enough SBRs and 16" guns so it would be different
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 9:58:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice if that's what you're looking for, but no threaded barrel is a no go for me.

A2 upper would be an issue too, but that's just me.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 10:24:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Yup, that's a post ban and ban compliant type without muzzle thread and no bayonet lug.

I've had the older model pre ban R6600 20" HBAR heavy profile barrel from 1986 to 2001 which I used mainly for target practice and DCM/ CMP rifle competition.

There are two sizes of hammer and trigger pins for that particular model early during the ban they used large oversized 0.170" pins then after around mid 2009 they had the small mil-spec standard size 0.154" pins until they discontinued them several years ago.

Also early version during early in the ban had steel sear block above the selector of the lower receivers, if all possible avoid those because you have to spend some more money machining the steel sear block in order to use a M16 full auto bolt carrier and some aftermarket triggers.

If you like the A2 iron sights and like to shoot irons it would be fine, but if you would like to use optics look for a flattop upper receiver like the Colt AR15A4 rifle or similar other brands.

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 12:58:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I have that very rife.  Its a great rifle, but I hate not having the threaded barrel and being stuck with the fixed carry handle. Nevertheless, the price was too good to pass up when I bought it several years ago.  And tearing into a rifle like this just for aesthetics or to make it "more tactical" just seems silly to me.  If you really hate the idiotic post-ban quirks, l'd skip it.  But if you want a really good shooting rifle, its hard to beat the price.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 3:59:32 PM EDT
[#7]
That was my first ar. Shoots great, but too heavy and large. Mine is a flattop.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 4:15:27 PM EDT
[#8]
outstanding rifle, accurate and reliable

should be a great shooter
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 5:52:03 PM EDT
[#9]
I've got one.  Had ADCO swap on a FN GI 20" barrel.  Great shooter.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 12:52:15 PM EDT
[#10]
I've got one.
I was looking at a new one online earlier this morning thinking of getting another one before I happened across your thread.
Mine has the full auto BCG, standard sized pins.
I still contemplate putting an FNMI or a Colt USGI A2 barrel on it but I haven't been able to bring myself to molest it.
It's so pretty I just look at it.

Hell, get it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 3:19:07 PM EDT
[#11]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

post ban rifle configuration....
View Quote

So get it threaded..

Link Posted: 4/30/2016 1:40:30 PM EDT
[#12]
have it threaded for a suppressor-no problem
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top