Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2016 4:34:31 PM EDT
I've got an AR15 with a 22" barrel that I use for long range shooting which has a CMC 3.5lb trigger installed in it. To say the least the CMC trigger is great trigger but after shooting my BR rifle that has a 3/4lb pull trigger the AR15 feeld like it's about a 10lb pull.

Are there any triggers out there for a AR15 that would have a 1lb or 2lb pull or even lighter?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:42:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Jard has single stage that's 1.5lb, Jewell is 2 stage adjustable that will go down to 1lb.

Just be careful of bench-bumps with super light triggers.  Proper technique and loading the bipod should prevent this.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:56:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, I know all about bumps, I have two other black powder rifles that all you have to do is look at the trigger they're so light.

Thanks for the heads-up on those triggers, I'll take a look.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:25:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes, I know all about bumps, I have two other black powder rifles that all you have to do is look at the trigger they're so light.

Thanks for the heads-up on those triggers, I'll take a look.
View Quote

When I say bench bumps, I mean accidental double taps due to the rifle bouncing and your finger squeezing off another round due to recoil, like bump firing
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:50:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Consider the two stage Geissele SSA-E.  It is 3.5 lbs total, but has a light 1.2 lb second stage for precision shooting.  The letup on the first stage is smooth and the "wall" between stages is easy to find and hold indefinitely while you get your breathing and sight picture the way you want.  Then exert 1.2 lbs and it breaks clean and crisp.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:27:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Geissele SSA-E
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:35:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Geissele's high speed match is a good option.  It can be reliably set to about 1.5lb. Mine is set at 2lb 2oz. Reset length is adjustable.  I dont have any issues bump firing mine. The high speed match also has the fastest lock time available at 4ms. It's the only G trigger worth the extra money over a Larue MBT IMO.

As mentioned earlier, JARD has a 1.5lb option.  If the reset is set too short it gets hard to only let one round off. For a trigger this light in an AR platform I would recommend sticking with a two stage. You can have a second stage break of 8oz, which is very useable.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:51:36 PM EDT
[#7]
https://www.hiperfire.com/product/hipertouchecl/

Really like mine! Vic
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:38:20 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm not worried about bump fires, I'm using a sled and load one round at a time. I'll check all those out and try to figure out which one is right.

Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:51:55 PM EDT
[#9]
if your used to shooting a BR rifle you wont like the two stage feel. Single stage is the way to go. The lightest being the jard, the more reliable being the hiperfire.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 2:24:34 AM EDT
[#10]
I am use to BR and have been shooting them for the past 60 years so to speak so I guess that the Jard may be the one.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 10:11:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Decided to go with the Jard 1 stage adjustable trigger. Got it on Tuesday and installed it that night and took it out to the range to test it out. With less than 1.5lb pull it is so much better. Drop tested and no problems, fired a couple rounds and no bump fires, hammer has plenty of striking force. I did try bump firing with 5 rounds in the mag and it shot out all 5 rounds, but then I was trying to.

Thanks guys for all the suggestions on triggers!
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 3:57:31 PM EDT
[#12]
A 5 lb. trigger with no creep and very little over travel is a great trigger for an AR15. NRA/CMP tournaments require a minimum trigger pull of 4.5 lbs., something everyone should consider if they ever want to shoot a match.

A 1 or 2 lb. trigger is too light for anything but a bench gun, especially a semi-auto. It's been my experience that triggers get lighter with use. If you buy a 3.5 lb. trigger after a few thousand rounds it will be lighter, sometimes a lot lighter. Take that into consideration before you go as light as possible.

Geissele currently makes the best AR triggers IMO, buy something from them that isn't too light. You'll be happy you did.

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:36:36 PM EDT
[#13]
JP Enterprises full fire control group with yellow springs will give you a comfortable 3lb pull single stage.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 10:32:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Geissele SSA-E
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 6:13:33 AM EDT
[#15]
I have a 3.5lb trigger and when bench shooting at times I get bump fire.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 9:18:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Glad you are happy for now.  You may prove everyone wrong, but the base of knowledge here is both deep and wide.  My guess is that after running that trigger a while you will see tbe wisdom of a 3.5 lb total pull through 1.2 lb second stage type trigger, something like an SSA-E or its equivalent.

I have several target bolt guns with triggers well under one pound.  I will not even remotely consider that on a semiauto rifle, which, IMO, should have at least a 3 lb total pull through for safety.  A two stage trigger with light crisp second stage has proven itself for these type rifles for precision shooting.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 10:39:59 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Glad you are happy for now.  You may prove everyone wrong, but the base of knowledge here is both deep and wide.  My guess is that after running that trigger a while you will see tbe wisdom of a 3.5 lb total pull through 1.2 lb second stage type trigger, something like an SSA-E or its equivalent.

I have several target bolt guns with triggers well under one pound.  I will not even remotely consider that on a semiauto rifle, which, IMO, should have at least a 3 lb total pull through for safety.  A two stage trigger with light crisp second stage has proven itself for these type rifles for precision shooting.
View Quote
I see reset length as more important than overall pull weight.  My High speed match us barely over 2lb, but I've never had a double issue because I set the reset a little long to ensure I didn't have any issues.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top