Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:13:58 AM EDT
[#1]
deleted
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:17:15 AM EDT
[#2]
They show 9 right now.

Their FN bolt deals are tempting as well.

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:15:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They show 9 right now.

Their FN bolt deals are tempting as well.

View Quote

Yeah I when I purchased my barrel last week I also picked up a FN BCG.  Looks good, but I've not used it yet.  Could not beat the price for basic mil-spec BCG.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 12:17:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Never built with a fsb, any issues driving the pins out? And I'm guessing the cutouts for the pins won't be in the way of the set screws for a lo pro block(have one laying around)? Probably not but figured I'd double check.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 12:52:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Never built with a fsb, any issues driving the pins out? And I'm guessing the cutouts for the pins won't be in the way of the set screws for a lo pro block(have one laying around)? Probably not but figured I'd double check.
View Quote

Wasn't bad at all when I built my first one.  I did buy the proper tool from Brownells so I didn't mark up or flatted the pins, but nothing excessive to get them out or back in.  I can't comment on the locations for set screws, I put the FSB back on.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 1:44:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Wasn't bad at all when I built my first one.  I did buy the proper tool from Brownells so I didn't mark up or flatted the pins, but nothing excessive to get them out or back in.  I can't comment on the locations for set screws, I put the FSB back on.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks, I have a slr agb that I haven't used and since I might run a can it every once in a while I figured I'd throw it on. Just wasn't sure if the channel for the pin will interfere with a set screw.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 4:11:27 PM EDT
[#7]
They also have a few new M16 Colt carriers left for $75 shipped...I'm starting to like this store
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 6:29:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
They also have a few new M16 Colt carriers left for $75 shipped...I'm starting to like this store
View Quote

link for barrels please?

TIA
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 7:44:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

link for barrels please?

TIA
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

link for barrels please?

TIA

Here is link to the Colt carriers, you can just use the link for their other listings to get to the barrels:  http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=554433665
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 8:28:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Their barrels sold out pretty quick this morning.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 2:09:51 PM EDT
[#11]
As of right now, Phase five has two on their GB page.
(They did have three, lol)
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 3:00:35 PM EDT
[#12]
This is exciting.

You don't know if they have 2 left to sell, or 2 thousand.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 3:22:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Now they have zero.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 3:44:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Now they have zero.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now they have zero.

You're doing it right, sir!

Link Posted: 4/25/2016 3:47:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Just paid for mine, so no one knows if the channel for the pins on the fsb would get in the way for a set screw agb? Have any slr 7 laying around and was going to put a single dimple on the Barrel and bolt it on. Guess I'll find out soon enough if nobody has done it.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 3:52:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now they have zero.

I three builds in mind for them. I bought one last time, and had enough extra money for the other two this time.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 7:58:38 PM EDT
[#17]
great guys to do business with

I'm waiting for more colt uppers
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 8:59:38 PM EDT
[#18]
If anyone bought one and changes their mind, I'd be interested, if the price is right anyways...
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 3:28:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Whats the opinion on a bcm socom barrel vs the colt?
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 5:20:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Whats the opinion on a bcm socom barrel vs the colt?
View Quote

I shyed away from them after reading this thread.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/687734_Accuracy_Evaluation_of_a_Bravo_Company_14_5__Barrel.html

IMHO, Green Mountain would be a better choice. They seem to get good reviews and alot of folks say that they're pretty accurate.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 6:10:10 PM EDT
[#21]
There's always Windham Weaponry too. I almost chose them over getting a second Colt because I wanted gov't profile but I decided I'd save $30 and live with the extra few ounces.

https://www.windhamweaponry.com/shopexd.asp?id=169&bc=no
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 7:30:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
There's always Windham Weaponry too. I almost chose them over getting a second Colt because I wanted gov't profile but I decided I'd save $30 and live with the extra few ounces.

https://www.windhamweaponry.com/shopexd.asp?id=169&bc=no
View Quote

Green Mountain makes their barrels, so I've been told.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:11:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Just a heads up,  they have more barrels on gb from phase5 for 185. Just snagged one, anyone know off the top of your head is this a .625 journal or .750? Think I'm going to pick up a G Super gas block for it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:38:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Just a heads up,  they have more barrels on gb from phase5 for 185. Just snagged one, anyone know off the top of your head is this a .625 journal or .750? Think I'm going to pick up a G Super gas block for it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 10:55:13 AM EDT
[#25]
I got one of the Colt carriers and it arrived with a damaged gas key (not damaged during shipment as it was packaged well).  We will see how they handle the issue.  In my opinion these parts should be inspected before shipment, the way BCM does.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 11:02:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I got one of the Colt carriers and it arrived with a damaged gas key (not damaged during shipment as it was packaged well).  We will see how they handle the issue.  In my opinion these parts should be inspected before shipment, the way BCM does.
View Quote

What kind of damage?
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 11:04:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

What kind of damage?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What kind of damage?

lol, because BCM never sent out anything defective that QC didn't catch
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 12:22:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

I had a jacked up carrier straight from lmt, it happens man.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 2:23:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What kind of damage?

Trust me...I don't drink the BCM Kool-aid.  But BCM has voluntarily had up to a 50% rejection rate on some items.  If someone is boxing up a single bolt carrier it would be good practice to take just a few seconds for a visual inspection.

To answer the other question: the rim of the key (that slides over the gas tube) appeared to of been impacted on the rim and was bent into the interior of the key.  
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 4:17:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Trust me...I don't drink the BCM Kool-aid.  But BCM has voluntarily had up to a 50% rejection rate on some items.  If someone is boxing up a single bolt carrier it would be good practice to take just a few seconds for a visual inspection.

To answer the other question: the rim of the key (that slides over the gas tube) appeared to of been impacted on the rim and was bent into the interior of the key.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What kind of damage?

I have plenty of BCM products but my point is that no one is immune, not even BCM.  It's when we see repeated instances of this I get concerned about QC.  
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 7:30:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Phase 5 Tactical; they are the (primary) one selling on GB.
View Quote

There are many SOCOM barrels at EE now .....

Bet people are re-selling them at EE for $50 buck profit each
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 5:06:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Phase 5 no longer allows phone orders of items they have listed on GB.

They politely informed me of this today when I called.

There are 5 barrels left and a lot of 10 barrels listed on GB now after I ordered mine.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 6:44:21 AM EDT
[#33]
I've ordered 2 so far....they are awesome
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 9:30:08 AM EDT
[#34]
I could really use one or two. I seem to have lost my spare
. When is phase 5 supposed to re up.. Ive been keeping an eye out on GB
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 11:12:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

They seem to get them in at random. I just have their GB page bookmarked and check in daily when I have some extra money.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 1:34:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

10 barrels are up now
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 1:53:02 PM EDT
[#37]
I'll bet they are reading this thread.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 2:24:46 AM EDT
[#38]
I got two of them. That should keep my M16 happy.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 2:57:10 AM EDT
[#39]
This is very interesting for custom jobs...
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top