AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:25:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
From all of my research an M4 profile would be correct for a Block II upper, not SOCOM. The only ones that would have a SOCOM barrel would be new M4A1s originally shipped with a KAC RAS that had a M4A1 RIS II FSP installed at a later date.
View Quote

incorrect... the default is the SOCOM, but both are used.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:27:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I cant believe anyone who frequents this site, hasn't heard of Phase 5 supply. I see guys paying $250 plus for the colt socom barrels. Phase 5 sells them for $184.99 shipped. I have bought several from them, they are good to go.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where is everyone finding them? I can't find colt anywhere?

Check out the EE. I saw at least one yesterday.
I cant believe anyone who frequents this site, hasn't heard of Phase 5 supply. I see guys paying $250 plus for the colt socom barrels. Phase 5 sells them for $184.99 shipped. I have bought several from them, they are good to go.  

Phase V has not been getting as many as they used to. They were out the last couple of times I called.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:28:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
From all of my research an M4 profile would be correct for a Block II upper, not SOCOM. The only ones that would have a SOCOM barrel would be new M4A1s originally shipped with a KAC RAS that had a M4A1 RIS II FSP installed at a later date.

Proof of this? The drawing for the M4A1 Block II upper uses a standard M4 barrel. All of CombatDiver's pics show standard M4 barrels from Crane with the FSB removed.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:35:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Proof of this? The drawing for the M4A1 Block II upper uses a standard M4 barrel. All of CombatDiver's pics show standard M4 barrels from Crane with the FSB removed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Block II thread.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:38:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Get a BCM SOCOM barrel and call it a day.  
I have a 14.5 SOCOM with a BCM COMP and a DD Omega rail.  If there is some extra weight it is not an issue for me.  This particular carbine is my HD / goto gun.  
Rest of the gun:
Aimpoint Pro
Diamond Head BUIS
BCM lower w/ ALG ACT
B5 SOPMOD stock
BCM stubby fore grip
Inforce Weapon Light

Quoted:
So, who makes the best Government profile M4 barrel?
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:29:46 PM EDT
[#6]
So is a Colt LE6921CK 14.5 complete receiver for $675 good to go?
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 7:44:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I thought I would update, I ended up getting a good deal on a Socom profile and used a RIS II, it is a touch front heavy (especially in its current configuration as a pistol, thanks NFA) but it just feels right. Nowhere near an HBAR.

I really like it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 9:51:42 PM EDT
[#8]
ETA just saw you got the SOCOM
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 10:33:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So, who makes the best Government profile M4 barrel?
View Quote

FN and Colt are the go-to for most.  

Ballistic Advantage, Green Mountain, and Faxon all produce very good barrels for the money.

Daniel Defense makes an excellent cold hammer-forged 14.5" government profile barrel and it shoots very well.
My vote would go to Daniel Defense if money wasn't a problem.  

If your budget is tight, I'd go with the Green Mountain offering.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top