BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/30/2015 4:51:09 PM EDT
I purchased a used SSA-E and pins were not included. I was told by the seller to use standard FCG pins. Is this the case? I was under the assumption that we are supposed to use the pins supplied to Geissele. I just want to make sure I have the correct pins supplied to me if the Geissele pins are required. If standard are fine, then I'm good.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 4:52:44 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I purchased a used SSA-E and pins were not included. I was told by the seller to use standard FCG pins. Is this the case? I was under the assumption that we are supposed to use the pins supplied to Geissele. I just want to make sure I have the correct pins supplied to me if the Geissele pins are required. If standard are fine, then I'm good.
View Quote
I'm not sure, but either way I would contact Geissele CS. They will probably send you a set of their pins on the house. Good people they are!

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 5:08:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I would call Geissele and ask to buy replacement pins. In the mean time I would use the trigger with pins you have.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 5:09:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Call Geissele and explain the situation.  They'll help you out.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 5:21:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll give them a call. I definitely want to make sure things are right with the FCG.

ETA: I've used mil-spec triggers forever and as you guys can tell I'm a noob with upgraded triggers.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 6:24:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I emailed them that I was an idiot and screwed up one of the pins when I tried installing mine, I offered to pay for another set, they sent me two pins, a hat and some other swag for no cost.

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 7:26:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Geissele is good people, the only other company that sends out as much free swag is BCM.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 8:02:59 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote
Why in the holy fuck have you stolen my avatar?

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 8:03:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Get Geissele to send you a set.  They are specially designed to work with their triggers and are hardened.  There are minor differences from milspec, so I would want to use their pins with their triggers.  I'm sure they will help you out.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 8:33:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Calm down... I'll change it if it's a huge deal to you. I didn't know that it was specifically "yours". I've used this for a while now...
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 8:35:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Can't change it until I get to a computer...
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 8:52:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 8:58:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hahahahhahaha
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 8:59:46 PM EDT
[#13]
My one trigger shipped missing a hammer pin.

They sent me a couple. With some stickers and patches.

Good people.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 9:01:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been wondering the same since I first saw it.
"Wait a minute, that's not earp"

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 9:04:11 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Calm down... I'll change it if it's a huge deal to you. I didn't know that it was specifically "yours". I've used this for a while now...
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I had it created for me.  Avatars tend to be creative and personal.  It is how I identify my posts and how others do as well.  It is more recognized than a screen name in many cases.  

It should be a huge deal to you as well.  

I clicked on this thread because I had an answer to your question and was going to help.

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 9:13:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Well I apologize as I didn't know this. They've always been just pictures to me. I would of appreciated a PM instead of cluttering my thread.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 9:15:37 PM EDT
[#17]
#avatarjacker
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 9:15:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Just contact Geissele. Like I said, it'll prob be on the house.

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 9:16:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
rekt.
View Quote

Ouch. That hurt
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 9:19:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I had it created for me.  Avatars tend to be creative and personal.  It is how I identify my posts and how others do as well.  It is more recognized than a screen name in many cases.  

I clicked on this thread because I had an answer to your question and was going to help.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

All this time I thought you were trolling.......

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 9:20:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
#avatarjacker
View Quote

#stolenavatar

#stolenavatarsmatter

edit tech:

OP, call Geissele and they will hook it up!
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 9:22:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah. No reason to troll. Apparently just a case of mistaken identity haha
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 9:35:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

#stolenavatar

#stolenavatarsmatter

edit tech:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
#avatarjacker

#stolenavatar

#stolenavatarsmatter

edit tech:

Its like grinding your shoeless feet on a persons couch where you don't live.

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 9:39:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
#avatarjacker

#stolenavatar

#stolenavatarsmatter

edit tech:

I'd much rather someone do that with their bare feet than with shoes, but I think I get your point.

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 9:51:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Feels like you are taking this too seriously tho. He offered to change it and apologized.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 10:45:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!!!!

I have changed my avatar so we can be at ease now. "This is my avatar. There are many like it, but this one is mine..."

In all seriousness wildearp, while I mistakingly borrowed your identity on here, rest assured that each post I made with your identity was professional and courteous to other members so your good name will not be tarnished. For the ignorance I exhibited by borrowing your avatar without realizing the magnitude of doing so, I apologize. Like I said in another post these were (and still are) just pictures to me. I was not trying to "imitate" you, or "troll" you (people really do that??). I remember browsing through the forums when I renewed my membership again, and saw your avatar and thought it was awesome. I didn't see any identifying information on it (unlike my new one) so I used it.

I hope you can put your anger aside and realize it was an honest mistake.

Can't we all be friends now
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 10:48:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Feels like you are taking this too seriously tho. He offered to change it and apologized.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

QFT. I had no idea I was imitating anyone! I hope I lived up to it
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:18:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I have changed my avatar so we can be at ease now. "This is my avatar. There are many like it, but this one is mine..."

In all seriousness wildearp, while I mistakingly borrowed your identity on here, rest assured that each post I made with your identity was professional and courteous to other members so your good name will not be tarnished. For the ignorance I exhibited by borrowing your avatar without realizing the magnitude of doing so, I apologize. Like I said in another post these were (and still are) just pictures to me. I was not trying to "imitate" you, or "troll" you (people really do that??). I remember browsing through the forums when I renewed my membership again, and saw your avatar and thought it was awesome. I didn't see any identifying information on it (unlike my new one) so I used it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well done.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 12:23:42 AM EDT
[#29]
Double tap..
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 5:53:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Stolen avatar was better.....

Link Posted: 12/1/2015 8:37:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Stolen avatar was better.....

View Quote

It was... if I knew about it. This all was a surprise to me. Mine's not bad for a 5 minute throw together job. I'm just glad I was able to change it in time before the AR15.com universe imploded.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 8:50:25 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Edit your previous posts to be rude and condescending.

Link Posted: 12/1/2015 8:55:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 9:50:11 AM EDT
[#34]
Geissele uses .155" pins. Industry/milspec standard is .154". You can buy Geissele-sized pins from a certain lightweight specialty manufacture that starts with V- and a number. I'd just get a free set from Bill, he's awesome. Give him a call.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 9:55:55 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Geissele uses .155" pins. Industry/milspec standard is .154". You can buy Geissele-sized pins from a certain lightweight specialty manufacture that starts with V- and a number. I'd just get a free set from Bill, he's awesome. Give him a call.
View Quote

this.  G pins are oversized for tightness.  found out when installing on a balios lower which has a slightly smaller hole for the same reason.  grease and effort got it in.  those pins aint moving
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 10:03:36 AM EDT
[#36]
^^

Quoted:

this.  G pins are oversized for tightness.  found out when installing on a balios lower which has a slightly smaller hole for the same reason.  grease and effort got it in.  those pins aint moving
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/1/2015 10:05:54 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'll definitely do that today. Thanks for the help everyone.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 10:07:03 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

and

How Many ErikTaylors are there???
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 10:13:53 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

the oversized pins are essential to get everything out of the g.  I have six of their triggers.  bill makes good stuff
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 10:17:39 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

and

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

and

Well, like another poster said... Imitation is the biggest form of flattery. So thanks for the support!!!
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 10:21:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Well, like another poster said... Imitation is the biggest form of flattery. So thanks for the support!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

and

Link Posted: 12/1/2015 10:21:48 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

the oversized pins are essential to get everything out of the g.  I have six of their triggers.  bill makes good stuff
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for your replies and support!!
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 10:26:45 AM EDT
[#43]
Since this thread is completely derailed we may as well review the avatar creed..

This is my avatar. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my avatar is useless. Without my avatar, I am useless. I must make my avatar true. I must post faster than the other member who is trying to post before me. I must insult him before he insults me. I will. My avatar and I know that what counts online is not the posts we make, the noise of our capital letters, or the emoji's we make. We know that it is the number of posts that count. We will post.

My avatar is human, even as I am human, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strengths, its colors used, its bolt face picture, its NRA logo and its name. I will keep my avatar updated and ready, even as I am updated and ready. We will become part of each other.

Before God I swear this creed. My avatar and I are the defenders of pur usernames. We are the masters of our AR15.com identity. We are the saviors of our lives.

So be it, until victory is ours and there is no negative posts.

Link Posted: 12/1/2015 10:51:09 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Since this thread is completely derailed we may as well review the avatar creed..

This is my avatar. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my avatar is useless. Without my avatar, I am useless. I must make my avatar true. I must post faster than the other member who is trying to post before me. I must insult him before he insults me. I will. My avatar and I know that what counts online is not the posts we make, the noise of our capital letters, or the emoji's we make. We know that it is the number of posts that count. We will post.

My avatar is human, even as I am human, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strengths, its colors used, its bolt face picture, its NRA logo and its name. I will keep my avatar updated and ready, even as I am updated and ready. We will become part of each other.

Before God I swear this creed. My avatar and I are the defenders of pur usernames. We are the masters of our AR15.com identity. We are the saviors of our lives.

View Quote
OP, one time I ordered an SSA from a 3rd party site (reputable by all means) and it came blemished from them. It would not affect function, but I was a little upset nonetheless. I contacted Geissele and they sent me a replacement free of charge and included a ton of swag. Their CS is 2nd to none. Contact them for the pins. They are hardened and dimpled to function specifically in their triggers. I wouldnt risk it.

Pic of the trigger I am talkign about:

Link Posted: 12/1/2015 10:51:41 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
#avatarjacker
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/1/2015 10:54:39 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
OP, one time I ordered an SSA from a 3rd party site (reputable by all means) and it came blemished from them. It would not affect function, but I was a little upset nonetheless. I contacted Geissele and they sent me a replacement free of charge and included a ton of swag. Their CS is 2nd to none. Contact them for the pins. They are hardened and dimpled to function specifically in their triggers. I wouldnt risk it.

http://i.imgur.com/CYlyiA2.jpg?1
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn that sucks! I wonder how that happened? I'm glad Geissele took care of it for you though. It seems they have a no "BS" type of warranty (regardless where you acquire their product) which is awesome. I'll have to take a closer look at the one I got because I bought mine second hand.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 11:06:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Damn that sucks! I wonder how that happened? I'm glad Geissele took care of it for you though. It seems they have a no "BS" type of warranty (regardless where you acquire their product) which is awesome. I'll have to take a closer look at the one I got because I bought mine second hand.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Geissele is the epitome of awesomeness!
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 11:08:16 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View Quote
Yea, not really sure how that happens. This was over a year ago that I received that trigger, maybe even two years Im not sure. I think it was my 2nd purchase from them. Ive since accumulated much more Geissele gear including a rail and other assorted goodies. Shit, I bought like 3 Geissele triggers this past weekend alone.

ETA: They prob threw it in the blem pile and I had the chance to buy it back at half price
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 11:13:38 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Yea, not really sure how that happens. This was over a year ago that I received that trigger, maybe even two years Im not sure. I think it was my 2nd purchase from them. Ive since accumulated much more Geissele gear including a rail and other assorted goodies. Shit, I bought like 3 Geissele triggers this past weekend alone.  

ETA: They prob threw it in the blem pile and I had the chance to buy it back at half price
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea it was hard to not buy more as well with the sale they had. I had just bought a new SD-C a week ago from a member here for a good deal then a few days later they were $15 cheaper on Geissele's sight because of the sale. Oh well, still got a deal either way. They really are nice products.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 11:14:17 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No... your avatar is!

ETA: Awe, he changed it back!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top