Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/28/2015 10:26:18 PM EDT
Hey guys!

I'm new to the forum and new to ar's. I just bought my first ar-15, which is a national Armory BEAR.

Link deleted

I was thinking about getting a colt 6920 until I found this, and it seemed like a steal of a deal (Generally $1,500 but $750 on black Friday). I talked to the guys at the store and both said that they believed that the BEAR was most likely the better rifle, but that they didn't know a whole lot about the 6920. Becausethey told me it was a great gun and I didn't want to miss a great deal, I bought the BEAR.

Just out of curiosity, I'm wondering now if I actually purchased the better of the two rifles. The link I provided has all the specs of the BEAR, but because in pretty new to ar-15's I wasn't sure what the specs actually meant.

If you could let me know which is the better rifle, that would be awesome!

Thank you in advance and I'm sure that I'll be back soon!

Ryder

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:28:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like you bought a POS rebranded shit gun from a group of tards

Nobody doesn't know Colt 6920's that's in the game. They downselled you on a turd because they found a sucker.

And Shill

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:30:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Hang on, I need my popcorn
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:30:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I am afraid the Colt would be better and $750 for an ar right now I kind high.

Welcome to the site btw.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:31:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

And Shill
View Quote

Careful homie, last time we went this route VA gave us both a timeout.

Somebody grab my jacket, it's shilly as fuck in here.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:31:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

And Shill
View Quote

My bet as well...
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:41:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
they didn't know a whole lot about the 6920.
View Quote

Assuming you're not a shill - this statement would give me great pause... and I would stop going to that gun store.  

The 6920 has been in production for over a decade and is, frankly, the semi-automatic version of the M4, and this was well known long before they started marking 6920s with "M4 Carbine."  

If they don't know much about the 6920... sorry, but I basically would equate that to "don't know much about ARs."  

Based on the "specs," at best, you're basically getting a rebranded Spike's, and at $750 in today's market is not horrible, but not the best you could have done by a long shot for what you got.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:45:29 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:51:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Welcome to arfcom.

That's a pretty shilly first post. I laughed quite a bit.

Really people that have never heard of the 6920? I've only been in the game for a few years and could tell you all about it.

Hope you're happy with the purchase.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:57:13 PM EDT
[#9]
If a store really told you they didn't know about colt ar's you should post said stores name / location

So everyone in florida knows to never do business with them.

If you won't provide store name then all i can say is i don't believe a word.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:00:18 PM EDT
[#10]
"Doesn't know much about Colt ARs..."
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:00:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Did they use lube or did they go in dry? because someone sure got plucked and i'm sure it wasn't the seller.
Do yourself a favor and never go back to that store.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:06:14 PM EDT
[#12]
"Threads are Cut Concentric to the Bore"

F that. I only like my threads angled.
Any company that list this as a feature should be avoided
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:20:37 PM EDT
[#13]
They sold you a no-name rifle for the same price as a Colt.

Did you at least get a kiss?

If you're not a shill learn your lesson and ask here first.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:28:39 PM EDT
[#14]
I need a sweater, it's shilly in here.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:37:27 PM EDT
[#15]
I would have bought the Colt. I'd rather have a rifle made by people that have been in the business for a century than some no-name POS company.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:41:31 PM EDT
[#16]
In!
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:50:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Well I know that the 'National Armory' brand name is just the store because they assemble the gun in store with their gun smiths. So I figured that that didn't mean it was bad, just custom. Do the specs look bad, or not up to par with the 6920? Now I'm pretty concerned about it because they told me that it had some really good parts in it that were very reliable. Is this not the case with those specs?

Thanks for the quick response guys. I appreciate it.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:54:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Welcome to the forum.

next time do some research before you buy.

I've been working on AR's since the 1980's and never heard of "National Armory" except for this post.

searched ARFCOM for "National Armory" and nothing except this thread comes up.

Here's the deal.

There are more AR makers and parts today then ever before.

everybody wants to make and sell AR15's because they are popular now.

It doesn't take much skill to assemble them, they are the LEGOs of the gun world.

So any gun shop can jump thru a few bureaucratic hoops and become a "manufacturer "

A lot of stuff is just re-branded

...but COLT is a name everyone knows, even gun haters, hollywood types, and little kids.

They've been making the AR15 since 1963 ( SP-1)

the specs on your rifle sound pretty good.  

( actually, it sounds pretty much like the same text as spikes carbine, which ain't bad )

http://www.spikestactical.com/st15-16-m4-le-carbine-p-387.html

Who knows what kind of customer service you'll get in 5 years, will these guys still be in business ?

What about resale value ?

this is the place to ask questions, do more research before you spend any more money.

now go buy some PMAGS and 55gr brass cased FMJ, and  shoot the hell out of it and report back

welcome aboard
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:56:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Oh and I didn't mean to make it look like I was advertising the gun.. I just wanted to give you the background of it and all of its specs.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:57:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Well I know that the 'National Armory' brand name is just the store because they assemble the gun in store with their gun smiths. So I figured that that didn't mean it was bad, just custom. Do the specs look bad, or not up to par with the 6920? Now I'm pretty concerned about it because they told me that it had some really good parts in it that were very reliable. Is this not the case with those specs?

View Quote

This is why people should stop listening to salesmen and listen to ARFCOM.

I didn't look at the specs but if it's a rebranded Spikes AR you should be just fine.
Again without looking at the specs, Spikes rifles are good to go. But as far as standard AR-15's go, Colt is the gold standard. Anybody that tells you otherwise is a nitwit, and I don't even know what a nitwit is.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:58:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I've been working on AR's since the 1980's and never heard of "National Armory" except for this post.

searched ARFCOM for "National Armory" and nothing except this thread comes up.

View Quote

Give him time, he just got started on the marketing today...

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 12:01:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Both brands sound like shit to me.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 12:03:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Thanks a lot! You say it sounds a lot like the spike's.. That is what they told me in the store, and that it was similar and used many of the same pieces. Is the spike's a pretty good gun then? I read some about spike's before I bought it and it looked like it was a pretty well-respected brand, and that's one of the reasons I purchased the gun. Anything I should be wary of?

By the way, I really appreciate your response. It wasn't just a 'you got suckered' response! Hahha although i very well may have been!
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 12:06:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Once again, if they claimed to not know much about the 6920, they either lied to you to sell you their rifle, or they have no idea what they're doing or talking about.  

That being said, assuming the "specs" list is correct, it's not a bad list of parts.  Like I said, it frankly sounds like they ordered a bunch of lowers with their information on it, and their "gunsmith" assembled them in the back.  The fact that the upper has a Melonited gas tube and they use a Spike's BCG makes me think that they're probably using other Spike's parts.  

Basically, it's nothing special, and it's a no name put together, and you can't really tell where those parts came from, so it's hard to verify their specs.  

FWIW, this is the guy, apparently, that put your rifle together:

National Armory is the one stop shop for everything concerning firearms. We have a fully operational and outfitted machine shop. The Gunsmith shop is operated by a highly experienced Master Gunsmith Joshuah Yauch
emphasis added

http://www.nationalarmoryllc.com/#!gunsmith-josh-yauch/cet8

The bigger issue is these guys most likely flat out lied to you in order to sell you said no name put together rifle, or allowing for the best case scenario, the counter kid didn't know much about the 6920, meaning they probably didn't know much about ARs - and rather than simply telling you so, and seeing if there was someone who was conversant in ARs to talk to you about how their rifle compared to the 6920, just parroted the company line that their rifle was awesome and sold it to you.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 12:08:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Most gun dealers and like used car dealers

...say anything to make a sale.

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 12:08:51 AM EDT
[#26]

Holy.

Shit.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 12:12:00 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Once again, if they claimed to not know much about the 6920, they either lied to you to sell you their rifle, or they have no idea what they're doing or talking about.  

That being said, assuming the "specs" list is correct, it's not a bad list of parts.  Like I said, it frankly sounds like they ordered a bunch of lowers with their information on it, and their "gunsmith" assembled them in the back.  The fact that the upper has a Melonited gas tube and they use a Spike's BCG makes me think that they're probably using other Spike's parts.  

Basically, it's nothing special, and it's a no name put together, and you can't really tell where those parts came from, so it's hard to verify their specs.  

https://static.wixstatic.com/media/1a8166_381ab9ec630549ea864061afeb3d49ac.png/v1/fill/w_224,h_286,al_c,usm_0.50_1.20_0.00/1a8166_381ab9ec630549ea864061afeb3d49ac.png
emphasis added

The bigger issue is these guys most likely flat out lied to you in order to sell you said no name put together rifle, or allowing for the best case scenario, the counter kid didn't know much about the 6920, meaning they probably didn't know much about ARs - and rather than simply telling you so, and seeing if there was someone who was conversant in ARs to talk to you about how their rifle compared to the 6920, just parroted the company line that their rifle was awesome and sold it to you.  

~Augee
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://static.wixstatic.com/media/1a8166_381ab9ec630549ea864061afeb3d49ac.png/v1/fill/w_224,h_286,al_c,usm_0.50_1.20_0.00/1a8166_381ab9ec630549ea864061afeb3d49ac.png
National Armory is the one stop shop for everything concerning firearms. We have a fully operational and outfitted machine shop. The Gunsmith shop is operated by a highly experienced Master Gunsmith Joshuah Yauch
emphasis added

~Augee

His spelling qualifies him as a gunsmith.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 12:12:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Thanks a lot! You say it sounds a lot like the spike's.. That is what they told me in the store, and that it was similar and used many of the same pieces. Is the spike's a pretty good gun then? I read some about spike's before I bought it and it looked like it was a pretty well-respected brand, and that's one of the reasons I purchased the gun. Anything I should be wary of?

By the way, I really appreciate your response. It wasn't just a 'you got suckered' response! Hahha although i very well may have been!
View Quote

Hit the quote button instead of the reply button.

No problem though. But no I have no worries whatsoever with spike's stuff. Everything I've seen from them has been good to go. I would get a hold of the shop and see what all is and isnt spikes on this gun. in this case the more spike's parts the better, And next time buy a Colt.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 12:17:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 12:19:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 12:21:26 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

"Custom Part Fabercation"
View All Quotes

110 percent chance he was smoking a blunt while assembling the OP's rifle.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 12:31:00 AM EDT
[#32]
Somebody please take this and do a full AAR.

~Augee
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 12:34:02 AM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 12:36:11 AM EDT
[#34]
Does National Armory go bankrupt every three years? Did they back the "assult weapons" ban in 1994? Are they invested in "smart gun" technology? If not they are not like Colt at all. Enjoy!
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 12:42:44 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

No problem though. But no I have no worries whatsoever with spike's stuff. Everything I've seen from them has been good to go. I would get a hold of the shop and see what all is and isnt spikes on this gun. in this case the more spike's parts the better, And next time buy a Colt.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you! I realized after I reposted that I did that incorrectly! But okay cool.. That doesn't sound as bad as I thought it may have been. I'm going to try to return it (I'm still on the 5 day waiting period so I think I can) and hopefully buy the colt. I really, really appreciate these responses. Can't thank you enough!
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 12:44:13 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Thank you! I realized after I reposted that I did that incorrectly! But okay cool.. That doesn't sound as bad as I thought it may have been. I'm going to try to return it (I'm still on the 5 day waiting period so I think I can) and hopefully buy the colt. I really, really appreciate these responses. Can't thank you enough!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You will probably get charged a bullshit restocking fee, but having the peace of mind of a Colt is well worth it in my opinion.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 12:54:26 AM EDT
[#37]
All shills aside, the specs look decent.  The only thing I noticed spec wise that's not up to mil-spec is the 6061 buffer tube.  Should be 7075.  You overpaid by a lot though, especially for Black Friday.  Your discount price should be the normal retail price.  Asking $1500 for a no name basic AR in this market is insane.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 1:02:59 AM EDT
[#38]
The specs look all right, if they're actually being truthful in listing them.  At $750 it's a fair price, $1500 is a joke.

What I really can't understand is why they would say they don't know anything about a 6920, how any company could sell AR's and not be aware of Colt 6920's is almost unbelievable.

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 1:20:41 AM EDT
[#39]
I'm glad I could have been a part of this thread before it was locked.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 2:02:37 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is one of those rare times a waiting period has worked out for the buyer. If you get hit with the restocking fee so be it, but I wouldn't turn around and spend any more money for a Colt, Spikes, or any other rifle there. Find another gun store; one that either isn't completely full of it, or completely incompetent.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 2:14:45 AM EDT
[#41]
With the Colt, at least you know what youre getting.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 2:17:12 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Hey guys!

I'm new to the forum and new to ar's. I just bought my first ar-15, which is a national Armory BEAR.
View Quote

View Quote

I was thinking about getting a colt 6920 until I found this, and it seemed like a steal of a deal (Generally $1,500 but $750 on black Friday). I talked to the guys at the store and both said that they believed that the BEAR was most likely the better rifle, but that they didn't know a whole lot about the 6920. Becausethey told me it was a great gun and I didn't want to miss a great deal, I bought the BEAR.

Just out of curiosity, I'm wondering now if I actually purchased the better of the two rifles. The link I provided has all the specs of the BEAR, but because in pretty new to ar-15's I wasn't sure what the specs actually meant.

If you could let me know which is the better rifle, that would be awesome!

Thank you in advance and I'm sure that I'll be back soon!

Ryder
View Quote

Sounds like one is a POS and the other a Colt

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 9:54:21 AM EDT
[#43]
With the internet and all the research you can do, why would anyone buy a no name wannabe...  Anyone selling guns and ARs that doesn't know what a 6920 is should be sell cars instead.....
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 10:22:14 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
"Threads are Cut Concentric to the Bore"

F that. I only like my threads angled.
Any company that list this as a feature should be avoided
View Quote

Reads like a Century AK spec sheet
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 10:27:10 AM EDT
[#45]
Welcome to Consumer Reports for AR's. Sorry we do not accept advertising
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top