Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2015 9:09:42 PM EDT
I am trying to figure out if a Syrac Ordnance clamp on style gas block will fit under a Larue handguard. I spoke with a guy at Larue and he said that most clamp ons will not but in comparing it with the set screw version it looks like the dimensions are very similar. Anyone else had an issue with this or can give me some insight. Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 9:41:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I have to imagine it would fit.  I have 2 Syrac Gen 2 clamp-on blocks and they are very low profile.  One is under a Troy M-Lok rail the the other is under an ALG EMR V2.  They both fit with plenty of clearance.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 2:23:58 AM EDT
[#2]
The syrac set screw gas blocks are only slightly larger than a standard low-profile gas block from Rainier Arms or VLTOR.

Last time I looked Syrac had dimensions on their website under each product listing.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 5:06:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I am trying to figure out if a Syrac Ordnance clamp on style gas block will fit under a Larue handguard. I spoke with a guy at Larue and he said that most clamp ons will not but in comparing it with the set screw version it looks like the dimensions are very similar. Anyone else had an issue with this or can give me some insight. Thanks!
View Quote

I would compare the Syrac's specifications to the SLR Sentry 7 adjustable gas block with set screws. The diagram is on their product page. I have the SLR and a LaRue rail. What I found out is that you can't slip the rail over the gas block with it already installed. The ass end of the rail opening is too small at least for the SLR. What member Apparition suggested (which worked) is to loosely install the rail so it can be moved around the barrel. Install the gas block after the rail goes on and then move it around so you can access the set screws. After the gas block is in place, move the rail back and tighten it down to the nut. Problem solved.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top