Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/28/2015 4:21:12 AM EDT
Looking at the Geissele SSA or SD-C since lots of members here use and like Geissele thought I would try one.

I have two complete AR's a fracken rifle and a SigM400 pistol both with factory LPK.

I would like to up grade either one to test if the Geissele trigger is worth the $.

Have 3 striped lowers and if I like the Geissele then these 3 will get the same model Geissele also.

These will be for training, HD and duty use.

Just cant decide between these tow triggers. I suck at searching on here and would love any info you guys can give me.

Thanks

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 4:58:51 AM EDT
[#1]
SSA
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 5:04:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Another vote for the SSA.  However, I am interested in trying the Larue MBT on my next build.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 5:23:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I've got the ssa e on my ar10. Love it. The super 3gun is awesome as well.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 5:37:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Larue MBT
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 8:30:03 AM EDT
[#5]
SSA

Then all of those rifles you mentioned will have one.

My first upgrade trigger was an LMT 2 stage, and I thought I had really stepped up.  

That trigger resides in my least shot rifle in the back of one of the safes, now.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 9:02:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 9:17:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Larue MBT
View Quote

too much creep. It has more than all my other SSAs/SSEs/DMR/NM
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 9:24:44 AM EDT
[#8]

THIS!
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:13:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Franklin Armory BFS
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:59:04 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Looking at the Geissele SSA or SD-C since lots of members here use and like Geissele thought I would try one.
These will be for training, HD and duty use.
Thanks

View Quote

People have vastly different opinions about this, but my personal preference for a trigger that MAY be used in the defense of your home or during the dispatching of "bad guys" while on duty, is that I prefer a single stage trigger.  I could tell you why I prefer a single stage trigger, but your thread would suddenly turn into a shitstorm with all the "experts" out there arguing why this trigger is much better than that trigger, etc.

Let me add that IMHO, you probably shouldn't go with too light of a trigger pull on any rifle you may be aiming at a human being, whether in your home or on duty.  Adrenaline can cause a finger to put more pressure on the trigger than a shooter intends to.  Just some food for thought.  I would want no less than a 3 lb. pull (and preferably around 4 lbs.) on a trigger for a rifle to be aimed at human beings.

YMMV....good luck in your quest for the right trigger.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:59:05 AM EDT
[#11]
I have Geissele SSAs in 6 of my ARs and LaRue MBTs in 2 of them. I can't tell the difference. They are both excellent.

Geissele has a 25% off sale going. Primary Arms has 30% off sale. Geissele will give you a swag pack whereas Primary won't. So if you care about a hat and sticker then buy from Geissele.

Geissele claims the G2S has the same feel as the SSA. Those will be on sale Monday for $115.

EDIT: If you think you may want 3 triggers buy them on sale. Install one and try it. If you like it you save some money. If you don't like it you can sell them and pocket $25-50 a trigger if you wait until after the holidays.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:25:13 PM EDT
[#12]
I agree with ordering them all now while they're on sale and dumping them on the EE in a month or two if you decide you don't like them.

Personally I would get the G2S for $115 delivered on Monday. Great trigger for the money, same feel as the SSA.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:50:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Another vote for the SSA.  Or if you just a little lighter a SSA-E.  Enjoy.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:55:49 PM EDT
[#14]
SD-E

It is PERFECT
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:45:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Another vote for the SSA.  Or if you just a little lighter a SSA-E.  Enjoy.
View Quote

What he said.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:54:44 PM EDT
[#16]
HD and duty use, SSA.  It's what Geissele recommends.  I have one and think it's a great trigger, definitely worth the money.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:20:48 PM EDT
[#17]

He's right ya know.jif
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:54:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Wilson Combat TTU. It's a single stage which I prefer and is rated for duty and competition at 4 lbs. pull. I have one in a 7.62 and another on the way for 5.56 thanks to Black Friday pricing.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:23:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:46:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Larue MBT
View Quote

+1, LF
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 4:00:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 4:19:50 PM EDT
[#22]
A 125 MBT is impossible to beat.

Not sure why the above poster said he could detect creep.  Both of mine feel 95% as crisp as my tuned DMR triggers.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 4:19:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Seeing how this is a tech forum, it would be nice if you guys could describe WHY OP should pick one trigger over another. Simply giving him your favorite brand isn't very helpful.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 4:20:13 PM EDT
[#24]
You can't go wrong with Geissele.  I picked up a Geissele S3G for one of my builds.  In the past I've picked up some RRA two stage varmint triggers when they had a big sale on them ($60ish vs $120) for some of my cheaper builds.  They're nicer then a stock trigger, enough so that you can figure out which lower has them installed over the stock trigger group.  But I feel Geissele is far above RRA so you shouldn't have any regrets if you go with them, especially with the crazy low price they have them going for right now.

BTW Geissele = smooth pull, crisper break.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 4:32:30 PM EDT
[#25]
SSA
Larure MBT
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 5:07:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
SD-E

It is PERFECT
View Quote

I put one in my son's AR. It's amazing.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 5:19:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Not sure why the above poster said he could detect creep.  Both of mine feel 95% as crisp as my tuned DMR triggers.
View Quote

I ordered one on the Taste of Texas sale at that price.  The website says my order is still on back order If you don't mind waiting for Larue to catch up on orders, I've heard nothing but good things about the MBT.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 5:50:10 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I ordered one on the Taste of Texas sale at that price.  The website says my order is still on back order If you don't mind waiting for Larue to catch up on orders, I've heard nothing but good things about the MBT.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm waiting on two of those myself. That will bring me to 4 MBT's!

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:28:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's scary to hear.  Right now I have 4 AR's with USGI spec triggers...if it's that good I'm going to have to get three more and a new wife haha
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:35:44 PM EDT
[#30]
I'd say try the G2S first and see if you like the Geissele trigger (same feel and pull as the SSA)  On sale for $115

I have both the SSA and the G2S and they are both great triggers for the price.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 10:49:49 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

That's scary to hear.  Right now I have 4 AR's with USGI spec triggers...if it's that good I'm going to have to get three more and a new wife haha
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

To be fair I have the following triggers:

MBTx4

SD-C

SD3G

S2S

B-GRF

BRO-DITx2 (debadged and sold as Blue triggers)

JARD

JARD Adjustable x2

RRA NMx2

RRA Varmintx2

Armalite National Match

CMMG 2 stage

ALG enhanced

and of course several standard triggers from different manufacturerers.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:39:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I'd say try the G2S first and see if you like the Geissele trigger (same feel and pull as the SSA)  On sale for $115

I have both the SSA and the G2S and they are both great triggers for the price.

View Quote

This is my vote but make sure you jump on the sale right away if you want that $115 price.  I'm sure they will sell out quickly.  If you get the G2S at the sale price, you can easily sell it for a tad more than you paid if you don't like it.  I'm going to get a couple of the G2Ss to compare to my SSA.  They supposedly have the same feel but the G2S is cheaper (other slight differences as well).

I like my Geissele triggers but I also like my $140 CMCs, $130 Velocity, $60 ACT and even my $35 PSA enhanced.  They all serve a different purpose.  In my opinion, I think the SSAE is too light for a duty/ home def type rifle.  I like my 4lb triggers or even the 6-6.5lb ACT/ PSA enhanced triggers, all single stage.  The SSAE is great for my rifle that only sees bench duty.  I got in on the $125 MBT deal and bought 2 but it's not looking like I will get them any time soon to try out.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 12:33:32 AM EDT
[#33]
SSA

Friend has an SD-E.  I don't like flat bow, and this one is too light for your purposes.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 12:54:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Thanks for all the replies.

Im used to just running standard mil-spec triggers.
I have thousands of rounds through M4's in training and carrying one as a contractor for 2 years in Iraq
Never had any issues with them but you guys are always saying how nice these Geissele's are thought I would try one

Looks like the only one left id the SSA:
http://www.primaryarms.com/gat-ssa/p/gat-ssa/
The GS2 is at a great deal which why is out of stock, sucks I was ready to buy two at that price

So what exactly is the difference between the GS2 and the SSA?

The description on Geissele website states that the GS2 has a different way of holding the hammer pin in place and there is no laser marks and only spot checked for MP

What does that mean to me as the end user as far as reliability, durability?

Again thanks for the great replies, this is why I buy a member ship here
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 1:44:15 AM EDT
[#35]
The G2S goes on sale at the Geissele website Monday morning.  It will show out of stock until then on the Geissele website.  

Quoted:
Thanks for all the replies.

Im used to just running standard mil-spec triggers.
I have thousands of rounds through M4's in training and carrying one as a contractor for 2 years in Iraq
Never had any issues with them but you guys are always saying how nice these Geissele's are thought I would try one

Looks like the only one left id the SSA:
http://www.primaryarms.com/gat-ssa/p/gat-ssa/
The GS2 is at a great deal which why is out of stock, sucks I was ready to buy two at that price

The description on Geissele website states that the GS2 has a different way of holding the hammer pin in place and there is no laser marks and only spot checked for MP

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 12:32:54 PM EDT
[#36]

Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 12:39:42 PM EDT
[#37]
The GS2 for $115.50 from PA is the best deal you'll ever find in triggers.
I bought one for a friend and another for me just to have at that price.
If you can't get one at that great price, the SSA for $155 is recommended.

I'll add it to my collection that includes

several SSAs (5 or more)
one GS2
Timney 3 lb SS (great for shooting from bench or prone)
POF 4.5 lb SS
un-badged BRO SS (2)
Ruger 2 stage (2)

The Geissele SSA/GS2 is my favorite out of all I've tried.

Joe
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 1:14:09 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

It's batch tested and it uses a D ring retainer.  The feel is the same though and the D ring is not a deal breaker.  Like I mentioned, I have both and could not tell the difference.

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 2:06:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 4:12:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Hmmm,

- batch tested -

... perhaps I should offer "batch tested" as a discount, in lieu of full price for 100% tested ?

And this is why I buy a membership.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's batch tested and it uses a D ring retainer.  The feel is the same though and the D ring is not a deal breaker.  Like I mentioned, I have both and could not tell the difference.

Hmmm,

- batch tested -

... perhaps I should offer "batch tested" as a discount, in lieu of full price for 100% tested ?

And this is why I buy a membership.

Go randomly grab one that's untested for me and I will swing by Mon to pick it up.  I'll let you know if it's any good!!!  

Can't hardly wait to get the 3 MBT's  Nutro and I ordered.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top