Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2015 12:06:07 AM EDT
1-I have seen people selling detentes and spring kits in Stainless steel for about the same price as steel .. Are there any problems with using them or any special precautions with the 2 dissimilar metals ???
Does really have any advantages or just a look think ??
2-I have been building my gun and I was thinking of getting extended take down pins but are they really practical for normal use or just get in the way ??
3-Right now I have DPMS lowers parts kit and trigger . I was looking to upgrade the trigger to the Fallout or Velocity triggers or  possible to build or make a better trigger set up than the 2 triggers posted for less money  ?????Does anyone make one already done for under $100 ??
4-Do you have dimple your barrel when using a set screw gas block ???
5-I was looking to get a Magul Collapsible stock in mil spec but I don't the money for that but is there a cheaper option with a stock ,buffer,spring, and extension tube ??
6-How do you choose a Buffer for a 16" mid length with a carbine stock and does it make a difference what muzzle brake I use ???
7-On BCG is it better to have a chrome line key and carrier for the bolt or Nitrite ???
8-I live in NJ and I need to pick up some mags with 15 rounds or less and whats a good but cheap company to get them from??
9-Does metal mags tear up the mag well ??

Thanks for the help
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 12:36:36 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

1-I have seen people selling detentes and spring kits in Stainless steel for about the same price as steel .. Are there any problems with using them or any special precautions with the 2 dissimilar metals ???

Does really have any advantages or just a look think ?? What detents? Are you talking about the pivot/take down pins? Use whats in your parts kit.  detents in an AR15 are internal and aren't seen.

2-I have been building my gun and I was thinking of getting extended take down pins but are they really practical for normal use or just get in the way ?? Gimmick. Makes it easier to push the pins out. But that's what bullets/keys/sticks/rocks/push pins are for if they are tough.

3-Right now I have DPMS lowers parts kit and trigger . I was looking to upgrade the trigger to the Fallout or Velocity triggers or  possible to build or make a better trigger set up than the 2 triggers posted for less money  ?????Does anyone make one already done for under $100 ??  ALG ACT trigger. It's just a fine tuned mil-spec trigger. No experience with the others you posted

4-Do you have dimple your barrel when using a set screw gas block ??? No

5-I was looking to get a Magul Collapsible stock in mil spec but I don't the money for that but is there a cheaper option with a stock ,buffer,spring, and extension tube ??  Magpul stocks are pretty affordable. But if you can't swing it, go with a standard carbine stock. Buffer tubes- Go with a reputable manufacturer such as BCM, VLTOR, LMT, LaRue, and a few others. "Milspec" buffer tubes preferred. IIRC, you must have a muzzle device permanently attached per state law. Check you state law. ADCO Firearms is the go-to business here for pin welding muzzle devices.

6-How do you choose a Buffer for a 16" mid length with a carbine stock and does it make a difference what muzzle brake I use ??? "H" buffer will suit you fine.  IIRC, you must have a muzzle device permanently attached per state law. Check you state law. ADCO Firearms is the go-to business here for pin welding muzzle devices.

7-On BCG is it better to have a chrome line key and carrier for the bolt or Nitrite ??? Chrome lined phosphate BCGs have been the standards since pretty much since the beginning of time. Nitride is good also. I tend to go whichever is cheaper (phosphate) as both are good.

8-I live in NJ and I need to pick up some mags with 15 rounds or less and whats a good but cheap company to get them from?? Magpul 10rnd mags. Or Hexmag http://www.wisetactical.com/firearm-accessories/magazines-accessories/rifle-magazines/hexmag-15-30-15-round-223-5-56-magazine-co-nj-legal/

9-Does metal mags tear up the mag well ??  No
Thanks for the help

View Quote

Blue

Link Posted: 10/14/2015 3:06:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Blue

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Does really have any advantages or just a look think ?? What detents? Are you talking about the pivot/take down pins? Use whats in your parts kit.  detents in an AR15 are internal and aren't seen.
Ok I was plan on using the stock one but I was looking to get spares just in case and both are the same price .
2-I have been building my gun and I was thinking of getting extended take down pins but are they really practical for normal use or just get in the way ?? Gimmick. Makes it easier to push the pins out. But that's what bullets/keys/sticks/rocks/push pins are for if they are tough.
I was looking to get them cause I always clean my gun after shooting and this would make my life easier
3-Right now I have DPMS lowers parts kit and trigger . I was looking to upgrade the trigger to the Fallout or Velocity triggers or  possible to build or make a better trigger set up than the 2 triggers posted for less money  ?????Does anyone make one already done for under $100 ??  ALG ACT trigger. It's just a fine tuned mil-spec trigger. No experience with the others you posted
I was still thinking of modding a stock trigger for a custom job
4-Do you have dimple your barrel when using a set screw gas block ??? No
Ok
5-I was looking to get a Magul Collapsible stock in mil spec but I don't the money for that but is there a cheaper option with a stock ,buffer,spring, and extension tube ??  Magpul stocks are pretty affordable. But if you can't swing it, go with a standard carbine stock. Buffer tubes- Go with a reputable manufacturer such as BCM, VLTOR, LMT, LaRue, and a few others. "Milspec" buffer tubes preferred. IIRC, you must have a muzzle device permanently attached per state law. Check you state law. ADCO Firearms is the go-to business here for pin welding muzzle devices.
I found a deal on magpul kit with buffer tube and spring

8-I live in NJ and I need to pick up some mags with 15 rounds or less and whats a good but cheap company to get them from?? Magpul 10rnd mags. Or Hexmag http://www.wisetactical.com/firearm-accessories/magazines-accessories/rifle-magazines/hexmag-15-30-15-round-223-5-56-magazine-co-nj-legal/
I saw them but was seeing if I could get some P mags or something else for a good price.

Thanks for the help

Blue

Responded in REd
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 5:44:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Take a look at this build kit from PSA...

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-defender-moe-lower-build-kit-no-ambi-safety.html

I has everything needed to build your lower, including Magpul MOE furniture, and an upgraded trigger.

For another $20, you can get it with an ambi safety if desired.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 6:26:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Most of the LPK's on the market are using garbage zinc-plated detents that corrode in moisture.  You can coat them in TW25 or another type of grease to deter corrosion, but the TDP calls for cadmium-plated detents, and those are what are in military guns.  I learned this the hard way in Arctic conditions running high volume training.

The extended takedown pin is nice if you have a tight receiver fit.  I've not used them, but the ones I have seen are convenient.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top