Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/3/2015 9:06:09 PM EDT
What type of accuracy should I expect?  I'm currently getting 2 in groups with m 855 at 50 yds. I've tried many types of m193 and even some match grade ammo with only slightly better results.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 9:38:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I assume you are talking about the actual match barrel and not just the freedom ss? Either way either should shoot better than that.

Bipod? Rear rest? Optic? Trigger?

2" at 50 sounds like a milspec trigger with m855 and m193 and just resting on a bag. How is your trigger control? Have you let any else try a group?

Link Posted: 10/3/2015 10:30:27 PM EDT
[#2]
How good do you shoot?  855 is milspec ammo so if you want match results buy match ammo, if you bought match grade ammo and are only shooting 2 moa at 50 yards....you're probably a 4 moa shooter, contrary to what many on ARFCOM will tell you not everyone is Carlos Hathcock.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 9:29:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Should be better. I get 2 MOA or better on average from my BCM ELW barrel at 100 yards with Perfecta .223. I also use a bench rest and a 3-9x vortex scope. And I have spent a lot of time and effort on my trigger pull.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 10:59:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Go down your check list:
1. Optics/sights tight?
2. Ammo correct? Match for match, bulk for blasting.
3. Fundamental marksmanship (position/rest, sight alignment/sight picture, breathing, trigger control, follow- through)
4.Check barrel nut, bore, crown, gas key, gas block

At 50m you should be getting better than 2 inches even with M855.

With a mil-spec trigger I tell people to dry fire practice 300 times with it dry, then clean and lube bearing surfaces with a good grease.
If you can dry fire with a dime on your FH 20 of 20 times, without it falling off, it's not a trigger control issue.

GL
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 9:56:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Well I finally got around to making a rear bag and re-shooting this rifle for groups. TLDR rear bags make a huge difference and my rifle hates Wolf Gold.  Problem solved, thanks for the suggestions.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top