Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2015 7:53:29 AM EDT
Anyone had any of their equipment? Quality? Thinking about buying one of their 300 BLK uppers?
labopr
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 8:48:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I have their 7.62x39 barrel looks well made and shoots great. I'd say gtg
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 8:50:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Curious too as aim has them for sale cheap.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 10:54:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Their stuff is good to go. I decided to give them a shot after their rep brought some products by the shop a few times that looked nice.

I am running their 8.5" blackout upper suppressed and it has been 100% delivering great accuracy.

Check Primary Arms, they are one of their big distributors and often have great prices on their stuff.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 10:55:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't have any personal experience or dog in the fight but I would do a search on here.  Something tells me I read a thread somewhere about the barrel extensions coming loose from the barrel, but it could have been a different company altogether.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 11:38:23 AM EDT
[#5]
I say they are good to go, great if your on a budget

I purchased a 10.5 upper with their in house slick tube rail. I have had the upper for about 6 months now and have put a little over 500 round through it, I have changed out the rail and the muzzle device and have had no issues.

If you do some research they had an issue with their melonite process, basically they were installing the barrel extensions, then meloniting them. So when people went to take off the muzzle device the barrel would come loose form the extension.
Radical said that it was some employee that was cutting corners and the issue is fixed, like I said no problems with removing and installing a muzzle device on mine. (did it last month)

Was impressed with the quality of their in house rails was expecting ebay china quality, if it wasn't so wide I would have kept it on the upper.

hope this helps.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 3:48:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I have one of their 10.5" 5.56 barrels and just starting shooting a 8.5" 300 barrel.

The 5.56 is as reliable as any other gun. Eats anything and is very accurate out to 250 (that's as far as I've shot with it).

I can't say much about the 300 barrrel since I've only had it in my gun for about 2 months. But for the 200-300 rounds that it has seen, it has been very accurate also.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 3:51:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't have any personal experience or dog in the fight but I would do a search on here.  Something tells me I read a thread somewhere about the barrel extensions coming loose from the barrel, but it could have been a different company altogether.
View Quote

Have seen two personally. One was a 5.56 upper, the other a 300BO. Don't know if it was them or someone else (not sure if they do their own barrels) but it is a known problem and has been discussed here before. Radical is like the Taurus of uppers it seems.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 9:27:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Only people that seem to have any problem are those that do not support the barrel when working on the muzzle device. So if a person uses the correct methods and tools there is no issue.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 10:48:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Only people that seem to have any problem are those that do not support the barrel when working on the muzzle device. So if a person uses the correct methods and tools there is no issue.
View Quote

The extension should not come loose if the FH and extension are both torqued correctly even without supporting the barrel.  But it is obvious that this is not done correctly all the time so that is why i will avoid them and go with something I know will be right.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 11:15:26 PM EDT
[#10]
You could always forgo getting a firearm from any ofthe companies that do everything they can to meet a price-point. If that's not an important consideration to you, then you can't really go wrong with any of the various companies. If you want something you may have to depend on, I'd recommend considering a company who cares most about rock solid reliable quality.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 11:23:21 PM EDT
[#11]
I can tell you my 7.5" RF upper in 5.56 has been running fine for a year and a half now although the gas block was loose when I got it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 7:28:23 AM EDT
[#12]
OP you really should do a Radical search, more than a handful of threads concerning them and how they have handled their issues.  Saving a few dollars isn't always the prudent approach.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 8:40:42 AM EDT
[#13]
I purchased a 10.5 300 blackout upper a while back from them. Always shot great both suppressed and unsuppressed. Only ever shot it at the indoor range(25yrs) but the one time i sighted the red dot on it the grouping was tight.

I did upgrade to a rainier 10.5 upper but only because my 8.5" rainier setup has been flawless at 1000rds of both supers/subs suppressed or not and i feel confident in that so i replicated a 10.5" upper. I sold the radical barrel and seekins rail and tossed in a 16" barrel so i could have a spare 300 blackout setup on a non sbr lower.

Overall I was happy with the $280 upper but i don't think i would of trusted it for something like SHTF scenarios..home defense absolutely..just not sure if the gun could take a beating or not, never tested.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 9:12:44 AM EDT
[#14]
have several of their products.  All good to go.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 9:30:04 AM EDT
[#15]
I got a 300 upper with several burs in tbe chamber that would stick cases. RFs suggestion to me was to take it to a local gunsmith and have him home it. $40 later and now my brand new upper would cycle reliabily.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 7:27:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Buddy got one and it had multiple problems.

- Firing pin broke
- Bolt Broke (in half)
- Barrel came unscrewed from extension

... it was pretty inexpensive though.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 7:53:35 AM EDT
[#17]
I got one of their 5.56 barrels from Primary Arms during one of their sales and it has given me no problems so far. Other people have had issues with Radical barrels, but I haven't.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 12:29:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Both of the ones I've had, had the extensions come loose changing the FH.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 1:06:25 PM EDT
[#19]
They work great for 700rds, after that your past the 90 day warranty

Link Posted: 10/5/2015 1:57:17 PM EDT
[#20]
I heard about the common problems people were having with Radical uppers, so i got an upper without the bcg, and in the "special instuctuctions" when i ordered, I told them the leave the flash hider loose to ease in swapping it. I got an 8.5 pistol upper in 300 blk, about 500 rds through it, and have had no issues with it so far.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 2:46:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Mixed reviews but seem to mostly be bad.  Personally, I wouldnt take the chance on them at this point.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 3:07:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Buddy has one of their 600$ guns. Problems began with the buffer tube coming loose causing the buffer retainer to go AWOL in the receiver effectively locking the gun up until broken loose with a good bit of motivation. Took it to radical and had it repaired. Within 40 rounds the next range trip the problem occurred again. It was determined that the buffer tube was out of spec so buddy filed some material off and staked the nut. No issues with that since. As far as the upper goes it is extremely over gassed so much so that it ejects at 12.30-1.30. Needless to say it won't be going back to radical.

I'd stay away. And I'm from Texas
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 3:08:55 PM EDT
[#23]
^^^^ that guys bolt broke in half.... So there's that
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 3:17:33 PM EDT
[#24]
They have a problem on their ARs with the castle nut backing off the buffer tube.

I think we can all guess why...

They don't stake it. Otherwise my buddy has one and he has had no other issues other than the one I mentioned. I sighted it in for him at 100 yard with iron sights and it's actually pretty accurate.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 5:19:49 PM EDT
[#25]
I cannot understand for the life of me why so many people buy stuff from fly by night companies when there are tens of reputable manufacturers with decades of production under their belts.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 5:24:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I cannot understand for the life of me why so many people buy stuff from fly by night companies when there are tens of reputable manufacturers with decades of production under their belts.
View Quote

I think it's something every new AR enthusiast has to go through, kind of like not taking your parents' advice from experience, brushing it off, then exactly what they said happens, happens.

It's easy to be naive in this industry when you're new and fall for the miracle wizz-bangs/coatings/ cheap shitty parts etc. That's for sure.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 5:27:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top