Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/2/2015 11:21:35 PM EDT
So I have the opportunity to buy a Colt sporter competition flat-top HBAR pre ban. It comes with everything from factory.
What is the going price for this rifle? Its in perfect condition. 20" barrel, Removable carry handle. serial number is CH-001107.

Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 7:13:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So I have the opportunity to buy a Colt sporter competition flat-top HBAR pre ban. It comes with everything from factory.
What is the going price for this rifle? Its in perfect condition. 20" barrel, Removable carry handle. serial number is CH-001107.

Any help would be appreciated.
View Quote

That particular model is the R6700. Value is going to depend on what state you live in. In you are in a non-pre-ban state, the value will not be as much as it would be in a pre-ban state. In my opinion, the market value in a non-pre-ban state should be between $1000-$1200. In a pre-ban state, somewhere between $1600-$1800.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 10:36:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Hold on to it until the next big national crisis.  Sad but true.  It's a buyer's market right now in the AR world.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 10:43:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hold on to it until the next big national crisis.  Sad but true.  It's a buyer's market right now in the AR world.
View Quote

Gtfo with that crap.

The least you can do is read the post, he is buying, not selling.

op, what jrs93accord said is pretty accurate.  You could also check closed auctions on gunbroker to see how much they sold for to give you an idea.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 9:06:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Skimmed too fast, whatever.

As far as the question.....unless you live in a ban state, purchasing an old used pre-ban rifle at a ridiculous premium really makes no sense.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 9:22:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Yep, This pre ban rifle makes no difference to you unless you plan to resell it to someone in a ban state or someone who drinks Colt kool-aide.
If it doesn't have the funky oversize pivot pin and sear block maybe $600 to $700?
You can certainly build the equivalent for that.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 4:22:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Pre ban "Sporter"?  Without checking ser#s the "Sporters" came out right after the 80's AWB.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 10:16:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Pre ban "Sporter"?  Without checking ser#s the "Sporters" came out right after the 80's AWB.
View Quote

ban was 94
The Sporter models were out before the ban. I have the A2 ~version of the rifle he's talking about.

IDK about all the models but a lot had the bayo lug removed but still had flash hiders.
I guess this was colts way of trying to pacify the .gov everyone knew a ban was on the way.

http://www.biggerhammer.net/ar15/ar15serial.html
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:18:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

ban was 94
The Sporter models were out before the ban. I have the A2 ~version of the rifle he's talking about.

IDK about all the models but a lot had the bayo lug removed but still had flash hiders.
I guess this was colts way of trying to pacify the .gov everyone knew a ban was on the way.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ban was 94

Evil feature

I'm glad Colt decided to remove the STUPID receiver safety block.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top