Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2015 6:56:19 AM EDT
Anybody use the AR15 Jerry Miculek muzzle compensator?
I have heard mixed things about it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:42:48 AM EDT
[#1]
works fine
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:46:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I have used it extensively and I have used probably 8-10 other brakes which were designed solely for. Recoil reduction/competition. In my opinion it may not be the absolute best but it is absolutely the best bang for the buck.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:46:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Double post
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:53:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I've used one for about 10 years with good results... mine is fully threaded to be used without a lock nut...I perceive a softer impulse if the minor diameter drill needed to thread 1/2 x 28 is continued through the rear baffle... thread the entire boss area and clock with a shim... the pic is blurry, but you can see the diameter difference between the rear and front two baffles

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:15:56 AM EDT
[#5]
I've been using one on my 3 gun rifle for 4 years.  No complaints.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:42:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've used one for about 10 years with good results... mine is fully threaded to be used without a lock nut...I perceive a softer impulse if the minor diameter drill needed to thread 1/2 x 28 is continued through the rear baffle... thread the entire boss area and clock with a shim... the pic is blurry, but you can see the diameter difference between the rear and front two baffles

<a href="http://s825.photobucket.com/user/LesSnyder/media/DSC00296.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/zz180/LesSnyder/DSC00296.jpg</a>
View Quote

Thank you everybody for your input and to lysnder- nice mod. I'll consider it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:32:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Anybody use the AR15 Jerry Miculek muzzle compensator?
I have heard mixed things about it.
View Quote

I have one, it works pretty good....bad damn it's loud.  Even with ear plugs and muffs, it's pretty annoying.  I can feel it a little bit on my face every time I shoot.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:25:42 AM EDT
[#8]
It is cheap, effective and low.  There are better performing brakes, and ones that are fairly close but with less flash or sound.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:30:22 AM EDT
[#9]
it works really well

I'll post pics of my 3-gun rifle when i get home
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:35:07 AM EDT
[#10]
opps
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:25:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Nice double tap Derek45.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:39:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have used it extensively and I have used probably 8-10 other brakes which were designed solely for. Recoil reduction/competition. In my opinion it may not be the absolute best but it is absolutely the best bang for the buck.
View Quote

I agree wholeheartedly.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:37:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I agree wholeheartedly.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree wholeheartedly.

I concur.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 3:25:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

The absolute best bang for your buck is the same basic design on Amazon for $16.  The muzzle break YouTube vid proved this conclusively.  

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 5:25:54 PM EDT
[#15]
good for the price, and does its job. Watch out if you ever go to indoor ranges.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:49:43 PM EDT
[#16]

Couple of interesting articles from the USPSA/IPSC magazine FRONT SIGHT.

http://www.multigunmedia.com/pk-compensation.pdf

http://www.multigunmedia.com/ar15-comps-pt-2.pdf

I've been using the Jerry Miculek comp for years.  I think it works great on my 3-gun / coyote rifle.

I had it timed & installed by a riflesmith to eliminate the lock-nut

older pics....

...of course, this guy seems to run it well also...

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:24:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Loud but effective.  Not neighbor friendly at the range.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:38:57 PM EDT
[#18]
I use it on my long range rifle and it almost entirely reduces muzzle rise. Love it and cant beat the price.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 4:33:33 AM EDT
[#19]
No experience with the Miculek.

Here is the brake comparison winner.

PA M4-72

I chose this because of the comparison. It works great.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:40:20 AM EDT
[#20]
I have the Miculek on my LR308 and it works really good.
For the money, really good.
I like the PWS FSC30 also but more expensive.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 4:34:06 PM EDT
[#21]
It is the most cost effective brake of the bunch. Better ones cost more, for little gain.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 7:42:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Love love my 556 version. Very effective and low cost.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 10:54:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
It is the most cost effective brake of the bunch. Better ones cost more, for little gain.
View Quote

No it's not. It's like my post above is invisible lol.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 5:33:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It might as well be without a link.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 5:40:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A link to the YouTube video or the Amazon break?  Sorry, I would have but it's a 10 second Google. I just figured people who were interested would Google.

But ask and ye shall recieve.
linky link
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 7:03:32 PM EDT
[#26]
amazon is a great place to buy books dvds etc.,  but there's no way I'm putting a no-name brake on my rifle
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 8:31:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
amazon is a great place to buy books dvds etc.,  but there's no way I'm putting a no-name brake on my rifle
View Quote

Eh, no moving parts, doesn't go in the gun and it's easy to change. It's one of the best bang for the buck pieces of gear I have ever bought and if it ever gives me an issue I'll just take it off.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 9:54:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Eh, no moving parts, doesn't go in the gun and it's easy to change. It's one of the best bang for the buck pieces of gear I have ever bought and if it ever gives me an issue I'll just take it off.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Spend money on hotel, and match entrance fees, travel, etc, or a hunting trip, and have the fucker blow apart, now your shits fucked up and so is your 100yrd zero.

Make make an OK range toy, but life is too short for no-name amazon parts.

just my humble opinion.

Link Posted: 9/6/2015 11:53:39 PM EDT
[#29]
I like the Miculek comp, the Nordic Corvette, and the SJC Titan.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 5:48:07 PM EDT
[#30]
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipOu_No3LERzahq5O00VKbevgFvsGZUzfdT_Cdak
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipO9g3yfsqAkjlypQTyOTSPZNuGEbkUIubts91-x

fast fire with miculek comp iron sights free hand standing, and im not good nor compete. (cant get pics to work either have to use link)

target
stand

first time firing before adjusting iron sights, standing free hand 3round bursts. 25yrd setup both ranges.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 5:59:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Spend money on hotel, and match entrance fees, travel, etc, or a hunting trip, and have the fucker blow apart, now your shits fucked up and so is your 100yrd zero.

just my humble opinion.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

just my humble opinion.

I like your humble opinion Derek. I don't take much stock in the posts of most of the noobs myself.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 6:56:46 PM EDT
[#32]
It works well, and is reasonably priced. Works as well as the Rolling Thunder comp I've got. They're both loud as hell, with a fair amount of concussion to the sides. Not the friendliest brake for a static line.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 7:18:07 PM EDT
[#33]
So very tired of Jerry M. stuff sold  it all
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top