User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 26
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 9:50:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Samson-Dogg:

I can answer that because I've asked him several times. And I just bought 3 of the slings it comes with. It is an attachment that comes with an Eagle TAS-1 sling.
View Quote

And I think I've got an unopened TAS-1 around here somewhere too.

Thanks bud
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 10:40:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Engel12626:

Thanks bud
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I can answer that because I've asked him several times. And I just bought 3 of the slings it comes with. It is an attachment that comes with an Eagle TAS-1 sling.

Thanks bud

I actually just found a guy with 3 TAS-1 UMSS slings to fill out my mk12 cases. I couldn't believe it. I had one and had given up hope finding them. I need to get my SAM-R finished up. All the parts are laying there. Just need to put it together. Got distracted by my mk13 build.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 11:03:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Ayan/boltcarrier.com built USMC "East Coast" SAM-R

Link Posted: 1/19/2017 8:55:45 PM EDT
[#4]
what height rings are those ?
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 9:00:09 PM EDT
[#5]
what coating is on that barrel ? thanks

Originally Posted By jcrowl:

I used a Krieger 1.7.7 from Fulton Armory in mine, had CLE assemble it
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b328/jcrowl/IMG_0438.jpg
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 11:05:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Samson-Dogg] [#6]
If I remember right he's using the CLE SAM-R barrel. They are stainless. Beautiful barrel. I'm not for sure but there were pics of one a page or two back.
I talked to CLE when I bought mine because there was some confusion on the twist rate. The told me the real SAM-R's were 1:7. I was confused by the first page that says 1:7.7 so while I was talking to them I asked because they don't list a 1:7.7 for their barrels. They said they could do a 1:7.7 for me but the originals were 1:7. Not that it matters I think but I may go with the 1.7:7 since I'll be shooting mk262 out of this.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 4:44:56 PM EDT
[#7]
If I remember right he's using the CLE SAM-R barrel. They are stainless. Beautiful barrel. I'm not for sure but there were pics of one a page or two back.
I talked to CLE when I bought mine because there was some confusion on the twist rate. The told me the real SAM-R's were 1:7. I was confused by the first page that says 1:7.7 so while I was talking to them I asked because they don't list a 1:7.7 for their barrels. They said they could do a 1:7.7 for me but the originals were 1:7. Not that it matters I think but I may go with the 1.7:7 since I'll be shooting mk262 out of this.
View Quote

Good to know. I've been debating on which barrel I want to get. It's the last piece of the puzzle I have left. I've been leaning toward the BCM just to be a little different than everyone.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 9:16:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Couldn't remember if I cross posted this one over from the FB group, so here's a scan for you:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 9:22:48 PM EDT
[#9]
And for you SDMR guys, same book had what looked like SDMRs with ACOGs and interestingly what looks like a thread on can? This was James Gilliland and the Shadow Team folks. I've also talked with someone else who served with or in a nearby section, and he mentioned they basically had SDMRs, but later they were sent back for rebarreling and they went from a fluted 20" to an HBAR when they came back.

Oh, and he mentioned their rifles had KAC rails...

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 9:45:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:
And for you SDMR guys, same book had what looked like SDMRs with ACOGs and interestingly what looks like a thread on can? This was James Gilliland and the Shadow Team folks. I've also talked with someone else who served with or in a nearby section, and he mentioned they basically had SDMRs, but later they were sent back for rebarreling and they went from a fluted 20" to an HBAR when they came back.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/324426/15940481-10207383534736099-622773009416702334-n-130142.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/324426/15941505-10207383534656097-1415073097112109603-n-130143.JPG
View Quote
Book?
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 2:15:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By secretwheelman:
Book?
View All Quotes

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/324426/15940481-10207383534736099-622773009416702334-n-130142.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/324426/15941505-10207383534656097-1415073097112109603-n-130143.JPG
Book?

"How to be a US Sniper" or something along those lines. Was at the surplus store, started flipping through and tons of clone pics. Only a few AR based but the rest were M24/M40 etc stuff.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 9:40:12 PM EDT
[#12]

Krieger barrel for the win

Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:08:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: exhogflyer] [#13]
SAM-R and SDMR

Link Posted: 1/22/2017 7:01:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By MNRidesHonda:
http://i.imgur.com/RTJFBpK.jpg

Krieger barrel for the win
http://i.imgur.com/n2CfPsu.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/BELe7F0.jpg
View Quote

That's about as good of shooting as I've seen with an AR.  Way to go man.   Wisconsin made barrels FTW.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 5:53:28 PM EDT
[#15]

Thanks bud
View Quote
That's exactly what it is.

It works quite well, unlike the rest of the TAS-1.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 6:47:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Highlande2] [#16]
Getting there.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 7:59:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Where are you guys still finding those KAC rails?
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 8:02:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Highlande2:
Getting there.
http://i66.tinypic.com/5pepnp.jpg
View Quote

Looks like your done with the hard stuff.  It's all downhill from there
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 9:06:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 6:48:34 PM EDT
[#20]
http://i.imgur.com/2y79UB2.jpg
View Quote

I would give anything to have a nice place to shoot.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 11:19:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Alright fellow SAM-R nuts....I'm FINALLY getting ready to order my CLE barrel. Who is the go-to guy to install the KAC gasblock on my barrel, and install the barrel and KAC FF tube on my upper? It's a nerve racking thought to think I will have to send the KAC gasblock through the mail to someone I don't know and then wait until they mail it back. I am not so much worried about sending it to a reputable person or shop - but I am damn near getting an ulcer from the thought of the barrel, gasblock and KAC FF tube getting lost in the mail.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 11:20:26 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

Where are you located? I have 200 acres in NE Texas near Texarkana and you are welcome to come out and shoot with me anytime. I live in Fort Worth, but that is where the family farm is and where I go to shoot and get time in the woods.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 2:03:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By JarHead94:
Alright fellow SAM-R nuts....I'm FINALLY getting ready to order my CLE barrel. Who is the go-to guy to install the KAC gasblock on my barrel, and install the barrel and KAC FF tube on my upper? It's a nerve racking thought to think I will have to send the KAC gasblock through the mail to someone I don't know and then wait until they mail it back. I am not so much worried about sending it to a reputable person or shop - but I am damn near getting an ulcer from the thought of the barrel, gasblock and KAC FF tube getting lost in the mail.
View Quote

Ayan (boltcarrier.com) did the pinning and built my SAM-R upper. If you're looking for the best KAC gunsmith look no where else.

Do a Facebook search for "boltcarrier.com" and look for his page. He has some pictures of him piecing together my SAM-R upper.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 2:40:19 AM EDT
[#24]

Where are you located? I have 200 acres in NE Texas near Texarkana and you are welcome to come out and shoot with me anytime. I live in Fort Worth, but that is where the family farm is and where I go to shoot and get time in the woods.
View All Quotes

So you're gonna host a Tx Clone shoot, right?
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 10:33:57 AM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

What a great dilemma to have though. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time mine was sent off for pinning. A unicorn gas block and $500 Krieger in the hands of a delivery service really made me want to keep it local but I went with ADCO in the end. Hard to imagine there are many companies out there besides KAC that have pinned as many KAC FSGB's as ADCO has over the years. Ayan would be the only other person I'd trust the job to personally but I'm sure there are others. The shipping itself is just playing the odds like always. They're pretty good odds in your favor though with close to $1000 in insurance on it.

Pic thread:
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 10:58:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By mxdgood84:

What a great dilemma to have though. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time mine was sent off for pinning. A unicorn gas block and $500 Krieger in the hands of a delivery service really made me want to keep it local but I went with ADCO in the end. Hard to imagine there are many companies out there besides KAC that have pinned as many KAC FSGB's as ADCO has over the years. Ayan would be the only other person I'd trust the job to personally but I'm sure there are others. The shipping itself is just playing the odds like always. They're pretty good odds in your favor though with close to $1000 in insurance on it.

Pic thread:
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/272/32506697121_044763757c_o.jpg
View Quote
Absolutely the most nerve racking week of my life. The lady at the post office actually said "how much would it cost it to replace it".

I told her she couldn't.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 11:19:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Absolutely the most nerve racking week of my life. The lady at the post office actually said "how much would it cost it to replace it".

I told her she couldn't.
View Quote

awesome
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 11:26:59 AM EDT
[#28]
If anyone is looking at the Fulton Armory barrels they're 10% off right now.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 11:50:18 AM EDT
[#29]

I told her she couldn't.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mxdgood84:

Pic thread:
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/272/32506697121_044763757c_o.jpg

I told her she couldn't.

I'm about to go through the same thing as soon as my barrel gets here. I just ordered one from Fulton Armory.
MX looks beautiful!
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 2:48:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Ayan did my M110 gas block and you can look at that piece and just tell the amount of skill it takes to do one of those. That thing is built like a brick shit house. M110 block that is. The KAC fsgb is probably a little more standard but my point being Ayan knows his shit without a doubt. That's where I want mine to go if he will do it. He gets busy sometimes.
  As far as the mail goes that scares the shit out of me. The only recourse is insure it for 1000.00. If it gets lost I bet there is someone who would take 1000 for one. You wouldn't really be paying 1000 out of pocket you would just be getting back to where you were before your shit was lost. At the carriers expense of course.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 3:04:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Have anyone seen a KAC fsgb for sale anywhere? I still don't have any luck.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 3:53:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Ayan did my M110 gas block and you can look at that piece and just tell the amount of skill it takes to do one of those. That thing is built like a brick shit house. M110 block that is. The KAC fsgb is probably a little more standard but my point being Ayan knows his shit without a doubt. That's where I want mine to go if he will do it. He gets busy sometimes.
  As far as the mail goes that scares the shit out of me. The only recourse is insure it for 1000.00. If it gets lost I bet there is someone who would take 1000 for one. You wouldn't really be paying 1000 out of pocket you would just be getting back to where you were before your shit was lost. At the carriers expense of course.
View Quote
Matt @ ADCO did mine, and did it flawlessly.

He and Ayan would be my only 2 choices.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 5:46:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chenault] [#33]
I did mine on my sbr, pretty strait forward.  It's the same as a normal fsb....well the cost of screwing up is a little higher.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 7:13:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By chenault:
I did mine on my sbr, pretty strait forward.  It's the same as a normal fsb....well the cost of screwing up is a little higher.
View Quote
Fuck that noise.

If I screwed up one of these, I'd be damn near suicidal. 
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 7:38:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Fuck that noise.

If I screwed up one of these, I'd be damn near suicidal. 
View Quote

Living on the edge man.   With that said I'll send it to adco to install on my Sam-r barrel, it must be that age and wisdom thing
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 1:18:38 AM EDT
[#36]
View Quote
 CLE can do it all for you when you order their barrel.

I think that may be who I go with.

Can any think of a reason not to?  Didn't they build the first SAM-R rifles?

Just food for thought.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 1:21:52 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By chenault:

Living on the edge man.   With that said I'll send it to adco to install on my Sam-r barrel, it must be that age and wisdom thing
View Quote
I wouldn't let Steven Tyler do it either. 
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 11:46:33 PM EDT
[#38]

So you're gonna host a Tx Clone shoot, right?
View Quote

Dad and I are building a 500 yard range right now....not sure how many shooters I can host, though. But, if I get mine done before the weather gets stupid hot, I think we may be able to do something cool.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 11:50:37 PM EDT
[#39]

Ayan (boltcarrier.com) did the pinning and built my SAM-R upper. If you're looking for the best KAC gunsmith look no where else.

Do a Facebook search for "boltcarrier.com" and look for his page. He has some pictures of him piecing together my SAM-R upper.
View Quote

Ayan was my first choice, naturally, but he told me back in July after a lengthy phone chat that he absolutely didn't want to do it. My next choice, of course, is ADCO, but I was unsure if they would or could do it. Glad to know they can, but I may give Ayan one more try. He is a super guy. I was so excited about scoring the KAC gasblock that I talked his ear off,  but honestly, he acted just as excited about getting them for us. Helluva dude.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 1:05:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MNRidesHonda] [#40]
Two is one and one is none

Link Posted: 2/2/2017 4:33:45 PM EDT
[#41]

http://i.imgur.com/ed8LL38.jpg
View Quote

You've reached some sort of zen status I can't quite comprehend with two of those front sights in your possession.  Obi Wan has nothing on you.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 1:30:03 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By JJREA:

You've reached some sort of zen status I can't quite comprehend with two of those front sights in your possession.  Obi Wan has nothing on you.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JJREA:

I will gladly buy one off you
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 8:08:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: schaz42] [#43]
View Quote

Why don't you just send it to CLE, they did my barrel and pinned the GB, seems like a no brainer.

William
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 10:42:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: nightshade1] [#44]
[deleted for thread cleanliness]
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 11:50:38 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By nightshade1:
]http://www.imagebam.com/image/48e652530428544]

[What the heck is this site's problem? It doesn't accept images from imgur or imagebam]

Another SAM-R MOD-C[civilian]  I wanted a longer range toy and didn't quite feel like stepping up to 308. but I don't have access to anything further out than 200yds anyway. I wasn't going to spend the money on the real KAC front sight either. The GG&G front sight base fills the same functions and comes in far below $200. The rail...again, the price and effort to find a KAC handguard were not worth it to me, so a MI gen-2 one-piece rail went on. I'm not going to be putting a real scope on it either, so I guess it's not going to be a true SAM-R clone but more a hybrid. I'm waiting for Burris to have their fastfire rebate again and put a AR-536 on it. Also going to be installing a Hiperfire EDT3, hopefully today. Sling and bipod TBD. it will probably end-up with a Streamlight scout light.
View Quote

Thats a sweet spr, but there is nothing Sam-r about it.  Clone builds aren't just the configuration but the parts used, they are specific.  Cool rifle and I'm sure she's a shooter.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 12:34:00 AM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

I must have two and a half!

Cause it's a picture thread...

Link Posted: 2/12/2017 1:07:20 AM EDT
[#47]
i would gladly buy one of those gas blocks off you.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 2:40:11 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 1:13:42 AM EDT
[#49]
I'm on a clone kick right now too, trying to save up tons of parts, just picked up another mk4 112633 for under 900 for future sam-r build, I'd be interested in a unicorn gas block as well, seems like I was about 6 months late reading this entire thread.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 8:55:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Finally in the SAM-R club. Excuse the shitty phone pic but it was dark outside. I still have to level the scope but here she is.
[/URL]" />
Page / 26
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top