BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 26
Posted: 7/29/2015 12:54:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M249_junky]
I know there have been a few threads on the USMC Squad Advanced Marksman Rifle over the years. Word is there were only about 100 ever fielded but it is still a cool build.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/389104__ARCHIVED_THREAD____Show_us_your_SDM_R.html&page=1

The SDM-R specs. Per Wiki that I can only assume some of the guys here contributed to.

The original test weapon was a modified M16A4 rifle with a free-floated 1:7 stainless steel match grade heavy barrel, a "M1913 modular rail system" (this most likely implies the use of the Knight's Armament Company Free-Floating Rail Adapter System) and an M16A1 trigger assembly (semi and full-auto functioning). A number of day optics were used initially, which included Hensoldt Blitz, Leupold CQ/T, ACOG, Leupold TS-30A1 and ultimately the Leupold TS-30A2. The test night optic was the AN/PVS-17B, apparently now being fielded with USMC combat units though the AN/PVS-22 is preferred.

The later SAM-R was roughly a modified M16A4 pattern rifle:

• Upper & Lower Receivers: The lower and upper receivers are standard M16A4. The SAM-R has a standard M16A1 single-stage trigger installed, which allows limited use as an automatic rifle, ammunition permitting (See Mk 262 Mod 1), but there also have been examples using Knight's Armament (henceforth referred to as KAC) two-stage match triggers. The SAM-R is also equipped with a PRI M84 Gas Buster charging handle system and a Norgon ambidextrous magazine release.

• Barrel: The barrel is a 20 in (510 mm) long 1:7.7 in (200 mm) twist match grade stainless steel barrel, manufactured by Compass Lake Engineering from Krieger blanks. Current SAM-Rs are equipped with 'chipped' flash suppressors to allow attachment of the KAC M4 quick-detach sound suppressor, while earlier examples were fielded with standard compensators.

• Sights & Optics: For iron sights, the SAM-R uses the KAC 600-Meter flip-up rear sight. The first SAM-Rs used a custom Quantico-built gas block with bayonet lug and Picatinny rail on top. A KAC flip-up sight was mounted on that rail. Some intermediate models used separate gas blocks and barrel attached bayonet lugs. Current rifles are built with a special KAC-made gas block that has both a flip-up sight and a bayonet lug. The issued day optic is the TS-30A2 (military designation for Leupold's Mark 4 M3 3-9 x 36 mm MR/T Illuminated riflescope) mounted with ARMS #22 high rings, the same configuration used with theMk 12 Mod 0/1 SPR, though more recent photos indicate the four-power Marine Corps Rifle Combat Optic ACOG is also used at times. The folding front sight mentioned earlier was designed for use with the AN/PVS-22 Universal Night Sight.

• Handguard: The SAM-R uses the KAC Free-Floating Rail Adapter System, which provides a modular mounting location for all types of equipment. SAM-Rs are usually seen with Harris swivel bipods attached to this rail via ARMS #32 throwlever mounts.

ETA Posted the wong pic and adding more info.

Per request I'm adding in the Army SDM-R rifle to the thread as well.

Specifications[edit]

• Barrel: The 1:7 twist, 20-inch (510 mm) barrel from the M16A2 and A4 were replaced with a stainless steel Douglas Barrels 1:8 twist, 20-inch barrel, with 12 flutes cut into the barrel to reduce weight. The front sight block was installed with 4 set screws instead of two taper pins. The SDM-R retained the A2-style flash hider.

• Handguard: Daniel Defense M4 Rail 12.0 handguard, with an octagonal aluminum collar locking it to the upper receiver. The handguard provides a free-floating Picatinny rail forend.

• Bipod: A Harris S-L bipod attached to an ARMS #17 throw-lever rail mount was mounted to the underside of the handguard. Since the handguard was free-floating, it did not come into contact with the barrel, and any pressure from the bipod on the handguard did not deflect the barrel.

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 1:23:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 1:30:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: the-answer-is-42] [#2]
Yay...a clone thread with an EVEN HARDER to find part than the MK12!

Does anyone have any photo proof of this:

The first SAM-Rs used a custom Quantico-built gas block with bayonet lug and Picatinny rail on top. A KAC flip-up sight was mounted on that rail.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 1:48:44 PM EDT
[#3]
" />

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Mattyvac:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mattyvac:

The first SAM-Rs used a custom Quantico-built gas block with bayonet lug and Picatinny rail on top. A KAC flip-up sight was mounted on that rail.

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 1:56:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: orpheus762x51] [#4]
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 2:05:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Also, one note to add to the parts list:

If anyone can turn up a source, that would be great, but I *swear* I heard the Marine Corps used some recycled S&B 3-12x50mm Gen II Mil-Dot scopes from the scout snipers on a few of the SAMRs.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 2:27:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Cool rifle. I have the front sight (NIB) , but probably going to use it on a URXII-based shorty.

Pic thread:

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 2:41:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By orpheus762x51:
I am by no means discouraging anyone from pursuing their SAMR dreams, there is some food for thought in this article:

Marine brass endorses infantry plan to ditch M16 for M4

From the article (emphasis added):

From Larry Vickers:

IMHO, the SAMR is a platform that is trying to squeeze .308 performance out of a 5.56.  For the kind of range it is intended for, I think a shooter would be much more better equipped with a precision .308 AR.  If I were  trying to clone a precision AR, I'd be looking to do the Mk11 Mod 0, but that's just me---sorry if that is too much of a tangent.  

On the flip side, I do think the SAMR is a very sexy build and wish anyone interested in cloning it the very best of luck in finding the parts.

View All Quotes
I am by no means discouraging anyone from pursuing their SAMR dreams, there is some food for thought in this article:

To strike the enemy beyond the range of the M4 or even the M16, each Marine fire team already has an M27 Infantry Automatic Rifle, which in semi-auto with its free-floating barrel and precision trigger also now doubles as the designated marksman's rifle. It's a role that will no longer be filled by the Squad Advanced Marksman Rifle, a match-grade M16 with a scope.

From Larry Vickers:

"Some argue beyond that the M4 carbine lacks effectiveness versus the M16, but the M16 is like driving a sports car with a six-cylinder engine," he said, because it is limited by the same small 5.56mm cartridge as the M4. "You can shoot 400 to 500 yards away, but you are still shooting a 5.56."

A longer barrel would make sense with a heavier hitting round like the .308, but unless Marines are given a larger caliber Vickers said the M4 is "bringing so much more to the table."

IMHO, the SAMR is a platform that is trying to squeeze .308 performance out of a 5.56.  For the kind of range it is intended for, I think a shooter would be much more better equipped with a precision .308 AR.  If I were  trying to clone a precision AR, I'd be looking to do the Mk11 Mod 0, but that's just me---sorry if that is too much of a tangent.  

On the flip side, I do think the SAMR is a very sexy build and wish anyone interested in cloning it the very best of luck in finding the parts.

I feel compelled to tell you that you're a party pooper.

Post your shit wheelman! Subbed.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 3:50:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Found this going through an old thread

Origonialy posted by R0N

From the Limited Tech Assessment

SAM-R 1

• Olympic Arms FIRSH free float tube

• Colt heavy barrel, chrome-lined, 1:7 twist

• No flip-up sights

• KMC scope riser rail

• KMC low profile scope rings

• Standard flash hider

SAM-R 2

• PRI specific parts (Free Float tube, charging handle, pop-up front sight)

• A.R.M.S. rear pop-up sight

• Krieger 20-inch Stainless barrel 1:7 twist

• A.R.M.S. SPR full length rail

• KMC low profile scope rings

• Standard flash hider

SAM-R 3 and SAM-R 5

• KMC Free Float Tube (FFRAS)

• Krieger 20-inch Stainless Steel Barrel with 1:7.75 twist

• KMC riser rail

• KMC scope rings

• KMC front folding sight

• KMC rear folding sight

• Standard flash hider

SAM 4

• KMC Free Float Tube (FFRAS)

• Douglas Chrome-moly Heavy Barrel with 1:8 twist

• KMC scope riser rail

• Badger low profile scope rings

• Standard flash hider

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 8:14:37 PM EDT
[#9]

Originally Posted By cowboy:

KAC should really make a few hundred dozen batches of the sights and rails for those.
View Quote
What fun would that be.

And just a thought 249, but we may get a little more traffic if you include SDM-R's as well.

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 8:17:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Progress thus far.

Barrel and gas block are en route to ADCO for pinning. Optics and a few small parts are still needed.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 8:25:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: orpheus762x51] [#11]
Jelly....  i haz it  

ETA:

QUESTION: Did the USMC ever put carbine or SOPMOD stocks on the SAM-R?
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 9:07:55 PM EDT
[#12]

Jelly....  i haz it  

ETA:

View Quote
The only ones I've seen all had A2's.

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 9:14:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By M249_junky:
I know there have been a few threads on the USMC Squad Advanced Marksman Rifle over the years. Word is there were only about 100 ever fielded but it is still a cool build.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/389104__ARCHIVED_THREAD____Show_us_your_SDM_R.html&page=1

The SDM-R specs. Per Wiki that I can only assume some of the guys here contributed to.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Marine_Corps_Squad_Advanced_Marksman_Rifle

The original test weapon was a modified M16A4 rifle with a free-floated 1:7 stainless steel match grade heavy barrel, a "M1913 modular rail system" (this most likely implies the use of the Knight's Armament Company Free-Floating Rail Adapter System) and an M16A1 trigger assembly (semi and full-auto functioning). A number of day optics were used initially, which included Hensoldt Blitz, Leupold CQ/T, ACOG, Leupold TS-30A1 and ultimately the Leupold TS-30A2. The test night optic was the AN/PVS-17B, apparently now being fielded with USMC combat units though the AN/PVS-22 is preferred.

The later SAM-R was roughly a modified M16A4 pattern rifle:

• Upper & Lower Receivers: The lower and upper receivers are standard M16A4. The SAM-R has a standard M16A1 single-stage trigger installed, which allows limited use as an automatic rifle, ammunition permitting (See Mk 262 Mod 1), but there also have been examples using Knight's Armament (henceforth referred to as KAC) two-stage match triggers. The SAM-R is also equipped with a PRI M84 Gas Buster charging handle system and a Norgon ambidextrous magazine release.
  • Barrel: The barrel is a 20 in (510 mm) long 1:7.7 in (200 mm) twist match grade stainless steel barrel, manufactured by Compass Lake Engineering from Krieger blanks. Current SAM-Rs are equipped with 'chipped' flash suppressors to allow attachment of the KAC M4 quick-detach sound suppressor, while earlier examples were fielded with standard compensators.
  • Sights & Optics: For iron sights, the SAM-R uses the KAC 600-Meter flip-up rear sight. The first SAM-Rs used a custom Quantico-built gas block with bayonet lug and Picatinny rail on top. A KAC flip-up sight was mounted on that rail. Some intermediate models used separate gas blocks and barrel attached bayonet lugs. Current rifles are built with a special KAC-made gas block that has both a flip-up sight and a bayonet lug. The issued day optic is the TS-30A2 (military designation for Leupold's Mark 4 M3 3-9 x 36 mm MR/T Illuminated riflescope) mounted with ARMS #22 high rings, the same configuration used with theMk 12 Mod 0/1 SPR, though more recent photos indicate the four-power Marine Corps Rifle Combat Optic ACOG is also used at times. The folding front sight mentioned earlier was designed for use with the AN/PVS-22 Universal Night Sight.
  • Handguard: The SAM-R uses the KAC Free-Floating Rail Adapter System, which provides a modular mounting location for all types of equipment. SAM-Rs are usually seen with Harris swivel bipods attached to this rail via ARMS #32 throwlever mounts.

ETA Posted the wong pic and adding more info.

<a href="http://s887.photobucket.com/user/txmod1911/media/USMC_M16_SAMR.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i887.photobucket.com/albums/ac74/txmod1911/USMC_M16_SAMR.jpg</a>

View Quote

Here's my contribution, the pic is old as it still had a Lauer lower on it that I sold to a friend, I and am currently milling out an FN A4 lower by member Braceman. Once I finish up milling/anodizing I'll post pics. Also, two things I'd like to add to the list/parts used: No SAM-R I ever encountered had a QDSS flash hider, they all wore an A2, and the Harris was also usually mounted via a Knight's bipod stud, the ARMS made it "ride to high."

The parts used are as follows:

Tactical Machinery lower w/ FN M16A4 engraving
Knight’s Two-Stage Match Trigger
Colt Lower Parts Kit minus FCG
Colt “Tick” Safety Selector F/A
Norgon Ambidextrous Magazine Catch
Colt A2 Buttstock Assembly

FN M16A4 Upper w/ FN Bolt Control Group
PRI Gas Buster Charging Handle
Compass Lake 20" Heavy SS NM Barrel
Knight’s Flip-Up Sight Gas Block
Knight’s Free-Float RAS
Knight's 600-Meter BUIS
Colt A2 Flash Hider

Leupold Mk4 2.5-8x36 M2 Illum. P/N 112633
A.R.M.S. #22 High Rings
PVS-14 NVG Mount
PEQ-2 Mount
Knight’s Push-Button Sling Mount
Knight's Bipod Stud
Harris Bipod 6-9” HBRMS w/ PODLOC
Turner Saddlery 54” Tan NM Sling

William
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 9:31:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Jelly....  i haz it  

ETA:

View Quote

None that I've seen. All A2's.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 10:18:14 PM EDT
[#15]
I knew I should have kept the KAC FSGB I had a few years ago. The SAM-R is the only 20" AR I would want to own.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 10:55:17 PM EDT
[#16]

From Larry Vickers:

IMHO, the SAMR is a platform that is trying to squeeze .308 performance out of a 5.56.  For the kind of range it is intended for, I think a shooter would be far better equipped with a precision .308 AR.  If I were  trying to clone a precision AR, I'd be looking to do the Mk11 Mod 0, but that's just me---sorry if that is too much of a tangent.  

View All Quotes

To strike the enemy beyond the range of the M4 or even the M16, each Marine fire team already has an M27 Infantry Automatic Rifle, which in semi-auto with its free-floating barrel and precision trigger also now doubles as the designated marksman's rifle. It's a role that will no longer be filled by the Squad Advanced Marksman Rifle, a match-grade M16 with a scope.

From Larry Vickers:

"Some argue beyond that the M4 carbine lacks effectiveness versus the M16, but the M16 is like driving a sports car with a six-cylinder engine," he said, because it is limited by the same small 5.56mm cartridge as the M4. "You can shoot 400 to 500 yards away, but you are still shooting a 5.56."

A longer barrel would make sense with a heavier hitting round like the .308, but unless Marines are given a larger caliber Vickers said the M4 is "bringing so much more to the table."

IMHO, the SAMR is a platform that is trying to squeeze .308 performance out of a 5.56.  For the kind of range it is intended for, I think a shooter would be far better equipped with a precision .308 AR.  If I were  trying to clone a precision AR, I'd be looking to do the Mk11 Mod 0, but that's just me---sorry if that is too much of a tangent.  

All this also applied to the Mk12, so no real need to reiterate it. The SAM-R and Mk12 were just evolutionary steps along the way of the continuing story of the M16 platform.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 11:03:07 PM EDT
[#17]

Originally Posted By secretwheelman:

What fun would that be.

And just a thought 249, but we may get a little more traffic if you include SDM-R's as well.

View All Quotes

KAC should really make a few hundred dozen batches of the sights and rails for those.
What fun would that be.

uuuggggg......fine....we will do both

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 11:20:59 PM EDT
[#18]

View All Quotes

What fun would that be.

No, "we" will do SAM-R's, "they" can do SDM-R's.

I'm not even gonna look for a DD m4.

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 11:30:37 PM EDT
[#19]

View All Quotes

What fun would that be.

Haha. I've actually been looking for one for about a month now. I've found a few of the 9.0 FSP but that's about it.

But the SAM-R is my priority.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 11:42:49 PM EDT
[#20]

Haha. I've actually been looking for one for about a month now. I've found a few of the 9.0 FSP but that's about it.    

View All Quotes

<snip>  

It's normally not my style, but I gave up looking for a old 12.0 a long time ago.

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 12:33:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: M249_junky] [#21]

It's normally not my style, but I gave up looking for a old 12.0 a long time ago.

View All Quotes

<snip>  

I used to have one.....granted it was back in '06.....................................................fuck me that was almost 10 years ago
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 2:50:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KGLaw] [#22]
Progress thus far.
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/vCkqZg" target="_blank">https://farm1.staticflickr.com/505/19445531313_a3f1e9de9c_o.jpg</a>

Barrel and gas block are en route to ADCO for pinning. Optics and a few small parts are still needed.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/1/2015 8:35:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Got an email from Steve this mornin'.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 8:57:58 AM EDT
[#24]

View Quote
Sweet how long till its done?

Link Posted: 8/1/2015 9:07:41 AM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

I'm still waiting on a Harris, pod-loc, KAC bipod stud, and gas tube to be delivered.

Just posted a WTB for a Norgon ambi-catch and a KAC 200-600m rear sight.

After that, it's time to save for a ts30a2.

Link Posted: 8/1/2015 1:28:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Per request from wheelman.  BCM SAM-R thats been in our "library" for a few years.  Waiting on 22H's from ARMS.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 1:32:19 PM EDT
[#27]

Originally Posted By RadOP:

Per request from wheelman.  BCM SAM-R thats been in our "library" for a few years.  Waiting on 22H's from ARMS.  

http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m580/rcmartin1/IMG_1536_zps4krbxauk.jpg
View Quote
Tell Mr. H I'll trade him a pair of #22's for a job.

Preferably "Librarian".

Link Posted: 8/1/2015 2:48:35 PM EDT
[#28]

Preferably "Librarian".

View All Quotes

Preferably "Librarian".

[email protected]  
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 3:30:52 PM EDT
[#29]
So where can i find a kac gas block front sight combo?  Is there a substitute thats available?
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 3:43:52 PM EDT
[#30]

Originally Posted By nchapa:

So where can i find a kac gas block front sight combo?  Is there a substitute thats available?
View Quote
EE, gunbroker, ebay, armslist, etc. They are rare, but they do occasionally come up.

No substitute. Unless you want to build the early version, which I'm sure is probably harder to find.

Link Posted: 8/1/2015 3:45:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By nchapa:
View Quote

No substitute. I got mine from Operation Parts. Put my email in their notification. Can't remember how long it took, but I had completely forgotten about it. One day I get an email that it was in stock. There was only one so I pounced.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 3:46:11 PM EDT
[#32]

[email protected]  
View All Quotes

Preferably "Librarian".

[email protected]  
I tried to apply for a position in the "Clone Dept." but that wasn't an option.

Put in a good word for me.

Link Posted: 8/1/2015 3:47:31 PM EDT
[#33]
There's a 12" DD M4 rail for sale on TOS.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 3:55:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: secretwheelman] [#34]

Originally Posted By StevieJ309:

View Quote
Wrong retaining ring, but for the price, I could overlook it.

ETA: After further review, I believe this is "octagonal" as well.

Link Posted: 8/1/2015 3:59:37 PM EDT
[#35]
I just ended up buying the 2-600 from Operation Parts. Tried getting it used for awhile, gave up. The offers I was getting, it was worth buying it new with their Military discount.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 4:04:41 PM EDT
[#36]

Originally Posted By Davey_Sickboy:

I just ended up buying the 2-600 from Operation Parts. Tried getting it used for awhile, gave up. The offers I was getting, it was worth buying it new with their Military discount.
View Quote
Not an option for me, but I got a quick bite on my WTB.

Waitin' to see how it goes.

Link Posted: 8/1/2015 9:11:45 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote
Link?

Link Posted: 8/1/2015 9:12:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M249_junky] [#38]

Double tap
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 9:19:35 PM EDT
[#39]

Link?  
View All Quotes

Link?  
PM sent.

Link Posted: 8/1/2015 10:32:01 PM EDT
[#40]
PM sent.

View All Quotes
Link?  
PM sent.

Wait until you have one with the correct collar and all the correct markings BUT has the website address as well....I took a while, but I traded someone for one that did not have the website on it...
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 11:26:18 PM EDT
[#41]

Originally Posted By gunnut003:
Wait until you have one with the correct collar and all the correct markings BUT has the website address as well....I took a while, but I traded someone for one that did not have the website on it...
View All Quotes

Link?  
PM sent.

If it had the right retaining ring, I probably would've bought it for that price. As it stands, I can live with a SAM-R being my only 20".
...for now.

Link Posted: 8/1/2015 11:42:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KGLaw] [#42]
If it had the right retaining ring, I probably would've bought it for that price. As it stands, I can live with a SAM-R being my only 20".

...for now.

View All Quotes
Link?  
PM sent.

...for now.

(NotSo)SecretDMRman

So I see your WTB advert is still up for the FF RAS.  Recce or Mod 1 next?
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 11:48:39 PM EDT
[#43]

Originally Posted By Hunterex:

(NotSo)SecretDMRman

View Quote
Recce.

Thinkin' about replacing my mk2 mod1 with it, slap on a BE Meyers and call it good.

Link Posted: 8/1/2015 11:58:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Recce.

Thinkin' about replacing my mk2 mod1 with it, slap on a BE Meyers and call it good.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hunterex:

(NotSo)SecretDMRman

Recce.

I kind of figured you were going to go that way.  If I ever get tired of the Mod 1 it'll go that route.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:01:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Isn't this the non-octagonal ring?

There seem to be quite a few variations on these rails in terms of markings and retaining ring.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:08:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: secretwheelman] [#46]

Originally Posted By cmcflex:

There seem to be quite a few variations on these rails in terms of markings and retaining ring.

http://pro-patria.us/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/M16A4-AMU.245190550_large.jpg
View Quote
That is what "they" refer to as octagonal. The round ring is the one I posted earlier.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:22:58 AM EDT
[#47]
That is what "they" refer to as octagonal. The round ring is the one I posted earlier.

View All Quotes

http://pro-patria.us/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/M16A4-AMU.245190550_large.jpg

Damn, you're correct. The closer I look it's octagonal, not round.

I scored a great-condition M4 12.0 FSP on Gunbroker a couple of weeks ago for $180. It has the round ring, though, and of course is not correct for this build.

I thought about doing a DEVGRU recce with it and a Lilja barrel and the KAC FSB gas block, but that seemed a little too hodgepodge. Decided to just put it on my M4A1 PR and wait for a FF RAS to do recce right.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:34:04 AM EDT
[#48]

I scored a great-condition M4 12.0 FSP on Gunbroker a couple of weeks ago for $180. It has the round ring, though, and of course is not correct for this build.

I thought about doing a DEVGRU recce with it and a Lilja barrel and the KAC FSB gas block, but that seemed a little too hodgepodge. Decided to just put it on my M4A1 PR and wait for a FF RAS to do recce right.
View All Quotes

After zooming in on the picture I posted, I think it's octagonal as well. The quality won't allow me to verify.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:02:19 AM EDT
[#49]
Different angle
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 8:40:33 AM EDT
[#50]

View Quote
I've never noticed that those were the same two guys.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 26
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top