AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:57:30 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Toolcraft doesn't make any bcg for the companies listed.  CMT makes stag/noveske (or used to... haven't kept up with Noveske in a few years) and Colt makes Colt BCGs.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That TOOLCRAFT BCG looks pretty damn good spec-wise. I have never heard of these guys before, so I'm leery about buying anything from them. I'm so used to only buying stuff from certain companies (Colt, Stag, Noveske, etc) that I tend to be skeptical about companies I've never hear about. But, once again, the specs are spot-on.

After doing some research, its not only possible but very likely that toolcraft makes the BCGs for those companies you listed.

Toolcraft doesn't make any bcg for the companies listed.  CMT makes stag/noveske (or used to... haven't kept up with Noveske in a few years) and Colt makes Colt BCGs.

Ahhh.....i stand corrected then.  I read some posts from others that said they had seen the toolcraft cage code BCG in their US Issue rifles overseas so i just assumed that they may have sourced Colt.  At any rate i think based on the experience of others and the listed specs for the toolcraft, i got a good deal for 88 dollars.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:59:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
That TOOLCRAFT BCG looks pretty damn good spec-wise. I have never heard of these guys before, so I'm leery about buying anything from them. I'm so used to only buying stuff from certain companies (Colt, Stag, Noveske, etc) that I tend to be skeptical about companies I've never hear about. But, once again, the specs are spot-on.
View Quote

It's been said that Toolcraft does OEM for some "brands" that we all know.  But due to strict NDA's unless someone breaks the law, we won't know who they are...  If they are good enough to be in the rifles that are used by our military all over the world, then they will work fine for me in whatever SHTF scenario I might face.

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 11:03:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Ahhh.....i stand corrected then.  I read some posts from others that said they had seen the toolcraft cage code BCG in their US Issue rifles overseas so i just assumed that they may have sourced Colt.  At any rate i think based on the experience of others and the listed specs for the toolcraft, i got a good deal for 88 dollars.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

After doing some research, its not only possible but very likely that toolcraft makes the BCGs for those companies you listed.

There are Toolcraft BCG's in use in military rifles. I had one, but I'm pretty sure they are used to fill in the void when Colt cannot produce enough.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 11:56:01 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
There are Toolcraft BCG's in use in military rifles. I had one, but I'm pretty sure they are used to fill in the void when Colt cannot produce enough.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Works for me and my PSA truck gun then.  

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 12:07:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Damage Industries Nickel Boron BCG, all coated except extractor for 105$ shipped, picked one up over the weekend,    www.damageIndustries.com
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 12:14:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I exclusively run DD, BCM and KAC BCGs. Though KAC BCGs are proprietary, so they are irrelevant in this discussion.

BCG and barrel are the two most important areas not to skimp on IMO.
View Quote

100% in agreement.

I have Colts in my Colts and my Bushys are running a BCM and an FN.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 12:48:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have the PSA Premium BCG in a lot of my builds and they have all been flawless.
View Quote

That's because PSA's "Premium" line is good stuff. Just like their Premium CHF barrels; that are some of the best shooting barrels I have and some of the tightest grouping barrels I've ever shot.

PSA Premium C-158's
Spikes standard
BCM standard
AIM's 9320 Nickel Boron bolts
AIM's V2 C158 Nitride bolts
Windham Weaponry standard C158
Colt standard bolts
All of the aforementioned are bolts I have a good deal of experience with and have never had a problem with any of them. I shoot hot IMI, PRVI, Federal Lake City, and Winchester 90% of the time. I trust mine, and my family's lives with them. From my experience I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. Go with what you know and stop worrying about it. Everything breaks eventually. So stock up on some quality bolts and plan/replace accordingly... Pick a known maintenance schedule and follow it. I like to change out bolts at 12-15K rounds for peace of mind. Changing at this interval I've never experienced a failure, yet! But it will happen sooner or later to me... YMMV

Edited for syntax;

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 1:54:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They have a replacement contract.  Also, they supposedly make them for FN.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 1:58:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Well i picked one up so i will try to remember and post a review when ive ran it for a while.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 1:45:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Bought two from Toolcraft myself Show of hands. How many others bought these? Came really close to getting a couple of those premium PSAs without the stamp but missed out. Week before that I missed out on 10$ 10 round Pmags from PA. Off topic I know. Just saying I hate missing a good deal!
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 1:59:03 AM EDT
[#11]
These BCGs are just too good to be true!  But, man, the specs don't lie, homie.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 8:47:04 AM EDT
[#12]
I felt the same way.  For 88 bucks im thinking about picking up about 4 more just as spares for all my rifles.  Feels like im cutting out the middle man
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 9:00:36 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Ahhh.....i stand corrected then. I read some posts from others that said they had seen the toolcraft cage code BCG in their US Issue rifles overseas so i just assumed that they may have sourced Colt. At any rate i think based on the experience of others and the listed specs for the toolcraft, i got a good deal for 88 dollars.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Toolcraft doesn't make any bcg for the companies listed. CMT makes stag/noveske (or used to... haven't kept up with Noveske in a few years) and Colt makes Colt BCGs.

Ahhh.....i stand corrected then. I read some posts from others that said they had seen the toolcraft cage code BCG in their US Issue rifles overseas so i just assumed that they may have sourced Colt. At any rate i think based on the experience of others and the listed specs for the toolcraft, i got a good deal for 88 dollars.

They are normally replacement parts.  I have seen their cage code on spare carriers in Afghanistan.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 9:53:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:06:39 AM EDT
[#15]

Didn't know this when I purchased but,

From their website, "Lifetime Warranty... Our products carry a lifetime, no questions asked, warranty.

Simply put... Should any of our products fail, return it to us for a brand new replacement."

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:09:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Bought two from Toolcraft myself Show of hands. How many others bought these? Came really close to getting a couple of those premium PSAs without the stamp but missed out. Week before that I missed out on 10$ 10 round Pmags from PA. Off topic I know. Just saying I hate missing a good deal!
View Quote

I have four total, three of the Nib and one of the phosphate coated.  I have not had any issues with any of the four that I have but my highest round count on one is only at around 1000 rounds. The machine work on them is fantastic if that's important to you, very little tool marks if any.  Toolcraft also makes a faceted version, which you are starting to see offered from a lot of different vendors.  I'm assuming Toolcraft is making some of these and putting the vendors name on them much like Aero does for other vendors with their lowers.

The lifetime warranty is nice if anything were ever to happen to one.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 5:41:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Are the premium PSA BCGs specd with a 8620 carrier? They don't list any info about the carrier.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 7:06:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 7:18:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Are the premium PSA BCGs specd with a 8620 carrier? They don't list any info about the carrier.
View Quote

All carriers are 8620.  It was the original mil spec.

That said, there are some unusual materials now such as titanium, etc.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 11:59:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I have four total, three of the Nib and one of the phosphate coated.  I have not had any issues with any of the four that I have but my highest round count on one is only at around 1000 rounds. The machine work on them is fantastic if that's important to you, very little tool marks if any.  Toolcraft also makes a faceted version, which you are starting to see offered from a lot of different vendors.  I'm assuming Toolcraft is making some of these and putting the vendors name on them much like Aero does for other vendors with their lowers.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

are the facets supposed to help with increasing reliability in the case of dirt, grime, and other contaminants  in the upper receiver?
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 12:34:05 AM EDT
[#21]
D
Quoted:

are the facets supposed to help with increasing reliability in the case of dirt, grime, and other contaminants  in the upper receiver?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the idea.  Not sure if it really helps but some people like the look and they are the same cost as the normal looking BCG at WC Armory.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 2:15:45 AM EDT
[#22]
After Action Review

My two Toolcraft BCGs arrived from WCA.Ordered on the 6th and arrived on the 9th. Very happy customer!Quality seems as advertised staking exc. Bolts seem a little stiff in the carrier. I will give them a good cleaning and give further updates. To the range!
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 2:20:12 AM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

I bought the Toolcraft carriers but wanted eveeryone to know that the PSA Premiums are still up for grabs for that price. Choice is yours.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 1:25:51 PM EDT
[#24]
I just bought two one a NIB from Precision Aero delivered for 116 (Veterans discount)  and a NIB E-BCG by Lantac from Rainier Arms for $230,not cheap, but I bought it for me and I'm good with it.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 2:00:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Does ToolCraft provide finishing services on BCG,s ?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top