Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/2/2015 10:05:31 PM EDT
If there is a ban,will we still be able to Buy parts for our rifles? Hope this is in right section. If not please move.
Sorry for dumb question
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 10:16:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Parts are parts. Priced accordingly.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 10:16:11 PM EDT
[#2]
ar  spare parts ban        I have nothing
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 10:24:43 PM EDT
[#3]
What I'm trying to get at is if ar15 ban comes back will we still be able to buy spare parts for our rifle? When the last ban happened were folks still able to buy spare parts?
I have been stocking up on 556 and I'm thinking of doing the same on parts for later on when I hand these rifles down to my children they will have all they need.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 10:24:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

They were all in that boating accident last summer

I'm sure you can still buy them but at an incredibly increased price...
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 10:32:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This ^^^^^^^

Do you remember the recent try at a ban?  Magazines were going for $75 each, cheap BCG's and lowers were going for $250 each and so on.  Handguards, sights, grips and etc... were available but it was the main parts that were hard to get and very expensive.  
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 10:53:00 PM EDT
[#6]
you realize that republicans control congress and the senate....no ban
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:00:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes. I'm just tripping right now with the possibility of hitlary possibly winning the election with her comments of bringing back a ban.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:11:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote

I remember when I believed that, not so sure today.

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:22:02 PM EDT
[#9]
During the last so called "assault weapons ban" you could still get parts for the rifles you already owned.  You just couldn't get new rifles as they are today.  Basically, you couldn't get the rifle configuration you wanted such as high cap magazines, bayonet lugs, flash hiders etc.  The rifles were neutered.  You could still get AR-15's but they just didn't have any of these features that made them "evil" and able to shoot entire neighborhoods of people with a single pull of a trigger as the media would have you believe.

If another ban happens, (because the first one was just so damned successful...sarcasm if you don't understand it...) will be much worse.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:24:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?  Melodrama much?
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:01:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hah! The majority of unconstitutional gun laws we have on the books are thanks to Republicans. If you think your guns are safe from conservatives, you're more ignorant than you can possibly imagine.

And yes, OP, no ban threads in the tech forums. This is a General Discussion topic.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:10:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

I forget...how long until the next election?
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:18:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Normally what they do with a gun control bill is "grandfather" in things. Basically anything prior to the point of when the bill is put into law will be available.

The big point on the last push for a strict gun control law in 2012-13 was that they wanted to remove any grandfather clauses. So it's entirely possible that such a ban could be put into place.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:43:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Normally what they do with a gun control bill is "grandfather" in things. Basically anything prior to the point of when the bill is put into law will be available.

The big point on the last push for a strict gun control law in 2012-13 was that they wanted to remove any grandfather clauses. So it's entirely possible that such a ban could be put into place.
View Quote

Yep, and states (e.g., NY) have instituted mag cap bans with no grandfather clause. My understanding is they told residents to either sell the mags or turn them in.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:45:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Hah! The majority of unconstitutional gun laws we have on the books are thanks to Republicans. If you think your guns are safe from conservatives, you're more ignorant than you can possibly imagine.

And yes, OP, no ban threads in the tech forums. This is a General Discussion topic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree that the republican party has a history of letting us down, but right now it's more pro gun than ever. Many dems (e.g., Harry Reid) are even afraid of the consequence of promoting gun control.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:22:08 AM EDT
[#16]
NO BAN THREADS IN TECH
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top