Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2015 9:33:42 PM EDT
I cant hardly find any info on these I am building a lightweight rifle. I am looking for some thing that I can put my hand on and not get burned since the kmr rail heats up sort of fast. I cant find any info about these at all and they look interesting.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:47:10 PM EDT
[#1]
That thing looks bulky as shit.  Just get a pair of Mechanix gloves and call it a day.  If not that, try some McNett Camo Form.   It's a lot slimmer, comes in a bunch of different colors/camo patterns and cuts down the heat to bearable levels with a couple layers.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:53:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Gloves are the solution to your problem.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 10:00:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I cant hardly find any info on these I am building a lightweight rifle. I am looking for some thing that I can put my hand on and not get burned since the kmr rail heats up sort of fast. I cant find any info about these at all and they look interesting.
View Quote
jeff:  I also don't like the feel of my bare hand on metal, so I wrap my free float handguards with 2mm Perlon cord.  Its lightweight, doesn't add much bulk to the circumference and it looks good.  - CW

http://www.amazon.com/Atwood-Microcord-Mosquito-paracord-Parachute/dp/B0071E98NI/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1435931827&sr=8-12&keywords=nylon+cord+2mm
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:56:52 PM EDT
[#4]
This is what you seek:

http://www.kearms.com/shtf-wrap

Works and isn't bulky at all.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top