Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 8:45:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Get rid of "Rifles, Uppers, Lowers, Barrels"
These are all tec discussions.
Otherwise what is left for AR Discussion after the picture threads are gone?
It will just be full of newbies posting "which rifle" topics.
View Quote

You do have a good point. I didn't look at it this way, I guess besides the pic threads and "hi I'm new here" the "which rifle" will be 90 percent of all we have.

I think your post should be payed attention to, moreso than mine, you got me second thinking my own answer.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 8:50:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

You do have a good point. I didn't look at it this way, I guess besides the pic threads and "hi I'm new here" the "which rifle" will be 90 percent of all we have.

I think your post should be payed attention to, moreso than mine, you got me second thinking my own answer.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Threads like which rifle should be broken down into the concepts that they are.  Picture comparisons are a good thing to compile too.  

It would be damn good to see the FAQ's built up better than they are now.  If they were we could easily link the faq with a numerical subsection answering the person question easily.  The picture threads would be great for showing what you have.  I think allowing for the picture thread chat concept we see a lot like in the mk18 thread where there are 900 pages of a mixture of chat and pictures is a good thing.  

Mostly I think attention spans are shrinking and every month we will see more people arriving that will say "I wunt new gun but 500 spending so wat 4 shooting"
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 9:13:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Threads like which rifle should be broken down into the concepts that they are.  Picture comparisons are a good thing to compile too.  

It would be damn good to see the FAQ's built up better than they are now.  If they were we could easily link the faq with a numerical subsection answering the person question easily.  The picture threads would be great for showing what you have.  I think allowing for the picture thread chat concept we see a lot like in the mk18 thread where there are 900 pages of a mixture of chat and pictures is a good thing.  

Mostly I think attention spans are shrinking and every month we will see more people arriving that will say "I wunt new gun but 500 spending so wat 4 shooting"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is a damn good idea. Like an alpha-numerical list that leads to a pre-made break down of factory rifles that can then be linked to the OP and compared.

That is some genius shit. Wanna know how I know you were infantry?

I hate those " wunt new guhn but onlee got 30 doll hairs to spehnd" threads.

Nick- I should probably add I wasn't being sarcastic, I was serious. It is a very good idea.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 9:15:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Any idea where they would get moved to yet?
I'm one of the guys that stay 99 percent in the clone/pic threads.
View Quote

this
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 10:40:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

That is a damn good idea. Like an alpha-numerical list that leads to a pre-made break down of factory rifles that can then be linked to the OP and compared.

That is some genius shit. Wanna know how I know you were infantry?

I hate those " wunt new guhn but onlee got 30 doll hairs to spehnd" threads.

Nick- I should probably add I wasn't being sarcastic, I was serious. It is a very good idea.
View Quote

Agreed.  
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 4:50:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I would be for a separate photo-thread forum.

I was just thinking this the other day, now I see this thread... So, yeah!
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 4:09:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I am definitely in agreement for a separate photo thread section. in the first two pages there's only a couple of actual discussion threads. The rest are all pictures. Now I like pictures, but when I come to the "AR discussion" sub forum, that's what I'm wanting to see and read. Just my two cents
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 8:25:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Can we we a like button for the picture forums?  If you like a picture just click like rather than making a posting saying that you like it the  5 others do the same thing now we have  half a page of comments and no pictures
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 8:53:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Can we we a like button for the picture forums?  If you like a picture just click like rather than making a posting saying that you like it the  5 others do the same thing now we have  half a page of comments and no pictures
View Quote

I have been a proponent of a +1 type button for a while.  

Many of the discussions about clones and what not are a mix of pictures and chat around it.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 9:13:17 PM EDT
[#10]
IMO, the picture threads are fine how they are now.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 9:17:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Many of the discussions about clones and what not are a mix of pictures and chat around it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The sig sauer board has this and it's awesome
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 9:39:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Many forums do.  They shouldn't accumulate or count for anything but should only be seen on the page where it was clicked plus one on showing the other people in the thread that others agree with what is said in that post.  

I would rather see someone say "buy a colt" with +17 by it rather than 17 parrots squawking to get a colt.  

also when I said that clone topics have discussion and pictures I didn't mean it in a bad way.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:33:28 PM EDT
[#13]
I am completely for a +1 button!
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 8:14:14 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Many forums do.  They shouldn't accumulate or count for anything but should only be seen on the page where it was clicked plus one on showing the other people in the thread that others agree with what is said in that post.  

I would rather see someone say "buy a colt" with +17 by it rather than 17 parrots squawking to get a colt.  

also when I said that clone topics have discussion and pictures I didn't mean it in a bad way.
View Quote

In usual Arfcom fashion, you'll likely get both.

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 12:48:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I agree, leave it alone. The reason they take up half the forum as you say is because they are popular.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are you looking for feedback?
Yes  

I am as much of a picture whore as anybody, and my pictures suck to boot.  A couple of the photo/discussion threads are mine.

But...

I like the threads, and they actually spawn some good conversation.

I would like to see it stay the same AND make them bigger like they used to be.

I agree, leave it alone. The reason they take up half the forum as you say is because they are popular.

This....
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top