BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/28/2015 12:31:57 PM EDT
Anyone have one of the new FN "Military Collector Series" M4s yet?  Do you have pictures?  I would like to see the roll stamps and UID markings.

I was looking at FN's site though and it lists it as having a 6 position stock, I thought they were supposed to be the same as their military line except for being semi only and having a longer (14.7 inc) barrel with a permanent A2 flash suppressor?  Is this a misprint?  Shouldn't it be 4 position?
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 1:41:07 PM EDT
[#1]
It's probably a 6 position.  I wouldn't worry about it and if it bothered me I would just swap in a 4 position tube.  Thankfully the swap is pretty easy to do.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 2:28:31 PM EDT
[#2]
"Military Collector Series" is just a gimmick to sell rifles, i'll stick to colt.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 2:34:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
"Military Collector Series" is just a gimmick to sell rifles, i'll stick to colt.
View Quote

Idk bro....I think they're pretty legit personally....
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 2:37:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 2:51:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yup, the various FN products I carried in the military were always good to me, and I have yet to see a reason why these FN mil series weapons would be considered crap, like many people here insinuate.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, the various FN products I carried in the military were always good to me, and I have yet to see a reason why these FN mil series weapons would be considered crap, like many people here insinuate.  

they arent crap. uninformed masses, yes.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 3:06:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 3:20:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Anyone have one of the new FN "Military Collector Series" M4s yet?  Do you have pictures?  I would like to see the roll stamps and UID markings.

I was looking at FN's site though and it lists it as having a 6 position stock, I thought they were supposed to be the same as their military line except for being semi only and having a longer (14.7 inc) barrel with a permanent A2 flash suppressor?  Is this a misprint?  Shouldn't it be 4 position?
View Quote

It's their FN-15 with a different barrel length and new roll marks.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 3:25:05 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote
I am curious about the mag well roll stamp, after using my "Google Fu" I can't find any pics of the left side. I did see one on Instagram, someone posted a pic under the NRA Show but now can't find it now! Also confused about the barrel length, I read someone were early on that they were going to have 14.5" with extended A2 hidder. Also very curious how the "faked" the evil third hole and if it will accept my RDIAS?

Link Posted: 4/28/2015 3:37:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I am curious about the mag well roll stamp, after using my "Google Fu" I can't find any pics of the left side. I did see one on Instagram, someone posted a pic under the NRA Show but now can't find it now! Also confused about the barrel length, I read someone were early on that they were going to have 14.5" with extended A2 hidder. Also very curious how the "faked" the evil third hole and if it will accept my RDIAS?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably just milled to look like a pin, like some people have done with their 80% lowers.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 3:38:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The rollmark is the same as on their military versions. Also, there is no fake third hole. The pictures they referenced are of their military versions that actually are select-fire.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 3:49:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think that they are crap...never handled one.  However my understanding (please correct me if I am wrong) is that FN civilian side cannot use any of the TDP that FN military has to build AR's.  The 2 parts of the company are supposed to be completely separate.  This FN military series should be well built like all FN stuff.  I do think they are marketing it in a way so people believe that it is built by the military contractor. "shrug"  It is a business after all.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 3:51:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The rollmark is the same as on their military versions. Also, there is no fake third hole. The pictures they referenced are of their military versions that actually are select-fire.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah, I hadn't seen the pics he was referring to, but I was thinking "Wow, they got really detailed if they did that...". Lol
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 3:59:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I don't think that they are crap...never handled one.  However my understanding (please correct me if I am wrong) is that FN civilian side cannot use any of the TDP that FN military has to build AR's. The 2 parts of the company are supposed to be completely separate.  This FN military series should be well built like all FN stuff.  I do think they are marketing it in a way so people believe that it is built by the military contractor. "shrug"  It is a business after all.
View Quote

That's right. Any company using distributed copies of the TDP must only use it to fulfill government contracts and can not use it to improve their own civilian-marketed product.

I still trust FN to turn out a quality product though.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 4:03:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

That's right. Any company using distributed copies of the TDP must only use it to fulfill government contracts and can not use it to improve their own civilian-marketed product.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't think that they are crap...never handled one.  However my understanding (please correct me if I am wrong) is that FN civilian side cannot use any of the TDP that FN military has to build AR's. The 2 parts of the company are supposed to be completely separate.  This FN military series should be well built like all FN stuff.  I do think they are marketing it in a way so people believe that it is built by the military contractor. "shrug"  It is a business after all.

yup....they know a thing or 2 about building a good rifle.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 4:42:43 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah but they have 2 different military roll marks I have seen, the older style and a newer style that strongly resembles current one use on there commercial rifles except slightly larger. My buddy who just retired has/had pics of his rifles over the years and 2 different styles exist.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 9:08:08 PM EDT
[#16]
I own a FN15.......Far from junk. Most of the bad stuff that gets said come from people with no first hand knowledge.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 9:19:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I own a FN15.......Far from junk. Most of the bad stuff that gets said come from people with no first hand knowledge.
View Quote

That's arfcom, and so appropriate for the OP.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 9:38:08 PM EDT
[#18]
For the record, i never said they were junk, i know they are on par with colt.  I was just talking about the name "military collector series" is just a gimmick period, 6 postion tube and 14.7" barrel with permanent fh are far from milspec.  

I am thinking about getting the 20" fn though .

eta: and yes i have played with fn, believe it or not i served even though i dont have a tank icon .  

Link Posted: 4/28/2015 9:42:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Are pictures of the rollmarks out there yet?
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 10:42:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Buy while you still can........
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:00:43 AM EDT
[#21]
I don't think that the FN rifles are junk, they are a tiny bit better than what is coming out of Windham Weaponry.

They are a good plinking grade rifle but they are not equal to Colt.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:09:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I don't think that the FN rifles are junk, they are a tiny bit better than what is coming out of Windham Weaponry.

View Quote

Any facts to back this up, or are you just giving up your opinion as fact?
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:20:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Lol at the Colt fan boys.

Colt doesn't even use CHF barrels, I'd rather have a PSA with a nice trigger and a Daniel Defense BCG. Oh wait, I do.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:22:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't really have opinions...
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:28:55 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Colt doesn't even use CHF barrels, I'd rather have a PSA with a nice trigger and a Daniel Defense BCG. Oh wait, I do.
View Quote

Neither do fn military rifles
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:49:35 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really?

Never would have guessed.

Gubment spec and all that I guess.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 1:21:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Really?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really?

CHF should be MILSPEC IMO. Might be someday. I know it is for the 240 and/or the 249
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:07:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And apparently no facts either.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:09:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 5:44:31 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

FN aint a company like DPMS. They're arguably the best arms company in the world
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:03:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Are these even available yet?

I have been wanting a basic m4. Seems like this one would take the hassle out of parting one together.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:19:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. Not made on the same lines as .mil FNs.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:30:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Are these even available yet?

I have been wanting a basic m4. Seems like this one would take the hassle out of parting one together.
View Quote

I'm sure they'll be out there for $1500.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 10:09:42 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here are some facts, it is not legally possible for FN to build an AR15 that is equal to Colt. Legally they could have made a better rifle than Colt but since we are seeing things like end plates that are not staked and their receiver extensions/buffer tubes are not forged it appears that FN has chosen the lesser quality route.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 10:22:49 AM EDT
[#35]
Are the FN rifles even out for sale yet? If so, What's the street price on them?
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 2:52:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Here are some facts, it is not legally possible for FN to build an AR15 that is equal to Colt. Legally they could have made a better rifle than Colt but since we are seeing things like end plates that are not staked and their receiver extensions/buffer tubes are not forged it appears that FN has chosen the lesser quality route.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why "it is not legally possible for FN to build an AR15 that is equal to Colt?"
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 5:08:57 PM EDT
[#37]
The one thing Ive learned since purchasing my FN15 is that Colt guys LOVE their rifles.......its a losing battle trying to discuss anything,

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 5:33:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's almost the route I went.  FN barrel, LMT BCG, Geissele trigger, but I'm sure it's junk to the colt fanboys.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 6:56:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FN has the TDP but is not legally allowed to use it.  They could go beyond the spec in some areas.  Barrel steel, CHF etc.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 7:33:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You may know this will these lowers be clone correct for the MK12 and MK18 builds if so I think I may have to pick up a few.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 7:48:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

You may know this will these lowers be clone correct for the MK12 and MK18 builds if so I think I may have to pick up a few.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The only mk 12 or mk 18 receivers I've seen have all been Colt, but honestly, I'd rather use FN.

I fucking love FN, and I fucking love Colt. So if you build a mk 12 and mk 18 on these receivers and somebody screams not clone correct, tell em to suck a fatty.

The FN receivers I've seen on service rifles has been mostly on M16's, and I've seen a few on M4A1's now that they're getting out there. Hard to say if they will ever end up on mk 12s and mk18 in the future though, because I just have no idea lol
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:34:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Are the FN rifles even out for sale yet? If so, What's the street price on them?
View Quote

I have seen the 20" and carbine versions for sale online for a while now unless those are not the same as the one being discussed.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:38:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

FN has the TDP but is not legally allowed to use it.  They could go beyond the spec in some areas.  Barrel steel, CHF etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, It was part of the gov't rules FN had to except to gain access to the TDP to build rifles for the gov't. Before FN started up a commercial line of ARs there were a few big threads on why FN didn't have a commercial line of rifles. Those old threads are probably buried somewhere but I can't find them and I can't be the only one that remembers them.

The "why" seemed to be common knowledge back then but that knowledge just kinda went "POOF" when FN came out with their commercial line.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:39:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I have seen the 20" and carbine versions for sale online for a while now unless those are not the same as the one being discussed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If the lower was laser etched then it's not the same line. I haven't seen these for sale yet
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 10:18:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those are the FN15 models. In all likelihood, the "Military Collectors" models will be very (very) similar, aside from the markings (and barrel length of the carbine).
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 2:27:13 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

That's almost the route I went.  FN barrel, LMT BCG, Geissele trigger, but I'm sure it's junk to the colt fanboys.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.  I continue to catch crap from them just for daring to suggest that an M4 could be made from non Colt parts.  One even compared Colts to supermodels and non Colts to meth heads.  Yet they call me the unreasonable one.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 2:59:13 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Yep.  I continue to catch crap from them just for daring to suggest that an M4 could be made from non Colt parts.  One even compared Colts to supermodels and non Colts to meth heads.  Yet they call me the unreasonable one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Still??  You have been kicking the shit out of this dead horse, but I have not seen anything since that old thread when you were looking for parts.  Did you start another thread in GD or something?
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 5:59:13 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Still??  You have been kicking the shit out of this dead horse, but I have not seen anything since that old thread when you were looking for parts.  Did you start another thread in GD or something?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep he started a thread about SOPMOD stocks
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 7:00:00 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

QD SOCKETS ARE THE DEVBIL
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 7:23:43 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OMG I AGREE. The hole makes you look like a civilian!!!!!1111!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top