BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 20
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 1:28:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Built this one for the wife few weeks ago while home on leave.  Anderson lower, DPMS freefloat HG, GM 18" SS 1:14 barrel, B5 stock and 3-9x33 Simmons scope

These I build at work Mk18 Mod 1 or M4A1 CQBR/URGs.

CD
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 3:59:45 AM EDT
[#2]
I wish I could say that I bought my first AR-9 type of lower tonight but gawd dang, it seems to be easier buying a unicorn than it is to find a lower under $200 that takes G17 mags.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 6:10:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Today I learned that Nick Leghorn is full of shit so engraved one of my SBR's.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 9:57:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Added an ambi safety, ergo grip, and BCM charging handle on my current build. I'll have to wait until I get a bipod to add the mount I have. Then, I'll have to decide on a scope.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 10:28:30 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Today I learned that Nick Leghorn is full of shit so engraved one of my SBR's.
View Quote
More details?

Link Posted: 2/2/2016 10:46:15 AM EDT
[#6]
I fixed my loose gas key.  After 400 or so rounds at 700RPM my AIM LW carrier had the key come loose.

I acquired new Torx Plus gas key screws that exceed the grade 8 standard.

Then I cleaned the carrier.  Took awhile.  After cleaning I degreased the mounting surfaces and screws with brake cleaner.

After degreasing I applied Permatex No3 sealant.  This application was a little heavy, but it shouldn't cause any issues.

I then applied Permatex High Temp thread locker to the gas key screws and gave the Permatex No3 a few minutes to set up.  Then I seated the gas key, torqued the screws to 56 in/lb and re-staked the screws.  Now she's ready to go back to work.

Link Posted: 2/2/2016 11:07:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Arisaka m-lok mount for my m300
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 3:10:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I fixed my loose gas key.  After 400 or so rounds at 700RPM my AIM LW carrier had the key come loose.http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=84539

I acquired new Torx Plus gas key screws that exceed the grade 8 standard.
http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=84857

Then I cleaned the carrier.  Took awhile.  After cleaning I degreased the mounting surfaces and screws with brake cleaner.
http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=85016

After degreasing I applied Permatex No3 sealant.  This application was a little heavy, but it shouldn't cause any issues.
http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=85017

I then applied Permatex High Temp thread locker to the gas key screws and gave the Permatex No3 a few minutes to set up.  Then I seated the gas key, torqued the screws to 56 in/lb and re-staked the screws.  Now she's ready to go back to work.
http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=85018
View Quote

Nice write up.

Yesterday I mocked up the KAC SR-15 M4 barrel in a KAC URXIII Rifle length handguard and I used one of DwilsonMfg's tool steel barrel nuts.  I'm also using his version of the KAC URX barrel nut wrench and I'm trying to decide if I want to make the barrel 14.5 or just past 14" since the brake I'm using is 2 5/8" long.

Pictures later of the mock up since it looks pretty nice the way I received the barrel.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 7:22:42 AM EDT
[#9]
It's finished now

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 7:58:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Looks good!
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 9:44:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Looks good!
View Quote

Thank you.

This little upper is about to make it's way down to Ayan's shop for some URX timing and cerakote.

Link Posted: 2/6/2016 10:23:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Thank you.

This little upper is about to make it's way down to Ayan's shop for some URX timing and cerakote.

https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1632/24759185561_92339e041d_h.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks good!

Thank you.

That look's good!
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 12:34:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
That look's good!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks good!

Thank you.

That look's good!

Thank you.

Today I picked up my 6th Noveske N4 gen1 lower and started swapping a few things into it.  

The original trigger was probably an ACT since most of their models with gen1 lowers have them.  I installed a Geissele SSA and put that ACT in another lower.

While the lower was being completed, I checked through my spare upper receivers and I came upon a couple of Spike's "bomb" receivers and found a couple of them which match up really well in color and lining up with the lower half, and both allowed the KAC URX3.1 13.5" PN 30325 I have to time up perfectly.  I picked out the one that suited me best and I'm waiting for the barrel to arrive.  It will be a Compass Lake Engineering intermediate gas lightweight barrel and should have similar recoil characteristics to my KAC E3 barrels.

I'm going to use the new Vortex Razor HD-LH 3-15x42 HSR-4 reticle for this gun.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 8:24:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

While the lower was being completed, I checked through my spare upper receivers and I came upon a couple of Spike's "bomb" receivers and found a couple of them which match up really well in color and lining up with the lower half, and both allowed the KAC URX3.1 13.5" PN 30325 I have to time up perfectly.  I picked out the one that suited me best and I'm waiting for the barrel to arrive.  It will be a Compass Lake Engineering intermediate gas lightweight barrel and should have similar recoil characteristics to my KAC E3 barrels.

I'm going to use the new Vortex Razor HD-LH 3-15x42 HSR-4 reticle for this gun.
View Quote

That sounds great!  I want to check out that glass
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:58:34 PM EDT
[#15]
I made an old lower more bettah

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 12:02:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I made an old lower more bettah

<a href="http://s1258.photobucket.com/user/Rickesis/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_5619_zpsarcnuvtv.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii522/Rickesis/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_5619_zpsarcnuvtv.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s1258.photobucket.com/user/Rickesis/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_5621_zpsduvvw8ta.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii522/Rickesis/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_5621_zpsduvvw8ta.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s1258.photobucket.com/user/Rickesis/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_5622_zpsfngoan33.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii522/Rickesis/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_5622_zpsfngoan33.jpg</a>
View Quote

Nice work.

Whose trigger did you install?

And do you know if that bushmaster lower is one of when LMT made them?
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 12:16:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Nice work.

Whose trigger did you install?

And do you know if that bushmaster lower is one of when LMT made them?
View Quote

Thanks.  It was a quick little project using parts I had lying around but really brought some life into this old lower.  This particular trigger is a Hiperfire 24E.  I use their 24C in my 3 gun rifle, and it's given me no grief so far.  They're nice single stage triggers.  I can appreciate the strut design they use on the hammer springs.

I'll see if I can dig up some info on the lower.  It seems to have some age on it, for sure.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 12:35:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Switched my Armageddon Tactical charging handle off of my SBR and into my precision AR15 and vice versa. It was making it uncomfortable using the irons on the SBR because my nose is against the CH and the design causes it to bang my nose hard. But with scopes my cheek weld is different so I should be good to go now.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 6:56:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Finished this ADM UIC lower.

KAC 2 stage non-adjustable trigger, KAC ambi sling endplate, and SR-15 E3 upper with URX3 Rifle Length.

Still trying to figure out which optic will go on it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 8:40:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Put Aimpoint Micro on Fortis base and boresighted it on suppressed .300 and put an Anderson lower together(1st of 5 pack that I bought last year).

Link Posted: 2/20/2016 8:44:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Added a single post sling to my spikes middy, cleaned the gun and lubed back into shape.  

Link Posted: 2/20/2016 9:06:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Put the RVG back onto my SBR and in a new position. The AFG will be chopped and placed in front of the RVG so I can have a better grip with my preferred way of holding.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 11:53:53 PM EDT
[#23]
I took the A2 stock (from pics above) and replaced the B5 SOPMOD that was on my SPR.  I like it.

Link Posted: 2/23/2016 6:21:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Put this upper together with a Compass Lake intermediate gas barrel, URX3.1 13.5" handguard, Anderson LW upper, Doublestar CH and AIM NiB F/A BCG.

It will get a Vortex Razor HD-LH 3-15x42 with the HSR-4 reticle.

The lower is one I picked up off the EE a few weeks ago and installed a Geissele SSA and the Ergo pistol grip.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 6:24:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Looks sharp.  Are those Razors available yet?  I'm going to get one for my win mag.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 12:30:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Looks sharp.  Are those Razors available yet?  I'm going to get one for my win mag.
View Quote

Thank you.

It's hard to forecast when but if they're anything like my 1-6 Razor is, I'm going to be one very happy camper.

I also put the KAC ambi scalloped selector and Ergo pistol grip on my ADM/E3 rifle.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 10:58:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Thank you.

It's hard to forecast when but if they're anything like my 1-6 Razor is, I'm going to be one very happy camper.

I also put the KAC ambi scalloped selector and Ergo pistol grip on my ADM/E3 rifle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you.

Sweet.  I love my 1-6 as well, other than the weight.  I really want to look at that new one as well for my 13.7 Infidel barreled mini
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 12:24:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Installed some taupe onto my 17.625" "LPR" clone.

Link Posted: 3/3/2016 5:23:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Installed 10 of my Knight's white followers in some ASC and Cproducts Defense magazines.

I also swapped the MOE+ from my Aero M5 with an Ergo grip and put the MOE+ on my Daniel Defense/KAC E3/URX3 rifle.
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 5:25:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 5:52:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Last night I found out my Bobro mount moves

Looks like I won't be shooting that rifle until my new Super Precision mounts show up.

Today I ordered a 30mm Nightforce unimount from Midway, it was an open box/blemish special.  $200 instead of the regular $250.
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 6:08:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 6:13:36 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Get ahold of Bobro, your issue sounds freakish to say the least.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Last night I found out my Bobro mount moves https://youtu.be/V3TnMeqNjXo
Looks like I won't be shooting that rifle until my new Super Precision mounts show up.
Today I ordered a 30mm Nightforce unimount from Midway, it was an open box/blemish special.  $200 instead of the regular $250.

Get ahold of Bobro, your issue sounds freakish to say the least.  

I talked with Andrew this morning. This one will be going back.  It appears to have two issues.  First, the lug seems to be undersized (measure .206), which lets it move that much, and second a screw on the lug has sheared off.

My other 30mm Bobro mount also moves a very small amount, but it's lug is .210.  It won't be going back.  Andrew said they will all move a tiny bit if you push hard enough but it should retain zero because the lug will push it back forward.

I will be putting both on the EE after the 34mm version is repaired.

Here is a picture from the bottom of the 34mm mount showing the lugs measurement.

While testing it out and swapping it between uppers it gouged my PRI swan sleeve (It's the mark directly under the 14) I didn't notice any marks on my other uppers and rails.

Link Posted: 3/4/2016 7:15:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 10:06:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Last night I found out my Bobro mount moves https://youtu.be/V3TnMeqNjXo

View Quote
Right, so scratch the Bobro off of the reviews you said you would do
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 10:13:34 PM EDT
[#36]
I cleaned all the things.

I smell like gun solvent and coffee and my wife won't come near me.  
Which is awesome because I'm spending the evening reloading and watching Keanu Reeves movies.  #crush.

I also installed a cute little red dot on my 3-gun rifle.  I got home just as the dude at the gun store called to inform me that I left my riser mount on the counter.
I also re-applied dope to a new eyepiece cap.  Time to laminate all the things.
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 10:44:45 PM EDT
[#37]
I can't catch a brake on this Bobro mount. I went to remove the first screw and with barely any pressure (a couple inch pounds at most) it's loose. I move to the next screw and its tight enough with the thread locker it starts to strip the nut. I had to grind my Bondhus allen wrench for more bite. When I get back to the loose nut I realize it broke the stud off.
Link Posted: 3/5/2016 1:28:13 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I can't catch a brake on this Bobro mount. I went to remove the first screw and with barely any pressure (a couple inch pounds at most) it's loose. I move to the next screw and its tight enough with the thread locker it starts to strip the nut. I had to grind my Bondhus allen wrench for more bite. When I get back to the loose nut I realize it broke the stud off.http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=86049
View Quote

That bites.

I have not heard many complaints with the Bobro.  It wasn't previously owned by a ham-handed newb, was it?

I have an acquaintance that made an absolute mess of an ADM
Link Posted: 3/5/2016 9:43:17 AM EDT
[#39]
I bought it brand new about three years ago. It sat in my safe until last year when I got the Bushnell.

I think I followed the instructions for installation. I normally torque to spec, but I don't think I had a bit that fit their caps so I used the provided 1" long allen wrench and tightened down. I did use a fair amount of thread locker. I don't like my mounts to come loose. I also painted the top so if any screw backs out It's immediately visible.
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 1:08:54 AM EDT
[#40]
I picked up a JP 14.5" midlength gas barrel from a good friend of mine and started mocking it up for some pin/weld work.  The Knight's Armament URX3.1 13.5" PN 30325 will be used on this URG.

It is installed on an Anderson LW upper receiver and will be used with one of my YHM 5.56 QD Brakes.

I will probably be using an AIM nickel boron BCG with the JP Bolt.
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 2:41:05 AM EDT
[#41]
Broke in a new RRA NM A4 in the walk-and-paste HP match with a 485/500-11x.

Cleaning was easy; 75 shots and barely a hint of copper fouling.

Link Posted: 3/7/2016 1:07:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

lapped?
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 12:23:52 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
lapped?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lapped?

The manual states "The barrel on your new firearm comes lapped in from the factory, therefore, no break-in of the barrel is required." I normally shoot-clean 3 times just to pay homage to the barrel gods, but I think this one is fine.
I guess I should mention that I used 55 moly-coated bullets, then I loaned my rifle to junior who used 20 bare copper bullets.

Link Posted: 3/9/2016 12:21:13 AM EDT
[#44]
I got this 14.5" JP barreled upper mocked up so I can experiment with different KAC handstops and placement.

Not sure this is it's final configuration but I also need to get the brake pinned so that I can use it on a title 1 lower.

For now, it resides on my LMT SBR.

Link Posted: 3/9/2016 11:05:41 PM EDT
[#45]
I got my Nightforce 1.125" unimount in today.  Torqued the cap screws to 25 in lb and secured with blue loctite.  Then I torqued the cross bolts to 65 in lb.

Link Posted: 3/17/2016 10:13:54 PM EDT
[#46]
I finished out the assembly of my 14.5" JP/URX 3.1 upper and dimpled the barrel for the KAC gas block's setscrews.  It's ready to be pinned and welded now and start figuring optics after that.
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 9:35:18 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I got my Nightforce 1.125" unimount in today.  Torqued the cap screws to 25 in lb and secured with blue loctite.  Then I torqued the cross bolts to 65 in lb.http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=86170
View Quote

Nice!

Let us know how this one holds up for you, when you put her through the abuse
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 12:20:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

The manual states "The barrel on your new firearm comes lapped in from the factory, therefore, no break-in of the barrel is required." I normally shoot-clean 3 times just to pay homage to the barrel gods, but I think this one is fine.

I guess I should mention that I used 55 moly-coated bullets, then I loaned my rifle to junior who used 20 bare copper bullets.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lapped?

Nice.  I just got a new tumbler so I'm starting to moly coat bullets with an older one.
I just want to see how much faster I get without producing pressure signs.

ETA: new borescope showed up yesterday, half of my barrels are on-lands at the port.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 6:25:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Swapped trigger groups around from one of my Noveskes and Mag Tactical rifles.

I also shaved the front of a gas block to fit behind the flip-up sight of a KAC URX3 Rifle Length on one of my SR-15 E3 barrels.

Going on this 14.5" upper which is mocked up on my Noveske Gen2 SBR lower.
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 10:31:26 PM EDT
[#50]
I did a little updating to my SPR build.  I pulled the Viper HS 5-15x off and put a Weaver Tactical illuminated 3-15x50 FFP with 5 mil turrets on it. I torqued all the cap screws to 25 in/lb. I pulled the standard end plate off and put a Damage Industries QD sling plate on.  Then I torqued it to 40ft lb and staked it in two places per mil-spec.  I topped it off with a witness mark in case anything moves.  Next up was the trigger.  I pulled the Geissele SD-C out and put in a Larue MBT.  Last was the sling.  I put an IWC 45 degree QD mount on the right side and put a SAP positional rifle shooting sling on it.  I used this sling on my last USMC qualification and scored 243 out of 250 points in 15-20mph winds  I just wish I could bring my own rifle and ammunition

Now for the pics:

Page / 20
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top