Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 20
Posted: 4/13/2015 12:02:15 AM EDT
I am hoping the Mods will leave this in AR Discussions.  These threads are fun on other sites, for different interests.

Rules: Post a mod, repair, upgrade, etc. that you performed on your AR today.  Please post a picture whenever possible.

I will start.

Removed the 16" SS upper from my LRB lower, and assembled a C7 upper with a pinned Colt 14.5 barrel.
I installed a RAS,  LMT rifle tube, and an A1 stock and grip.

Then *gasp* I painted it This is my first AR that I have painted (of mine), so this is a big deal for me.  It is also my only fixed stock.

Link Posted: 4/13/2015 12:36:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I changed out the grip to a Magpul K2....still thinking of trying a "K" grip. I wish they would make a K+ or even an SL+

I also order a few goodies: A Magpul Pro LR rear sight and a Troy folding front sight (HK style) that will house my chevron front sight post from Blitzkrieg Components.

And then I went in the Recce Pic Thread to inquire about bipods.

I'm trying to build a "Poor Man's Recce".
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 12:42:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I am hoping the Mods will leave this in AR Discussions.  These threads are fun on other sites, for different interests.

Rules: Post a mod, repair, upgrade, etc. that you performed on your AR today.  Please post a picture whenever possible.

I will start.

Removed the 16" SS upper from my LRB lower, and assembled a C7 upper with a pinned Colt 14.5 barrel.

Then *gasp* I painted it This is my first AR that I have painted (of mine), so this is a big deal for me.  It is also my only fixed stock.

Still painting, just got the first coat on it:

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h385/alaskaLTZ/IMG_2476_zpsz8zffowc.jpg

View Quote

Looks damn good. I didn't do shit to my AR's today, but I am overdue for another spray.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 1:10:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I shot it and changed the batteries in my light and Eotech.

First time shooting since I moved to Az.

Link Posted: 4/13/2015 1:17:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Added a Vltor EMOD.

Link Posted: 4/13/2015 1:22:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Placeholder for tomorrow.

Turned one of my BCM 14.5s with KMR into a "BCM M4A1 Block II" this afternoon. Really digging it due to the weight (or lack thereof ).
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 2:20:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Turned one of my BCM 14.5s with KMR into a "BCM M4A1 Block II" this afternoon. Really digging it due to the weight (or lack thereof ).
View Quote

Did somebody say block II with KMR?
I think you done went and lost it! I can understand the weight aspect, but dont understand the block II part lol.

Justblock II accessories on a KMR?
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 2:30:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I think you done went and lost it! I can understand the weight aspect, but dont understand the block II part lol.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For the most part, yes. Hence why I put the "BCM M4A1 Block II" in quotations. Close to what a current Block II can look like, but with a KMR instead of a DD M4A1 RIS II.

Similar to my "CQBR Mod 2" that has a 9.5" Geissele MK4 handguard instead of a DD MK18 RIS II handguard. I've now created a lighter version of each configuration.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 2:43:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

For the most part, yes. Hence why I put the "BCM M4A1 Block II" in quotations. Close to what a current Block II can look like, but with a KMR instead of a DD M4A1 RIS II.

Similar to my "CQBR Mod 2" that has a 9.5" Geissele MK4 handguard instead of a DD MK18 RIS II handguard. I've now created a lighter version of each configuration.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey, I can't knock it if it's what you like.

Y'all ready for tiny ass pic time? I lied AK, I filed down an out of spec gas tube so a gas key could slide over it, giving me this- (lower is a temporary POS lower. not permanent, if you can even see it anyways )

Microscopic pic!

Link Posted: 4/13/2015 3:05:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Right on.
Now that I have this spray painted, rifle stock thing out of my system, I can put the finishing touches on the 13.7 Infidel SBR

Maybe tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 7:34:41 AM EDT
[#10]
OK, so it wasnt today, but a couple weeks ago..

Stripped paint, changed handguard, stock, grips, muzzle device, and optics on the M4A1 socom
Rainer Force 15", MFT grip and minimalist stock, SL Protac 1L,  Griffin flash comp, Burris MTAC in Aero Precision. MBUS 2 on 45's

Still lightweight (relatively) at 8lbs 10oz no mag

Before:

After:

Old handguard and optics will be going on a SBR
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 8:47:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Good idea for a thread.
I finally replaced the crap scope mount on my Armalite M15 National Match rifle. I usually shoot it with the carry handle sights or an ACOG but still like to mount a scope with more magnification once in a while.
I hated the mount I had for this rifle so I hardly ever used the 4-16 Weaver C16 scope on it. It made the scope too high and too far back for proper cheek weld and eye relief.
I bought a ADM (American Defense Manufacturing) Recon mount just because I wanted to try one. I'm liking it, it places the scope perfectly and looks good too. Very solid and strong. I do like LaRue QD levers more than the ones on this mount. These work fine though. Now I want a better scope! (it never ends)
Pic with ACOG

Old crap scope mount

Scope with new ADM mount

Link Posted: 4/13/2015 10:29:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Just screwed this together Thursday evening, and shot it Friday for the first time.

First 3 shots out a new barrel at 100 yards.

2nd 3 shot group.

Had fired 3 shots of fmj ammo at 25 yards after bore sighting, to make sure I was on paper, and another at 100, before testing my favorite reload for accuracy.
So what I did to it yesterday, was just clean it.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 10:50:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I will start.

New rear sight is on order

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h385/alaskaLTZ/IMG_2477_zpszfyusdao.jpg

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h385/alaskaLTZ/IMG_2479_zpsehiwibnw.jpg

View Quote

AHEM Alaska I am giving my mini recce a little face lift, new AGL EMR V2 rail and dropped the fixed stock for my old Colt CAR stock, when it comes. Forgive potato and foot pic, it pisses me off, I'm sure it will piss some of you guys off
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 11:11:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Did some work to my RRA

Old list:

Magpul STR stock
Brownells Mil-Spec Buffer tube
RRA two stage trigger (factory installed)
RRA Heavy Barrel
Magpul Moe grip (I switch these our all the time)
Daniel Defense M4 9.5" FSP Rail
Fortis rail QD mount
Daniel Defense offset flashlight mount with Surefire light
Magpul RVG
Primary Arms red dot with QD riser
Matech rear sight

Items changed:

LWRC ambi saftey
Raptor charging handle
Damage Industries QD end plate
LaRue Apeg grip
Daniel Defense 12" Lite Rail FSP
Removed the Fortis QD mount since the new rail has these built in.
Swapping the light and mount for a Streamlight TLR-1 (will be on top rail, in front of FSP)
May swap from RVG to an AFG or handstop combo

Link Posted: 4/13/2015 11:32:34 AM EDT
[#15]
I pissed and moaned to my coworkers about how inept the US postal service is instead of installing a new FDE american defense aimpoint mount...
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 1:31:40 PM EDT
[#16]
I Installed a LaRue MBT trigger. Looking forward to getting that one out to the range.....
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 2:52:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Mine got dirty  ...like most days.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 2:57:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Bore sight me Elcan.  Hitting the range in couple of days.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 2:57:51 PM EDT
[#19]
I received my ADM Scout mount for my 300 Blackout build via USPS.  The Nikon P-300 scope arrives tomorrow, and I finally get to shoot the gun.  
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 3:00:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I received my ADM Scout mount for my 300 Blackout build via USPS.  The Nikon P-300 scope arrives tomorrow, and I finally get to shoot the gun.  
View Quote

*SHAKES FIST*

EDIT: was supposed to be delivered last Thursday but better late than never i suppose.

Untitled by nicodywill
Untitled by nicodywill
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 10:14:06 PM EDT
[#21]
I put toxic engine oil on an ineffective SBR with a magnified optic...

What a fucking day, here on arfcom
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 10:34:48 PM EDT
[#22]

.gov rifle or post sample?

Link Posted: 4/13/2015 11:12:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Painted my new build today.  I'll get some pics up when I get home in the morning.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 12:20:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Painted my new build today.  I'll get some pics up when I get home in the morning.
View Quote

Please do.  My paintjob sucks.  Regretting it.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 12:34:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think it looks pretty good.  You could always strip it and redo it.  
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 1:01:36 AM EDT
[#26]
I made some new mods to my 20" BCM build.
I was trying to build a "modernized" version of the m16a4

Bcm upper and bcg
Vltor a5 and slimline stock
Geissele SSA
Raptor CH
Anderson lower
BAD CASS safty
BAD lever (I know, but I like them)
Midwest industries KM rail (may change, I was going for light weight KAC alternative, but I kinda want to float the barrel)

And today I added
Gamma 556 muzzle device
Magpul K2+ (in love by the way)
Magpul pro LR  (impressive)

" />

" />

" />

" />

" />

What optic do you guys think I should go with?
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 1:51:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Duty rifle. Wish I could justify the expense of  a personally owned  select fire weapon
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 3:08:19 AM EDT
[#28]
I went to the range with my new M16A1 and XM177E2 clones and loaded up some mags and busted caps. Got the M16A1 clone zeroed nicely and ran about 100 rds thru it to break it in a little, did a hasty zero on the XM and ran 50 rds thru to check its functionality.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 7:23:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Here we go, freshly painted rifle.  

Link Posted: 4/14/2015 9:15:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Duty rifle. Wish I could justify the expense of  a personally owned  select fire weapon
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That looks like Bullis to me...  Except Bullis is all mud today since it's rained a lot lately.

I'm headed to the range this morning to finally test out my 300 Blackout upper.  My Nikon scope isn't going to get here until late this afternoon, but I'm going to play around with a Bushnell I got for cheap, just to wring out the upper.  The Nikon will go on once I know the upper works (I have every expectation it will).  I use a range southwest of San Antonio, and it'll be muddy too, but not as bad as Bullis gets!
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 10:02:35 AM EDT
[#31]
I polished my trigger.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 11:24:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Here we go, freshly painted rifle.  

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7601/16958877819_447469608b_b.jpg
View Quote

Nice. I have 3 cans of rustoleum just sitting here waiting to go on the rifle. Did an old air rifle last week as a trial run and it turned out pretty good and similar in color scheme.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 5:22:02 PM EDT
[#33]
I mounted a set of Midwest Industries flip up sights.  boring, I know.

Link Posted: 4/14/2015 5:53:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

That looks like Bullis to me...  Except Bullis is all mud today since it's rained a lot lately.

I'm headed to the range this morning to finally test out my 300 Blackout upper.  My Nikon scope isn't going to get here until late this afternoon, but I'm going to play around with a Bushnell I got for cheap, just to wring out the upper.  The Nikon will go on once I know the upper works (I have every expectation it will).  I use a range southwest of San Antonio, and it'll be muddy too, but not as bad as Bullis gets!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not Bullis, this was about a stones throw from the Mexican border near the Big Bend area
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 6:07:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Not Bullis, this was about a stones throw from the Mexican border near the Big Bend area
View Quote

Same terrain and vegetation, different latitude.  Stay safe.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 5:33:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Changed out the M4 handguards to MOE's.......whew I am beat now!
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 8:55:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Well, this evening I grilled some chicken and filed a Form 1 to SBR a lower.  All in all, a productive use of an hour.  

Link Posted: 4/16/2015 6:18:56 AM EDT
[#38]
Well, the rifle is finally dry and I got the accessories all mounted up.

Also swapped out the EXPS3-0 on my "CQBR" clone for an H1 on an LT660.

Link Posted: 4/16/2015 7:28:12 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

I shot it and changed the batteries in my light and Eotech.

First time shooting since I moved to Az.

http://<a href=http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e36/mitchellcj58/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpstqdzjxtg.jpg
View Quote

What forearm/rail is that?

How do you put covers on the sides and bottom?

Link Posted: 4/16/2015 8:45:10 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Well, the rifle is finally dry and I got the accessories all mounted up.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7584/17165339581_7cdd5496f0_b.jpg
https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8766/17139925526_0e12cb4fc6_b.jpg

Also swapped out the EXPS3-0 on my "CQBR" clone for an H1 on an LT660.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7651/16963648300_c3cc0f1277_b.jpg
View Quote

I noticed your Elcan isn't painted.  You must've run out.  I'll send you another can so you can finish.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 8:50:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Gamma 556 muzzle device

http://<a href=http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f165/joshuamarcreid/Mobile%20Uploads/20150414_003326_zpsou0ti4ke.jpg</a>" />

View Quote

That's gonna be one loud, hateful ass bitch!  
As for the optic, with a 20 incher I'd want some power.  Something like a Nikon 223 or the like.  
Nice build.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 9:13:34 AM EDT
[#42]
I shot about 150 rounds of m193 through her yesterday, and she was quite the hateful ass bitch but that muzzle sure didnt move lol.
And im seriosly considering saving up for that new trijicon 1-6.
But maybe an m223 and the rest on psa's new melonited magpul fucked ak(and a trashcan to store it in)
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 9:32:40 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Duty rifle. Wish I could justify the expense of a personally owned select fire weapon
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Duty rifle. Wish I could justify the expense of a personally owned select fire weapon
I can't either

I still routinely get 750-1000rpm from this build though:

http://youtu.be/VX8hSupbHcM

http://youtu.be/-kKWMqt6TnQ

I got some more video on Tuesday that I need to get loaded.  I clocked my buddy at 977rpm Tuesday.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 9:33:16 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

I was trying to build a "modernized" version of the m16a4

Bcm upper and bcg

Vltor a5 and slimline stock

Geissele SSA

Raptor CH

Anderson lower

BAD CASS safty

BAD lever (I know, but I like them)

Midwest industries KM rail (may change, I was going for light weight KAC alternative, but I kinda want to float the barrel)

And today I added

Gamma 556 muzzle device

Magpul K2+ (in love by the way)

Magpul pro LR (impressive)

http://<a href=http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f165/joshuamarcreid/Mobile%20Uploads/20150414_003835_zpsi6d5nang.jpg</a>" />

http://<a href=http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f165/joshuamarcreid/Mobile%20Uploads/20150414_003326_zpsou0ti4ke.jpg</a>" />

http://<a href=http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f165/joshuamarcreid/Mobile%20Uploads/20150414_003334_zpszdo3zbaf.jpg</a>" />

http://<a href=http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f165/joshuamarcreid/Mobile%20Uploads/20150414_003437_zpsoloc5b3t.jpg</a>" />

http://<a href=http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f165/joshuamarcreid/Mobile%20Uploads/20150414_003341_zpsei1w2d6o.jpg</a>" />

View Quote

Razor 1-6 in a Bobro mount would be nice.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 10:13:15 AM EDT
[#45]
Nothing today, but last weekend I painted my M4 clone. I am most pleased with the results
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 11:47:25 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I can't either

I got some more video on Tuesday that I need to get loaded.  I clocked my buddy at 977rpm Tuesday.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't either

damn... thats pretty neat... i cant afford a gun like that... the ammo bill would kill me
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 11:55:06 AM EDT
[#47]
Put on another 51T Blackout to one of the herd...called ATF Tues and my Mini4 was approved Mon
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 6:07:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Its a Parallax FFSSR
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 7:28:25 PM EDT
[#49]
I added a brand new CompM3 today. Sometimes you gotta love stupid coworkers.

Link Posted: 4/16/2015 8:11:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I added a brand new CompM3 today. Sometimes you gotta love stupid coworkers.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e190/turbineguy03/fb5753f5a9fbc98c742a91f47b0802ba_zpslka7kzvx.jpg
View Quote

Nice TG!

Your paint is almost as ugly as you tho.

Nice gun! I spy some sort of DD rail. Almost thought it was a RIS II until I saw the lack of "203 screws" on the side rail
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 20
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top