User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 5
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 11:04:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

There is seriously nothing special about it. It's a 16inch midlength upper.

A fool and his gold.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just saw this they are selling Link

So for $825 you get a complete upper minus bcg and CH. By comparison they sell complete uppers for $1950 and difference is they are assembled, pin/welded comp, BCG, CH, bungee, spring, buffer and some bolt saver thing.

Seems hard to imagine someone would pay an extra $1,125 just to have it assembled and a raptor CH ($70 on sale), BCG ($120 thinking spikes BCG on regular sale) and a buffer and spring ($40 maybe). Pin and weld on comp would cost some amount.

If all the special work for the claimed smooth flat soft shooting AR is in the upper then it's wild to think you're paying almost 2k just for their assembled lower if you get the LVOA-C at $3,050 vs their special deal kit at $825.

I've never shot an LVOA but curious what id be missing (if anything) if I got the kit and put it on a SBR lower to save pin/weld cost.

There is seriously nothing special about it. It's a 16inch midlength upper.

A fool and his gold.

It comes with a flash drive and a recoil mitigating wood case.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 11:16:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I've shot the 16" middy, one of the locals works for them and they bring rifles to local training and shooting events.  It had a red dot and accuracy seemed on bar with any typical AR.  There middy is appropriately gassed out of the box for a heavy buffer where many commercial offerings are fairly significantly overgased.  By comparison I have a 16" BA Hanson that has a .068" gas port that is softer shooting, but I have had other 14.5-16" middys with .085" ports that required adjustable gas blocks.  Main selling point appears to the novelty of the brake under the handguard.  CMC trigger included is nice, I bought several of those after shooting the Warsport.  I have everything of mine setup to run a suppressor sot he handguard deal would not work for me.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 11:58:31 AM EDT
[#3]

Reminds me of the MAR-10 in Arma III

I'd buy just the rail if they weren't so GAY about it.

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:08:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

So for $825 you get a complete upper minus bcg and CH. By comparison they sell complete uppers for $1950 and difference is they are assembled, pin/welded comp, BCG, CH, bungee, spring, buffer and some bolt saver thing.

Seems hard to imagine someone would pay an extra $1,125 just to have it assembled and a raptor CH ($70 on sale), BCG ($120 thinking spikes BCG on regular sale) and a buffer and spring ($40 maybe). Pin and weld on comp would cost some amount.

If all the special work for the claimed smooth flat soft shooting AR is in the upper then it's wild to think you're paying almost 2k just for their assembled lower if you get the LVOA-C at $3,050 vs their special deal kit at $825.

I've never shot an LVOA but curious what id be missing (if anything) if I got the kit and put it on a SBR lower to save pin/weld cost.
View Quote

Rail Bungee is not included in kit.  
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:40:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

The profit margin on this rifle is huge!

$825 - WarSport Kit
$135 - WarSport BCG
$85 - WarSport CH
---------------
$1,045 - Upper Kit Total
$50 - Pin/Weld Comp
($1,980) - Complete Upper
----------------
($885) - Difference

They are doing something right, they have a 6 - 8 week back log for orders.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:51:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Out of 38 months in a combat zone. Never once could I have used, or did I need a "Rail Bungee".... Useless apparel!

These jokers must not want to sell to many rifles, though. I can't even access their site. I can access the home page with the elevator music that totally put me off from whatever they're selling.

A rifle can be built for WAY less, and be just as good if not much better. That rifle looks heavy as hell which kinda defeats the purpose of a CQB rig...
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:56:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Like I said, I'd like the rail to build on my own side charging upper.

But they went retard on making a rail built around a muzzle device...

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 1:02:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

$825 - WarSport Kit
$135 - WarSport BCG
$85 - WarSport CH
---------------
$1,045 - Upper Kit Total
$50 - Pin/Weld Comp
----------------
($885) - Difference

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$825 - WarSport Kit
$135 - WarSport BCG
$85 - WarSport CH
---------------
$1,045 - Upper Kit Total
$50 - Pin/Weld Comp
----------------
($885) - Difference

Saw somewhere that they apparently hand lap the upper to fit the bcg better and some lapping to true the front of receiver. Was unaware those were such a things to be done with an AR upper. Wonder if it's a noticeable difference when pulling the charging handle.

They stated somewhere they only have a few builders so any company that has limited output can build up a back order wait list.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 3:11:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Saw somewhere that they apparently hand lap the upper to fit the bcg better and some lapping to true the front of receiver. Was unaware those were such a things to be done with an AR upper. Wonder if it's a noticeable difference when pulling the charging handle.

They stated somewhere they only have a few builders so any company that has limited output can build up a back order wait list.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

$825 - WarSport Kit
$135 - WarSport BCG
$85 - WarSport CH
---------------
$1,045 - Upper Kit Total
$50 - Pin/Weld Comp
----------------
($885) - Difference

Yeah, I saw that too. It's on their instagram page
https://instagram.com/p/19jdzBG1-Z/
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 4:03:28 PM EDT
[#10]
I think you guys are kind of missing the point here.  This is one of those products that becomes less desirable as it gets cheaper.  

They don't want a $1000 AR or a $2000 AR, they want a $3000 AR.

BRB, gonna go market a $4000 AR.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 4:50:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I think you guys are kind of missing the point here.  This is one of those products that becomes less desirable as it gets cheaper.  

View Quote

too late.

http://usm4.com/ned
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 4:52:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

too late.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

too late.

$5000 it is.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 4:52:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

This...^.  Absolutely correct.

These rifles are for people that don't know any better and have far too much money that they just don't know what to do with.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 6:04:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

These rifles are for people that don't know any better and have far too much money that they just don't know what to do with.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who are we to judge someone else's spending habits.
If it makes him happy, who gives a shit.

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 6:09:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're free to spend their money how they like, just like we're free to point and laugh when they throw it away on something ridiculous.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 7:01:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

They're free to spend their money how they like, just like we're free to point and laugh when they throw it away on something ridiculous.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This...^.  People that spend thousands of dollars on tacticool rifles have every right to waste their money.  We on the other hand have every right to point and laugh at something we consider ridiculous.  

Now, if that $3000+ rifle made my eyesight better or the arthritis in my hands better which in turn made my accuracy better....then I would be buying It because I can afford it.  Since I highly doubt that would be the case, I believe my 850.00 rifle with Aero Precision receivers and AR15 Performance barrel will give me groups just as good as the 3000+ rifle (in my hands).  Of course I didn't opt for the expensive bungee cords...whatever the hell they do.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:11:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

This...^.  People that spend thousands of dollars on tacticool rifles have every right to waste their money.  We on the other hand have every right to point and laugh at something we consider ridiculous.  

Now, if that $3000+ rifle made my eyesight better or the arthritis in my hands better which in turn made my accuracy better....then I would be buying It because I can afford it.  Since I highly doubt that would be the case, I believe my 850.00 rifle with Aero Precision receivers and AR15 Performance barrel will give me groups just as good as the 3000+ rifle (in my hands).  Of course I didn't opt for the expensive bungee cords...whatever the hell they do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wouldn't say that the rifle itself is ridiculous, I think that more than likely, most feel that the price is ridiculous. If the LVOA rifle was $500 - $800 less, they would be selling a lot more than they are currently. Most people who have AR's try to build or purchase the best rifle or parts at the lowest cost. We could have this argument all day, but ultimately if the OP is happy with it and does not have buyers remorse, than more power to him.

You could also ask the question as to why someone would purchase a Mercedes over a Hyundai. They both can get the job done, but the Mercedes is more expensive because of parts used, build quality, performance, etc. For some having the finer things in life is what makes them happy.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:42:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I wouldn't say that the rifle itself is ridiculous, I think that more than likely, most feel that the price is ridiculous. If the LVOA rifle was $500 - $800 less, they would be selling a lot more than they are currently. Most people who have AR's try to build or purchase the best rifle or parts at the lowest cost. We could have this argument all day, but ultimately if the OP is happy with it and does not have buyers remorse, than more power to him.

You could also ask the question as to why someone would purchase a Mercedes over a Hyundai. They both can get the job done, but the Mercedes is more expensive because of parts used, build quality, performance, etc. For some having the finer things in life is what makes them happy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Voice of reason quoted right here.

I have no problem with the design of the rifle and wouldn't mind owning one myself.

What I have a problem with is someone slapping a fucking battle comp on a rifle, putting a rail over it, attaching some bungees, lapping the face of the upper and making sure your upper and lower are a decent fit and calling it a custom ninja slayer of dragons and attaching a price tag to match.

These are AR15 rifles, something anyone with 100 dollars of tools and some common sense can build one... and it will most likely be a solid rifle.  When you price one like a Ferrari, you better be able to justify it, and this rifle simply does not.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:58:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Right.

I think that most here feel that the price is ridiculous based on what it gets you.

With this rifle it doesn't get you really anything that cant be purchased for a whole lot less.

Lets just look at the heart of this beast...the barrel:

WAR SPORT 14.7" BARREL

THE WAR SPORT 14.7" BARREL IS USED ON ALL OUR LVOA-C RIFLES ALONG WITH OUR "TOP HAT" COMP.

SPECS:
OAL 14.7"
4150+
Melonited
1:8 Twist
.223 Wylde Chamber
1/2-28 Threaded Muzzle
11-Deg Crown
MID Length DI

At 355.00 with the exception of the length (mine is 14.5")  it has the exact same specs as my barrel from AR15 Performance that cost 190.00 when I bought it.

For a upper receiver it has:

Hand lapped & faced War Sport Forged Upper Receiver
FWD Asst.
Fits MilSpec Lower Receviers

So it has a hand lapped upper.  When I built my rifle I asked the owner of local store and range who is also a armorer and retired spec. ops veteran who travels the world training foreign military, if I should have my Aero upper lapped who immediately told me that it was ridiculous to waste money on that because he hasn't seen an Aero upper that needed it and wasn't worth the money.  I think he would of made money off me if he wanted and I would of paid for it if he recommended it.

But wait...it does fit "milspec lower receivers".  Well that's different right?  Oh hold on now...don't most??

As for the cheap car/sports car comparison.....there really is none.  Its apples and oranges.  The technology that goes into a Ferrari is leagues ahead of the Hyundai and will do things that no Hyundai will do.  If all you want to do is get from point A to point B, then yes no difference but the Hyundai wont do 180mph if that's what you want to do... safely. There is nothing that rifle will do that a 1000.00 rifle cant.  Oh...forgot about the bungee cords....whatever the hell they are for.

I will add a comparison that I think applies.  I used to play a lot of tennis when I was young.  I really good tennis player can pick up any old racket and do things with it most inexperienced players cant.  A really experienced shooter most likely can pick up a 1000.00 rifle and still shoot better than the average shooter with the 3000.00  rifle.

Fishbone928 had it right earlier....this rifle is marketed to people that believe the higher the price the better they look with it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 8:04:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Fishbone928 had it right earlier....this rifle is marketed to people that believe the higher the price the better they look with it.
View Quote

Nailed it.  This thing is the Salient G17 of rifles.  I wonder who would carry both this rifle and a Salient Glock.  Hmmmmmmmm........
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 9:06:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Nailed it.  This thing is the Salient G17 of rifles.  I wonder who would carry both this rifle and a Salient Glock.  Hmmmmmmmm........
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe they would just buy the Salient version of this this thing, it's got the same goofy rail...

Link Posted: 4/28/2015 11:24:29 AM EDT
[#22]
The salient one actually has a different proprietary rifle gas system on the 14.5/14.7" barrel they use.
Something different from the Warsport.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 11:34:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The salient one actually has a different proprietary rifle gas system on the 14.5/14.7" barrel they use.
Something different from the Warsport.
View Quote

Their description sounds like something akin to a fat gas tube.
A pic of the actual gas tube, judge for yourself.

Link Posted: 4/28/2015 11:48:06 AM EDT
[#24]
For all the shit that we've been talking, they've lined up a hell of an endorsement:

source:  http://jerkingthetrigger.com/2015/04/23/re-factor-tactical-ghandi-shirt/
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 1:36:49 PM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/28/2015 2:47:32 PM EDT
[#26]
It looks pretty impressive from this.
WarSport LVOA Rapid Fire
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 2:53:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
WarSport LVOA Rapid Fire
View Quote

Agreed, that rifle looks great for posting mag dumps at 10 yards on Instagram.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 4:49:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
WarSport LVOA Rapid Fire
View Quote

What is it about the video that impresses you??

That rifle is doing nothing that any other AR15 should be able to do!
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 5:09:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
WarSport LVOA Rapid Fire
View Quote

I've got a rifle that cost less than a 1/3rd of the cost for that turd that can do the same thing. But at 11yds.....

ETA: I'd make a wager that "Rail Bungee" really helped that guy! I wonder if this is the reason for the difference in tone of the last 10rds..
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 5:19:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
WarSport LVOA Rapid Fire
View Quote

The rail really hides the flash well.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 5:47:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
WarSport LVOA Rapid Fire
View Quote

That is a lot of flash
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 5:51:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
WarSport LVOA Rapid Fire
View Quote

How so? Just because it cycles?
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 5:57:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
WarSport LVOA Rapid Fire
View Quote

Wow! That's actually really impressive, and I'm not easily impressed.

Oh! Also, today I saw a BLUE car. Can you guys believe that? Blue!
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 6:06:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
WarSport LVOA Rapid Fire

Dag!
You're my car, blue!
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 6:34:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

That rifle is doing nothing that any other AR15 should be able to do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
WarSport LVOA Rapid Fire

Link Posted: 4/28/2015 6:47:52 PM EDT
[#36]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
WarSport LVOA Rapid Fire

https://youtu.be/OmliCMvcaq0

Man do I love the ROF of the M4A1/M16
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 7:35:00 PM EDT
[#37]
I regret ever starting this thread. I received a majority of typical forum member responses with a few educated mixed in the bunch.

I bought the rifle and love it. Shoots better then any other one I own and that's all that matters to me. If all you can focus on is the price then please leave the thread. I also find the bungee very useful in routing the wire from the light pressure pad which is what I believe it was designed to do.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 7:57:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I regret ever starting this thread. I received a majority of typical forum member responses with a few educated mixed in the bunch.

I bought the rifle and love it. Shoots better then any other one I own and that's all that matters to me. If all you can focus on is the price then please leave the thread. I also find the bungee very useful in routing the wire from the light pressure pad which is what I believe it was designed to do.
View Quote

I think you're missing the point about the price. People generally don't balk at the cost of a LaRue or a KAC rifle, which can be in that ballpark of cost.

But for a certain cost, you should get a certain product. The general consensus is that a rail that goes over the flash hider and a bungee cord aren't worth the price tag.

It's not that it's too much to pay for an AR, it's too much to pay for that AR. Not price, value.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 8:22:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 9:33:03 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View Quote

I like it, OP. Not every gun has to be fit to fight a war. 99.9999999E% of everyone here will never use their rifle for combat or fighting. I do think the price is a bit high, but it looks like they're the only ones with that upper (assuming they make them for Salient) and you cannot buy parts to build your own...so they got a funnel effect going.

But if I had cash to blow away, I'd surely buy one.

I still think they're being a bag of dicks for "designing a handguard around a muzzle device", which is stupid.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 10:00:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

OP, Congrats on the rifle. I'm glad to hear that you love it. That's all that really matters.

I cannot believe all the hate in this thread.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:29:06 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

OP, Congrats on the rifle. I'm glad to hear that you love it. That's all that really matters.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're defending something someone would sell in an infomercial. Claims were made with zero science behind them, and people fall for it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:34:15 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Don't be.

I find it interesting. I've got an eye towards a Noveske Project Ares- another expensive niche rifle. Not sure because I starting to leave 5.56 for .308....although I won't post about it if I do get it due to the responses here!  Thanks for the range report, it looks like a shooter.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 1:22:29 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I haven't seen any hate, just facts.  If OP is happy, then that's great, but it doesn't change the fact that the rifle is severely overpriced for what it brings to the table.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 1:39:49 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Don't worry about it OP, your rifle, your money, that's all that matters. I like them myself and possibly could see one in the future if I wasn't paying for all these tax stamps at the moment.
People are treating this thread like it's GD
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 2:55:51 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Don't worry about it OP, your rifle, your money, that's all that matters. I like them myself and possibly could see one in the future if I wasn't paying for all these tax stamps at the moment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I understand reading is difficult, so I'll help you out, bud.

Quoted:
So what's everybodies opinion on this bad boy?

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:14:19 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Don't be.

I find it interesting. I've got an eye towards a Noveske Project Ares- another expensive niche rifle. Not sure because I starting to leave 5.56 for .308....although I won't post about it if I do get it due to the responses here!  Thanks for the range report, it looks like a shooter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't be.

Is Noveske offering the Ares again, or are you looking at a used or old stock one?

And OP, don't sweat it. You asked for opinions, and you got them. Your cash, so as long as you're happy, enjoy it.

I just feel the reality is that for possibly a grand less, you could have got a KAC SR-15 Mod 2. Beyond the fact thst KAC rifles are far more proven, it's also tough to find a softer shooting carbine than a KAC. So for how soft shooting this new rig of yours is, I'm also betting that $1k less KAC would be as or softer shooting...and also have greater parts longevity due to KAC's E3 bolt...and also not have a muzzle device inside the handguard.

The bungee cord is a game changer, and cannot be matched by KAC though.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 9:18:25 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
So what's everybodies opinion on this bad boy?

I understand reading past the first post is difficult, so I'll help you out, pal.

Quoted:
More looking at opinions on the rifle from people who have handled it shot it or own it.

He literally clarified himself a few posts down from his original thread.
He's looking for opinions and thoughts from folks who own or handled one.
At that point he just got it and hadn't shot it yet.

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 9:42:14 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Is Noveske offering the Ares again, or are you looking at a used or old stock one?

And OP, don't sweat it. You asked for opinions, and you got them. Your cash, so as long as you're happy, enjoy it.

I just feel the reality is that for possibly a grand less, you could have got a KAC SR-15 Mod 2. Beyond the fact thst KAC rifles are far more proven, it's also tough to find a softer shooting carbine than a KAC. So for how soft shooting this new rig of yours is, I'm also betting that $1k less KAC would be as or softer shooting...and also have greater parts longevity due to KAC's E3 bolt...and also not have a muzzle device inside the handguard.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't be.

I have found both Versions in stock. Really nice rifles.  Just depends which KAC rail you like I suppose.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:19:40 AM EDT
[#50]
This is just a general observation about guns. The more objectively a gun's performance can be measured, the more downward pricing pressure you get. Rifle performance has an objective measure of performance that is easily measured: Accuracy. You can get one-MOA bolt guns for $500 easily. One-MOA ARs can be purchased or built for $1,000 or so. Compare shotguns. Assuming the guns fit the shooter equally well, it gets hard to objectively measure the performance difference between an $2,000 gun (or maybe even an $800 gun) and a $20,000 gun.

Modern guns work really well, and the objective, non-cosmetic differences between the high-end and mid-range aren't all that much. It seems as the price of a rifle goes up, the more you see people talk about subjective measures instead of objective measures. I'm going to use KAC as an example here because it seems like half the posts in every discussion of higher-priced rifles are some variation of "you should have a bought a KAC." When people talk about KAC (or really any $2,000+ AR), they tend to talk more about subjective things like "fit and finish," "soft-shooting," "feel," "smoothness," etc. I see all kinds of talk about how great KACs are, but I've only seen one person post targets outside of the MOA-all day challenge. I don't doubt that KACs are very accurate rifles, but that's not the point. The point is there probably isn't much objectively measurable difference between a KAC, a Warsport, and rifles that costs $500 to $2,000 less. Thus, the owners of the expensive rifles tend not to discuss objective measures because they don't differentiate the high-end rifles from the mid-range rifles. In contrast, owners of mid-priced rifles seem to post targets all the time.

I believe a review of the 1-MOA all day challenge on here bears out these general observations.
Page / 5
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top