Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 1:36:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is just a general observation about guns. The more objectively a gun's performance can be measured, the more downward pricing pressure you get. Rifle performance has an objective measure of performance that is easily measured: Accuracy. You can get one-MOA bolt guns for $500 easily. One-MOA ARs can be purchased or built for $1,000 or so. Compare shotguns. Assuming the guns fit the shooter equally well, it gets hard to objectively measure the performance difference between an $2,000 gun (or maybe even an $800 gun) and a $20,000 gun.

Modern guns work really well, and the objective, non-cosmetic differences between the high-end and mid-range aren't all that much. It seems as the price of a rifle goes up, the more you see people talk about subjective measures instead of objective measures. I'm going to use KAC as an example here because it seems like half the posts in every discussion of higher-priced rifles are some variation of "you should have a bought a KAC." When people talk about KAC (or really any $2,000+ AR), they tend to talk more about subjective things like "fit and finish," "soft-shooting," "feel," "smoothness," etc. I see all kinds of talk about how great KACs are, but I've only seen one person post targets outside of the MOA-all day challenge. I don't doubt that KACs are very accurate rifles, but that's not the point. The point is there probably isn't much objectively measurable difference between a KAC, a Warsport, and rifles that costs $500 to $2,000 less. Thus, the owners of the expensive rifles tend not to discuss objective measures because they don't differentiate the high-end rifles from the mid-range rifles. In contrast, owners of mid-priced rifles seem to post targets all the time.

I believe a review of the 1-MOA all day challenge on here bears out these general observations.
View Quote

While accuracy is important, there are other attributes that are equally important such as reliability and longevity.  The KAC SR15 isn't marketed as an MOA or sub MOA rifle.  It is built to be reliable with a fairly long lifespan for parts such as the bolt, while offering respectable accuracy.  It has a different bolt, barrel extension and gas system than other ARs in order to accomplish this.  Quite a few examples of it's reliability have been posted here and on other sites.  Accuracy isn't everything!
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:59:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

While accuracy is important, there are other attributes that are equally important such as reliability and longevity.  The KAC SR15 isn't marketed as an MOA or sub MOA rifle.  It is built to be reliable with a fairly long lifespan for parts such as the bolt, while offering respectable accuracy.  It has a different bolt, barrel extension and gas system than other ARs in order to accomplish this.  Quite a few examples of it's reliability have been posted here and on other sites.  Accuracy isn't everything!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is just a general observation about guns. The more objectively a gun's performance can be measured, the more downward pricing pressure you get. Rifle performance has an objective measure of performance that is easily measured: Accuracy. You can get one-MOA bolt guns for $500 easily. One-MOA ARs can be purchased or built for $1,000 or so. Compare shotguns. Assuming the guns fit the shooter equally well, it gets hard to objectively measure the performance difference between an $2,000 gun (or maybe even an $800 gun) and a $20,000 gun.

Modern guns work really well, and the objective, non-cosmetic differences between the high-end and mid-range aren't all that much. It seems as the price of a rifle goes up, the more you see people talk about subjective measures instead of objective measures. I'm going to use KAC as an example here because it seems like half the posts in every discussion of higher-priced rifles are some variation of "you should have a bought a KAC." When people talk about KAC (or really any $2,000+ AR), they tend to talk more about subjective things like "fit and finish," "soft-shooting," "feel," "smoothness," etc. I see all kinds of talk about how great KACs are, but I've only seen one person post targets outside of the MOA-all day challenge. I don't doubt that KACs are very accurate rifles, but that's not the point. The point is there probably isn't much objectively measurable difference between a KAC, a Warsport, and rifles that costs $500 to $2,000 less. Thus, the owners of the expensive rifles tend not to discuss objective measures because they don't differentiate the high-end rifles from the mid-range rifles. In contrast, owners of mid-priced rifles seem to post targets all the time.

I believe a review of the 1-MOA all day challenge on here bears out these general observations.

Accuracy is definitely not everything. It is, however, one of the few things on a rifle that can be easily measured objectively. Even things like reliability and longevity are inherently subjective. For example, how many more rounds is a KAC bolt likely to last than a PSA premium bolt? Does anybody even know? If so, how was this determined?

Once you get into the $2,000+ ARs, anything better be a damn good rifle. Any of these rifles are also likely to have something "different" about them. But different does not equal objectively better. Here, the OP bought a "different" rifle. Most of the responses have been knocking him for either 1) wasting money on something that's not any better than an $800-$1,000 alternative; or 2) not buying a KAC.

Both of these criticisms of the OP's choice miss the point. Once you hit a certain price point with an AR (I think it's $800-$1,000), you're going to have a hell of a time proving anything is objectively better. You might be able to prove it's different, but that doesn't equal better. At most, you might be able to objectively prove another, more expensive rifle is a little more accurate.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:29:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

There are fundamental differences between KAC and warsport.  KAC actually HAS a gas system that differs from others, built in sights on some rails, etc.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 5:00:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

There are fundamental differences between KAC and warsport.  KAC actually HAS a gas system that differs from others, built in sights on some rails, etc.
View Quote

Seems that KAC's "different" gas system has been blowing primers lately (one with Federal XM193). 2 different KAC rifles in one thread, both sent back to KAC for service. Though it could simply be a coincidence.

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 2:53:19 AM EDT
[#5]
These rifles have kind of grown on me, but I'll probably never own one. You guys talking about price have to remember the federal excise tax that's included too. That being said, they are kinda gimmicky and could be cheaper IMO. I hope it ends up being everything the op wanted out of it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 10:51:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Seems that KAC's "different" gas system has been blowing primers lately (one with Federal XM193). 2 different KAC rifles in one thread, both sent back to KAC for service. Though it could simply be a coincidence.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_66/672963_Blowing_Primers___Jamming_Firing_Pin.html

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_66/672963_Blowing_Primers___Jamming_Firing_Pin.html

The gas system has zero influence on blown primers.  
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 11:00:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

LOL
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I regret ever starting this thread. I received a majority of typical forum member responses with a few educated mixed in the bunch.

I bought the rifle and love it. Shoots better then any other one I own and that's all that matters to me. If all you can focus on is the price then please leave the thread. I also find the bungee very useful in routing the wire from the light pressure pad which is what I believe it was designed to do.

LOL

^^ What I thought when I read the above.

typical forum member responses

I don't know what you expected. The responses I read seemed like honest opinions.

I'd rather someone tell me what they really feel than lie to make me feel better. In ANY situation in life.

All of us at one time or another have overpaid for things though, just move on...
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 11:19:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Unless you're suppressed and have a super-early unlock, removing support for the primers while there is still significant chamber pressure, but I doubt know if any of that is true in this case.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unless you're suppressed and have a super-early unlock, removing support for the primers while there is still significant chamber pressure, but I doubt know if any of that is true in this case.

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 11:38:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I regret ever starting this thread. I received a majority of typical forum member responses with a few educated mixed in the bunch.

I bought the rifle and love it. Shoots better then any other one I own and that's all that matters to me. If all you can focus on is the price then please leave the thread. I also find the bungee very useful in routing the wire from the light pressure pad which is what I believe it was designed to do.
View Quote

Man, I would not worry too much about it, they are just opinions, and some are sincere.

Let's say the rifle is $1500 over-priced for the sake of argument.  Have I spent, and wasted $1500 in purchases on my AR collection?  I guaranfuckingtee that I have wasted far more than that.  If you got what you wanted, then you did just fine.

Carry on.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 12:48:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Man, I would not worry too much about it, they are just opinions, and some are sincere.

Let's say the rifle is $1500 over-priced for the sake of argument.  Have I spent, and wasted $1500 in purchases on my AR collection?  I guaranfuckingtee that I have wasted far more than that.  If you got what you wanted, then you did just fine.

Carry on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Carry on.

This, I have wasted more on that buying and testing parts to see what I like most.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 2:25:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Let's say the rifle is $1500 over-priced for the sake of argument. Have I spent, and wasted $1500 in purchases on my AR collection?  I guaranfuckingtee that I have wasted far more than that.  If you got what you wanted, then you did just fine.

Carry on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let's say the rifle is $1500 over-priced for the sake of argument. Have I spent, and wasted $1500 in purchases on my AR collection?  I guaranfuckingtee that I have wasted far more than that.  If you got what you wanted, then you did just fine.

Carry on.

Now I think we can all admit to wasting a good amount of money at times in our firearm pursuits.

I just try to waste my money within reason.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 4:13:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Link

They have a new limited edition "battle hardened" edition out now. Different flavor.

I agree with others,OP, if it fits a role and you like it then it's a good buy. The upper kits intrigued me but have decided to pass.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 4:27:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Link

They have a new limited edition "battle hardened" edition out now. Different flavor.

I agree with others,OP, if it fits a role and you like it then it's a good buy. The upper kits intrigued me but have decided to pass.
View Quote

Jesus, this proves all the comments about this rifle being a Gucci rifle for posting on Instagram. They think "battle hardened" means a fake worn finish.

"THROW IT DOWN THE DRIVEWAY."
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 4:38:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Jesus, this proves all the comments about this rifle being a Gucci rifle for posting on Instagram. They think "battle hardened" means a fake worn finish.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link

They also think that fake worn finish means it's worth $150 MORE! What a ripoff.........

We're up to $3199 now. Wonder what else they'll come up with? Next they'll put together an AR-15 worth $11,001 that comes with 71 virgins, and a hat. Maybe 2 "Rail Bungee's" rather than 1.  While using ALL off the shelf parts that are rebranded with the Warsport brand.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 5:15:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Link

View Quote

Idiocy....like kids paying extra for jeans with rips and holes already in them.  

Just stupid!
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 5:23:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Link

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Link

From the description:

Introducing the War Sport LVOA Battle Hardened Edition exclusively distributed by RifleGear. Featuring a unique finish that resembles the look of hard use battle rifles. The process is done utilizing two layers of CeraKote, a base layer of crushed silver and a top layer of black. Each example is then distressed by hand, displaying it's own distinct wear pattern.

And from the description of some "True Religion" jeans (over-priced women's jeans):

Premium denim fabric from Italy takes hold of our brand new Grace boyfriend fit for a fashion forward jean that exudes edginess. Handcrafted distress and individual markings add dimension to this light wash while delivering a one-of-a-kind look and feel.

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 7:18:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Now I think we can all admit to wasting a good amount of money at times in our firearm pursuits.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Carry on.

I tell myself that I do, too

Then, you try playing in the clone game, paying $200+ for one folding front sight, etc.

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 11:43:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What did you expect from that guy's post? He doesn't know what he's talking about.  People who defend/shoot LVOA all have that in common.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 3:14:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Link

View Quote

I just lost what little respect I had for Warsport. This is like the guys who take steel wool to their rifles trying to make them look "battle worn", except Whoresport charges you for it
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 8:33:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I just lost what little respect I had for Warsport. This is like the guys who take steel wool to their rifles trying to make them look "battle worn", except Whoresport charges you for it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link

If I knew someone who owned one of these, I would never let them hear the end of it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 11:39:04 AM EDT
[#21]

--If I knew someone who owned one of these, I would never let them hear the end of it.--

I don't know, to each his own. Aesthetics are generally a luxury item that some are willing to pay for. I've never shot the Warsport, but I've handled one and there is no question that they have a unique feel that is different from any thing else I've handled. I would describe it as very solid, eager and balanced. It just felt like a better tool than the DD's I handled at the same time. At the time I handled it, I had no idea what it was or what it cost, but I knew I wanted one. My mind kept going back to it. It just felt so capable. The others in the shop felt fine, but there was a level of refinement to the Warsport that was clearly superior in my opinion to the others I was handling. How does that translate to actual use? No idea. Just my experience with it.

Achieving a unique aesthetic/feel that is compelling to buyers comes down to the passion of the builder and the little refinements that don't seem like much taken one by one, but can add up to a product that seems greater than the sum of its parts. Several of you have decided based on the parts alone that the Warsport is overpriced. So be it. But to someone who has the means, those aesthetics are worth it to them, and they shouldn't feel poorly because multiple people on this site either have not handled or shot one so cannot comment on the difference beyond the parts, do not consider those aesthetics to be of value, or were not capable of recognizing/appreciating them in the first place. To some it's worth it, to others its not. Awesome that there is so many choices. Why buy a $2200 Larue over a $600 PSA? They both go bang right? Uniquely enjoyed by the buyer aesthetics/feel for one. There is just something about the passion, innovation and refinement that went into the Larue, and I want one. Just can't afford right now.

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 1:59:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

--If I knew someone who owned one of these, I would never let them hear the end of it.--

I don't know, to each his own. Aesthetics are generally a luxury item that some are willing to pay for. I've never shot the Warsport, but I've handled one and there is no question that they have a unique feel that is different from any thing else I've handled. I would describe it as very solid, eager and balanced. It just felt like a better tool than the DD's I handled at the same time. At the time I handled it, I had no idea what it was or what it cost, but I knew I wanted one. My mind kept going back to it. It just felt so capable. The others in the shop felt fine, but there was a level of refinement to the Warsport that was clearly superior in my opinion to the others I was handling. How does that translate to actual use? No idea. Just my experience with it.

Achieving a unique aesthetic/feel that is compelling to buyers comes down to the passion of the builder and the little refinements that don't seem like much taken one by one, but can add up to a product that seems greater than the sum of its parts. Several of you have decided based on the parts alone that the Warsport is overpriced. So be it. But to someone who has the means, those aesthetics are worth it to them, and they shouldn't feel poorly because multiple people on this site either have not handled or shot one so cannot comment on the difference beyond the parts, do not consider those aesthetics to be of value, or were not capable of recognizing/appreciating them in the first place. To some it's worth it, to others its not. Awesome that there is so many choices. Why buy a $2200 Larue over a $600 PSA? They both go bang right? Uniquely enjoyed by the buyer aesthetics/feel for one. There is just something about the passion, innovation and refinement that went into the Larue, and I want one. Just can't afford right now.

View Quote

OMG mah handfeels
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 3:20:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

OMG mah handfeels
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OMG mah handfeels

GOLD
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 3:25:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

From the description:

And from the description of some "True Religion" jeans (over-priced women's jeans):

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link

From the description:

Introducing the War Sport LVOA Battle Hardened Edition exclusively distributed by RifleGear. Featuring a unique finish that resembles the look of hard use battle rifles. The process is done utilizing two layers of CeraKote, a base layer of crushed silver and a top layer of black. Each example is then distressed by hand, displaying it's own distinct wear pattern.

Premium denim fabric from Italy takes hold of our brand new Grace boyfriend fit for a fashion forward jean that exudes edginess. Handcrafted distress and individual markings add dimension to this light wash while delivering a one-of-a-kind look and feel.

Well I mean look at the stylish threads this guy is wearing.  Only fitting, I suppose.

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 3:32:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Well I mean look at the stylish threads this guy is wearing.  Only fitting, I suppose.

http://i62.tinypic.com/2uzscah.jpg
View Quote

Somewhere in that crowd:

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 12:44:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link

Yea.... probably a bad move if they wanted to be taken more seriously.... photoshoot of a dude outfitted at Urban Outfitters posing with the weapon didnt help either
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 3:52:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Yea.... probably a bad move if they wanted to be taken more seriously.... photoshoot of a dude outfitted at Urban Outfitters posing with the weapon didnt help either
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link

Right...again just plain stupid.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 9:47:06 PM EDT
[#28]
From a War Sport employee from the shill thread:

Quoted:
Its not for everyone I agree to that. When I run carbine courses I tell people the LVOA I use is not the carbine for 99% of the shooting community. WSI knows this, the 1% it is for, they have it, or are looking at it.

So its all good.

John
View Quote

You guys are all obviously not part of the 1%.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 9:52:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Its not for everyone I agree to that. When I run carbine courses I tell people the LVOA I use is not the carbine for 99% of the shooting community. WSI knows this, the 1% it is for, they have it, or are looking at it.

So its all good.

John

They train for a different war.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 12:04:09 AM EDT
[#30]
All this noise about nothing... I'll bet that rifle shoots straight and is dependable. If somebody wants to shell out money for the unique offerings that WSI provides, more power to them. I wouldn't do it.. but thats just farts in the wind.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 2:44:03 PM EDT
[#31]
I would much rather spend $3,000 on a WSI Ar15 than $2,500 on a 1911 but yet people pay that all the time. I myself have been looking at WSI and KAC for a sbr and I'm leaning towards WSI its $500 more than a KAC and it looks different than joe blows rifle. People acting like its a crazy amount more than every other high end rifle when its $500 more or less when your talking KAC, Noveske, AXTS, ect. What are you going to use that extra money for a new hi point or used glock???
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:06:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I would much rather spend $3,000 on a WSI Ar15 than $2,500 on a 1911 but yet people pay that all the time. I myself have been looking at WSI and KAC for a sbr and I'm leaning towards WSI its $500 more than a KAC and it looks different than joe blows rifle. People acting like its a crazy amount more than every other high end rifle when its $500 more or less when your talking KAC, Noveske, AXTS, ect. What are you going to use that extra money for a new hi point or used glock???
View Quote

For the same money, i could put together 3 rifles that would shoot just as well. with most of the same features.
But they wouldn't be offered in "pre-thrown-down-the-driveway" ceracoat.

It's akin to buying designer jeans because the stitching pattern is "different" for what 3 pairs of wranglers would cost you.

Now people have wasted money on worse things, but it still a purchase based on hype and exclusivity, and not superior performance.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:28:22 PM EDT
[#33]
I can agree with that. But i wouldn't call it inferior performance either, I wasn't talking builds just high end Ar15s as complete rifles not DPMS oracles, M&P 15s, or Frankenstein builds but other HIGH end dealers. We understand you can buy a stripped lower and build the way you want for cheaper. I myself have built Ar15s and also had lower end Ar15s. The reason i want it is because you don't see everyone and their momma have one or have one that looks like it and that to ME is worth $500 not to mention its hand crafted which to me means a little more in a gun. However, Is it going to be my only Ar15?.....No. Is it going to be my last gun purchase?.....Hell to the no. I just don't see why people are bashing this guy for this gun when he isn't trying to sell it to you. I want to learn about these guns that are high end/priced and the way people react to this will make others steer clear.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:38:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
not to mention its hand crafted which to me means a little more in a gun
View All Quotes
Quoted:
not to mention its hand crafted which to me means a little more in a gun

Define "hand crafted" for me as it pertains to an AR.  Red Jacket parrots that kind of stuff, and no two of their receiver sets fit together the same.

I just don't see why people are bashing this guy for this gun when he isn't trying to sell it to you.

OP's thread opener:

Quoted:
So what's everybodies opinion on this bad boy?

He got what he asked for, he just didn't like most of the answers...
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 5:20:37 PM EDT
[#35]
My def for hand crafted is not mass produced with more attention to detail. I think when he asked for opinions he wanted to hear about what you all thought of the gun not what he should have got with the money. If its too pricey for you state you think its out of your price rang for it but I wouldn't kill joy his new buy. This is a mature website for gun enthusiast and we should be honest as well as supportive to members and i don't think bashing any gun on here shows much sportsmanship.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 5:46:42 PM EDT
[#36]
I was interested in buying one of their upper kits just for the heck of it but then read this line in a post from one of their employees on another forum they had them posted on: "We do not guarantee that our LVOA upper receiver will fit ALL or ANY third party lower receiver."

That counted me out.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 1:58:55 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I was interested in buying one of their upper kits just for the heck of it but then read this line in a post from one of their employees on another forum they had them posted on: "We do not guarantee that our LVOA upper receiver will fit ALL or ANY third party lower receiver."

That counted me out.
View Quote

Yeah, screw that garbage. An AR15 upper should fit any in-spec lower, not just one specific manufacturer's lower.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 2:24:43 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I think when he asked for opinions he wanted to hear about what you all thought of the gun not what he should have got with the money.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I think when he asked for opinions he wanted to hear about what you all thought of the gun not what he should have got with the money.

Those tend to be one and the same.  

Quoted:
If its too pricey for you state you think its out of your price rang for it but I wouldn't kill joy his new buy.

Most people claiming that this thing is out of their price "rang" have thousands of dollars into their rifles.  Just, multiple rifles.  
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 6:46:40 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Most people claiming that this thing is out of their price "rang" have thousands of dollars into their rifles.  Just, multiple rifles.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
If its too pricey for you state you think its out of your price rang for it but I wouldn't kill joy his new buy.

He clarified himself stating that he was more looking for opinions from those that handled or own said rifle.
Though that didn't stop people coming out of the woodwork to shit on his purchase.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 8:12:10 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
8lbs 8oz before accessories?  My BCM middy is 7lbs 5oz with quad rail, red dot, light, and grip.  And wasn't the whole point of modular handguards to save weight?  Dat bungee tho...
View Quote

Nope. The weight in my setup without a mag is 8.63 lbs.

Link Posted: 5/30/2015 1:34:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

http://i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u645/45Thoughts/2015-05-30%2008.06.41_zpscctessyd.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
8lbs 8oz before accessories?  My BCM middy is 7lbs 5oz with quad rail, red dot, light, and grip.  And wasn't the whole point of modular handguards to save weight?  Dat bungee tho...

http://i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u645/45Thoughts/2015-05-30%2008.06.41_zpscctessyd.jpg

Nice stick. Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 3:24:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice!
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 3:50:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Seems like a great idea...

Salient (another overpriced boutique builder) does the same thing.

http://www.gunsandammo.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/2/files/salient-arms-international-tier-1-ar-15/salient_arms_international_tier_one_7.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
brake under rail

http://www.gunsandammo.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/2/files/salient-arms-international-tier-1-ar-15/salient_arms_international_tier_one_7.jpg

That looks like the same rail.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 4:03:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
brake under rail

It is.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 5:54:35 PM EDT
[#45]
A guy at work has one and I have shot around 200 rounds thru it.

Nice fit and finish is all I can say about it, he was kinda disappointed that I wasn't excited or jealous about it.

When I was done shooting it I handed it back and started to plink away with my $600 S&w and made the same holes in the paper as his $3000 rifle.

I also didn't notice any big difference between how it shot compared to mine, well maybe a little less muzzle rise as it was heavier then mine but other then that nothing.

Glad you are happy with it OP and that's all that matters
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 6:27:02 PM EDT
[#46]
I like the battle hardened version.  It's cute.  It'll go well with my battle hardened wallet... that's empty.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top