Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 6:00:38 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Here is a link to the LVOA manual. explanation of LVOA starts on page 3. Long story short. the rail and comp supposedly eliminate muzzle flash

http://www.warsport-us.com/LVOA_Manual.pdf

The bungee is to add natural elements and camouflage the gun according to website.

Expensive probably because of the r&d mentioned, and also the operating overhead. Their facilities and equipment look top notch.

I did look at buying one, but went another direction.

It is a beautiful rifle, and I know my instructor friend  is super happy with his.
View Quote
I've never seen a bungee in nature.

Nice rifle OP, I'm sure you will enjoy it!
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 6:43:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I've liked that rifle since the first time I seen it good job OP.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 7:47:04 PM EDT
[#3]
OP don't worry about what people are saying.  At least you bought a quality carbine.  Just start buying ammo and signing up for training classes.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 7:56:10 PM EDT
[#4]
nice but can't put a can on it
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 8:09:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Surprised this thread is still here. I've yet to see any real technical aspects related to this boutique rifle.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 8:21:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Surprised this thread is still here. I've yet to see any real technical aspects related to this boutique rifle.
View Quote

Less muzzle climb and it just looks so cool!
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 10:57:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Its to shove tree limbs in and plants...

Man people sure love to hate around here.. Kinda sad.. Its a nice rifle op. Don't mind the haterlypics here.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 12:45:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Man people sure love to hate around here.. Kinda sad.. Its a nice rifle op. Don't mind the haterlypics here.
View Quote

Tell me why it's 'a nice rifle.'

Link Posted: 4/12/2015 1:08:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

What?
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 1:47:06 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
What? I think he meant "haterlympics".
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/12/2015 1:47:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
can't put a can on it
View Quote

Duh.  You're supposed to buy the "integrally suppressed" version to compliment it.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 1:51:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't hate it.
But I don't really like it either.
No way I'd pay that for a semi auto AR.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 10:23:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because you can use it with NOD and not wreck your night vision if you can't use a suppressor for one. Plus it has a very sophisticated gassing system that creates little recoil. Plus it is a very well made firearm of quality parts.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 10:31:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I don't hate it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't hate it.

No way you'd pay that for a non-semi AR either.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 11:01:11 AM EDT
[#15]
I got a chance to handle WarSport rifles and speak with a rep at the NRA convention.  It is very well made and the fit and finish is out of this world.  

From what I understand WarSport has three builders that build their rifles.  Each builder builds a complete rifle from start to finish.  The build normally takes the builder roughly 12 hours.  If you remove the grip the builder’s mark is on the tang, that way if there is ever a problem they own it to fix. The lower, upper, and carrier group are hand fitted to each rifle.  

The rep told me a bunch of other stuff about the rifle, but, I can remember due to the Cabot Guns floor model which was in the next booth….
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 1:07:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Because you can use it with NOD and not wreck your night vision if you can't use a suppressor for one.
View Quote

A2 flash hiders are free and do a better job.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 1:56:10 PM EDT
[#17]
What is this "sophisticated gassing system?"

Eta: Per Warsport FAQ

Q: Is the LVOA a Gas Piston system?

No. The LVOA – S (SBR, NFA Rules Apply) and LVOA – C (Carbine 14.5 with pinned to 16.2” OAL) are both mid-length DI (Direct Impingement) gas system weapons.

Guess my PSA is cutting edge, too!
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 2:11:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Looks like a decent rifle but at that price (not sure if this has been said yet), I'd take an SR15 over it in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 2:18:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Plus it has a very sophisticated gassing system that creates little recoil.
View Quote

Please elaborate.

WarSport rifles are DI....
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 2:36:42 PM EDT
[#20]
ETA: Downloaded the manual. "lubercation" is apparently a word now.

And there is not ONE SINGLE THING special about the super advanced gas system.

It's got a lo-pro gas block, a gas tube and a standard gas key. That's about it.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 3:39:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Because you can use it with NOD and not wreck your night vision if you can't use a suppressor for one. Plus it has a very sophisticated gassing system that creates little recoil. Plus it is a very well made firearm of quality parts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you going to answer my question or not?
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 3:47:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Cutting edge mid length gas!

GAME CHANGA
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 4:55:20 PM EDT
[#23]
So we've established that the only notable part of this rifle is the perfect fit and finish.  That's kind of a non-issue for those of us that actually use our guns on a regular basis.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 4:58:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
So we've established that the only notable part of this rifle is the perfect fit and finish.  That's kind of a non-issue for those of us that actually use our guns on a regular basis.
View Quote

They list that it has a 'hand lapped upper,' that's about it for fit/finish.

It's a blackrain upper/lower.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 6:21:50 PM EDT
[#25]
This should cost about half what it does IMO. When SR-15s can still be found for around $2k, this rifle should be a good $500 less than a KAC in my book.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 6:40:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude, the upper, BCG, and lower are hand fitted. 1/4 MOA groups shooting full auto are easily achieveable.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 6:50:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Duh.  You're supposed to buy the "integrally suppressed" version to compliment it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
can't put a can on it

There is one? Wow.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 6:56:02 PM EDT
[#28]
This gun was made for instagram, much like everything else they sell.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 7:00:36 PM EDT
[#29]
If the muzzle device wasn't in the handguard I'd say it's a sweet rifle. But for 3 grand, kiss my lily white ass.

KAC SR15.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 11:17:25 PM EDT
[#30]
If you spent more than $600 on an AR you're a total fanboy loser.  My Hesse/Vulcan is far better than any gun out there....  

I've got some time (about 500rds) behind a LVOA-S but don't own one.

Observations
1. Fit and finish are excellent.  Smoother than my KAC SR15 and Noveske out of the box.  (pulling the bolt to the rear).  
2. It's very accurate.   Company is getting sub 1" MOA accuracy.  Before the inter-web commandos tell me about their 1/2" all day long rifle, it's a 30 rd (6 groups of 5 on one target) with 55gr FMJ's.  Load your ammo own ammo for the particular gun and it will do better.   I was able to easily hit 45% IPSC targets at 300m kneeling with 55gr FMJ's.  
3.  Recoil is very low.  Especially with the 12" (11 3/4") gun with it's mid-length gas system.  What other manufacturers are reliably running middy's on 12" guns?  
4.  Flash mitigation - meh.   You will get flash.  I guess I need to shoot one at night with a high speed camera to give a fair comparison.  
5.  The company is making their own barrels (not using blanks, but deep drilling) and they are making barrels for other manufacturers out there.  
6. Salient has a contract to buy the rail from Warsport.  So yes, it's the same rail.
7. I can't suppress it.  I also can't suppress my 3-gun rifle with the brake I run on it.  I'm not trying to be quiet.  I've got plenty of rifles I do suppress and plenty that I don't.  Talking with one of the Warsport reps, there is an integrally suppressed version coming out in the near future with one of the major suppressor manufacturers making the can.
8. Price.  I have a hard time justifying a $3000 AR.  But I didn't have a hard time justifying a $4.5k SR25 (three times).   I feel as though the price point should be dropped a couple hundred dollars and it would be where I feel comfortable.  But if you want one from the factory, (and not one that is a dealer with one in stock), you'll be waiting several months.   Their demand is high enough that they're staying busy to get the price they're asking.

Bottom line - I'd encourage people to shoot one before making a judgement on it.  It is a great shooting gun.  It just comes down to is the price worth it for the individual.  
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 11:25:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
What is this "sophisticated gassing system?"

Eta: Per Warsport FAQ

Q: Is the LVOA a Gas Piston system?

No. The LVOA – S (SBR, NFA Rules Apply) and LVOA – C (Carbine 14.5 with pinned to 16.2” OAL) are both mid-length DI (Direct Impingement) gas system weapons.

Guess my PSA is cutting edge, too!
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/14/2015 11:29:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Dude, the upper, BCG, and lower are hand fitted. 1/4 MOA groups shooting full auto are easily achieveable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That I find highly questionable.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 3:23:44 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

There is one? Wow.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
can't put a can on it

There is one? Wow.

SBR with the can WELDED to the barrel so it's a one stamp gun.

Makes my brain hurt.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 3:29:57 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Makes my brain hurt.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
can't put a can on it

There is one? Wow.

Makes my brain hurt.

Seriously? Fuck all that. I'd rather pay for 3 stamps than have a can welded to my barrel.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 7:28:19 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
If you spent more than $600 on an AR you're a total fanboy loser.  My Hesse/Vulcan is far better than any gun out there....  

Observations
1. Fit and finish are excellent.  Smoother than my KAC SR15 and Noveske out of the box.  (pulling the bolt to the rear).  
2. It's very accurate.   Company is getting sub 1" MOA accuracy.  Before the inter-web commandos tell me about their 1/2" all day long rifle, it's a 30 rd (6 groups of 5 on one target) with 55gr FMJ's.  Load your ammo own ammo for the particular gun and it will do better.   I was able to easily hit 45% IPSC targets at 300m kneeling with 55gr FMJ's.  
3.  Recoil is very low.  Especially with the 12" (11 3/4") gun with it's mid-length gas system.  What other manufacturers are reliably running middy's on 12" guns?  
4.  Flash mitigation - meh.   You will get flash.  I guess I need to shoot one at night with a high speed camera to give a fair comparison.  
5.  The company is making their own barrels (not using blanks, but deep drilling) and they are making barrels for other manufacturers out there.  
6. Salient has a contract to buy the rail from Warsport.  So yes, it's the same rail.
7. I can't suppress it.  I also can't suppress my 3-gun rifle with the brake I run on it.  I'm not trying to be quiet.  I've got plenty of rifles I do suppress and plenty that I don't.  Talking with one of the Warsport reps, there is an integrally suppressed version coming out in the near future with one of the major suppressor manufacturers making the can.
8. Price.  I have a hard time justifying a $3000 AR.  But I didn't have a hard time justifying a $4.5k SR25 (three times).   I feel as though the price point should be dropped a couple hundred dollars and it would be where I feel comfortable.  But if you want one from the factory, (and not one that is a dealer with one in stock), you'll be waiting several months.   Their demand is high enough that they're staying busy to get the price they're asking.

Bottom line - I'd encourage people to shoot one before making a judgement on it.  It is a great shooting gun.  It just comes down to is the price worth it for the individual.  
View Quote

Good write up. I personally have never handled one. I notice every single person that has handled one of shot one in this thread are praising it, although they are not necessarily saying they would buy it for the price. Most of those that are bashing it have never shot one. Much like the salient arms thread a few weeks back. OP I hope you enjoy your rifle and I hope to shoot one next to me sr-15 some time.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 7:45:02 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

*whooosh*

Link Posted: 4/15/2015 8:14:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You need to get out more.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 8:24:13 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Observations

View Quote

Great write up.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 10:29:59 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Observations

View Quote

I still haven't shot mine yet but I'm glad somebody was able to put a honest opinion and experience about the rifle out here. Going to try to get out and shoot mine this weekend again.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 1:04:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Good write up. I personally have never handled one. I notice every single person that has handled one of shot one in this thread are praising it, although they are not necessarily saying they would buy it for the price. Most of those that are bashing it have never shot one. Much like the salient arms thread a few weeks back. OP I hope you enjoy your rifle and I hope to shoot one next to me sr-15 some time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Observations

I seen that Salient Arms rifle from that thread the other day on Gun Broker so he either didn't like it or he needed the money.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 3:31:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Observations

View Quote

I have a question on your line 2...so at 100 yds with your six groups of five with 55g, what was the MOA? Thank you. I think they're nice guns, wish I could shoot one.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 3:44:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's it??  LOL  1/4 MOA with a full auto rifle??  Anyone else here think that's realistic??  Even in the hands of a "Super Operator"???
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 4:12:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Some of you guys really need to check your sarcasm meter.

The poster who made that comment was making a joke.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 4:17:37 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Some of you guys really need to check your sarcasm meter.

View Quote

^this

Link Posted: 4/15/2015 4:43:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

That's it??  LOL  1/4 MOA with a full auto rifle??  Anyone else here think that's realistic??  Even in the hands of a "Super Operator"???
View Quote

It. Was. A. Joke.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 7:56:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

It. Was. A. Joke.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It. Was. A. Joke.

Wow...lol.  Guess I need a little more sleep.  Well at least I didn't buy very expensive bungee cords.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 8:23:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Wow...lol.  Guess I need a little more sleep.  Well at least I didn't buy very expensive bungee cords.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It. Was. A. Joke.

Happens to the best of us!

Don't knock the bungees - they really help out with natural elements and can add up to $300 resale. Make sure you order the matching or complementary color palette for your "custom fitted" Magpul furniture. Color palette coordination helps a rifle pop on Instagram and is required for any work involving  Japanese photogs!
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 9:00:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I have a question on your line 2...so at 100 yds with your six groups of five with 55g, what was the MOA? Thank you. I think they're nice guns, wish I could shoot one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Observations

Overall average was .87     That was with an Atlas bipod and a rear bag.     I had one 5rd group that was just at 1/2".    
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:49:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Just saw this they are selling Link

So for $825 you get a complete upper minus bcg and CH. By comparison they sell complete uppers for $1950 and difference is they are assembled, pin/welded comp, BCG, CH, bungee, spring, buffer and some bolt saver thing.

Seems hard to imagine someone would pay an extra $1,125 just to have it assembled and a raptor CH ($70 on sale), BCG ($120 thinking spikes BCG on regular sale) and a buffer and spring ($40 maybe). Pin and weld on comp would cost some amount.

If all the special work for the claimed smooth flat soft shooting AR is in the upper then it's wild to think you're paying almost 2k just for their assembled lower if you get the LVOA-C at $3,050 vs their special deal kit at $825.

I've never shot an LVOA but curious what id be missing (if anything) if I got the kit and put it on a SBR lower to save pin/weld cost.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 3:10:14 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Just saw this they are selling Link

So for $825 you get a complete upper minus bcg and CH. By comparison they sell complete uppers for $1950 and difference is they are assembled, pin/welded comp, BCG, CH, bungee, spring, buffer and some bolt saver thing.

Seems hard to imagine someone would pay an extra $1,125 just to have it assembled and a raptor CH ($70 on sale), BCG ($120 thinking spikes BCG on regular sale) and a buffer and spring ($40 maybe). Pin and weld on comp would cost some amount.

If all the special work for the claimed smooth flat soft shooting AR is in the upper then it's wild to think you're paying almost 2k just for their assembled lower if you get the LVOA-C at $3,050 vs their special deal kit at $825.

I've never shot an LVOA but curious what id be missing (if anything) if I got the kit and put it on a SBR lower to save pin/weld cost.
View Quote

There is seriously nothing special about it. It's a 16inch midlength upper.

A fool and his gold.
Page / 5
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top