Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
FightLite / ARES SCR Pics (Page 28 of 45)
Page / 45
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 8:29:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By eatmoredonuts:
Finally joined up here as I am a new SCR owner, though not new to AR-15's.  Just test fitted this up, and I can see that the sporter stock might be an issue as the cheek weld looks like it's going to be a little low.  Does anybody know if FightLite would exhange mine for a Monte Carlo stock?  Don't really want to go with a riser.

Also waiting for the guy on eBay to get some of those bolt catch kits back in stock, what are they made of, Unobtainium?  Does FightLite even have them?

http://i.imgur.com/NqwT28zh.jpg
View Quote
Nice dissy!

Standard-height sights are a bit high for the Sporter.  I have a Vortex Spitfire II on one of mine right now in a high ring, which basically makes it an upper-1/3 co-witness (i.e., standard-height sights align about 1/3 of the way from the top of the scope; not to be confused with lower-1/3, in which they align 1/3 from the bottom.)  The scope is about as high as I would want to go (1.1" from the top of the rail to the center) on a Sporter, but medium or even low would be better.  I have Magpul BUIS on there right now and, while I can make them work in a pinch, I wouldn't want to use them as might primary sighting system.

Don't know if FightLite would exchange it.  I would guess not.  As you can see from their bolt catch, they're not exactly swimming in inventory.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 10:51:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Instead of a monte carlo, you might look for lower sights.  Or just put a scope on it w/ low rings, and save the irons for emergencies.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 8:17:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By bTanZ:

UPDATE 2 ... copy/paste the note from FightLite received this afternoon...

Mr. xxxxx,

Thank you for bringing you concerns to our attention and we apologize for any inconvenience. We appreciate your business and we stand firmly behind our products and workmanship. We would like to send you a Return Authorization (RA) number tomorrow and ask that your lower be returned per the instructions on the Product Support Form for evaluation.

Once received, it will be evaluated per our manufacturing standards and tolerances for conformity. We have a very high commitment to product quality and customer satisfaction so we look forward to addressing your concerns. Thank you.

Thank you,
Sales Department
FightLite® Industries
A Division of ARES Defense
View Quote
UPDATE 3 ... I've decided to pay return shipping to have my lower reviewed by the fightlight team for the 2 symptoms (documented prior) i believe to be representative of a warranty claim. The lower left NY yesterday via UPS
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:53:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Figured that I wouldn't clutter this photo thread with technical issue photos, so I posted my update in the Industry thread.  Turns out that my issue was not with my Ares SCR lowers; they seem to be fine, after all.  Instead, my Ares SCR upper is notably thicker on the right side than on the left.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 10:30:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By CarpNY:
Figured that I wouldn't clutter this photo thread with technical issue photos, so I posted my update in the Industry thread.  Turns out that my issue was not with my Ares SCR lowers; they seem to be fine, after all.  Instead, my Ares SCR upper is notably thicker on the right side than on the left.
View Quote
this seems like WAY MORE then a picture thread if i scroll through everything ... i'll post on the other thread too just to cover all basis...
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 10:56:19 AM EDT
[#6]
this seems like WAY MORE then a picture thread if i scroll through everything ... i'll post on the other thread too just to cover all basis...
View Quote
True, but since we have a thread in the Industry page that they are responding to, we can leave the meat of our technical posts there.  A quick note here can keep everyone up to date about the main takeaways.  Then, they can go to the other thread for the fine details.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 6:40:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Wow, I had a lot of interest in one of these when I heard of them a while back and being from CT, I start looking around to actually buy now and $600 for a lower? I get supply and demand but gouging the customers that don't have other options will lose this company more customers than gain. Short term gain while the market will support it as panic buying sets in for a big state like CA will hurt more in the long run. Oh well, it looked like a good option but not at that price and a company that gouges this way won't get my business even when it cools down.

Just one mans opinion.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 7:10:01 PM EDT
[#8]
As pointed out, you're getting the equivalent of a bolt carrier, buffer tube, buffer, buffer spring, stock, and partial LPK for that price.  Call it $350 for the lower, and it's only $40 more for the LRBHO when they have them in stock!  Don't forget to supply your own firing pin and bolt.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 1:41:00 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote
I wanted to add a data point around the thought that this may be a recent production issue. I have a complete rifle purchased August 2016 that shares the same characteristics. I would be inclined to believe others may and folks reporting will be told it's in spec as far as Fightlite is concerned. As most Ares uppers are immediately swapped out, there are likely only a fraction of users who run into it, which may explain why this has not been surfaced to this degree until now.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 5:50:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By erichm:

I wanted to add a data point around the thought that this may be a recent production issue. I have a complete rifle purchased August 2016 that shares the same characteristics. I would be inclined to believe others may and folks reporting will be told it's in spec as far as Fightlite is concerned. As most Ares uppers are immediately swapped out, there are likely only a fraction of users who run into it, which may explain why this has not been surfaced to this degree until now.
View Quote
if you dig through the thread you will see at least one user running a fightlite upper reporting the 'shooters right' concern as well...
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 9:52:16 AM EDT
[#11]
My SCR is a complete rifle and looks fine to me

Link Posted: 4/26/2017 6:34:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Andromax] [#12]
Looks great!
How bout a full body shot?
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 9:51:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Spinbang] [#13]
My rifle is nothing special, I like things simple. No plan for optics.
Its from before the new thread protector.
Anyway, here is the most overall shot I have right now:
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 11:55:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Spinbang:
My rifle is nothing special, I like things simple. No plan for optics.
Its from before the new thread protector.
Anyway, here is the most overall shot I have right now:
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii89/ezb57/IMG_2950_zpslw74c4bz.jpg
View Quote
Very nice!
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:40:10 PM EDT
[#15]

UPDATE 3 ... I've decided to pay return shipping to have my lower reviewed by the fightlight team for the 2 symptoms (documented prior) i believe to be representative of a warranty claim. The lower left NY yesterday via UPS
View Quote
UPDATE 4 (It's a lil premature for an update but I had a special request from one of the guys here) ...

the receiver has been with FightLite for 5 days, in that time I left 2 unreplied to voice mails and 1 e-mail (early this morning) ... 1-hour later the e-mail was responded to with the below note
++++++++++++++
Dear Mr. Aaaaa,

We have received your SCR lower receiver assembly that you sent in for evaluation. We apologize for the inconvenience, but the office is closed this week for NRA Annual Meetings and won't be back in the office until this coming Tuesday. A staff member will reach back out to you then to discuss your lower receiver. Thank you and have a nice weekend.

Thank you,
Sales Department
FightLite
++++++++++++++
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 11:17:22 PM EDT
[#16]

if you dig through the thread you will see at least one user running a fightlite upper reporting the 'shooters right' concern as well...
View Quote
Yes sir, that was what I was responding to. Two points. its not a recent production issue, and I expect anyresponse to be, 'its normal'

In my case, its causing issues with the bolt catch, but am holding off until there is mire info about responses to the currently highlighted issues.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 10:35:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By erichm:

Yes sir, that was what I was responding to. Two points. its not a recent production issue, and I expect anyresponse to be, 'its normal'

In my case, its causing issues with the bolt catch, but am holding off until there is mire info about responses to the currently highlighted issues.
View Quote
understood ... a few people have contacted me and are anxious to see how my 'issue' is handled before they each take decisions (ie. to buy/not to buy or warranty, etc.) ... that's why i feel so compelled to keep everyone updated with facts (no value statements/judgements)
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 5:22:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Don't know if these have already been posted.  Might be helpful:

http://www.chaosus.com/collections/all-acessories/products/h-k-style-sights

Link Posted: 5/16/2017 11:42:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SCR556] [#19]
I bought my SCR last year. This site was one of the reasons why I bought one - along with the Ares Defense site (the new Fightlite site pales compared to the old one). I checked and my rifle does not appear to have the alignment issues being reported recently - so maybe it is a more recent development?

That said, I am a bit disheartened to see the jump in price for the SCR lowers. It concerns me about what price I will ultimately pay for the iron sights when they get in. At the time, they quoted me $129 - which I thought was a little bit high then. I wonder what they will be now?

I called about the sights before buying the rifle and they told me they were out of stock but they would be available again in a month. I thought "that's OK, it will give my wallet a small break before getting them". So, I bought my rifle and called them a month later. They said it was going to be another month. I called again the next month and they offered to take my order and said my credit card won't be charged until they come in. I called a few more times before I gave up calling in and decided to just wait for them to contact me when they are in.That was last summer...still waiting....

In the meantime I bought a cheap red dot so I could shoot it - went too cheap and had to return it. I have since given up on seeing the iron sights any time soon and invested in better red dot in the form of a Sig Romeo5 for my rifle.

It is a neat little rifle and I enjoy shooting it, but I am regretting not being able to get any proprietary parts for it.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 6:47:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By SCR556:
I bought my SCR last year. This site was one of the reasons why I bought one - along with the Ares Defense site (the new Fightlite site pales compared to the old one). I checked and my rifle does not appear to have the alignment issues being reported recently - so maybe it is a more recent development?

That said, I am a bit disheartened to see the jump in price for the SCR lowers. It concerns me about what price I will ultimately pay for the iron sights when they get in. At the time, they quoted me $129 - which I thought was a little bit high then. I wonder what they will be now?

I called about the sights before buying the rifle and they told me they were out of stock but they would be available again in a month. I thought "that's OK, it will give my wallet a small break before getting them". So, I bought my rifle and called them a month later. They said it was going to be another month. I called again the next month and they offered to take my order and said my credit card won't be charged until they come in. I called a few more times before I gave up calling in and decided to just wait for them to contact me when they are in.That was last summer...still waiting....

In the meantime I bought a cheap red dot so I could shoot it - went too cheap and had to return it. I have since given up on seeing the iron sights any time soon and invested in better red dot in the form of a Sig Romeo5 for my rifle.

It is a neat little rifle and I enjoy shooting it, but I am regretting not being able to get any proprietary parts for it.
View Quote
Post in this thread.  Let's see if we can elicit some action on FL's part.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 8:06:26 AM EDT
[#21]
View Quote
They have, there is no vertical adjustment on them (other than selecting a different orifice) as they are intended for a Saiga 12.
You also have to drill and tap your rail to mount them, they don't clamp on.
They're pretty sweet on my .45, but I had to weld up and re-profile the front sight blade before sighting in.  Sighting in involved filing down the (now taller) front blade until I was on target.
Orifice #4 is good for about 100yd.
I usually leave it on wide open #1 and use the FastFire...

Link Posted: 5/17/2017 11:05:14 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm very happy with these CZ sights.

Link Posted: 5/18/2017 7:16:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 3:26:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Yeah, I was eyeballing the CZ sights last year as well - but they haven't been available for quite a while as well and requires having a full picatinny rail. I really would like to have the Ares sites - they look great on the rifle as well.

Besides, I just put an AB Arms hand guard on my rifle (great hand guard BTW and the Magpul one was getting loose after just 200 rounds through the rifle - disappointing) and I don't want to replace it again.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 5:06:37 PM EDT
[#25]
In stock at Brownells.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 6:28:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By glenn_r:
In stock at Brownells.
View Quote
I'm interested in these.  Are the monte Carlo stocks preferred?  I would be more interested in a youth type (shorter) stock
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 7:14:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Tankdawg0057:

I'm interested in these.  Are the monte Carlo stocks preferred?  I would be more interested in a youth type (shorter) stock
View Quote
The stocks are pretty small compared to a full sized rifle, even the Monte carlo
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 7:08:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CarpNY] [#28]
They are identical (on the outside) to synthetic stocks for the Remington 1100 shotgun, except for the recoil pad.  1100's pads are usually pretty thick rubber, while the SCRs use thin metal plates.  As such the LOP of an SCR is slightly shorter than an 1100.  As with some youth stocks on an 1100, the Sporter Short is an inch shorter than the standard Sporter and Monte Carlo stocks.  On my first SCR, before I installed the Walnut straight stock, I chopped about an inch off of my Sporter (basically, making a Sporter Short.)  It was still usable and better in tight spaces, but it definitely was getting short enough to be uncomfortable on the wrist over longer periods.

As for Monte Carlo vs. Sporter, they are the same size with the exception of the comb.  It's easier to make a setup with a good cheek weld on a Monte Carlo and it still ends up lower than what's used on an AR (absolute co-witness on AR iron sights is considered to be relatively low, but the same height optics are at the top of what works on an SCR.)  With a Sporter, medium rings give you more of a jaw weld.  Low rings are really needed for a good cheek weld.  I've actually used high rings (would actually give upper-1/3 co-witness on an AR, as the two extra-high ring heights are made for absolute and lower-1/3 co-witness) for a red dot on a Sporter and it was doable, but not ideal (definitely wouldn't want to run a magnifying scope that way.)  I would go Monte Carlo, given the choice, as it would be easy to find someone to trade with, if you decide you don't like it.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 3:01:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SCR556] [#29]
They are identical (on the outside) to synthetic stocks for the Remington 1100 shotgun, except for the recoil pad.  1100's pads are usually pretty thick rubber, while the SCRs use thin metal plates.
View Quote
I ordered a couple of rubber recoil pad for my SCR - but neither one would fit. It seems that the baseplate is a bit smaller than the one found on a Remington.

Anyone find any recoil pads that fit the SCR without (much) modification?

The standard Sport stock and Monte Carlo stock have pretty short LoP - I can only imagine how the short stock would work for an adult.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 9:15:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CarpNY] [#30]
The standard Sport stock and Monte Carlo stock have pretty short LoP - I can only imagine how the short stock would work for an adult.
View Quote
It depends on how you are standing/shooting.  If I try to use it like a traditional hunting rifle in a more bladed stance (off shoulder toward the target), then I do find it short.  However, if I'm squared to the target, then I don't find it short, at all (for reference, I'm 6'2" with reasonably long arms.)
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:17:38 AM EDT
[#31]

UPDATE 4 (It's a lil premature for an update but I had a special request from one of the guys here) ...

the receiver has been with FightLite for 5 days, in that time I left 2 unreplied to voice mails and 1 e-mail (early this morning) ... 1-hour later the e-mail was responded to with the below note
++++++++++++++
Dear Mr. Aaaaa,

We have received your SCR lower receiver assembly that you sent in for evaluation. We apologize for the inconvenience, but the office is closed this week for NRA Annual Meetings and won't be back in the office until this coming Tuesday. A staff member will reach back out to you then to discuss your lower receiver. Thank you and have a nice weekend.

Thank you,
Sales Department
FightLite
++++++++++++++
View Quote
UPDATE 5
My apology for forgetting to post ... i had a couple people inquire specifically to this concern this week and that has served as a reminder to make the 5th and final update. The receiver is now back here with me returned from FightLite after passing their quality inspection. just like prior i'll post the correspondence with them below. I'll also answer the question that's already been asked of me twice prior.

Q: how did the return go?
A: Through this experience I learned that "FightLite's quality standard" is below "my expectation of quality" ... had i had a way to know this prior to purchase i likely would not have purchased. I also learned that "FightLite's expectation of a positive customer experience" is far below the "customer experience I provide to even my worst clients"

*admittedly the above is the first time i've shared my experience/viewpoint ... all prior updates were just the correspondence copy paste. We all know n=1 is not significant so do with this perspective what you chose...
+++++++++++++
Dear Mr. Aaaaaa,

Our quality assurance staff has completed their measurement review of your SCR lower receiver serial No. SR-30xyz and have determined that it is within both design and manufacturing specification limits.
Additionally, our staff has assembled five (5) separate MIL-Spec (AO and Colt) upper receiver bodies to your lower since you also indicated a concern with the takedown pins and we find no interference with pin alignment.
Accordingly, we find no matter that can be resolved under a warranty issue or replacement and will return your lower receiver assembly Serial No. SR-30366 to you today via common contract carrier.
Thank you and please feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you,
Sales Department
FightLite® Industries
---------------------------
Thank you for the prompt reply,

Please sit tight in the return shipping for a day or so.
I would like to arrange to return the receiver to Midwest Gun Works for a refund ... perhaps we can just arrange to have you send it to them directly.
I'll contact the Brian at Midwest Gun Works late today or tomorrow (Thursday) and get an RA, etc. from them. Unless they reply to this note first.

Thank you
Aaaaa
--------------------------
Dear Mr. Aaaaa,

Received your request and will hold on return shipping. Thank you.

Thank you,
Sales Department
FightLite® Industries
---------------------------
FightLite,

I spoke with the nice folks at Midwest Gun Works yesterday, they phoned me immediately upon receipt of the prior email. Midwest Gun Works has a policy not to accept returns post the FFL transfer and they encourage customers, in times like this, to work directly with the manufacturer.
This experience, so far, has left me with a really lousy feeling and I would like to explain why in hopes you, a consumer as well may relate.
As a mechanical Engineer, Fabricator & aspiring (part time) machinist I have perhaps an exceptional understanding of design & manufacturing constraint, latitude & entitlement. I also understand specification (and tolerance), APQ, etc. and fully understand that this part (SCR lower) falls within FightLite tolerance for acceptable product quality.
All said, this is the first time I have purchased a firearm and upon receipt realized the manufacturer's standards are not what I thought they were.  Had I known in advance of purchase the, 3 things I find 'unacceptable' are in fact acceptable/normal in FightLite's eyes I would have simply never purchased the item in the first place ... and of course avoided this 'situation' in total.
At this point I fully acknowledge your quality standard is different then mine. I also fully realise this is a huge pain in the neck for all three parties involved. All said as the paying customer I got delivered something less than I expected from FightLite after I did all the pre-purchase diligence I could do.  
I feel like the honorable thing for FightLite to do at this point is refund the costs I have incurred and simply put the 100% new lower, paperwork, box, etc. back in the que for another customer.

SCR - $604.00
shipping from MWG to NY FFL - $15.99
FFL transfer fee - $25.00
return shipping to FighLite - $26.15 (RA-26xy)
Thank you for your interest in making this 'situation' right.

Sincerely,
Aaaaa  
----------------------
Mr. Aaaaa,

As stated in our previous communication with you, our staff measured your SCR lower receiver serial No. SR-30xyz and determined that it is within both design and manufacturing specification limits. It was further assembled with multiple (verifiable) MIL-Spec upper receiver bodies fitted to your lower and detected no interference with pin alignment.  
You admit yourself that you "did all the pre-purchase diligence I could do" and so you must have had a comfort level with our quality reputation, past performance and customer satisfaction with our products before you made the decision to purchase an SCR lower to build your rifle. For 20 years, our company and its staff have made it a priority to manufacture quality products and to provide good customer service; and if we had found a problem with your lower that merited a replacement we would have no issue paying for your shipping charges to us and replacement of the component. But as stated before, we don't recognize or accept the issue that you claim.
You are now taking a position that you would like (FightLite) to provide you with a full refund of your purchase and all subsequent charges. But sir, we did not sell you this product directly or have any decision making input for how you purchased it or any subsequent charges that may have been incurred for shipping, transfers, etc.
And to be perfectly frank I find the conclusion of your last email startling and offensive; and very suggestive of your personality when you state, "I feel like the honorable thing for FightLite to do at this point is refund the costs I have incurred and simply put the 100% new lower, paperwork, box, etc. back in the que for another customer." We would never knowingly ship a faulty product to a customer. And for you to actually believe that it is somehow faulty and then suggest putting it "back in the que for another customer" is very dishonorable and beyond shameful.
I really wish that we could somehow be more accommodating, but unfortunately we cannot beyond absorbing the costs for return shipping of your SCR lower back to you next week. And I personally believe that if you completed your build, you would actually really enjoy your SCR as many thousands of other satisfied customers do.
Thank you for your understanding, have a nice weekend and we will advise you of your UPS Tracking Number when your lower ships back out to you.

Thank you,
Sales Department
FightLite® Industries
-----------------------------

The receiver was returned approx. 2-weeks post this final correspondence from FightLite Sales Dept. ...
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:31:49 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 11:14:13 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By bTanZ:  UPDATE 5
My apology for forgetting to post ... i had a couple people inquire specifically to this concern this week and that has served as a reminder to make the 5th and final update. The receiver is now back here with me returned from FightLite after passing their quality inspection. just like prior i'll post the correspondence with them below. I'll also answer the question that's already been asked of me twice prior.
View Quote
We're now 28 pages in.  Mind either posting pics or links to the original issue?
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 5:34:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By backbencher:

We're now 28 pages in.  Mind either posting pics or links to the original issue?
View Quote
sorry not sure how to link but it pretty much gets started on page 27...
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 7:28:45 AM EDT
[#35]
Be sure to check the SCR  lower receiver thread linked herein (sorry not sure which page). It's too bad Flightlyte has all these issues. I would buy 2 or 3 of these lowers this year... IF the company was on the up and up. Too bad. Really.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 8:41:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Timmy2Knives:
Be sure to check the SCR  lower receiver thread linked herein (sorry not sure which page). It's too bad Flightlyte has all these issues. I would buy 2 or 3 of these lowers this year... IF the company was on the up and up. Too bad. Really.
View Quote
oh geezzzz i didn't even know of that thread too....
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 7:01:11 AM EDT
[#37]
View Quote
But, but ... you're the biggest poster in it!
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 4:53:10 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote
Yeah, I didn't either.

I have used the forum search several times and this is the only thread it seems to find on the SCR - so how would anyone know about any other threads?
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 9:21:08 PM EDT
[#39]
I have used the forum search several times and this is the only thread it seems to find on the SCR - so how would anyone know about any other threads?
View Quote
Google "SCR site:AR15.com"
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 10:16:41 AM EDT
[#40]

But, but ... you're the biggest poster in it!
View Quote
haha ... i was told by some "New Yorker" that was the "industry page".  and i take that as a merit badge "biggest poster in it" ... as a newB to forum posting that's a step toward "keyboard commando"  ;)
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 12:03:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Wanting to add a bolt catch,anyone know where to find them? My searching has turned up nada.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 3:00:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Andromax:
Wanting to add a bolt catch,anyone know where to find them? My searching has turned up nada.
View Quote
I bought mine from eBay over a year ago. I just looked on eBay and there are no listings anymore.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 10:42:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By TheTallest:
I bought mine from eBay over a year ago. I just looked on eBay and there are no listings anymore.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheTallest:
Originally Posted By Andromax:
Yeah, they come and go. I suspect that the seller on eBay has the same supply issues as anyone else when it comes to SCR parts.

Keep an eye out and do a search from time to time on eBay - they will be back in stock again eventually.
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 3:18:25 AM EDT
[#44]
Due to price increases, poor quality, and even worse CS, my interest in this has now dried up...I'm not even considering risking ***$600*** on an SCR lower.

Not now, not ever.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 5:13:05 PM EDT
[#45]
For those who haven't added an ambi-mag release yet:

Battle Steel AR15/M4 Ambi-Mag Release
https://www.botach.com/battle-steel-ar15-m4-ambi-mag-release/?utm_source=cc&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=BattleSteelAMBIMAGPROMO_060717

Works exactly like the Norgon. I have one on my rife and it works great!
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 12:04:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CarpNY] [#46]
And here's another ambi mag-release option:

(Standard lever)

(Extended lever)
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 8:21:16 PM EDT
[#47]
After shooting my new fightlite a couple times, I decided that what it really needed was a pistol grip.

Link Posted: 6/16/2017 8:58:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 1:04:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: backbencher] [#49]
Originally Posted By MRW: That's just trolling now.
View Quote
 Says the fugitive from the Thought Police.

That's hilarious, Regal.  Well done.  Have you shot it w/ that stock?

Welcome to ARFCOM.  Got any Legos?

ETA:  It looks like that FN/Benelli thing that isn't an AR.  Put a Faxon ARAK upper on it and no one will know what it is.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 2:16:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By backbencher:  That's hilarious, Regal.  Well done.  Have you shot it w/ that stock?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By backbencher:  That's hilarious, Regal.  Well done.  Have you shot it w/ that stock?
Yes, its quite amusing.  The ergonomics are wonky, it feels kinda like a FAL or a stretched ak.  Regular iron sights are way to tall.  The stock is stolen off my Rem 870 Tactical.  Recoil is 9mm light.  First time I shot it I laughed out loud cause my mind was getting ready for a shotgun kick.

Welcome to ARFCOM. Got any Legos?
Thanks, this is the first AR I'll be building for myself.  Probably wood furniture and a side charger.  The upper is currently being borrowed off my LE6920.
Page / 45
FightLite / ARES SCR Pics (Page 28 of 45)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top