Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/4/2015 10:24:39 AM EDT
Should I trade my lwrc M6-G for a scar 16?
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 10:27:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't make that trade.  As long as your rifle functions properly and is accurate, why get rid of it?
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 10:35:45 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm all for a better system, mine functions flawlessly. Just didn't know if there were any advantages to the scar
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 10:38:42 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd rather have an LWRC.

ymmv
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 10:49:34 AM EDT
[#4]
I've had both SCAR 16s and LWRC IC-E. Kept the IC-E and ditched the SCAR.

My LWRC is softer shooting and had faster follow up shots than the SCAR. Also has the advantage of using a standard bolt.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 11:14:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd rather have an LWRC.

ymmv
View Quote

I concur. If I already had a LWRC and could afford to buy a SCAR-16 in addition, I would. Although I have a lot of ARs already, a LWRC is on my list. The only SCAR I really want is the 17.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 11:15:46 AM EDT
[#6]
I would keep the LWRC and get a 17 if you want a SCAR.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:07:01 PM EDT
[#7]
LWRC.  The SCAR 16 just doesn't do anything better than the M-4 platform.  Now, all bets are off in the case of a SCAR 17.  Then I'd FO.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:16:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Stick with your LWRC, if you can afford the SCAR then get that on top of keeping the LWRC.  As others have said, no real advantage of the SCAR.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:29:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Should I trade my lwrc M6-G for a scar 16?
View Quote

no way

The lwrc has one of the best barrels, bolts/bcg, and pistons designed in the business.  The platform is accurate, reliable, seen duty, and has superior grade components/metals.

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:29:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I've had both SCAR 16s and LWRC IC-E. Kept the IC-E and ditched the SCAR.

My LWRC is softer shooting and had faster follow up shots than the SCAR. Also has the advantage of using a standard bolt.
View Quote

forgot about the bolt....spot on
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:57:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
LWRC.  The SCAR 16 just doesn't do anything better than the M-4 platform.  Now, all bets are off in the case of a SCAR 17.  Then I'd FO.
View Quote

I have both the LWRC M6A2 SPR  and a SCAR16S. The SCAR 16S simply won't shoot as well as the SPR. I rarely shoot the SCAR 16s as it's mediocre accuracy is frustrating. I've work many types on hand load combinations and shot FGMM and it still is a chore to get it anywhere near 1 moa. The SCAR 17S on the other hand shoots as well or better than the LWRC REPR.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 3:32:53 PM EDT
[#12]
SCAR 16 no.  SCAR 17 I would say yes.

Not enough benefit to the 16 over an AR.  The AR has WAY WAY more accessories available to customize and tweak the rifle than the SCAR.  Parts are way cheaper also and performance difference is slim if any.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 7:10:27 PM EDT
[#13]
I would keep the LWRC if it were me, if I had a lot of AR's "2-3"  and a LWRC. I would probably trade/sell a few of the others if I really wanted a Scar. I don't see the benefits of getting rid of the LWRC for the Scar unless you just really want one!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top