BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/26/2015 10:53:57 PM EDT
I'd like to start an M4 build soon, but if I'm going to do it I want it done right, I will not compromise, the trouble is most "M4" uppers on the market are not correct, and I know of only 2 that are, BCM and LMT, are there any others?  I need the WHOLE list checked off, not just most of it, I want ALL of it.  I like BCM and LMT but them having the parts actually in stock is often an issue, as is often the price, so who else, if anyone, is there?

Also I want a 14.5 inch NOT a 16 inch.

UPDATE: I was right, just like last time it was in stock right up until the moment I cashed my check, now it's out of stock.  This is why I made this thread.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:57:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Colt, FN
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:07:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Colt- LE6921
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:14:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I should perhaps clarify that.  It must be a company that will actually sell an upper by itself.

Last I checked FN does not sell AR's, or uppers on the civilian market.

Colt sells complete rifles, but not uppers, uppers can be had on the secondary market, but only at a jacked up price, and only with 16 inch barrels.  Their complete rifles also only have 16 inch barrels and the lowers are not AT ALL correct, they have shaved down selector stops and oversized fire control group pins, not to mention having to much metal at the back (I want a low shelf).
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:19:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I should perhaps clarify that.  It must be a company that will actually sell an upper by itself.

Colt sells complete rifles, but not uppers, uppers can be had on the secondary market, but only at a jacked up price, and only with 16 inch barrels.  Their complete rifles also only have 16 inch barrels and the lowers are not AT ALL correct, they have shaved down selector stops and oversized fire control group pins, not to mention having to much metal at the back (I want a low shelf).
View Quote

It's been a while since you checked.
http://www.fnhusa.com/l/products/carbines/fn-15-series/

14.5" barrels, price is a tad high, but you have to pay to play.
http://www.specializedarmament.com/catalog/Upper_Rec_Groups-283-0.html
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:21:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Edited...VA-gunnut

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:23:52 PM EDT
[#6]
And colt hasn't sold guns with lowers with large fcg pins in like 7 years I believe.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:25:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Colt LE6921 14.5" M4 Upper[/url]. You can even get it with a pinned A2X.
View Quote

Not allowed to link to that site. They're a banned vendor here.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:36:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
And colt hasn't sold guns with lowers with large fcg pins in like 7 years I believe.
View Quote

I'll stand corrected then, but they still mill the selector stops off, at least according to the pictures I just looked up.  Why can't they just make a normal lower like everyone else?
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:37:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

$1,000+ for JUST the upper!  They make BCM look cheap, no way would I pay that.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:43:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

BCM uppers aren't that expensive

If you want to build a clone, it won't be cheap

Id just buy the BCM
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:49:30 PM EDT
[#11]
I would just buy a colt barrel and upper off of the EE. You can do it for under 400 with a little patience. Add a BCG from a reputable manufacturer and you're good to go.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:57:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Id just buy the BCM
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Id just buy the BCM

I would like the BCM, and I agree their prices are not that bad, but they are almost NEVER in stock so if I want one I would have to track one down on the secondary market and pay a scalpers price.  They have some NOW, but will they when I'm ready to order in a few weeks?
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:01:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I would like the BCM, and I agree their prices are not that bad, but they are almost NEVER in stock so if I want one I would have to track one down on the secondary market and pay a scalpers price.  They have some NOW, but will they when I'm ready to order in a few weeks?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Id just buy the BCM

Buy as soon as possible, the free bcg deal is in its last few days

Or just wait
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:30:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Or just wait
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Id just buy the BCM

Or just wait

Do you know when it ends?

Best case scenario is 1 week when I get paid.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 7:11:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Your google fu is kinda weak.   I've been checking the bcm site 2x a week since NYD.  The 14.5 gov't profile has been in stock the entire time.
Save your pennies.  When you have the cash and if bcm is out of stock you have several other alternatives.

Spikes and cmmg are two well built alternatives.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 7:18:26 AM EDT
[#16]
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/952052/colt-ar-15-pistol-flat-top-upper-receiver-assembly-556x45mm-nato-145-barrel-flip-up-rear-sight?cm_vc=ProductFinding
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 7:39:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 8:10:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Look on gunbroker for a Colt upper. Comparable in price to BCM.

I wouldn't consider LMT a correct M4 upper, they deviate too much such as not parkerizing under the FSB and not using taper pins for the FSB. but then again I'm nitpicky
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 8:19:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Or just wait
View Quote

lol. I've been getting emails saying "final days!" "ends soon!" for the last 6 months.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 9:07:21 AM EDT
[#20]
What I would recommend is to buy an upper receiver with the M4 feed ramps, buy a 14.5" M4 profile barrel assembly, a side sling swivel, a good quality M16 BCG, and slap it on the lower of your choice. I built an basic M4 clone about two years and did so for around $600. It even has a Colt barrel. It does not have a fancy name on it, but it is rock solid and dependable. Having patience and shopping wisely can have stellar results.

BTW, CMMG also offer a 14.5" M4 type upper assembly.

CMMG Mk4
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:46:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Colt does sell complete 6921 uppers, part number is 6921CK. That's about as 'real M4' as your can get.

They are available from a number of vendors, I've seen recently in $6-700 range.

SAW is expensive on everything.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:17:30 PM EDT
[#22]
I have an LMT 14.5 "M4" upper that has been VERY reliable.

So much so that it's my go-to upper/rifle.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:32:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/952052/colt-ar-15-pistol-flat-top-upper-receiver-assembly-556x45mm-nato-145-barrel-flip-up-rear-sight?cm_vc=ProductFinding
View Quote

You want to do an M4 right? this is the way.

BCG, hand guards and rear BUIS included. this is a great deal.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:42:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

That is a good deal for a complete 14.5" Colt upper assembly.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:17:39 PM EDT
[#25]
The vendor which can not be named has Colt 6921 complete uppers for $627.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:25:54 PM EDT
[#26]
It's hard to find a good M4 clone (as in, not a tarded 16" barrel).  Colt and LMT are your best bet.

I recently found an old Del Ton 14.7 clone upper from a special run.  Can't beat a $400 price tag.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:29:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, I got my peepee slapped for mentioning "them" already.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 7:28:45 PM EDT
[#28]
If you want a correct M4 upper, buy a Colt of build it yourself. FN parts are available on the EE. IMHO, an M4 upper with the letters B-C-M bukkaked all over it isn't correct.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 9:46:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I'd like to start an M4 build soon, but if I'm going to do it I want it done right, I will not compromise, the trouble is most "M4" uppers on the market are not correct, and I know of only 2 that are, BCM and LMT, are there any others?  I need the WHOLE list checked off, not just most of it, I want ALL of it.  I like BCM and LMT but them having the parts actually in stock is often an issue, as is often the price, so who else, if anyone, is there?

Also I want a 14.5 inch NOT a 16 inch.
View Quote

I went with a BCM upper and barrel. The thing that appealed me about the BCM bare upper is that it doesn't have a logo except near the entry to the gas port which is invisible once you put your handguard on.. The only thing I didn't like is that they didn't sell a stripped upper and I wanted to install a teardrop forward assist, so I had to knock out the old one and put in the one I wanted.

You'll have to get the 14.5 pinned unless you plan to go the NFA route. BCM sells uppers in 14.5 (pinned) and they are in stock right now. You can get the complete upper with bolt and handguard.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 9:47:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lmao
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 12:24:15 AM EDT
[#31]
Just buy the parts on the EE. I just bought a Colt SOCOM barrel on the EE for like $235, a Colt upper for $130 and am working on the BCG.

Quoted:
If you want a correct M4 upper, buy a Colt of build it yourself. FN parts are available on the EE. IMHO, an M4 upper with the letters B-C-M bukkaked all over it isn't correct.
View Quote

Ok so I'm not the only one who doesn't like the "BCM" all over their stuff. I'd buy so much from them if they didn't do that. (No I don't paint my guns.)

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 1:07:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Your google fu is kinda weak.   I've been checking the bcm site 2x a week since NYD.  The 14.5 gov't profile has been in stock the entire time.
Save your pennies.  When you have the cash and if bcm is out of stock you have several other alternatives.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's the alternatives I'm looking for.  That's because this all happened before, I was ready to buy the very same upper from BCM, and right before I had the cash available they went out of stock and were not in for months, and by that time I had already spent the money on something else I wanted, hence this thread.  I want a standby.

I've no doubt that cmmg and Spikes make a quality product, but are they 100% CORRECT?  This is a clone, not just a build.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 1:13:03 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

It's the alternatives I'm looking for.  That's because this all happened before, I was ready to buy the very same upper from BCM, and right before I had the cash available they went out of stock and were not in for months, and by that time I had already spent the money on something else I wanted, hence this thread.  I want a standby.

I've no doubt that cmmg and Spikes make a quality product, but are they 100% CORRECT?  This is a clone, not just a build.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only thing that is going to be 100% correct is Colt. You can also use FN parts; surplus, not commercial.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 1:26:16 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So you want cheap, quality, fast? There's a saying about that. Pick two of the three criteria.

If you have a low budget, you will have to settle. A clone means COLT only. You won't find a 6921 barrel or upper for cheap. You could always get a 6920 and have the barrel cut when you have more cash.

But seriously, clones aren't cheap. So maybe adjust your expectations.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 1:28:40 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:36:58 AM EDT
[#36]
Or build it yourself.  That's what I did.  I can't remember whose upper receiver I used, but I put a DD 14.5" barrel on it, A2 flash hider, GI charging handle, full-profile BCG, and a KAC M4 RAS.  I use my Aimpoint PRO on it.

If you "need" your upper to be "correct," then doing it yourself will get you the "correct" you're looking for.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:50:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You need to define what you mean by 100% correct.   Are you looking for an upper that has the hp/mpi testing on barrel and bcg?  Are you looking for a 4150 chrome lined 1x7 carbine gas 14.5  barrel.  Food for thought even if you buy a bcm upper it isn't going to be a 100% clone.  Unless you have a sbr the muzzle device isn't going to be the same and it will be pin and welded.

CMMG offers an m4 clone with a 4150 chrome lined barrel and extended a2.   Spike's used to but i'm to lazy to google it before my 2nd cup of coffee to see if they still do.

I'll say it again your google-fu is weak.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:38:13 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He had them cheaper last year, got my 6921 upper from he who can't be named back in May for almost $100 less.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 11:36:14 AM EDT
[#39]
I thought BCM was 14.7" ?????   Could have swore their was another thread on it the other day....

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 11:58:57 AM EDT
[#40]
I just build my own with correct Colt, FN, LMT, or BCM parts. I think the only complete M4 I bought was a LMT, and I traded that away at the height of the panic for a Colt .45 Officer ACP. Looking back, that was a fantastic trade As others have said, I am not a fan of BCM's laser etched logo on their uppers. I built my Block II clone using all BCM parts, to include a BCM 14.5" SOCOM barrel and BCM demo upper. The best part of that deal was it didn't have the BCM laser marking on the side.

In my garage I have a brand new Colt 14.5" SOCOM barrel I scored off the EE for $240 USD,  and a smoking deal I got off Gunbroker from a reputable member for a Colt M4 upper, BCG, and charging handle for $357 USD. I had a Cot gas tube  and roll pin I bought at Brownells last year, so my new 1.5 PR upper build cost me $597 USD. The deals are there; you just got find them.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 12:04:14 PM EDT
[#41]
I don't believe Colt sells a pinned 14.5" to the commercial market.  You may have to settle with BCM or DD.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 1:15:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep. i would sooner buy from Midway for $627 than that hack G&*
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 7:24:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Well, I just got paid, and I went straight back to Bravo Companies website, and the upper I wanted (M4 SOCOM) just went out of stock.  Just like last time.  This is why I made this thread.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 7:37:16 PM EDT
[#44]
LMT barrels > BCMs.

I know it's not socom but I'd take it over either. That being said, if your heart is set on a socom barrel I would stick with colt and just build my own upper. If you don't have the tools, collect the parts yourself and take them to a shop or find a member here who will help you out locally.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 8:16:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Well, I just got paid, and I went straight back to Bravo Companies website, and the upper I wanted (M4 SOCOM) just went out of stock.  Just like last time.  This is why I made this thread.
View Quote

this is the first time you mentioned wanting a soccom profile.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 8:40:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Is there any objection to building your own M4 upper? 14.5" M4 profile barrels are plentiful as are the upper receivers with M4 feedramps.

Here is a Colt 14.5" SOCOM barrel from Brownells.

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/barrel-parts/rifle-barrels/14-5-m4-socom-barrel-assembly-with-sight-tower-prod71337.aspx
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 9:43:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Learn save your money, like an adult. Getting pissy because of your inability to save and buy doesnt make you look good.

Here's some advice for your next thread since this is the first time you've mentioned a socom profile barrel:
Next time you want help, be specific.
Make a list of the actual parts you want, that way we don't have to guess WTF you're thinking.
Research a little before starting a thread. This will get you far in life.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 9:47:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

On brownells I am seeing colt uppers for sale, fyi.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 9:56:42 PM EDT
[#49]
And if it is out of stock at BCM. buy one from one of the other dealers on this site. I think ratworx sells colt uppers.

You can also get what you need from the EE so not sure what the issue is.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 10:05:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Is there any objection to building your own M4 upper? 14.5" M4 profile barrels are plentiful as are the upper receivers with M4 feedramps.

Here is a Colt 14.5" SOCOM barrel from Brownells.

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/barrel-parts/rifle-barrels/14-5-m4-socom-barrel-assembly-with-sight-tower-prod71337.aspx
View Quote

Yes, I don't have the tools.  I can build my own lower,but the upper is beyond my abilities.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top