BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 8:18:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I bought a new Bushmaster M4A3 last November when I found it on sale for $600 after rebate.  I've only put a little over 400 rounds through it different brands of 5.56 and .223 with no malfunctions or even a blip. Fit and finish are excellent. It was accurate right out of the box. Gas key was well staked.  The same place is selling them for $999.99 now.

I also bought a PSA M4A3 premium upper with an FN barrel, and a PSA classic complete lower. With an Aim Surplus BCG, I have another complete AR carbine that actually cost me less than the Bushy. A little over $500 for all the parts. It runs great too. I would have a hard time picking one over the other.  I don't plan on doing a lot of shooting, maybe a couple hundred rounds a month.

That being said, I wonder if it's better to have two mediocre ARs, or should I have spent the $1100 on a Colt?  That is a rhetorical question. In my case, I'm happier with the two.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 8:38:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Really, Colt 6920s aren't $1100 rifles,  they're sub $900 guns.

If BM were positioned as the $500 look alikes they are, there would be less controversy. But they're often priced and positioned the same as their much better built competitors.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 1:23:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top