Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 5
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 10:36:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Hanovi,

" Trigger Prices " at Midway show our S7 Toolroom MBT trigger pricing to be about in the middle.  

I bet if you bought an MBT and then compared it to a mass-produced trigger,  you'd have a much better idea than a guy that hasn't touched a LaRue trigger and likely never will.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Has anyone tried it? I am tossing this and a geissele SDC up to drop in my lower

Hanovi,

" Trigger Prices " at Midway show our S7 Toolroom MBT trigger pricing to be about in the middle.  

I bet if you bought an MBT and then compared it to a mass-produced trigger,  you'd have a much better idea than a guy that hasn't touched a LaRue trigger and likely never will.

Please help us unwashed arfcommers with this issue on the upcoming Black Friday.  
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 11:16:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 11:17:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Please help us unwashed arfcommers with this issue on the upcoming Black Friday.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Has anyone tried it? I am tossing this and a geissele SDC up to drop in my lower

Hanovi,

Made me chuckle.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 9:14:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 9:28:50 AM EDT
[#5]
I think if you did a blind shoot off with MDT and a Geissele, very few would be able to consistently tell the difference.

I think geissele makes a fine trigger, and so does larue.  I can't imagine a legitimate complaint about either.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 9:39:31 AM EDT
[#6]
"Power is like being a lady... if you have to tell people you are, you aren't." -Margaret Thatcher

Link Posted: 6/25/2015 10:28:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 12:33:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Now that I have had some time behind this trigger, I have to say that I am impressed. I did buy this trigger off the sale (Thanks Mark!) and I know at the beginning of this thread, I did say the price was a bit high at $250, they have since come down some in price to a point that when I do have to buy another trigger it will be a tough choice to make.

First, I do like how during installation I did not have mess with the disconnector as it is pinned and how tight it feels in the lower, it is not going anywhere. I also love the face of the trigger as it is smooth and wide. I tested this side by side with my G, SSA-E, and they are very close in feel and trigger break. I do feel that the MBT resets faster but I don’t think this is a bad thing. Overall, I am very impressed and would not hesitate to put another in one of my other rifles.

Link Posted: 6/26/2015 4:07:38 PM EDT
[#9]
I just purchased the MBT-2S I will be putting it up against my 8 other Giissele triggers I own.
Can't believe I missed the fathers day sale would have purchased 2 of them
Hey mark any more sales coming up ? Need 2 more triggers
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 4:34:28 PM EDT
[#10]
I am greatly considering one to replace a G2S. the G2S pissed me off the way it installed, and I think my bitterness makes me think its not as nice as the SSA I used to have even though its supposed to be the same. I have 4 geisseles, and if I replace the G2S there is no reason not to try the MBT, especially at 199. I'm just a little early in looking at toys to where my wife would be very upset because we have a big vacation coming up in a month and I'm not supposed to be buying toys and dipping into our cruise money

hmm, what to do

ETA: found the barrel thread... trigger on back burner
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 7:48:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 8:24:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Well you can put me down for another one.  

I paid full price for the first one, missed the Fathers Day sale, but at $199....  I'll bite!

I'm a longbtime SSA and SSA-E user and I think the -E and the MBT are very close with the Larue just being a classier unit altogether.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 7:14:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 9:14:30 AM EDT
[#14]
I know that LaRue makes a top quality product but......

Has anyone else noticed that the only reviews you can find on this trigger have been written by people that either got the triggers for free or got them at a substantial discount.  

It just seems to me that all LaRue has done has bought good reviews.... as far as I know Geissele hasn't given any triggers away or sold them for half price to get a good review.  

I'm sure the MBT is a wonderful trigger but until I can see some honest reviews  (in my opinion) I'm on the fence about what trigger to get.

Again these are just my opinions on the matter, feel free to flame away.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 9:20:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I know that LaRue makes a top quality product but......

Has anyone else noticed that the only reviews you can find on this trigger have been written by people that either got the triggers for free or got them at a substantial discount.  

It just seems to me that all LaRue has done has bought good reviews.... as far as I know Geissele hasn't given any triggers away or sold them for half price to get a good review.  

I'm sure the MBT is a wonderful trigger but until I can see some honest reviews  (in my opinion) I'm on the fence about what trigger to get.

Again these are just my opinions on the matter, feel free to flame away.
View Quote

I paid full price for my trigger, and I've disagreed with Mark online more than once, disqualifying me from fanboi status.

It's a damn good trigger. I'd pay full price again without hesitation.

But I did get some dillo dust and a copy of the Constitution with my order, so maybe my opinion was bought after all.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 9:47:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 11:09:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Fatguy7814,

Is it a coincidence you posted right after the post above yours ?

View Quote

Not at all, it's just the trend I noticed when scrolling through this 7 page thread....  I had ample time to buy one of your triggers the night of the Father's Day sale, but when I saw the ad I thought "hmmmmmm, that's a great price on a trigger offered by a top tier manufacturer."  But like I do with all my purchases I research before I buy and I've read all the reviews on Geissele, CMC, Timney and the likes and when I started googleing the MBT I found several reviews all of which were by people who were fortunate enough to receive one for free.

Now not to take anything away for the quality of the unit, you and I both know that our opinion of a product that we received for free is going to be slightly biased.

I realize that this trigger is still somewhat new to the market, so there are going to be fewer reviews but as time passes I'm sure more and more reviews will pop up and will help me make my decision.

I'm in no way trying to bash your company or your product and I have been very very pleased with every LaRue product I have every owned.... I just wanted to share my observations on the subject.  

With all of that being said I still haven't decided on my next trigger because I do want to see some more reviews on this one, and I believe more and more are going to be coming out, and this trigger is still in the running to replace my ol Armalite 2 stage.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 11:24:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 11:33:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
^^^

I won't point out we've got yet another half-off deal going right now on our meticulously made 5.56 barrels.  
Besides, who really needs to shoot a crow in the head at 200 yards anyway.

View Quote

Don't think I didn't already know about that ..... Now the reviews on the accuracy of your barrels are good to go and very well documented.  It's a very tempting promotion.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 12:22:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 12:30:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Yet you have a sneaking suspicion I might've decided to build the second best trigger ?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
^^^

I won't point out we've got yet another half-off deal going right now on our meticulously made 5.56 barrels.  

Don't think I didn't already know about that ..... Now the reviews on the accuracy of your barrels are good to go and very well documented.  It's a very tempting promotion.

Yet you have a sneaking suspicion I might've decided to build the second best trigger ?

.... Very good point.... but I would be just as skeptical if Mr. Geissele started making barrels.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 1:11:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
^^^

When my stealth barrel gets here, I'll be building a new rifle with both LaRue trigger and barrel, and plan to re-do the MOA all day competition....  I'll go ahead and make my claim.... another entry in the top 10 with that combination.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:51:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 2:53:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 3:00:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Well shit. Right now my 308 has a standard MILSPEC556 trigger and while I'm getting decent groups, they need to be a touch tighter for me to be happy. I shot mu buddies SSA-E and loved it, but after looking through here, I'm thinking the LaRue might be the ticket. Besides I own zero LaRue stuff and quite frankly that's just not right for an AR enthusiast

Mark, quick question, I know for awhile there you weren't selling to LE in ban states. Is this still the case?

And before anyone jumps my ass, this isn't meant as a jab towards LaRue, in fact I respect him for that decision.
View Quote

wasn't aware I made a trigger.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 1:41:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Ok so I needed 2 more triggers which I was going to order 2- SSA-E's which you can buy for $200 shipped.I already own 8 Geissele's triggers 2-High Speed DMR's, 4-SSA's, 2-S3G's. Then I saw Larue has there MBT-2S for $199 i read some good reviews so why not give one a shot. I installed the MBT-2S yesterday and did some dry fire testing against the DMR and SSA all triggers lubed very well.
DMR 1st stage pull 2.3 lbs very smooth- 2ND stage pull 1.0 lbs very crisp break like glass immediately with the slightest movement with a positive reset perfect trigger IMO my favorite.
SSA 1st stage pull 2.5 lbs smooth- 2nd stage pull 2.0 lbs with a candy cane break with a positive reset good trigger.What I don't love is the movement between the 1st and 2nd stage I can actually start to pull through the 2nd stage then stop and release back to the 1st stage without the trigger releasing (firing). Which I can not do with the DMR's this is the reason for wanting to go with the SSA-E's and I also wanted a none adjustable trigger.
Now the MBT-2S 1st stage pull smooth feels very light they claim 2.5 lbs but it feels lighter then any of my Geissele's and doesn't feel as springy less force on your finger when you release the 1st stage. 2nd stage feels a little heavier then the Geissele's but breaks immediately with no movement between stages and a little crisper then the SSA which is what I wanted. Reset feels like the 1st stage with not much pressure on your finger pushing forward.
The wider trigger bow just feels different so I can't say i like or dislike it only time will tell but the edge does feel a little sharp on your finger but I always where gloves so that's a none issue for me. I'm gonna order a SSA-E and get to the range to do a better review between the SSA,SSA-E and the MBT-2S being they are all none adjustable 2-stage triggers. As of right now I like the MBT-2S it is a good trigger very well built good job Larue, but I don't think I will be replacing any of my Geissele's.

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:59:44 PM EDT
[#27]
On Saturday, I took out the AR I recently installed a MBT on that I bought during the big Father's Day sale at LaRue Tactical. I will say this, the LaRue MBT is an absolutely sweet trigger. Very light and crisp. For those of you that have a Geissele trigger, you definitely need to look into trying the MBT from LaRue. I like it better than my Geissele SSA trigger.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 6:10:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 6:12:26 PM EDT
[#29]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
On Saturday, I took out the AR I recently installed a MBT on that I bought during the big Father's Day sale at LaRue Tactical. I will say this, the LaRue MBT is an absolutely sweet trigger. Very light and crisp. For those of you that have a Geissele trigger, you definitely need to look into trying the MBT from LaRue. I like it better than my Geissele SSA trigger.

http://www.laruetactical.com/sites/default/files/image003.jpg

I need to check if my hat says MBT on it now.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 7:00:43 PM EDT
[#30]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mark,
Any plans of running another lower plus MBT combo I am pissed I missed out on that  sale. I am wanting to try the MBT and compare it to my Timeny, Geissele, And Knights triggers plus I could use one of your lowers for the stealth barrel I got. The stealth build will not feel correct without one of your bad ass lowers and triggers.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 4:22:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 9:46:33 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Well ?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well ?

Haha mine says "UDE" on it.

Ugly Dude, exceptional.

But it is a nifty color. ETA: googled LaRue UDE so at least I know what it means now
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 11:13:50 AM EDT
[#33]
I've said before that I really like this trigger. It is installed in one of my SBR's and this weekend I will run it in a carbine course and see how well it does. FWIW every gun that I put through a carbine course has had an SSA-E in it.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 11:15:04 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 11:54:39 AM EDT
[#35]
I have an AR build class coming up and have Geissele triggers in all of my AR's but I may have to give this one a go.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:04:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:11:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

"You're gonna like the way it hooks, I guarantee it."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have an AR build class coming up and have Geissele triggers in all of my AR's but I may have to give this one a go.

"You're gonna like the way it hooks, I guarantee it."

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:21:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Well ?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well ?

I paid full MSRP for my first MBT and didn't even get a hat.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:23:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:35:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
^^^

No bull, are you shootin' straight with me ?

View Quote

LOL!  I've never received a hat on anything I've ordered from LaRue Tactical.  HOWEVER, when I went down to pick up my latest suppressor from SS, I stopped by the shop (didn't know that wasn't allowed) wanting to purchase one, and the nice lady at the front counter went to the back and came back with one.  Refused to take payment for it.  Nice bunch of folks over at LaRue Tactical!

DFM

Sorry for the hijack...  Back to the regularly scheduled discussion...
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:49:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
^^^

No bull, are you shootin' straight with me ?

View Quote

As straight as Stealth upper shoots.

It's ok though, ya'll could throw me one in with the set of 30mm LT104 rings I need to buy....
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 3:57:50 PM EDT
[#42]
For a duty gun that will be shot on the move and has to as reliable as possible...

Is there any reason not to use Colt hammer and trigger springs with the MBT2 to up the pull weight a little and smack the primer a little harder?  Or would it even do that?
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 10:15:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Mark-

Shot your trigger again today... open sights.  It did not magically cure my rapidly aging eyes' inability to resolve fine details at distance any more.  I am disappointed.

Still breaks like glass though.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 10:38:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
For a duty gun that will be shot on the move and has to as reliable as possible...

Is there any reason not to use Colt hammer and trigger springs with the MBT2 to up the pull weight a little and smack the primer a little harder?  Or would it even do that?
View Quote

I'll go ahead and answer my own question.

Today we set targets,
ran 110 yards uprange,
retrieved rifles,
ran 107 downrange,
engaged 1 target each at 3 yards,
3 second run, engage target with 5 rounds standing,
3 second run, engage target with 5 rounds kneeling,
3 second run, engage with 5 rounds prone,
3 second run engage with 5 rounds prone,
run to 110 yard line, engage a clean target with ten rounds prone.

I never once thought about the trigger until I got to the 110 yard prone position, then I thought that it was pretty nice trigger after a 300+ yard run, going from prone to running twice.  Did this three times back to back.

These are the last two targets, first target is on the move, second is the 110 yard prone.  

Link Posted: 7/9/2015 11:32:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 5:37:25 PM EDT
[#46]
I would like to see you offer stiffer trigger springs to help the reset for those who want to run a more multi purpose setup.  I have already sung my praise for this trigger for a precision setup, my only gripe being that there is very little forward force on the trigger once it breaks and you're going out to reset.  As such, I have relegated them to precision only rifles, but with a heavier spring they would be great on carbines/recce style rifles too as IMHO it would help the speed of follow up shots.

Either way, it really is a great trigger.

Link Posted: 7/9/2015 6:10:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 6:28:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Roger all that, is there a ready to go, off-the shelf spring you have in mind ?

ML
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would like to see you offer stiffer trigger springs to help the reset for those who want to run a more multi purpose setup.  I have already sung my praise for this trigger for a precision setup, my only gripe being that there is very little forward force on the trigger once it breaks and you're going out to reset.  As such, I have relegated them to precision only rifles, but with a heavier spring they would be great on carbines/recce style rifles too as IMHO it would help the speed of follow up shots.

Either way, it really is a great trigger.

Roger all that, is there a ready to go, off-the shelf spring you have in mind ?

ML

No clue!  What's the weight of yours?  I can look around and try some different ones.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 9:06:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 10:20:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
MBT-2S Trigger review ...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
MBT-2S Trigger review ...

“This trigger has become the new GO TO for all of my rifles.  What I find most impressive about this trigger is the fact that across the 4 that own (including early production) I can't tell a bit of difference.  All of the take up is the same, the break is identical, and reset is consistent.  I am a a high fan of the increased shoe width in the trigger bow.  I have owned other high end triggers and even among the best there was creep or just a lack of perfection.  across 3 different brand lowers this trigger has been nearly identical in performance.  I couldn't be happier.  Thanks for a well built and consistent performer.”

Sorry about my typo's.  Submitted that review on my mobile.  Everything I said in that post is 100% accurate.  I can only think if these triggers are this nice how nice must a whole LaRue rifle be?  Saving pennies to one day find out.  Until then I'll just keep enjoying my awesome triggers.
Page / 5
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top